Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179433 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39997: Jul 15, 2019 03:26:39 pm
      On a Facebook group I saw someone mention a 2 year loan with an option to buy for Coutinho. On those terms this could be a great deal. But I don't see how this makes any sense for Barcelona. If anything they'd like to raise cash from a sale to pay for other signings, not just lose the player on a loan.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #39998: Jul 15, 2019 03:35:12 pm
      On a Facebook group I saw someone mention a 2 year loan with an option to buy for Coutinho. On those terms this could be a great deal. But I don't see how this makes any sense for Barcelona. If anything they'd like to raise cash from a sale to pay for other signings, not just lose the player on a loan.

Yeah that seems too good to be true on our side.... two year loan.. and if he hits the heights he did with us before he left, or more, we get him for Ā£88mil? In two years with the transfer fee growth that could be pennies... and if heā€™s sh*te we donā€™t buy... canā€™t get my head around that being true.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39999: Jul 15, 2019 04:19:14 pm
      Sorry, but didn't he try to hold us hostage twice?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40000: Jul 15, 2019 04:23:49 pm
      This....I don't get why people are against it!

I'm not buying this new player bollox with Ox and Llallana etc.

Go and spend or we stand still and watch others overtake.

Who exactly is ā€œovertakingā€ us ?

And do we have to spend to move forward ? Can Klopp not improve the team by developing the players we have more

Klopp isnā€™t going to spend for the sake of it - all this ā€œspend Ā£100milā€ and win the title is bullshit and shows a lack of understanding of the squad and the manager we have.

Klopp will do what he thinks is the best choice for the team and if he decides that there is no one on the market that he can add then are we really in a better place to judge?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40001: Jul 15, 2019 06:14:06 pm
      Who exactly is ā€œovertakingā€ us ?

And do we have to spend to move forward ? Can Klopp not improve the team by developing the players we have more

Klopp isnā€™t going to spend for the sake of it - all this ā€œspend Ā£100milā€ and win the title is bullshit and shows a lack of understanding of the squad and the manager we have.

Klopp will do what he thinks is the best choice for the team and if he decides that there is no one on the market that he can add then are we really in a better place to judge?

If Klopp thinks that Origi and Brewster provide adequate cover for tour front three then I'm fine with that but personally I think that is one hell of a risk. If we had 4 top quality strikers who we could rotate plus have someone to come in off the bench then it would give us those extra few points we need, I don't see why people are against it if the money is available?
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #40002: Jul 15, 2019 06:22:14 pm
      So if rumours are true a deal can be made for couthino to return, personally I would snatch their hands off, for the great season we had last year we lacked that bit of magic when teams sat deep. If it's a choice between Fekir and Couts I would take Couts everytime.

But he has to earn his place back
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #40003: Jul 15, 2019 06:32:22 pm
      So if rumours are true a deal can be made for couthino to return, personally I would snatch their hands off, for the great season we had last year we lacked that bit of magic when teams sat deep. If it's a choice between Fekir and Couts I would take Couts everytime.

Lacked magic? We got 97 points in the league and won the European Cup for Christ's sake.

Rather buy a soiled mattress than have Coutinho back. We don't need him, Barca don't need him. Quite frankly he's not at our level anymore.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40004: Jul 15, 2019 06:33:41 pm

I agree, Couts back on a loan deal is a no brainer, if he is good then fantastic, if he is bad then we can F**k him back off to Barca, zero downside. Personally I think he'd have a real point to prove and would work his bollox off for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40005: Jul 15, 2019 06:35:28 pm
      Lacked magic? We got 97 points in the league and won the European Cup for Christ's sake.

Rather buy a soiled mattress than have Coutinho back. We don't need him, Barca don't need him. Quite frankly he's not at our level anymore.

nonsense, we had a few games where we were quite flat and either got lucky to get a win or suffered one of the many draws which ultimately cost us the league. If we'd had Couts available it would have been that missing spark, the extra ingredient.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40006: Jul 15, 2019 06:42:19 pm

I just cant believe some of the comments its like people didn't see anything of the 18/19 season and they were asleep on the 1st June.
      We are European Champions and lost ONE league game last season . I kind of think JĆ¼rgen has earned the comment "I trust JĆ¼rgen".
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40007: Jul 15, 2019 06:43:10 pm
      nonsense, we had a few games where we were quite flat and either got lucky to get a win or suffered one of the many draws which ultimately cost us the league. If we'd had Couts available it would have been that missing spark, the extra ingredient.

Bollox complete and utter bollox . FFS what is wrong with people you suck the enjoyment out of the best season in a generation.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40008: Jul 15, 2019 06:46:34 pm
      What's this claim that we are in for Coutinho? Saw a headline that we are looking at a loan deal..

poor management by FSG we should have gone for a straight swap with Danny :f_tongueincheek:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #40009: Jul 15, 2019 07:08:06 pm
      Bollox complete and utter bollox . FFS what is wrong with people you suck the enjoyment out of the best season in a generation.

Even tho you are right about the season, he does have a point. There were few games where we didn't perform.
      I'm all for getting better every year, so what we didn't well last year. We should aim to get it right this season, so this season can be better then the last one.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #40010: Jul 15, 2019 07:13:08 pm

Cou is still class, he is named in the copa america team. So he is getting something right.
      would take him back in a heartbrat, we did great last season but let's not stop there.
      our aim should be to do better.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40011: Jul 15, 2019 07:19:10 pm
      If Klopp thinks that Origi and Brewster provide adequate cover for tour front three then I'm fine with that but personally I think that is one hell of a risk. If we had 4 top quality strikers who we could rotate plus have someone to come in off the bench then it would give us those extra few points we need, I don't see why people are against it if the money is available?

Which ā€œqualityā€ striker do you think we should get to ā€œrotateā€ even though Klopp doesnā€™t play with a striker as such and he also doesnā€™t ā€œrotateā€

As i said it just shows a lack of understanding of Klopps methods

People are only against spending more for the sake of spending money just because itā€™s available
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40012: Jul 15, 2019 07:54:49 pm
      Even tho you are right about the season, he does have a point. There were few games where we didn't perform.
      I'm all for getting better every year, so what we didn't well last year. We should aim to get it right this season, so this season can be better then the last one.

name them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40013: Jul 15, 2019 08:27:35 pm

Leicester, Man Utd and West Ham to name three draws where with an extra attacking option we might have turned draws in to wins.

Btw yes we had a fantastic season but there is still room for improvement, I'm sure Klopp would agree with that.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #40014: Jul 15, 2019 08:48:25 pm

Iā€™m one of those advocating to get another top winger, but to say Coutinho would have been the difference maker in us winning the league is a flat out fallacy.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a pure coincidence  that this team has enjoyed itā€™s best 18 months in years after Phil left, so you cannot make that claim as if it were a fact because you have nothing to back it up with.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40015: Jul 15, 2019 09:02:34 pm
      Quite frankly he's not at our level anymore.

I understand the sentiment but frankly, that's what it is, a sentimental response. No way he's a worse player than Lallana or Shaqiri. Of course he's at our level. There are perfectly understandable reasons to oppose his signing, but it's not his ability.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40016: Jul 15, 2019 09:10:14 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #40017: Jul 15, 2019 09:18:01 pm
      We sign Fekir in the next 7 days. Calling it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40018: Jul 15, 2019 09:31:33 pm
      I understand the sentiment but frankly, that's what it is, a sentimental response. No way he's a worse player than Lallana or Shaqiri. Of course he's at our level. There are perfectly understandable reasons to oppose his signing, but it's not his ability.

For me it's a tricky one, I'm not sure I'd say he's not at our level anymore because he was top quality player for us and became World Class. But I would say we have massively developed since his departure and improved all over the pitch so for me it's not a question of whether he's good enough for us now, but a question of whether or not he is suited to us now. When he was here, we were very reliant on him and we always used to look to put as much as possible through him but now we have much more of a balance.

Personally for me, I don't want him back because he made his decision and the faking of a back injury and the transfer requests the day before the season started and then again in the winter was bad enough, but then when he joined in the antics of Barca and started trying to buy cheap fouls against us was the final nail. But regardless of whether I want him back, you want him back or anyone else wants him back doesn't change the fact that if he was to return, there would be a lot more pressure on him now than there was before because not only would he be expected to match and exceed the level he was before he left, he would also have to redeem himself for the way he behaved.

Any other manager then I think we'd be bringing him back, but with Klopp I think it's very much a case of you only get one chance with him, if you decide to go then that's it, you aren't coming back under his management. Klopp made it perectly clear how much he wanted Coutinho to stay and how with us he can be a legend but would just be another player anywhere else and Coutinho chose not to listen and essentially throw it back in Klopp's face, thinking he could do better than us. Ironic really, left us to win the Champions League and we've since had 2 finals, putting him out on the way to winning it. A player that will finish his career with huge regrets over a poor career decision.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019 09:42:40 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40019: Jul 15, 2019 09:48:21 pm
      We sign Fekir in the next 7 days. Calling it

REal Betis called it before you.

Quick Reply