Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178970 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41331: Jan 17, 2020 03:31:27 pm
      ps. If Lallana \ Shaq leaves, Jones & Chiravela will take there place in the squad, no need to spend big.

Also Harry Wilson will be back, the lad has skills, just whether he can do it for us.

And then theres Marko Gruijc.

I would like to see Wilson be given a shot at the team if Shaqiri does leave at the end of the season like we saw with Solanke. Guy has a nose for goal and if it doesn't work out give his work at the championship and premiership level we would be able to sell him for a decent price.

I also say in the news that Origi is again being link with Wolves but it won't happen during the winter transfer window. Curious to see what he does in the summer as it won't be likely his role will change any time soon.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41332: Jan 17, 2020 04:01:54 pm

There's team chemistry and then there's team chemistry!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41333: Jan 17, 2020 04:03:34 pm
      I'd have him as a Lallana/Shaq replacement, but not sure how keen he'd be starting most games on the bench.

I like the lad, I think he's a fine footballer, and has a great attitude.
      Still only 24 as well, so ripe for being Klopped.

I just don't see the desire to be a top player like Stevie for instance. Compare his attitude to a Steven Gerrard at 24 I think he is in his comfort zone a very wealthy young man made for life playing for his boyhood team that's not a bad life is it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41334: Jan 17, 2020 04:06:47 pm
      I would like to see Wilson be given a shot at the team if Shaqiri does leave at the end of the season like we saw with Solanke. Guy has a nose for goal and if it doesn't work out give his work at the championship and premiership level we would be able to sell him for a decent price.

I also say in the news that Origi is again being link with Wolves but it won't happen during the winter transfer window. Curious to see what he does in the summer as it won't be likely his role will change any time soon.

Of those players we're discussing, I don't think Wilson has much of a future with our first team. He can take a nice goal but I think he falls short on the industry/application side of things and that is a non-negotiable item for Klopp.

Marko Grujic I still say could be a boss midfielder for us, but there just may be no place for him given the current roster and their respective ages/contracts.

Chirivella I think will leave in the summer, same situation as Grujic really, while Curtis Jones has every chance to be a star here, even if he is loaned out next season.

Origi...I get the situation, but let's see what happens with Divock for the rest of the season before we tell him goodbye (again). I posted an article in the AFCON thread (Kop board) where JĆ¼rgen calls the moving of that tournament on January "a catastrophe" for us re Mane, Salah and Keita, and that it would impact transfer policy). Not sure offloading a forward who has scored a decent amount of goals for us makes sense prior to next season, unless Divock is insisting on it and that doesn't sound like him to me.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41335: Jan 17, 2020 05:59:02 pm
      Of those players we're discussing, I don't think Wilson has much of a future with our first team. He can take a nice goal but I think he falls short on the industry/application side of things and that is a non-negotiable item for Klopp.

About Wilson what I seen from the handful of games is he drifts in and out of games but he has good cutting edge. Qualities often could be described in one Shaqiri. The only way I could see Wilson getting a chance is if Shaqiri decides to move on. The move for Minamino I think really hurt his chances to be given shot at the club. I just think if spot for him to play cup games and come off the bench it is worth a punt to let him do it for a season to see what he can offer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41336: Jan 17, 2020 06:02:41 pm
      About Wilson what I seen from the handful of games is he drifts in and out of games but he has good cutting edge. Qualities often could be described in one Shaqiri. The only way I could see Wilson getting a chance is if Shaqiri decides to move on. The move for Minamino I think really hurt his chances to be given shot at the club. I just think if spot for him to play cup games and come off the bench it is worth a punt to let him do it for a season to see what he can offer.

I see a lot of young Mo in Harry Wilson and he could play in the middle. He has the most incredible touch and he is doing well in a struggling side this has been a good year for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41337: Jan 17, 2020 10:07:53 pm
      he is doing well in a struggling side this has been a good year for him.

No he hasn't and no it hasn't. I know many Bournemouth fans and none of them are happy with Wilson, they are hoping he's stops getting played. He's been doing next to nothing for the majority of games and popping up with the odd goal every 6 weeks or whatever isn't going to cut it. I agree with them too because every game I've seen him play this season has been exactly how they've described him.
      Look on their forum and and they are calling him too lightweight, should be behind Kilkenny, that they never want to see him in the shirt again, that heā€™s a Championship level player etc.

He's getting on for 23, he's past the age of being about "potential", he should be having a much bigger impact on games now. The complaints of his inconsistencies from Derby last season have followed into this season and been exposed further with a higher standard needed.

He has a nice first touch, so what, means nothing if you do nothing with it.

This was his chance to show what he can do and he's shown he's not quite able to cut it, he should be standing out in that Bournemouth team, they should be singing his praises and saying he's the highlight of their season, not that they don't want to see him on the pitch again.

I am 99.9% certain Wilson has no future with us and I'd be surprised if he is playing the Premier League again over the next few years.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2020 10:12:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41338: Jan 17, 2020 10:18:23 pm
      Harry Wilson isnā€™t Liverpool level unfortunately. Will be a case of taking the Ā£20m and putting it towards a top forward.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #41339: Jan 17, 2020 10:32:39 pm
      Harry is unfortunately just too old/good to be sitting in the reserves and just not quite good enough to sit on the first team bench. Itā€™s such a shame because he has some fantastic qualities.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41340: Jan 17, 2020 11:37:47 pm
      Harry is unfortunately just too old/good to be sitting in the reserves and just not quite good enough to sit on the first team bench. Itā€™s such a shame because he has some fantastic qualities.

So he's not impressing Bournemouth fans but he's to good for our reserves, erm what??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41341: Jan 18, 2020 02:40:07 pm
      No he hasn't and no it hasn't. I know many Bournemouth fans and none of them are happy with Wilson, they are hoping he's stops getting played. He's been doing next to nothing for the majority of games and popping up with the odd goal every 6 weeks or whatever isn't going to cut it. I agree with them too because every game I've seen him play this season has been exactly how they've described him.
      Look on their forum and and they are calling him too lightweight, should be behind Kilkenny, that they never want to see him in the shirt again, that heā€™s a Championship level player etc.

He's getting on for 23, he's past the age of being about "potential", he should be having a much bigger impact on games now. The complaints of his inconsistencies from Derby last season have followed into this season and been exposed further with a higher standard needed.

He has a nice first touch, so what, means nothing if you do nothing with it.

This was his chance to show what he can do and he's shown he's not quite able to cut it, he should be standing out in that Bournemouth team, they should be singing his praises and saying he's the highlight of their season, not that they don't want to see him on the pitch again.

I am 99.9% certain Wilson has no future with us and I'd be surprised if he is playing the Premier League again over the next few years.

oh do F**k off have you even bothered watching him.
      So yes he is doing well and yes he has a future with us. Every time you write bollocks I will just write the opposite. So many F***ing experts on young talent thanks F**k we have a manager with vision.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41342: Jan 18, 2020 02:45:17 pm
      oh do f**k off have you even bothered watching him.
      So yes he is doing well and yes he has a future with us. Every time you write bollocks I will just write the opposite. So many f**king experts on young talent thanks f**k we have a manager with vision.

so the Bournemouth fans are all wrong then?? Bloody hell you really are a bit blinkered and biased aren't you, are you related to him or something?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41343: Jan 18, 2020 02:47:17 pm
      Mo Salah at Chelsea played 13 and scored 2 for Chelsea in the EPL at 23 and went on loan played 16 scored 6 before going to Roma playing 34 scoring 14 non of those Stats indicated what he was about to do for us but he was developing and needed the right environment and coach and thankfully we have JĆ¼rgen or I doubt we would have bought Mo or Sadio based on their records alone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41344: Jan 18, 2020 02:50:20 pm
      so the Bournemouth fans are all wrong then??

Yeah quite easily!!

So he's not impressing Bournemouth fans but he's to good for our reserves, erm what??

And what level of footy are they used to watching, Eddie Howe's nice, pretty, but in the end not very effective football!!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41345: Jan 18, 2020 02:50:44 pm
      Mo Salah at Chelsea played 13 and scored 2 for Chelsea in the EPL at 23 and went on loan played 16 scored 6 before going to Roma playing 34 scoring 14 non of those Stats indicated what he was about to do for us but he was developing and needed the right environment and coach and thankfully we have JĆ¼rgen or I doubt we would have bought Mo or Sadio based on their records alone.

Do you think Bournemouth is the right environment, how did it work out for Ibe and Solanke, who you also no doubt thought were amazing talents!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41346: Jan 18, 2020 02:52:39 pm
      Yeah quite easily!!

And what level of footy are they used to watching, Eddie Howe's nice, pretty, but in the end not very effective football!!

How incredibly arrogant you are to think that you know more about a player who you have glimpsed a handfull of times compared to fans who watch their team week in week out scrutinising all the players.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41347: Jan 18, 2020 02:57:13 pm
      How incredibly arrogant you are to think that you know more about a player who you have glimpsed a handfull of times compared to fans who watch their team week in week out scrutinising all the players.

I watch footy you F***ing dickhead, I've seen him play for our youth teams, Derby games last year the Welsh national team. He hasn't been playing for like one season FFS!!

Try going to more than just one F***ing Carabao cup game and understand the actual game before commenting you F***ing wool!

How incredibly arrogant that you think you know anything about football than actual match-going fans, who have been going on nigh-on 35 F***ing years!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #41348: Jan 18, 2020 03:36:59 pm

How incredibly arrogant that you think you know anything about football than actual match-going fans, who have been going on nigh-on 35 f**king years!

Actually majority of games get broadcasted now. Doesn't matter if you are judging a player in the stadium or watching on tele from timbektu, shouldnt be any difference.
      On Wilson, I haven't seen enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41349: Jan 18, 2020 04:58:58 pm
      oh do f**k off have you even bothered watching him.
      So yes he is doing well and yes he has a future with us. Every time you write bollocks I will just write the opposite. So many f**king experts on young talent thanks f**k we have a manager with vision.

:tosser:

Young talent, heā€™s nearly 23!!

Another stellar performance of him doing nothing before getting subbed after half an hour. Only played 1 full game so far.

Forgot you were the oracle though, send one of our players to non-league for a season and youā€™d think he was boss and has a future with us.

Comparing him with Salah is comical. A player who was already a star player for a team, Basel. Struggled at Chelsea but then immediately went and smashed it at Fiorentina and Roma before us. Hardly going on loan to Derby in the Championship and then to play crap for Bournemouth is it.

Wonder what your opinion will be when heā€™s gone in the summer. Probably along the lines of ā€œKlopp made the right choiceā€, ā€œobviously wasnā€™t good enough if Klopp hasnā€™t kept himā€.

Youā€™re a joke lad because if he was never our player in the first place, you wouldnā€™t have this opinion of him and think he could be a player to come and have a future with us.

Where exactly do you see him having a future with us?! Heā€™s not at the level of anyone we ever have on the bench for a start.

Tool, now go cry yourself off in another tantrum that you so often do.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2020 05:13:20 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41350: Jan 18, 2020 04:59:38 pm
      Actually majority of games get broadcasted now. Doesn't matter if you are judging a player in the stadium or watching on tele from timbektu, shouldnt be any difference.
      On Wilson, I haven't seen enough.

Are you sure yeah? So you see the whole pitch, runs players make off the ball or just what the camera wants you to see, and the best example of that is Babbel's goal at Goodison in the Gary Mac derby, the camera shows Babbel right at the end steaming in to score, yet those of us in the ground saw Markus rampaging down the right from the very beginning of the move, but that's when the cameras can be arsed viewing the pitch and not on the bench, fans in the stand etc etc.

To compare the two is F***ing idiotic, there is so much more to see at the actual match.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #41351: Jan 18, 2020 05:08:50 pm
      Harry Wilson is a bang average football player who happens to have an amazing left foot.

Unfortunately, being able to bang in the occasional, albeit wonderful, free kick or long distance shot, doesn't make you a good Premier League player. To think he'll ever make it at the highest level is naive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41352: Jan 18, 2020 05:13:23 pm
      Harry Wilson is a bang average football player who happens to have an amazing left foot.

Unfortunately, being able to bang in the occasional, albeit wonderful, free kick or long distance shot, doesn't make you a good Premier League player. To think he'll ever make it at the highest level is naive.

Get to F**k! Bang average my arse divvy!! I still maintain he's better than Ryan Frazer, who's at the same team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41353: Jan 18, 2020 05:16:35 pm
      Are you sure yeah? So you see the whole pitch, runs players make off the ball or just what the camera wants you to see, and the best example of that is Babbel's goal at Goodison in the Gary Mac derby, the camera shows Babbel right at the end steaming in to score, yet those of us in the ground saw Markus rampaging down the right from the very beginning of the move, but that's when the cameras can be arsed viewing the pitch and not on the bench, fans in the stand etc etc.

To compare the two is f**king idiotic, there is so much more to see at the actual match.

Ha thatā€™s a fair point actually. Instantly reminded me of seeing Suarez for us and for Barca. Sometimes half of what you see from him in a game on the telly is nothing compared to the rest you donā€™t see; forever trying to take down players as they run or even walk past him, sticking out a leg, grabbing them etc. There was one game I saw he completely swung a player round to the deck out of nowhere and when I watched the game back on the telly, didnā€™t see it at all. The defender didnā€™t even make a fuss about it, that was for Barca.

Quick Reply