Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179578 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41032: Oct 07, 2019 04:11:40 pm
      Yeh me too.  What offer will it take to get him?   Leicester are well run and aren't desperate to sell.   

Depends on the ambitions of the player, but surely £60m+ should be enough to tempt Leicester.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41033: Oct 07, 2019 04:12:11 pm
      Around 4 times what we could have paid a year ago.

True statement. I wouldn't expect any incoming until the summer unless there is some injury crisis (and maybe not even then). It's a habit most of us have developed to take an automatic interest in possible transfers. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is so much more enjoyable to just revel in the players we have and the team performances they are producing.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41034: Oct 07, 2019 04:34:53 pm
      It's believable. The only thing I wonder about is why it took almost 18 months for this to come out if it's true.

It does remind how dirty a business football transfers can be.

Doing just fine without Fekir, by the way.

And he has been injured again
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41035: Oct 07, 2019 06:57:01 pm
      The only thing I wonder about is why it took almost 18 months for this to come out if it's true.

Maybe because they didn’t want it to scupper another move. Granted we could have said something but I think we’ve learned our lesson so once we walk away from something then that’s it, no need for us to speak about it and getting involved in that nonsense.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41036: Oct 07, 2019 07:07:57 pm
      Maybe because they didn’t want it to scupper another move. Granted we could have said something but I think we’ve learned our lesson so once we walk away from something then that’s it, no need for us to speak about it and getting involved in that nonsense.

Agree about not spoiling another deal. I didn't mean the explanation would have come out from us (we STILL haven't said anything - as it should be).

It was an odd one at the time, but I think the biggest thing we should take from the whole (non) deal is that our manager has very high expectations regarding who he has in the squad, he is not going to bring in or keep someone unless he's convinced it is for the best of Liverpool Football Club, and that matrix involves more than just footballing talent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41037: Oct 07, 2019 08:12:24 pm
      Agree about not spoiling another deal. I didn't mean the explanation would have come out from us (we STILL haven't said anything - as it should be).

It was an odd one at the time, but I think the biggest thing we should take from the whole (non) deal is that our manager has very high expectations regarding who he has in the squad, he is not going to bring in or keep someone unless he's convinced it is for the best of Liverpool Football Club, and that matrix involves more than just footballing talent.

Goes too show that the journo's once again didn’t have a clue and were just assuming it was because of the knee. Never did buy that it was because of his knee because how we signed Ox who has spent a large chunk of his career injured.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41038: Oct 07, 2019 09:01:25 pm
      Goes too show that the journo's once again didn’t have a clue and were just assuming it was because of the knee. Never did buy that it was because of his knee because how we signed Ox who has spent a large chunk of his career injured.

Well....that's if what this agent is saying is true.  :)

Lots of agendas out there for us all to wade through. This one was stranger than most because of the whole "interview with the team web site" bit.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41039: Oct 07, 2019 10:30:29 pm
      Depends on the ambitions of the player, but surely £60m+ should be enough to tempt Leicester.

I think around 60m would be a good deal though they sold that camel for 80m?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41040: Oct 16, 2019 12:15:25 pm
      So, Dortmund's assistant manager Jorg Heinrich says keeping Jadon Sancho will become very difficult! And we could potentially land a Nike deal...

Just saying...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41041: Oct 16, 2019 12:39:56 pm
      So, Dortmund's assistant manager Jorg Heinrich says keeping Jadon Sancho will become very difficult! And we could potentially land a Nike deal...

Just saying...

Add to that Klopp said City refused to sell to LFC & he's a big fan.
      From Dortmund rumours it looks like they'll sell Sancho and sign Havertz.

Would take either of them at LFC, but Sancho makes more sense for the squad.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41042: Oct 16, 2019 02:52:29 pm
      This Sancho talk....im not convinced and thinking he may be over rated but only seen him handful of times.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #41043: Oct 16, 2019 08:11:24 pm
      Wouldn’t say no to Thomas Muller if there’s any truth in the supposed interest
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41044: Oct 16, 2019 09:09:02 pm
      This Sancho talk....im not convinced and thinking he may be over rated but only seen him handful of times.

I think he's outstanding personally. Wonderful talent who, unlike most of his English counterparts, showed balls to move to a foreign country to learn his trade in an environment he knew would benefit him more than England and he has succeeded massively. That displays a level of maturity, independence and ambition far beyond what most people display

Wouldn’t say no to Thomas Muller if there’s any truth in the supposed interest

That really doesn't seem to be in line with our transfer policy in recent years. Unless he's happy to be played on rotation.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #41045: Oct 16, 2019 09:33:39 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly li
      That really doesn't seem to be in line with our transfer policy in recent years. Unless he's happy to be played on rotation.
      [/quote

Yeah I agree with you but just am a sucker for big name signings that could be a gamble or work out for the better.

Probably won’t happen anyway so we’ll never know 🤔

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41046: Oct 17, 2019 11:39:05 am
      While we still have the fab front 3 I dont think in all honesty Sancho is going to happen. If any of them were to move on then I think we would be in the market for a player like that.

It's sad to think that one day this front 3 will be broken up but we have to make sure we are prepared for when it does.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41047: Oct 17, 2019 01:50:43 pm
      While we still have the fab front 3 I dont think in all honesty Sancho is going to happen. If any of them were to move on then I think we would be in the market for a player like that.

It's sad to think that one day this front 3 will be broken up but we have to make sure we are prepared for when it does.

Yes perhaps we could prepare for it sooner rather than later by having a 4th player who can slot into the front three, or is that just crazy talk?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41048: Oct 17, 2019 03:35:17 pm

Klopp likes a good 4231 or 4222. No reason Sancho wouldn't get plenty of time on the pitch.
      Better to have the option already at the club than be scrambling for replacements when one of the front 3 moves on eventually.
      Until then having a front 4 of those options, allowing variation between 433 & 4231 would be boss.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41049: Oct 17, 2019 09:13:27 pm
      Klopp likes a good 4231 or 4222. No reason Sancho wouldn't get plenty of time on the pitch.
      Better to have the option already at the club than be scrambling for replacements when one of the front 3 moves on eventually.
      Until then having a front 4 of those options, allowing variation between 433 & 4231 would be boss.

Would love it to happen, just not sure it's in our planning.

In fairness I like the solidity of 3 hard working midfielders behind the front 3. I can see why the club at this stage is happy to keep its powder dry for now.

Like I said though, I hope there are contingencies in place to keep the squad fighting near the top after this current crop move on.

No transfers this season but hopefully some fresh faces next year to keep the club  improving.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2019 09:17:58 pm by fields of anny rd »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41050: Oct 17, 2019 09:41:01 pm

Exactly mate we're blessed with the 3 lads we have up top I hope they are here playing at the highest level for at least 5 more years.

One player I do think Klopp will aim to bring in next Summer is Kai Havertz who is a brilliant young talent and would give us some extra creatively from central midfield that I feel we lack a little.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41051: Oct 18, 2019 06:14:33 pm

Salah
      Mane-Bobby-Sancho

There's the answer. Bringing in a quality/expensive player doesnt necessarily equate a big player leaving. Plus the lad has time with him. May be this year, the 'top brass' including Jürgen wouldnt be **thaaat arsed** if we were to exit the cup competitions. But given no incomings last summer, I'm pretty sure we'll make signings next summer to hunt all trophies.

Hate to take the Mancs as an example but we need those Darren Fletchers, O'Sheas, Wes Browns, Ji Sung Parks who were probably not the backbone of title winning teams but were vital cogs to maintain winning runs when the core players needed a break or out injured. A bigger squad that is 'capable' to fight for all thats available.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41052: Oct 18, 2019 06:25:05 pm
      Salah
      Mane-Bobby-Sancho

There's the answer. Bringing in a quality/expensive player doesnt necessarily equate a big player leaving. Plus the lad has time with him. May be this year, the 'top brass' including Jürgen wouldnt be **thaaat arsed** if we were to exit the cup competitions. But given no incomings last summer, I'm pretty sure we'll make signings next summer to hunt all trophies.

Hate to take the Mancs as an example but we need those Darren Fletchers, O'Sheas, Wes Browns, Ji Sung Parks who were probably not the backbone of title winning teams but were vital cogs to maintain winning runs when the core players needed a break or out injured. A bigger squad that is 'capable' to fight for all thats available.

It's not the answer really though is it?

You've just made the team more attacking and lost a hard working midfielder that helps provides the platform for the attacking players.

With 17 wins in a row there's not much call to spent 90 million and drop the 4-3-3 just yet.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41053: Oct 18, 2019 06:36:59 pm
      It's not the answer really though is it?

You've just made the team more attacking and lost a hard working midfielder that helps provides the platform for the attacking players.

With 17 wins in a row there's not much call to spent 90 million and drop the 4-3-3 just yet.

Funny, we used the exact same formation last year quite a bit with Shaq there instead of Sancho, cos we used a Fab-Gini double pivot.

I'm hoping you get the gist. We should be able to field match winning teams week in and week out. In short, we need to be where City are without spending that much.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41054: Oct 18, 2019 08:49:02 pm
      [quote author=Frankly, Mr Shankly li

Yeah I agree with you but just am a sucker for big name signings that could be a gamble or work out for the better.

Probably won’t happen anyway so we’ll never know 🤔

Big name signing about ten years ago! Almost ready for the knackers yard now. For that reason it has to be your typical transfer gossip.

Quick Reply