Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179003 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40020: Jul 15, 2019 09:53:47 pm
      I think Klopp is happy with his lot in regards to transfers. We have a tight knit group now, a winning team. That why I think to bring back Coutinho now could be a bad move. Let's not forget he forced his way out because he thought we couldn't win as much as Barca could. I'd bring him in as a squad player on loan but  I think it would upset the group if he came back as one of the starting 11.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40021: Jul 15, 2019 09:56:54 pm
      I think Klopp is happy with his lot in regards to transfers. We have a tight knit group now, a winning team. That why I think to bring back Coutinho now could be a bad move. Let's not forget he forced his way out because he thought we couldn't win as much as Barca could. I'd bring him in as a squad player on loan but  I think it would upset the group if he came back as one of the starting 11.

Might be the case but when he was attempting to leave Henderson and a few others stood by him and deflected criticism. We see things as supporters in a different way than his teammates would. That being said "if" he did come back i would have to assume that the important members of the squad were informed and gave it the thumbs up before anything would be done.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40022: Jul 15, 2019 10:06:08 pm
      I understand the sentiment but frankly, that's what it is, a sentimental response. No way he's a worse player than Lallana or Shaqiri. Of course he's at our level. There are perfectly understandable reasons to oppose his signing, but it's not his ability.

Agree.

I know it hasn't worked for him at Barca but for me he's still one of the best players around in his position.

For me if JĆ¼rgen was happy to have him back and he realised he made a mistake and wanted back I think I'd be for it.

He's a quality footballer.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40023: Jul 15, 2019 10:56:23 pm
      I just cant believe some of the comments its like people didn't see anything of the 18/19 season and they were asleep on the 1st June.
      We are European Champions and lost ONE league game last season . I kind of think JĆ¼rgen has earned the comment "I trust JĆ¼rgen".

He has mate but to be honest, what is the point of this place if everything is based on the ā€˜trust JĆ¼rgenā€™ premise. There wouldnā€™t be much to talk about.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40024: Jul 15, 2019 10:59:30 pm
      As for the Coutinho reports I think the source is a paper in Italy so hardly close to the player. If it happened Iā€™d be perfectly happy with that, Iā€™d have him back in heart beat. Served the club very well for many years, soured things a bit with some of his conduct prior to the move but itā€™s not like he bad mouthed anyone in the press and he played a blinder the first 3-4 months of that season. Donā€™t see it happening though
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40025: Jul 16, 2019 08:14:17 am
      Which ā€œqualityā€ striker do you think we should get to ā€œrotateā€ even though Klopp doesnā€™t play with a striker as such and he also doesnā€™t ā€œrotateā€

As i said it just shows a lack of understanding of Klopps methods

People are only against spending more for the sake of spending money just because itā€™s available

He rotated plenty when we played in the domestic cups (and we lost both times), he rotated at Christmas, he rotated at other times. I strongly suspect he will need to rotate again when the lads travel across the world to play the Workd Club Cup just before this Christmas. Lose Salah or Firmino (or both) for half a season and I wonder if we would be quite so close to City again?

Itā€™s lazy to dismiss other peopleā€™s arguments as ā€˜spending for the sake of spendingā€™. The strength and depth in cityā€™s squad enabled them to compete on four fronts and also gave them security at most positions should they suffer with injuries. Our squad currently enables us to compete on 2 fronts and we will also need some good luck again on the injury front.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019 09:17:31 am by Scottbot »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40026: Jul 16, 2019 08:21:07 am
      He rotated plenty when we played in the domestic cups (and we lost both times), he rotated at Christmas. I strongly suspect he will need to rotate again when the lads travel across the world to play the Workd Club Cup just before this Christmas. Lose Salah or Firmino (or both) for half a season and I wonder if we would be quite so close to City again?

Itā€™s lazy to dismiss other peopleā€™s arguments as ā€˜spending for the sake of spendingā€™. The strength and depth in cityā€™s squad enabled them to compete on four fronts and also gave them security at most positions should they suffer with injuries. Our squad currently enables us to compete on 2 fronts and we will also need some good luck again on the injury front.

100% agree, nail on the head.

It is astonishing that some people are actually arguing against having a stronger squad!! As for this signing someone to sit on the bench nonsense, it is utter crap, with 4 quality forwards you could rotate and give the current three a bit more rest throughout the season, plus not have to play them when they have a dip in form AND have someone to come in off the bench to change a game, which we were crying out for a few times last season when we had those few flat games that led to draws.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40027: Jul 16, 2019 09:27:01 am

It is astonishing that some people are actually arguing against having a stronger squad!! As for this signing someone to sit on the bench nonsense, it is utter crap, with 4 quality forwards you could rotate and give the current three a bit more rest throughout the season, plus not have to play them when they have a dip in form AND have someone to come in off the bench to change a game, which we were crying out for a few times last season when we had those few flat games that led to draws.

Interesting post... If you had your way, no budget constraints, assume all players want to sign for us, don't mind not starting, no club blocking their departure, a "you can have whoever you want" scenario... who are the four on your list?

For discussion sake only. I've no right to judge you. That's one of the purpose of this board. Just want to hear your opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40028: Jul 16, 2019 09:38:05 am
      Interesting post... If you had your way, no budget constraints, assume all players want to sign for us, don't mind not starting, no club blocking their departure, a "you can have whoever you want" scenario... who are the four on your list?

For discussion sake only. I've no right to judge you. That's one of the purpose of this board. Just want to hear your opinion.

I'd go all out for Mbappe, I think he is sensational as a forward and will only get better. Another player who I would love to see at Liverpool is Son but prising him away from Spurs would be more or less impossible.
      I know that neither one is realistic but it would be that kind of calibre I'd be aiming for, a player who is at the same level as our current front three to offer real rotation and options, not just be a highly paid bench warmer.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40029: Jul 16, 2019 09:43:28 am
      I'd go all out for Mbappe, I think he is sensational as a forward and will only get better. Another player who I would love to see at Liverpool is Son but prising him away from Spurs would be more or less impossible.
      I know that neither one is realistic but it would be that kind of calibre I'd be aiming for, a player who is at the same level as our current front three to offer real rotation and options, not just be a highly paid bench warmer.

Don't you have two more? A Hazard? A Coutinho? Both playmakers who can score? A Sterling? A KDB?

That'll ensure we secure three points even before any match build-up starts. I see where you're coming from now...
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40030: Jul 16, 2019 10:09:53 am
      Don't you have two more? A Hazard? A Coutinho? Both playmakers who can score? A Sterling? A KDB?

That'll ensure we secure three points even before any match build-up starts. I see where you're coming from now...

Iā€™m not sure why the sarcasm? He is simply suggesting another decent option up top who offers a similar level of quality to the three we already have. Mbappe is hardly realistic but a player like Nicholas Pepe (ie. young, talented and versatile) or similar could be a good option. There are always talented attacking players out there.

If either of the front three get injured long term we are currently looking at Shaqiri, Origi and the untested Brewster to come in. Itā€™s quite a drop off wouldnā€™t you agree? Our biggest rival for the title barely missed De Bruyne. If Sterling was injured for the season they have Sane to step in, even Mahrez (who is a lesser player) has scored 20 goals or thereabouts I n a season before and has shown more than the lads we have on the bench. Does anyone think we could cover the loss of Salah or Mane for half a season and still accrue a similar points total?

Iā€™d love to hear from anyone who does?
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019 10:27:42 am by Scottbot »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40031: Jul 16, 2019 10:22:06 am
      Iā€™m not sure why the sarcasm? He is simply suggesting another decent option up top who offers a similar level of quality to the three we already have. Mbappe is hardly realistic but a player like Nicholas Pepe (ie. young, talented and versatile) or similar could be a good option. There are always talented attacking players out there.

If either of the front three get injured long term we are currently looking at Shaqiri, Origi and the untested Brewster to come in. Itā€™s quite a drop off wouldnā€™t you agree? Our biggest rival for the title barely missed De Bruyne. If Sterling was list for the season they have Sane to step in. Does anyone think we could cover the loss of Salah or Mane for half a season and still accrue a similar points total?

Iā€™d love to hear from them.

No I wasn't sarcastic. I've no right to judge. He has a right to his own opinion and I respect that. I just wanted to understand where he's coming from. Everyone has a different view and we need to understand each individual's starting point. See, I now get to understand his viewpoint. Nothing wrong with his opinion. I now understand he desires that type of quality on our bench. The Hazards and KDBs are of a similar vein to Mbappe. It's an extreme scenario but now we get to understand another type of viewpoint more.

Yes I was sarcastic before. But not today. I said upfront I've no right to judge. You probably misunderstood me this time... I do not want to take him down. His opinion is his own right. I'm prepared to respect that today.

I personally take a different view. I feel Divock can cover. He's proven he could deliver. So we do not need to spend the money. That's it, differing views.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40032: Jul 16, 2019 10:36:36 am
      No I wasn't sarcastic. I've no right to judge. He has a right to his own opinion and I respect that. I just wanted to understand where he's coming from. Everyone has a different view and we need to understand each individual's starting point. See, I now get to understand his viewpoint. Nothing wrong with his opinion. I now understand he desires that type of quality on our bench. The Hazards and KDBs are of a similar vein to Mbappe. It's an extreme scenario but now we get to understand another type of viewpoint more.

Yes I was sarcastic before. But not today. I said upfront I've no right to judge. You probably misunderstood me this time... I do not want to take him down. His opinion is his own right. I'm prepared to respect that today.

I personally take a different view. I feel Divock can cover. He's proven he could deliver. So we do not need to spend the money. That's it, differing views.

Soz if I misread your post.

With regards to Divock, if you are happy with him then I guess you will be happier with the squad. He obviously scored some huge goals last season and showed signs of developing but for me he isnā€™t a great cover option for the Salah or Mane roles and as a centre forward he is more of a change up off the bench in that offers something different. If we were relying on Divock to start matches week in week out I suspect we will see the old inconsistencies appear once again. Hopefully Iā€™m wrong and last season is a springboard but I find Origi to be quite an infuriating player, he is blessed with incredible physical attributes and has talent but often he doesnā€™t use his physicality and his touch and decision making let him down at times. What Iā€™m saying is he is far from a sure thing. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #40033: Jul 16, 2019 11:54:54 am
      Dear Michael Edward's,

I'm currently in Tenerife and have had to suffer the ignominy of sitting next to a bunch of rather large chaps *
      (of a blue moon & Tottingham inclination) wearing oversized nylon tops and cheering like it was a UCL final as Engerland won the Croquet World Series.

I'm either hungover or drunk and the paranoia is eating me alive........

Be a nice chap and sign a belter so I can.stick it to the Spurs and Manc fucktards.

Cheers bossman

Al
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019 01:03:03 pm by Scotia »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40034: Jul 16, 2019 12:22:29 pm
      Is this Coutinho loan stuff all bollocks? Some divvy in work reckons it's on but I think he sees a rumour and passes it off as fact.

Would be funny to do it though. 2 year loan, pay his wages but then when the time comes to buy send him packing back.

My best guess is poor Philippe is off to PSG whether he likes it or not as a makeweight in their pursuit of bringing back Neymar.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40035: Jul 16, 2019 12:54:37 pm
      Is this Coutinho loan stuff all bollocks? Some divvy in work reckons it's on but I think he sees a rumour and passes it off as fact.

Would be funny to do it though. 2 year loan, pay his wages but then when the time comes to buy send him packing back.

My best guess is poor Philippe is off to PSG whether he likes it or not as a makeweight in their pursuit of bringing back Neymar.

Yeah I think so mate, his agent has said a couple of things but seemingly in response to specific questions about whether Coutinho could be s target for the mancs. I donā€™t think thereā€™s much in it tbh
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40036: Jul 16, 2019 01:07:06 pm

Stop talking sense will you!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40037: Jul 16, 2019 01:12:43 pm
      Its taken JĆ¼rgen nearly 4 years to get the team he wants with the right type of players suggesting Mbappe is an "option" is lunacy and clearly no thought had gone into having him at Liverpool. firstly his fee is going to be somewhere near Ā£200 mil and his wage demands are going to be twice that of our highest paid player who will immediately get on to his agent asking WTF is going on. The balance of the squad is perfect in every way so its not a matter of how much we pay its how well they will fit in with the rest of the squad.
      Ignoring the fact that Ox ,Joe and Rhian will effectively be new players is just nonsense as JĆ¼rgen has said so himself on a few occasions.
      We need a replacement for Danny which may well be Rhian and a left back cover for Robbo. We also haven't seen the best of Shaq though niggling injuries and Lovren and Lallana played little part last season so I can see why JĆ¼rgen has said it will not be a busy window.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40038: Jul 16, 2019 01:30:08 pm
      Its taken JĆ¼rgen nearly 4 years to get the team he wants with the right type of players suggesting Mbappe is an "option" is lunacy and clearly no thought had gone into having him at Liverpool. firstly his fee is going to be somewhere near Ā£200 mil and his wage demands are going to be twice that of our highest paid player who will immediately get on to his agent asking WTF is going on. The balance of the squad is perfect in every way so its not a matter of how much we pay its how well they will fit in with the rest of the squad.
      Ignoring the fact that Ox ,Joe and Rhian will effectively be new players is just nonsense as JĆ¼rgen has said so himself on a few occasions.
      We need a replacement for Danny which may well be Rhian and a left back cover for Robbo. We also haven't seen the best of Shaq though niggling injuries and Lovren and Lallana played little part last season so I can see why JĆ¼rgen has said it will not be a busy window.

How do you think we would cope if we lost two of our front free for an extended period mate?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40039: Jul 16, 2019 01:58:44 pm

So why were we pursuing Fekir then and was Shaqiri the backup signing to Fekir?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40040: Jul 16, 2019 02:34:05 pm
      How do you think we would cope if we lost two of our front free for an extended period mate?

we will do mate at the start of this season both Mo and Sadio will not be available for the first few games so we will see how JĆ¼rgen deals with this.  I am absolutely certain JĆ¼rgen and his team have everything covered and if he wants a player or more than one player he will get the funds needed. We managed last season without quite a few players and lost one game. All the front three had periods of poor form it would be crazy if they didn't but JĆ¼rgen managed the squad and we lost one league game and won the CL yet for some it wasn't enough and we need to spend Ā£200mil on Mbappe. Its as if they haven't heard a word JĆ¼rgen has said in his time here its all about building for the future and now we have a squad ready to win some silverware for the next few seasons.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40041: Jul 16, 2019 02:38:21 pm

A lot of factors go into buying a player. (At least they should).  A players ability, his preferred role, his adaptability, his potential or real impact on squad chemistry, the other players we already have, and yes, his asking price and wage demands. any one of these can throw off a transfer happening , as can health issues.

Fekir's health ended the deal for us. There are other players who might be good, but who don't fit because one or more of the other factors listed . On here you can look at players in a vacuum - "X is a good player so therefore we MUST sign him" -  but a good manager will look at them in context. That is what JĆ¼rgen does. 

New signings are like a crack pipe, i get it.  Why do I know many details about a 16-year old we've brought in who can't sign a pro contract until April? Because he's new. But if you look at it from the long perspective, signings should supplement development, not the other way around. We've signed plenty, for this window at least, there are other avenues from which to get better.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40042: Jul 16, 2019 02:52:20 pm

My conspiracy theory says that Fekir's stats were great and therefore we went in for him. In the middle of it all, there was Shaq for just Ā£12m. Perhaps the stats are not too far off and for that price, perhaps Shaq based on dollar value is more bang for buck. So they messed up Fekir's deal and went ahead with Shaq.

That's my conspiracy theory. May or may not be true, but ask me and I'll go with this.

Quick Reply