Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179000 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40871: Aug 13, 2019 01:00:13 pm
      Never been a fan of Lovren but unless we bring in another CB why are we going into the season with just 3 senior CB’s.
      Two of whom have a suspect injury record.

We also have Hoever, Van den Berg and Fabinho who can play there. I trust Kloppo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40872: Aug 13, 2019 01:57:33 pm
      Never been a fan of Lovren but unless we bring in another CB why are we going into the season with just 3 senior CB’s.
      Two of whom have a suspect injury record.

But so does Lovren :laugh:.

So we are relying on an extra injury prone player to hopefully not be injured if needed.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #40873: Aug 13, 2019 02:04:46 pm
      Stupid really to allow Lovren to go for that silly money. We need depth in squad. Gomez/Matip 2 injury prone players..Why taking risk?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40874: Aug 13, 2019 02:15:11 pm
      I don't really give a sh*t what he is used to or what he wants. We own his contract and pay his wages so its up to him to work his arse off to try and force his way back into the team or wait until he is needed by the team. Sick to death of players dictating terms to clubs.

Man what's with the hostility? Most players want to play. He can do that without being unprofessional. I understand there is a question about depth of he leaves. Jürgen is consistent in not wanting too big of a squad (what amounts to too big is subjective).

The club may also be storing up treasure for future purchases, maybe even a forward! ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #40875: Aug 13, 2019 03:30:31 pm
      But so does Lovren :laugh:.

So we are relying on an extra injury prone player to hopefully not be injured if needed.

An extra body if needed is better than nothing, only marginally though in Lovrens case  ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40876: Aug 13, 2019 03:44:12 pm
      Any of you tired of saying Klopp is making a mistake yet? Seen it said so many f'n times and it ain't really been true once yet.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2019 06:19:17 pm by Roddenberry »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #40877: Aug 13, 2019 04:05:18 pm
      Any tired of saying Klopp is making a mistake yet? Seen it said so many f'n times and it ain't really been true once yet.

Man Youse lot are like Trump supporters ;D.

If Lovren leaves our 'OVERALL' squad will be weaker than last seasons. No doubt.

We won a major Trophy last season and our cheap owners wont buy a player.

We are selling areas of our squad that helped out last season and are not replacing them.

Instead of strengthening in the PERFECT moment to strengthen, we are selling and being sold that 'New Contracts are like New Signings'.

And yall are buying it and preaching 'JUST BELIEEEEVE'

MLGA (MAKE LIVERPOOL GREAT AGAIN!)

No Bueno!!
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2019 04:24:13 pm by PastorGeek »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40878: Aug 13, 2019 05:49:42 pm

If Lovren leaves our 'OVERALL' squad will be weaker than last seasons. No doubt.

We are selling areas of our squad that helped out last season and are not replacing them.

Instead of strengthening in the PERFECT moment to strengthen, we are selling and being sold that 'New Contracts are like New Signings'.

No Bueno!!

When I count how many times Klopp has been wrong, compared to how many times you have been wrong, you are way ahead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40879: Aug 13, 2019 06:39:31 pm

No Bueno!!

Sounds like the ramblings of a knobhead if I'm honest.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #40880: Aug 13, 2019 07:34:22 pm
      Sounds like the ramblings of a knobhead if I'm honest.

damn why so triggered?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40881: Aug 13, 2019 07:54:46 pm

No Bueno!!

Is it really that much weaker ?

Lovren has been struggling with injuries for a number of seasons now , Klopp preference was to put Fabinho there before him , we have added a young CB plus Hoever as well - if Lovren did leave it wouldn’t be the end of the world

Mo would be sad to lose his best mate
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #40882: Aug 13, 2019 08:08:22 pm

Lovren has been struggling with injuries for a number of seasons now , Klopp preference was to put Fabinho there before him , we have added a young CB plus Hoever as well - if Lovren did leave it wouldn’t be the end of the world

In certain areas it would be. At one point last season Lovren was our only fit CB. Sturridge did help us in moments during the season last year.

The 17 and 18 year olds may be great, who knows. But i dont think its too much to ask (after winning the champions league) to expect proven replacements. Call me crazy (or a knobhead)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40883: Aug 13, 2019 08:21:48 pm
      Man what's with the hostility? Most players want to play. He can do that without being unprofessional. I understand there is a question about depth of he leaves. Jürgen is consistent in not wanting too big of a squad (what amounts to too big is subjective).

The club may also be storing up treasure for future purchases, maybe even a forward! ;)

The hostility is towards players dictating terms to clubs these days, not that I'm suggesting Lovren is doing that, it was more of a general rant.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40884: Aug 13, 2019 08:24:40 pm
      I don't really give a sh*t what he is used to or what he wants. We own his contract and pay his wages so its up to him to work his arse off to try and force his way back into the team or wait until he is needed by the team. Sick to death of players dictating terms to clubs.

When was it decided that Lovren is dictating terms to the club ?

Own his contract ?!

You really do need to get a grip - constant reactionary sh*te from you and it’s spoiling every thread
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40885: Aug 13, 2019 08:26:06 pm

I can't recall Fabinho playing CB ahead of a fit Lovren, when did that happen?
      Lovren may not be great and may be injury prone but he's a decent CB who knows our system very well, unless he's agitating for a move I'd keep him until Jan.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40886: Aug 13, 2019 08:26:34 pm
      When was it decided that Lovren is dictating terms to the club ?

Own his contract ?!

You really do need to get a grip - constant reactionary sh*te from you and it’s spoiling every thread

See the post before yours.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40887: Aug 13, 2019 09:57:12 pm
      Didn't like the Clyne loan last season. Dont like this either.

Surely in January we will sign a few, the squad is no doubt now weaker than last season. Left back cover gone, 3 centre halves for 2 positions. Very hard to see what the plan is for this season with more games this season than last.

Realistically Gomez is never far from 2 months out on the sidelines and from that point on cover will come from a 17 and 18 year old.

I'm honestly shocked at what has been allowed to happen this Summer, I really thought we were getting somewhere we depth all over the pitch this time last year.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2019 10:04:15 pm by fields of anny rd »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40888: Aug 13, 2019 10:04:02 pm
      IF lovren wants out so he can be a 1st choice CB somewhere fair enough. I can see klopp saying ok, your kind of in the way of these young lads being 4th choice CB anyway.

So all good in the hood.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40889: Aug 14, 2019 12:09:32 am
      IF lovren wants out so he can be a 1st choice CB somewhere fair enough. I can see klopp saying ok, your kind of in the way of these young lads being 4th choice CB anyway.

So all good in the hood.

So we weaken our team and jepordise our chance of winning the league just to make Dejan happy, why? Or do you think that the 17 year old we signed is at the same level as a world Cup finalist?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40890: Aug 14, 2019 12:17:30 am
      So we weaken our team and jepordise our chance of winning the league just to make Dejan happy, why? Or do you think that the 17 year old we signed is at the same level as a world Cup finalist?

I think this is what you get when the manager is close with his players and it's simply a conversation he's probably been having with Dejan for quite sometime. Having his players backs and being consistent is why and how he get's what he get's out of them. On top of that other players around Europe sit and look at how he treats and respects his boys...that's why people want to come play here.

He is sitting there dealing with the short-term while keeping in mind the long term; he finds solutions for short term issues with what he has but always keeps the long term interest of the club in mind.

This is what you get with Jürgen Klopp as manager; 3 European finals in 3 years and #6 sitting on the shelf. You on the other hand jump from thing to thing screaming fire every-time someone lights a smoke.

You don't have to like it, you are fully entitled to your opinion but it would be nice at time to just STFU. Small minds think small and big ones look at the entire picture now and 2 years from now.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #40891: Aug 14, 2019 09:42:53 am
      Is Lovren really leaving? I mean I don't understand this unless Klopp sees Hoever or Van Den Berg as 1st team players and nothing we saw so far hints at Klopp considering any of those two guys as 1st team ready.

Not buying anyone and having questionable options in terms of LB and winger covers...okay. But heading into the season with 3 CB's is just not understandable for me.

Are we suddenly poor or did Lovren put in some kind of transfer request only after the transfer window was closed for us to buy anybody? If so then why would we accept him leaving with no clear replacement available at the club and no way for us to buy someone else?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40892: Aug 14, 2019 10:05:42 am

;D. no but as usual with doom and gloomers, you are assuming the worst that Gomez & Matip will be injured at the same time again. Very very unlikely. And btw. Lovren is one of the most Injury prone players at the club.

If they are injured or need a rest, then klopp can call on Fabhino at CB, or the U23s.

We are a club doesnt want to keep players back , if lovren wants to move for the sake of his career and 1st team football, good for him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #40893: Aug 14, 2019 10:14:32 am
      Lovren is 4TH CHOICE ! Tell me a team that has a 4th choice as good as Lovren ? Barcelona - Todibo, Real - Nacho, City doesnt have a 4th choice, Juventus - Demiral.

Of course that is better to sell him and promote a youngster there.

Quick Reply