Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179309 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39974: Jul 12, 2019 09:08:16 am
      Klopp post-match: "The transfer market is open. We will see what we do, but i dont think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time."

The likes of Brewster, Ki Jana Hoever and the return of chamberlain will save us millions in my opinion maybe hence why we’re in for a quiet window? No major upgrades needed either only cover for left back and for the forwards.

You could be right, there are some talented youngsters but for me it’s about bringing them through in the right environment. We’re a couple of injuries away from some of these lads being in the first team in a side that is expected to challenge on all four fronts, that’s a lot of pressure right there. Look at the way City are bringing Foden through, that’s the way to do it. But you can only do it that way if you’ve got strength in depth and some experience in your side. We need a couple of players to replace Studge and Moreno and they need to be better than the two that have gone.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #39975: Jul 12, 2019 10:28:17 am
      Sorry to pick out a small piece of your post, but saving money shouldn't be our goal.  Our primary target should be lifting our 1st league trophy in 30 years, and if it cost 100M to do that  I'd consider it money well spent.
      to save us millions was probably for lack of a better phrase, I just wanted to reiterate that maybe the squad is stronger than most people believe, if it cost us 250 million to win the league I’d consider it money well spent! What I do believe though is that Klopp will put huge faith in those 3 players for this coming season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39976: Jul 12, 2019 10:30:45 am
      Ox, Lallana, Joe and Brewster could well be viewed as new signings. Clyne played last night is he good cover or does he want out?
      Still a bit of thinning to do with some young players needing to go on loan or be sold so finding the right players to replace Danny and Moreno is going to be difficult.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #39977: Jul 12, 2019 10:40:09 am
      Look at the way City are bringing Foden through, that’s the way to do it.

I would argue until about April Phil Foden was completely under-utilised by Pep. Games like burton Albion in the first leg of the league cup semi final and Swansea in the Fa cup quarter final he was nowhere to be seen and those are games he should be involved in. Played a great role for city in the run though, granted. Next season I really hope we draw some non premier league sides in the cup for our young lads to get a chance to get integrated into the first team while taking those cups 100% seriously and trying to win them all, drawing the likes of Chelsea Everton West Brom etc hasn’t given us the chance to do that much the past few years.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39978: Jul 12, 2019 12:23:32 pm

I would argue until about April Phil Foden was completely under-utilised by Pep. Games like burton Albion in the first leg of the league cup semi final and Swansea in the Fa cup quarter final he was nowhere to be seen and those are games he should be involved in. Played a great role for city in the run though, granted. Next season I really hope we draw some non premier league sides in the cup for our young lads to get a chance to get integrated into the first team while taking those cups 100% seriously and trying to win them all, drawing the likes of Chelsea Everton West Brom etc hasn’t given us the chance to do that much the past few years.

We have EFL Trophy this season for that level of games for young players. At least three group games in the fall for that competition, so maybe some who would have been loaned will stay until January .

Also, players talk about our training ground as being a very intense indicator of talent. it may be that some youth players we made a lot of noise over in recent years just didn't rise to the required next level under scrutiny.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39979: Jul 12, 2019 02:28:21 pm
      F**k saving money, let's get another top notch £100m+ striker and we'll win everything.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39980: Jul 12, 2019 04:09:07 pm
      F**k saving money, let's get another top notch £100m+ striker and we'll win everything.

Let's get F***ing Batistuta
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39981: Jul 12, 2019 04:30:35 pm

If that's your thing, fine. But I'm out.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #39982: Jul 12, 2019 05:55:06 pm
      If that's your thing, fine. But I'm out.

I think he meant the legend, batigoal. I grew up admiring him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39983: Jul 12, 2019 06:08:29 pm
      You could be right, there are some talented youngsters but for me it’s about bringing them through in the right environment. We’re a couple of injuries away from some of these lads being in the first team in a side that is expected to challenge on all four fronts, that’s a lot of pressure right there. Look at the way City are bringing Foden through, that’s the way to do it. But you can only do it that way if you’ve got strength in depth and some experience in your side. We need a couple of players to replace Studge and Moreno and they need to be better than the two that have gone.

Remember, Andy and Trent I don't believe were earmarked to play as big of roles as they did two years ago, but look how it helped them develop and play this past year.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #39984: Jul 13, 2019 05:52:13 am
      now that Griezmann is at barca, we either getting coutinho or dembele. i can feel it in my loins
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39985: Jul 13, 2019 08:29:52 am
      Remember, Andy and Trent I don't believe were earmarked to play as big of roles as they did two years ago, but look how it helped them develop and play this past year.

It’s a good point mate but we still need more. There will be a different type of pressure this season, we’re exoected to win the league or go close. The vast majority of the squad have had a very short break and our three forwards have only just stopped (Mane is still going!), throw in a trip to the other side of the world to play the awful world club cup (right before a busy Christmas period) and a trip to Istanbul for the Super Cup and I’m really struggling to see how this squad can cope with injuries and the fixture list this year. We need a couple of quality players it’s as simple as that. And it would be dangerous to assume injury prone players like Lallana, Ox and Keita (thus far) are suddenly going to stay injury free. We’ve got a couple of youngsters who can contribute this season I think but it’s foolish to have to rely on them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39986: Jul 15, 2019 09:27:26 am
      I think Jürgen will be very pissed off if we do not replace Danny and Moreno at the very least. Yes we have the equivalent of new players in Brewster , Ox and Lallana but the dressing room needs a couple of players to "freshen things up"
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #39987: Jul 15, 2019 09:36:51 am
      Ox and Brewster and possibly Wilson can be like new signings for the club I still think we should be looking to sign a left back to replace Moreno.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39988: Jul 15, 2019 09:53:55 am
      Ox and Brewster and possibly Wilson can be like new signings for the club I still think we should be looking to sign a left back to replace Moreno.

Ox coming back from a huge injury and let’s face it, he has been injury prone his whole career. Similarly Brewster a huge injury and no doubt Lallana will miss half the season. Interesting to see what happens with Wilson but my money would be in him going either on loan or a permanent deal close to the deadline.

There is a chance here to really press home our advantage over some of the other sides pushing to be at ours and city’s level but I’m beginning to wonder if we will strengthen. Don’t forget our ridiculous transfer window shuts before the season starts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39989: Jul 15, 2019 10:11:26 am
      I think Jürgen will be very pissed off if we do not replace Danny and Moreno at the very least. Yes we have the equivalent of new players in Brewster , Ox and Lallana but the dressing room needs a couple of players to "freshen things up"

Are we assuming Lallana will be fit all season then, if so why? I agree with Ox and Brewster being good additions, especially Ox as Brewster is till an unknown and untested quantity
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39990: Jul 15, 2019 12:51:14 pm
      Removing two non factors who brought nothing on the pitch and consumed 160k in weekly salary "freshens things up" regardless of who replaces them.
      aka....addition by subtraction
      Jürgen has to be thrilled to be finally free of two players who have burdened his roster from Day 1 of his arrival.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019 12:58:28 pm by Borg »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #39991: Jul 15, 2019 12:58:00 pm

Don’t think he will be pissed off as it will be his choice
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39992: Jul 15, 2019 01:20:43 pm

Not sure I understand. Is he going to be pissed off at himself? Because ultimately he is the one who decides who comes and who goes.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #39993: Jul 15, 2019 01:39:50 pm
      I don't think we can expect too much from Brewster, Ox or Lallana, all 3 are either injury prone or coming back from long injury lay off. I think we need a new reliable LB, can't keep expecting Milly to fill that role, also a studge replacement would be nice.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39994: Jul 15, 2019 02:23:40 pm
      I don't think we can expect too much from Brewster, Ox or Lallana, all 3 are either injury prone or coming back from long injury lay off. I think we need a new reliable LB, can't keep expecting Milly to fill that role, also a studge replacement would be nice.

Over the course of last season, Origi surpassed Sturridge as the chief forward option off the bench . Shaqiri already in place as another and clearly Brewster is being put forward by Klopp as another option. That's three behind our regular starters. Not sure how much depth you want but that should cover it.

Klopp is looking at two kids for left back backup and says he could still bring someone in for that role but he's looking at those two for now.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019 04:44:53 pm by Robby The Z »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39995: Jul 15, 2019 02:29:42 pm

This....I don't get why people are against it!

I'm not buying this new player bollox with Ox and Llallana etc.

Go and spend or we stand still and watch others overtake.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39996: Jul 15, 2019 02:32:05 pm
      What's this claim that we are in for Coutinho? Saw a headline that we are looking at a loan deal..

Quick Reply