Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179419 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40894: Aug 14, 2019 10:39:18 am
      I think this is what you get when the manager is close with his players and it's simply a conversation he's probably been having with Dejan for quite sometime. Having his players backs and being consistent is why and how he get's what he get's out of them. On top of that other players around Europe sit and look at how he treats and respects his boys...that's why people want to come play here.

He is sitting there dealing with the short-term while keeping in mind the long term; he finds solutions for short term issues with what he has but always keeps the long term interest of the club in mind.

This is what you get with Jürgen Klopp as manager; 3 European finals in 3 years and #6 sitting on the shelf. You on the other hand jump from thing to thing screaming fire every-time someone lights a smoke.

You don't have to like it, you are fully entitled to your opinion but it would be nice at time to just STFU. Small minds think small and big ones look at the entire picture now and 2 years from now.

on the other hand you have Pep Guardiola who seems much stricter, not as pally and desperate for love from the players who wins everything in the domestic league and gets 198 points in 2 seasons. Yes yes he has a bigger budget but even so I think I know which style of management is more effective.

BTW I am thinking big picture, I am thinking about January time where we'll have to either play a 17 year old or take Fabinho out of midfield just so that we can be "nice" to Lovren in the short term and let him leave.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40895: Aug 14, 2019 10:42:47 am
      ;D. no but as usual with doom and gloomers, you are assuming the worst that Gomez & Matip will be injured at the same time again. Very very unlikely. And btw. Lovren is one of the most Injury prone players at the club.

If they are injured or need a rest, then klopp can call on Fabhino at CB, or the U23s.

We are a club doesnt want to keep players back , if lovren wants to move for the sake of his career and 1st team football, good for him.

Why is it very very unlikely that two injury prone players are injured at the same time, when it seems to happen every year? I don't really care about individual players, they are extraordinarily well played to do a job and they should all do that job to the best of their ability, if they want to leave then they can BUT only after an adequate  replacement has been secured.

BTW playing Fabinho in CB means we can't play him in midfield or have you not realised that, when we had to do it last season our midfield was weakened, it should only ever be done in desperation.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #40896: Aug 14, 2019 01:05:56 pm
      I love Klopp, but I can't help but feel he's made some mistakes this summer -- primarily not bringing in another top quality forward and leaving us vulnerable if one of the front 3 gets a bad injury.  Now if we sell Lovren, then we will just be recreating that same problem at CB.  On paper, the only thing I see that can derail our season is injuries to key players and the drop in quality for the backups who will step in to cover.  I hope I'm either wrong or that we are just very fortunate with injuries this season. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40897: Aug 14, 2019 01:12:03 pm
      Why is it very very unlikely that two injury prone players are injured at the same time, when it seems to happen every year? I don't really care about individual players, they are extraordinarily well played to do a job and they should all do that job to the best of their ability, if they want to leave then they can BUT only after an adequate  replacement has been secured.

BTW playing Fabinho in CB means we can't play him in midfield or have you not realised that, when we had to do it last season our midfield was weakened, it should only ever be done in desperation.

you forget about klopp bigging up lallana to play as a 6 if needed. you might disagree, but klopp has thought this all thru. we also have hendo and milner who can play the 6, or we can change formation, on the odd time like the 1 or 2 games last year where we stretched. ;-)

the neviller made a very good point on sky the other day, its very hard to persuade top top top players to come and be sub, that goes for all positions not just the front 3.

I actually suspect klopp probably has new players lined up, but as he does he waits until he gets his man, whoever that may be. might not see them till next year or January. ;-)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #40898: Aug 14, 2019 02:04:26 pm
      I love Klopp, but I can't help but feel he's made some mistakes this summer -- primarily not bringing in another top quality forward and leaving us vulnerable if one of the front 3 gets a bad injury.  Now if we sell Lovren, then we will just be recreating that same problem at CB.  On paper, the only thing I see that can derail our season is injuries to key players and the drop in quality for the backups who will step in to cover.  I hope I'm either wrong or that we are just very fortunate with injuries this season.

I was 100% in favor of bringing in a top winger this summer and was disappointed when he didn't, but we can't say it's a mistake until it's proven that it is. It's obvious he wants to give Origi a big role to play on the team and that would have been compromised with the addition of another forward so from that standpoint it makes sense, and also the reason why he signed that new contract. Doubt he would have if he was going to be 2nd off the bench which probably meant limited time.

As for Lovren, he is a quality defender (though all the Beckenbauer's on this board will tell us he's sh*t) and as such is too good to be 4th choice, so i get why he'd want to leave and seek regular playing time, but just puzzled by the timing of it given our window to bring players in is over. In a big game, i know i would trust Lovren ahead of a youngster like Hoever, so to me it's a big risk to let him go and have to wait until January as the earliest when we can bring in a replacement, then get past the learning curve of adapting to our style of play.

Also concerning because Gomez is Arnold's backup so we could really be stretched in the back if a couple of injuries hit and Lovren is down in Roma.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40899: Aug 14, 2019 02:35:06 pm
      I must be a doom and gloomer then as I’m in total agreement this is a mistake and does weaken us. He will be needed this season for sure.

Once again we could have added but now we will be using a centre midfielder to cover centre back and left back if he is sold.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40900: Aug 14, 2019 03:18:20 pm
      When asked about Lovren, Klopp said"we will see" but also mentioned the January window so, indeed, he may have an incoming as well as an outgoing in mind. He also may prefer to keep him through the busier season of fixtures (if now until Jan 1 is indeed that).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40901: Aug 14, 2019 04:32:18 pm
      Yea, we should note, Lovren hasnt actually gone yet.

Could make an agreement to leave in January, or even agree to go next summer.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #40902: Aug 14, 2019 05:04:21 pm
      Klopp talks about dejan here

https://youtu.be/Jfd-y20Jnz4?t=1400
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40903: Aug 14, 2019 06:12:16 pm
      Yea, we should note, Lovren hasnt actually gone yet.

Could make an agreement to leave in January, or even agree to go next summer.

No..god forbid we use actual facts, it would spoil everything.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40904: Aug 14, 2019 08:02:12 pm
      on the other hand you have Pep Guardiola who seems much stricter, not as pally and desperate for love from the players who wins everything in the domestic league and gets 198 points in 2 seasons. Yes yes he has a bigger budget but even so I think I know which style of management is more effective.

BTW I am thinking big picture, I am thinking about January time where we'll have to either play a 17 year old or take Fabinho out of midfield just so that we can be "nice" to Lovren in the short term and let him leave.

The one who get the most money - you do nothing but constantly run down the team, the players , the club - you used to do it on a previous forum as well - constant negativity towards the team irrelevant of what’s going. Why do you bother supporting the club - that’s if you actually do , prob never been the ground or watched any match beyond the telly

And btw Pep has just let another cb leave and that’s means he now has 3 senior cb’s
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #40905: Aug 14, 2019 08:52:07 pm
      Lovren is 4TH CHOICE ! Tell me a team that has a 4th choice as good as Lovren ? Barcelona - Todibo, Real - Nacho, City doesnt have a 4th choice, Juventus - Demiral.

Of course that is better to sell him and promote a youngster there.
      Agreed on the fact that he is a quality 4th choice but you are missing the point here. We all know he is bound to leave, but why are we selling after the window has closed and with no apparent alternative other than 2 kids who have not played more than a single competitive game for the club (only Hoever vs Wolves in that cup game really)?

Edit: I might also add that even during this pre-season, nothing indicated that Klopp was gearing towards making Hoever or Van Den Berg his 4th choice especially not the game time he gave them. Got a feeling we are improvising and it's never a good thing to be improvising in professional football.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40906: Aug 14, 2019 10:59:25 pm
      Lovren is 4TH CHOICE ! Tell me a team that has a 4th choice as good as Lovren ? Barcelona - Todibo, Real - Nacho, City doesnt have a 4th choice, Juventus - Demiral.

Of course that is better to sell him and promote a youngster there.

He's 4th choice behind an injury prone back line, and one of the CBs ahead of him commonly plays at RB as he's second choice there (as he did tonight), and arguably second choice LB as well as we have no cover there, so it's not as simple as that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40907: Aug 14, 2019 11:17:25 pm
      Can we at least get 1 last game out of him?

It's not too late to change our minds you know ;D

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #40908: Aug 14, 2019 11:48:13 pm
      Beyond me if we sell him. Squad is thin in enough on quality as it is.

Gomez will have to play right back if Trent is hurt and that only leaves two senior centre halves.

The benefits outweigh selling him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40909: Aug 15, 2019 12:16:27 am
      Beyond me if we sell him. Squad is thin in enough on quality as it is.

Gomez will have to play right back if Trent is hurt and that only leaves two senior centre halves.

The benefits outweigh selling him.

Plus Gomez is really not a right or left back, I'd much rather see Hoever deputise for Trent.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40910: Aug 15, 2019 11:31:16 am
      I don't get why we want to sell for all the reasons already mentioned but I also dont get why Lovren wants to leave for those same reasons too.

He will get games if he is patient, Matip was in the same situation last season and ended up being vital in our champions league run. If he sucks up his pride and knuckles down his chance will come, and like Matip if he nails it, he will get himself back in the team.

We are a very good team but we are only as strong as the depth we can boast. We should be able to have players willing to fight to get back into the picture.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #40911: Aug 16, 2019 11:09:03 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40912: Aug 16, 2019 02:04:38 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40913: Aug 16, 2019 03:48:51 pm
      Good, but it should never have been on in the first place.

Other reports say Dejan wanted a big signing bonus. It may be off with Roma but I wouldn't say the idea of him moving is done. Stay tuned.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40914: Aug 16, 2019 05:02:16 pm
      Not sure how or why but somehow the correct outcome has materialised. We need him for now. Perhaps in January the club can let Dejan leave once we have found someone else to come in. Would only need to be a Klavan type player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40915: Aug 16, 2019 06:28:07 pm
      Has the faux outrage over a player a numbers of the whingers said "should never play for us again" settled down yet.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40916: Aug 16, 2019 06:50:49 pm
      Couthinho off to bayern on loan apparently

Quick Reply