Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179623 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40917: Aug 16, 2019 06:52:17 pm

Because you're chatting utter sh*te dickhead!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40918: Aug 17, 2019 12:15:50 am
      Couthinho off to bayern on loan apparently

Watched them draw today vs. Hertha Berlin (Marko scored a goal and conceded a penalty). Bayern do not look like world-beaters at the moment and this makes them look a bit desperate to be honest. Maybe he will light it up for them, and I don't know the financials of the deal, but I don't see this as much more than confirmation that Barca know they have made a colossal mistake in buying him from us (another reason we were right to avoid bringing him back).

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #40919: Aug 17, 2019 02:06:07 am
      Watched them draw today vs. Hertha Berlin (Marko scored a goal and conceded a penalty). Bayern do not look like world-beaters at the moment and this makes them look a bit desperate to be honest. Maybe he will light it up for them, and I don't know the financials of the deal, but I don't see this as much more than confirmation that Barca know they have made a colossal mistake in buying him from us (another reason we were right to avoid bringing him back).

Coutinho on a loan is not bad business. You get a good player at reduced cost and minimal risk. Same as James last year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40920: Aug 17, 2019 02:16:14 am
      Coutinho on a loan is not bad business. You get a good player at reduced cost and minimal risk. Same as James last year.
      Time will tell, but just now he's off the boil. I expect him to make very little impact this season in Germany.

Also, the figures being mentioned with his loan fee before were larger than some transfer fees.

Time will tell as always (and James scored 7 goals in 28 appearances last season so.....meh).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40921: Aug 17, 2019 01:11:24 pm

And Barca got beat away by Bilbao on opening day, Suarez off injured and Griezman doing F**k all!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40922: Aug 17, 2019 02:38:07 pm

It’s not really reduced cost, if the reports of his loan fee are true, then Bayern are paying near on £30mill + wages for the privilege of one season. Expensive loan gamble to be taking.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #40923: Aug 17, 2019 03:58:24 pm
      It’s not really reduced cost, if the reports of his loan fee are true, then Bayern are paying near on £30mill + wages for the privilege of one season. Expensive loan gamble to be taking.

How much do you think his transfer would have cost? well in excess of 30M, no? if he doesn't work out, you return him and you're not stock with him like Barcelona is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40924: Aug 17, 2019 04:04:51 pm
      How much do you think his transfer would have cost? well in excess of 30M, no? if he doesn't work out, you return him and you're not stock with him like Barcelona is.

It’s not about transfer though is it, it’s about a loan, a loan that’s got an astronomical fee. All well and good saying just return him to Barca in a year if it doesn’t work out but if it doesn’t work out then they’ve spent best part of 40mill on a flop, that they can’t even sell on to recoup some money.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #40925: Aug 17, 2019 04:30:55 pm
      Pukki of the 'Pool has a ring
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40926: Aug 18, 2019 11:53:53 am

I would not mind us putting in a bid for him, looks a very good forward so far. In seriousness these are the sort of players the scouts should be identifying.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #40927: Aug 18, 2019 12:03:41 pm
      I would not mind us putting in a bid for him, looks a very good forward so far. In seriousness these are the sort of players the scouts should be identifying.

Have you an issue with our scouting system?

Are you aware Pukki is 29 years old and only reached Championship level football last season after playing the majority of his footballing career in Denmark?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40928: Aug 18, 2019 01:31:34 pm

30 million for a rental is a major outlay.  If he doesn't blow people's minds, it will go down as a poor decision.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40929: Aug 18, 2019 01:46:55 pm

Are you aware Pukki is 29 years old and only reached Championship level football last season after playing the majority of his footballing career in Denmark?

He's just trying to continue his narrative of "we should have bought (doesn't really matter who) X player"
      He's going to continue it throughout the season.
      He's dying for us to lose so he can flood the boards with "I told you so".
      Notice his post count in match threads when we win, compared to when we lose or draw.

He's just a wum.
      I've had him on ignore for ages, but people keep quoting him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40930: Aug 18, 2019 02:05:42 pm

No, not a major issue with them, but I do think we could be a bit more savvy sometimes and for example buy VVD from Celtic rather than from Southampton
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40931: Aug 18, 2019 02:10:19 pm
      He's just trying to continue his narrative of "we should have bought (doesn't really matter who) X player"
      He's going to continue it throughout the season.
      He's dying for us to lose so he can flood the boards with "I told you so".
      Notice his post count in match threads when we win, compared to when we lose or draw.

He's just a wum.
      I've had him on ignore for ages, but people keep quoting him.

Not trying to continue a narrative, just pointing out the Pukki would be a very good signing for us as he would for most teams.
      If 2 of our forwards get injured at the same time then yes I will be pointing out the folly of not getting another top quality forward in the summer so brace yourself, it might invade your safe space.
      Do you really think I want us to lose, that is an incredibly insulting thing to say and not an accusation I would level at anyone on this forum.
      Can you statistically back up your point that my post count win or lose differs from the norm, if not shut the f up with your smears and lies!

You have me on ignore yet feel the need to comment on me all the time, what does that say about you?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #40932: Aug 18, 2019 02:37:13 pm
      No, not a major issue with them, but I do think we could be a bit more savvy sometimes and for example buy VVD from Celtic rather than from Southampton

Yes and hindsight is 20/20.

We could have also bought Coutinho for £8 million from Inter rather than £140 million from Barca.

Oh wait.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40933: Aug 18, 2019 03:13:30 pm
      Not trying to continue a narrative, just pointing out the Pukki would be a very good signing for us as he would for most teams.
      If 2 of our forwards get injured at the same time then yes I will be pointing out the folly of not getting another top quality forward in the summer so brace yourself, it might invade your safe space.
      Do you really think I want us to lose, that is an incredibly insulting thing to say and not an accusation I would level at anyone on this forum.
      Can you statistically back up your point that my post count win or lose differs from the norm, if not shut the f up with your smears and lies!

You have me on ignore yet feel the need to comment on me all the time, what does that say about you?

Christ you just can’t stop reacting to everything- Pukki has played two games in the Prem - that’s it , I have no doubt he will join a long list of one season wonders.

Stop posting drivel
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40934: Aug 18, 2019 03:44:49 pm
      Yes and hindsight is 20/20.

We could have also bought Coutinho for £8 million from Inter rather than £140 million from Barca.

Oh wait.

Fair point
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40935: Aug 18, 2019 03:47:21 pm
      Christ you just can’t stop reacting to everything- Pukki has played two games in the Prem - that’s it , I have no doubt he will join a long list of one season wonders.

Stop posting drivel

Well technically this is his second season of being a very good striker isn't it, ok only 2 games, but pretty damned impressive in them, so already you are wrong, oh how embarassing.
      BTW funny you say I can't stop reacting to everything when every single post I make seems to trigger you and your cabal of numpties.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #40936: Aug 18, 2019 04:00:33 pm
      Well technically this is his second season of being a very good striker isn't it, ok only 2 games, but pretty damned impressive in them, so already you are wrong, oh how embarassing.
      BTW funny you say I can't stop reacting to everything when every single post I make seems to trigger you and your cabal of numpties.

Sorry but how many goals did he score in the Prem last season ?

Do you remember players like Marcus Stewart , Micheal Rickets - two games he has played , 2 F***ing games in the Prem and you are wanting him signed up

Only numpty around is you and your sh*te

You have F**k all to moan about in the game thread so you look for other areas to post drivel
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #40937: Aug 18, 2019 04:40:30 pm

This is the best thing he could do altogether
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40938: Aug 18, 2019 06:44:28 pm

If we bought Pukki you’d have been up in arms about how he’s not LFC quality
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #40939: Aug 18, 2019 08:22:28 pm
      Don’t feed the trolls.

Quick Reply