Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179415 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41377: Jan 19, 2020 12:19:04 pm
      Grealish scored a cracker yesterday but if you ever listen to his interviews I think he lacks the desire  needed to be really top class.
      He has made it as far as he is concerned and why not he is living the dream
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #41378: Jan 20, 2020 06:10:20 am
      Grealish or Maddison would be great additions.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41379: Jan 20, 2020 11:15:46 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41380: Jan 20, 2020 01:35:04 pm

Thought the reports the other day were he rejected us because he won’t be a certain starter? Now we are his preferred choice?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41381: Jan 20, 2020 02:07:45 pm
      Thought the reports the other day were he rejected us because he won’t be a certain starter? Now we are his preferred choice?

May be he is convinced with our stature than the "projects" in other clubs - United and Chelsea, in particular who have been linked heavily.

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1219251798143328257
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41382: Jan 20, 2020 03:36:02 pm

Isn't this a report from Bild? Basically Germany's version of the S*n?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41383: Jan 20, 2020 05:14:19 pm

Do not expect this to happen.

Not terribly interested in transfers at the moment, if I'm honest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41384: Jan 20, 2020 05:48:45 pm

Klopp's deffo had a word.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41385: Jan 21, 2020 10:04:39 am
      Know nothing about Werner at all, never seen him only heard of him because of this forum.

So what are his strengths then and what type of player is he, who does he remind you off and where do you see him fitting in.

No point me youtubing him as that will show me F**k all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41386: Jan 21, 2020 10:41:59 am
      Know nothing about Werner at all, never seen him only heard of him because of this forum.

So what are his strengths then and what type of player is he, who does he remind you off and where do you see him fitting in.

No point me youtubing him as that will show me f**k all.

Why would youtube show you F**k all? Whenever we are linked to someone I always like to check out youtube, yes its sugar-coats everything but you still see if they are strong, quick, good football intelligence etc etc.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41387: Jan 21, 2020 11:21:28 am
      Why would youtube show you f**k all? Whenever we are linked to someone I always like to check out youtube, yes its sugar-coats everything but you still see if they are strong, quick, good football intelligence etc etc.

Its a snap shot of their good bits, it doesn't show the character of the player, his work rate, who in the present or past he reminds you of...I'm looking for an opinion from people who have seen him play.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #41388: Jan 21, 2020 12:55:13 pm
      Grealish scored a cracker yesterday but if you ever listen to his interviews I think he lacks the desire  needed to be really top class.
      He has made it as far as he is concerned and why not he is living the dream

Sounds about right. Spurs were interested in him when Villa were in championship and he never showed interest in moving up a notch or two. Some players just like being big fish in a small pond. Zaha is the same, bags of talent but not enough drive to take that next steps.

If this is true (and we're speculating on Grealish here), then we really don't need him. Klopp wants hungry players who want to improve constantly even after winning CL.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41389: Jan 21, 2020 06:22:51 pm
      Our team is so settled I’d hate the mess with any incomings, Werner would be the exception though, literally think he’s built for our team, maybe move Bobby into a number 10 role... but then you’re taking someone like Gini out the mix... so it’s a tough one...

Alisson
      Trent —— Gomez —— Dijk —— Robbo
                      Fabinho —— Hendo
                  Salah —— Bobby —— Mane
                                    Werner 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41390: Jan 21, 2020 06:53:11 pm

No point me youtubing him as that will show me F**k all.

Was quoted earlier this month as wanting to learn the false nine role similar to the way Bobby plays.

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #41391: Jan 21, 2020 07:16:05 pm
      Can anyone put mpappes interview about us up on here ? Sounds like hes gonna join in the summer . We would be unstoppable
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #41392: Jan 21, 2020 07:39:12 pm
      Can anyone put mpappes interview about us up on here ? Sounds like hes gonna join in the summer . We would be unstoppable
      If he joins anyone it will be Real Madrid imo. Not holding out hope that he will come tbh, just doesn’t make sense for us. Imagine bringing a player in that will want £300-400k, it would completely upset the apple cart.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41393: Jan 21, 2020 07:49:23 pm

Kylian Mbappe: PSG striker says Liverpool a 'machine' as they head to Premier League title

Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe has described Liverpool as "a machine" as they aim to clinch their first league title since 1990, and has told BBC Sport he is "100%" happy in the French capital as he continues to be linked with Real Madrid.

Liverpool have also been linked with Mbappe - regarded by many as the best young player in the world - despite manager Jürgen Klopp saying the striker is out of his club's price range.

And while the 21-year-old World Cup winner, who joined PSG in 2017 in a transfer worth £165.7m, reaffirmed his commitment to his current club at the launch of his charity, 'Inspired by Kylian Mbappe (IBKM)', he says he watches Liverpool's title charge with admiration.

"What Liverpool do in this moment is amazing," Mbappe said. "They're like a machine, they've found a rhythm and are like 'we play again, we play again'.

"They've lost zero games. When you watch you think everything's easy but that's not easy. The guys are focused, they play games every three days and they win, they win, they win.

"Now the problem is that everybody watches Liverpool, and everybody watches what we can do against them, so now they have to show they are strong again but it's a very good team with a very good manager."

Mbappe grabbed the attention of Premier League clubs by scoring twice as Monaco knocked Manchester City out of the Champions League in 2016-17.

That summer he joined PSG, initially on a season-long loan, before being named best young player as he helped France win the 2018 World Cup.

This season he is aiming to help PSG win a third straight French title but has repeatedly been linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

"Everyone talks about it - when I was young I talked about it too," said Mbappe. "But now I'm a player and I know it's not the moment.

"We are in January - it's the money time of the season. Imagine I answer your question and say something. Everybody will talk about it and it's not good for PSG.

"Now I'm with PSG and I'm 100% with the club. I want to help the club grow this season, to win a lot of titles, so for me it's not good to talk about [my future].

"I think about the club because the club helped me. I came here at 18. I was a talent but I was not a superstar. Now I'm a superstar, thanks to PSG and the French national team.

"I have to stay calm and stay focused on PSG. After that, at the end of the season, we will see. But now I'm focused on my game."

As well as winning Ligue 1 this year, Mbappe hopes to help PSG win the Champions League for the first time, and win Euro 2020 and the Olympic Games with France.

Asked what was on his wish-list for 2020, he said: "It would be a treble of Champions League, European Championship and Olympic Games. That wouldn't be bad.

"That seems unattainable for the time being but I'm going to make sure I fulfil this dream. It would be a proud moment to be able to win the first European [Cup] for PSG and for our country to keep winning."

Mbappe's charity was set up to help 98 children - a nod to his birth year - between the ages of nine and 16 from various social backgrounds to accomplish "their dreams".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51184842
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41394: Jan 22, 2020 03:02:11 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41395: Jan 22, 2020 04:17:21 am
      The Athletic reports that Liverpool have rejected loan bids for Shaqiri from both Roma and Seville. Klopp wants him to stay around for the rest of the season, but apparently we are open to selling him for 25 million (sterling) in the summer.

His latest injury is probably going to keep him out of the squad for the FA Cup match this weekend, where he would have been a starter if healthy.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #41396: Jan 22, 2020 05:56:47 am
      I would love another good striker in the team, reason being that as good as the front 3 is, they have their off games too. However, as much as I think Klopp is an awesome manager, I think he is very unfair with the strikers. Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge when he was here, were unfairly treated for me. They scored, played well but did not start while one of the front 3 was clearly ouf of form.

I think one of Klopp's mistake last year was persisting on playing Salah for more than a month while it was clear he was not at his best. In fact, it coincided with the moment we drew several games and lost our postiion as leaders.

So, I would like Werner or another good striker but I'm not convinced Klopp wants someone.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41397: Jan 22, 2020 06:57:38 am
      So, I would like Werner or another good striker but I'm not convinced Klopp wants someone.

Loads floating around today that we will activate his release clause (€50/60 million) on the Summer and that we're his preferred destination.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41398: Jan 22, 2020 08:08:58 am
      Mane/Werner - Bobby/Origi - Salah/Minamino

Losing Shaq would prompt another attacking purchase, for sure. If we do end up signing Werner, we'll have 6 brilliant options for our attack. Smart business as well, cos it'll basically be Shaq + €30m.

Can probably see Bobby playing #10 more frequently if that happens and hugely solves the so-called problem of lack of a proper attacking mid who can play in the hole, cos for some reason we are still a "workaholic midfield without much flair" .. blah.. blah!

Starting next season, we'll have the ability to field a strong 11 irrespective of the competition and the opponent. Fighting for everything available and most importantly, Sustenance, is the next 'progressive' step in our incredible journey under Jürgen!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41399: Jan 22, 2020 10:55:47 am
      Mane/Werner - Bobby/Origi - Salah/Minamino

Losing Shaq would prompt another attacking purchase, for sure. If we do end up signing Werner, we'll have 6 brilliant options for our attack. Smart business as well, cos it'll basically be Shaq + €30m.

Can probably see Bobby playing #10 more frequently if that happens and hugely solves the so-called problem of lack of a proper attacking mid who can play in the hole, cos for some reason we are still a "workaholic midfield without much flair" .. blah.. blah!

Starting next season, we'll have the ability to field a strong 11 irrespective of the competition and the opponent. Fighting for everything available and most importantly, Sustenance, is the next 'progressive' step in our incredible journey under Jürgen!

I like that a lot but I think Werner would play in similar position to Bobby and then Minamino would be interchangeable with both Mane and Salah with Origi and possibly Elliott as an extra option. With that lineup we are fully covered in all areas.

Quick Reply