Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179007 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41400: Jan 23, 2020 06:41:32 am
      Maybe we will go for the 4-3-3 with Firmino in a more advanced midfield role , something like Fabinho-Gini/Hendo-Firmino-Salah-Mane-Werner
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #41401: Jan 24, 2020 01:22:32 am
      We should go for Traore.

1) we wont have to face him
      2) klopp could improve him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41402: Jan 24, 2020 09:35:50 am
      We should go for Traore.

1) we wont have to face him
      2) klopp could improve him

I agree, just pay whatever the F**k Wolves want, that lad is built like a brick privy, is bloody fast and has a superb cross and shot on him, he's like the ultimate forward and he'll only get better.
      I honestly would not be upset if we lost Salah to accommodate him and/or another forward in the summer.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41403: Jan 24, 2020 12:44:32 pm
      I agree, just pay whatever the f**k Wolves want, that lad is built like a brick privy, is bloody fast and has a superb cross and shot on him, he's like the ultimate forward and he'll only get better.
      I honestly would not be upset if we lost Salah to accommodate him and/or another forward in the summer.

That's a bit of a stretch. He was great last night and has been in a few games this season but there's no way I'd swap him for Salah

Was great going forward but if you watch him he's always trotting around the last man and I can't see him doing the tracking back & defensive work that Salah does, especially with that physique on him. That's a lot of weight to carry around when you're expected to press and track back for a full 90 minutes.

Think he'd be a decent addition as somebody to come off the bench and impact the game when we need a goal but I wouldn't swap him for Salah in the system we play
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41404: Jan 24, 2020 12:47:08 pm
      That's a bit of a stretch. He was great last night and has been in a few games this season but there's no way I'd swap him for Salah

Was great going forward but if you watch him he's always trotting around the last man and I can't see him doing the tracking back & defensive work that Salah does, especially with that physique on him. That's a lot of weight to carry around when you're expected to press and track back for a full 90 minutes.

Think he'd be a decent addition as somebody to come off the bench and impact the game when we need a goal but I wouldn't swap him for Salah in the system we play

Good point, he'd make a brilliant impact sub, imagine him coming on for the last 20 minutes against a tiring defence, WOW!!!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #41405: Jan 24, 2020 12:51:10 pm
      Good point, he'd make a brilliant impact sub, imagine him coming on for the last 20 minutes against a tiring defence, WOW!!!

Definitely, you'd be shitting your kecks if you were a left back and saw him warming up with half an hour to go ha
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41406: Jan 24, 2020 01:08:21 pm
      Traore has power and pace, his end product used to be poor, but it's improved a lot. Imagine what JĂźrgen, who can really bring guys on, could do with him. He can see a pass now - but is stuck out a bit wide for Wolves, if came into a front three and was encouraged to bring the ball in more centrally and get more shots away [could see against City when he was put more central and scored two at the Emptihad ] he could be even more effective.

Who knows though - we're linked with soo many players.

Wonder what he'd cost, 35M ?  Might get him for a bit cheaper than some of the bigger names. Jurgens deffo made it clear he rates him.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #41407: Jan 24, 2020 02:14:54 pm
      Traore has power and pace, his end product used to be poor, but it's improved a lot. Imagine what JĂźrgen, who can really bring guys on, could do with him. He can see a pass now - but is stuck out a bit wide for Wolves, if came into a front three and was encouraged to bring the ball in more centrally and get more shots away [could see against City when he was put more central and scored two at the Emptihad ] he could be even more effective.

Who knows though - we're linked with soo many players.

Wonder what he'd cost, 35M ?  Might get him for a bit cheaper than some of the bigger names. Jurgens deffo made it clear he rates him.

If he's still got a few years on his contract & he keeps his form up until the end of the season I reckon you're looking at ÂŁ50M minimum. Still only 23
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41408: Jan 24, 2020 02:24:32 pm
      I agree, just pay whatever the f**k Wolves want, that lad is built like a brick privy, is bloody fast and has a superb cross and shot on him, he's like the ultimate forward and he'll only get better.

You are proper 🛎 end - you do know that Mo is golden boot winner two years running and key to us
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41409: Jan 24, 2020 02:55:15 pm
      If he's still got a few years on his contract & he keeps his form up until the end of the season I reckon you're looking at ÂŁ50M minimum. Still only 23

Yea, maybe. If he got unsettled by interest and started agitating for a move, might help Wolves part with him, and maybe for bit less. Depends on interest from other clubs too.

50M might be a bit steep for someone at Wolves who still has a lot to prove, and who would also probably be lower in the pecking order than Mo/Bob/Mane. 
      Though could probably say same for Werner or anyone else who could play in the front three, whatever we pay for them. are they really going to displace any of the 3 already up there.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #41410: Jan 24, 2020 04:25:31 pm
      He could be so much more than an 'impact sub' don't be Tim Sherwood.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41411: Jan 24, 2020 04:38:01 pm
      You are proper 🛎 end - you do know that Mo is golden boot winner two years running and key to us

Yes differing opinions are not allowed in your world are they. For the record I think Salah is a good striker, not great, but his selfishness is a real issue. I honestly think both Bobby and Sadio are more important to us and if we could get a Werner, Mbappe even Traore to replace Mo then I'd go for it, it would have to be a very high calibre forward though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41412: Jan 24, 2020 04:47:46 pm
      Yes differing opinions are not allowed in your world are they. For the record I think Salah is a good striker, not great, but his selfishness is a real issue. I honestly think both Bobby and Sadio are more important to us and if we could get a Werner, Mbappe even Traore to replace Mo then I'd go for it, it would have to be a very high calibre forward though.

Salah doesn’t have a “selfishness” issue - unless you listen to the gutter media , his assists are up there with the best in the league as well - you are typical of the internet fan , Mo is one of the most important players in the squad and it’s shame even his own supposed fans don’t see it.

What’s Werner or Traore done to even come close to suggesting they can replace Mo  :mad: - Mbappe is still very raw as well

Go and look at the last couple of Balon D’Or lists

Christ alive - look at how well we doing for the last two years and you want to replace one of the main reasons why we won the CL and are about to win the league - embarrassing

Quite clearly you are either a troll who will always look for the opinion that will cause the biggest issue or you’re a 🛎 end who doesn’t have a club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41413: Jan 24, 2020 06:07:14 pm
      Yea, maybe. If he got unsettled by interest and started agitating for a move, might help Wolves part with him, and maybe for bit less. Depends on interest from other clubs too.

50M might be a bit steep for someone at Wolves who still has a lot to prove, and who would also probably be lower in the pecking order than Mo/Bob/Mane. 
      Though could probably say same for Werner or anyone else who could play in the front three, whatever we pay for them. are they really going to displace any of the 3 already up there.

Come the African Nations someone is going to have to.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41414: Jan 24, 2020 06:12:47 pm

Salah doesn’t have a “selfishness” issue - unless you listen to the gutter media , his assists are up there with the best in the league as well - you are typical of the internet fan , Mo is one of the most important players in the squad and it’s shame even his own supposed fans don’t see it.

Isn't that why Mane was fu**ed off with him at Burnley?

What’s Werner or Traore done to even come close to suggesting they can replace Mo  :mad: - Mbappe is still very raw as well

Some said the same about Salah before he arrived at the club, including Klopp, he had to be persuaded by Edwards to actually take Mo!!

And saying it's just gutter media saying he his a bit selfish is again wrong, know loads of match-going reds who have said the same around me on the kop during a game.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41415: Jan 24, 2020 06:18:32 pm

Not even on his best day is Traore close to being good enough to replace Salah.

Traore is a handful as he proved last night but I think he's still a little too one dimensional for the top clubs.

Salah is one of the best forwards to play in this League.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41416: Jan 24, 2020 06:39:13 pm
      Isn't that why Mane was fu**ed off with him at Burnley?

Which was dismissed by the manager as nothing in the end - only people going on about it still are Talksport sh*te

Some said the same about Salah before he arrived at the club, including Klopp, he had to be persuaded by Edwards to actually take Mo!!

What level were we at when we got Mo ? And just because Mo became World Class doesn’t mean others will do

Klopp buys the player that suits the system

And saying it's just gutter media saying he his a bit selfish is again wrong, know loads of match-going reds who have said the same around me on the kop during a game.

Ah - Mo is selfish at times - doesn’t mean he has “issues” - he makes his own judgement when on the pitch in the moment - I have seen Mane , Bobby and Mo all in situations when they should have passed - it happens with strikers who scores lots of goals

The media do a good enough job of trying to make it a big issue - shame some add fuel to it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41417: Jan 24, 2020 09:12:03 pm
      Typically the way the "selfish" issue comes out is Mo takes a shot, it doesn't go in, and we notice that he could have passed to someone else instead of shooting. If the shot goes in, nobody bothers with it. Same is true for our other forwards much of the time.

There are times, the example with Sadio at Burnley being one of the most stark, where he would have done better to pass, but it's a split second decision most of the time and as withi every striker, even the best ones, in the history of football, not every chance comes off.

Look at the threat he is with his running when we have the ball deep in our own. Look at the attention he draws from defenders, creating space and/or freedom for other attackers. Look at his relentlessness in the press, similar to Sadio and Bobby.

You can find individual decisions to to pick at, fair enough, but he remains a hugely valuable player for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41418: Jan 24, 2020 09:44:31 pm

Go and look at the last couple of Balon D’Or lists

Christ alive - look at how well we doing for the last two years and you want to replace one of the main reasons why we won the CL and are about to win the league - embarrassing

Quite clearly you are either a troll who will always look for the opinion that will cause the biggest issue or you’re a 🛎 end who doesn’t have a club

I see with my own eyes and I see a forward who almost always takes a shot instead of passing, he is selfish and he is not the best forward in our team let alone the world.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #41419: Jan 24, 2020 11:00:07 pm
      Does anyone else remember when there were rumors of a young traore coming to liverpool when rafa was around? Just me?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41420: Jan 25, 2020 12:26:18 am
      I would be amazed absolutely amazed if given the opportunity JĂźrgen Klopp signed Mbappe.  First of all it would have to be a world record fee then the wage structure would have to be smashed.  He has the potential to be better than Salah score more goals and for longer but in my opinion he is the sort of player that can has potential to ruin this great squad.  I've watched a few time so may not fit to discuss too much but he seems to me from that circle of french players that are not worth touching with barge pole.   We have the best team in the world I wouldn't risk it for those sort of players that are already made in their heads. 

Salah is a fantastic player he is a goal scorer and it is normal for them to get greedy from time to time, Mane does it too a little less.  Firmino is an exception but even he does it from time to time.   Salah does do more than the other two but he works very hard.  Posters are having a go at him.  Firmino scored a sensational goal, Henderson got a fantastic assist but that does not happen if he doesn't do his business, he had 4 players on him all of them sh*t scared of Salah to leave that corridor for Henderson. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41421: Jan 25, 2020 12:34:36 am
      Sell Salah and buy Traore and Werner that is funny to even think that a club run as well as ours is at the moment would even give that a thought.  That is in the sell Mascherano for poulsen category!   
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #41422: Jan 25, 2020 02:16:37 am
      While I’m sure that Klopp could extract every ounce of skill from Traore, there’s no way we will pay what Wolves will demand for him.

Quick Reply