Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178921 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41423: Jan 25, 2020 12:54:45 pm
      Nah leave Traore at Wolves, seems to do a good job of beating our rival teams there. He’s like an undercover Red.

But on a serious note, I still wouldn’t sign him. No doubt he’s a talented player but he also needs a number of games to get consistency and I don’t think he’d reach the level needed to make it with us because he’d be very much in and out of the starting 11, wouldn’t be able to build the consistency he needs. With Wolves he can go 5 or 6 games playing off par and not doing much and it doesn’t matter, he will stay in the team. With us, no way would he be afforded that luxury.

Good player but not quite right for us IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41424: Jan 25, 2020 01:38:06 pm
      While I’m sure that Klopp could extract every ounce of skill from Traore, there’s no way we will pay what Wolves will demand for him.

F***ing hell Troare's shooting would have to be a bit better, the chance he had when one on one with VVD was F***ing atrocious.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41425: Jan 25, 2020 01:40:16 pm
      Mbappe2020 that is all.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #41426: Jan 25, 2020 09:46:10 pm
      If we are looking for a future young striker (apart from Mbappe), we can do worse than Myron Boadu

18 goals and 12 assists in 31 games, and is only 19 and playing in top league in the Netherlands.

Scores on his debut for the Netherlands senior national team too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FTalentScout/status/1221157113193467905
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #41427: Jan 28, 2020 07:44:23 am

More talk this morn 🤘
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #41428: Jan 28, 2020 08:14:50 am
      If we are looking for a future young striker (apart from Mbappe), we can do worse than Myron Boadu

18 goals and 12 assists in 31 games, and is only 19 and playing in top league in the Netherlands.

Scores on his debut for the Netherlands senior national team too

You’d assume he’s on Ljinders’ and VVD’s radar.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #41429: Jan 28, 2020 08:41:23 am
      I think it's fair to say that despite such a stellar season our front 3 haven't quite clicked in the same way this season, and we haven't seen quite the same level of flowing football from them as the last 2 seasons. At times we've been fortunate that at least one of them has been in form, first Mane, now Bobby and Mo doesn't seem to have hit top form all season but still popped up with important goals when it mattered. Don't think it's too much of a stretch to say we could maybe do with a refresh in those positions over the summer. I'm interested if you were going to cash in on one of our front 3, who would it be, how much do you think we'd get and who would you look to replace them with?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41430: Jan 28, 2020 08:46:05 am
      I think it's fair to say that despite such a stellar season our front 3 haven't quite clicked in the same way this season, and we haven't seen quite the same level of flowing football from them as the last 2 seasons. At times we've been fortunate that at least one of them has been in form, first Mane, now Bobby and Mo doesn't seem to have hit top form all season but still popped up with important goals when it mattered. Don't think it's too much of a stretch to say we could maybe do with a refresh in those positions over the summer. I'm interested if you were going to cash in on one of our front 3, who would it be, how much do you think we'd get and who would you look to replace them with?

Sell Salah, buy Werner and/or Mbappe
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41431: Jan 28, 2020 09:21:30 am
      Sell Salah, buy Werner and/or Mbappe

Werner on the right ? Not sure about that
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41432: Jan 28, 2020 09:30:55 am
      Salah going nowhere on our watch. If he left it would be because he wants too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41433: Jan 28, 2020 09:41:20 am
      Salah going nowhere on our watch. If he left it would be because he wants too.

Oh I agree, I'd rather keep Mo, but the question was who of the front three would you let go if you had to.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #41434: Jan 28, 2020 10:07:43 am
      If we were to sell mo what do you think his market value is? If you going to sell one of your top assets you have to look at like for like or better, wouldn't want to see us looking to replace with potential. Very difficult with a player of his quality, but it still does feel something needs refreshing. I'm thinking maybe Salah + 80m for mbappe?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41435: Jan 28, 2020 10:25:24 am
      If we were to sell mo what do you think his market value is? If you going to sell one of your top assets you have to look at like for like or better, wouldn't want to see us looking to replace with potential. Very difficult with a player of his quality, but it still does feel something needs refreshing. I'm thinking maybe Salah + 80m for mbappe?

Salah must be about £140m in today's market so I reckon Salah + £40m for Mbappe
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #41436: Jan 28, 2020 11:38:08 am
      What’s the talk?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #41437: Jan 28, 2020 11:57:32 am

I know we're on here to debate and chat and that can be hypothetical, but I just don't get how anyone, even being ultra critical, can say any part of our team hasn't 'clicked'. We've not lost in the league, and sit second in goals scored. Our defensive record gives us the best GD by one.

Putting aside the fact we've scored more than enough this season (and for once we're sharing the goals around more - something I distinctly remember reading on here during the last 2 years), our entire 11 defends as a team and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are but who work as hard defensively.

If one of them wanted to go, sure cash in and replace him. Otherwise I don't see a single reason to change any of them.

I'll have Mbappe though, he'd be some decent competition for places...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41438: Jan 28, 2020 12:07:17 pm
      I know we're on here to debate and chat and that can be hypothetical, but I just don't get how anyone, even being ultra critical, can say any part of our team hasn't 'clicked'. We've not lost in the league, and sit second in goals scored. Our defensive record gives us the best GD by one.

Putting aside the fact we've scored more than enough this season (and for once we're sharing the goals around more - something I distinctly remember reading on here during the last 2 years), our entire 11 defends as a team and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are but who work as hard defensively.

If one of them wanted to go, sure cash in and replace him. Otherwise I don't see a single reason to change any of them.

Its statement like this "and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are" which irritate me a bit. Clearly the Man City front three is more potent as they have scored more goals than us, what has been saving us for a lot of games this season is our rock solid defence and amazing team ethic and will to win.
      To say our front three can't do better is a bit silly when most neutral observers point to the fact that we don't seem as potent this year as in other seasons, now does that really matter, well obviously not so far, but is there room for improvement yes absolutely.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #41439: Jan 28, 2020 01:48:17 pm

I totally agree we have one of the best front 3's in the world and they deserve so much credit for hopefully firing us to a first league title in 30 years. Would I be happy if we went into next year unchanged yes. The thing that makes me think we need a refresh is not that each isn't individually brilliant but they way the front 3 play together doesn't appear to be at quite the same level as the last couple of years. I'm not saying refresh for the sake of it but if we think we can get the right player in
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41440: Jan 28, 2020 01:51:37 pm
      I totally agree we have one of the best front 3's in the world and they deserve so much credit for hopefully firing us to a first league title in 30 years. Would I be happy if we went into next year unchanged yes. The thing that makes me think we need a refresh is not that each isn't individually brilliant but they way the front 3 play together doesn't appear to be at quite the same level as the last couple of years. I'm not saying refresh for the sake of it but if we think we can get the right player in

I'm pretty sure it's because teams have changed how they play us, and nothing to do with players "levels".
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41441: Jan 28, 2020 02:34:16 pm
      I'm pretty sure it's because teams have changed how they play us, and nothing to do with players "levels".

So they either need to evolve or we need to freshen it up.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #41442: Jan 28, 2020 02:48:20 pm
      Its statement like this "and there's literally no other front 3 out there currently who are as dangerous as we are" which irritate me a bit. Clearly the Man City front three is more potent as they have scored more goals than us, what has been saving us for a lot of games this season is our rock solid defence and amazing team ethic and will to win.
      To say our front three can't do better is a bit silly when most neutral observers point to the fact that we don't seem as potent this year as in other seasons, now does that really matter, well obviously not so far, but is there room for improvement yes absolutely.

Don't leave off the last part of that sentence heimy, it's pretty important to what I was saying.

I didn't say as a collective our front three is the best, most dangerous, highest scoring or whatever, I said that they're the most dangerous attacking unit who also work the hardest defensively. If you want a balance between a really high quality attacking line and one who are 99.9% in tune with the rest of the team in the defensive shape/transition as well, then you only have to look at ours. I don't think there is another forward line able to attack so brilliantly AND defend as well as ours do - which, when you consider how we play, has a big impact on how many goals we concede, right?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41443: Jan 28, 2020 02:56:28 pm
      Don't leave off the last part of that sentence heimy, it's pretty important to what I was saying.

I didn't say as a collective our front three is the best, most dangerous, highest scoring or whatever, I said that they're the most dangerous attacking unit who also work the hardest defensively. If you want a balance between a really high quality attacking line and one who are 99.9% in tune with the rest of the team in the defensive shape/transition as well, then you only have to look at ours. I don't think there is another forward line able to attack so brilliantly AND defend as well as ours do - which, when you consider how we play, has a big impact on how many goals we concede, right?

OK fair enough but I'm still not sure I agree. Sterling in particular is very tenacious and good at winning the ball back and I'm fairly sure Aguero and Jesus are as well. How they match up defensively to our front three is a good question and open to debate but its certainly my impression that they track back and pressurise about the same as our guys do.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #41444: Jan 28, 2020 04:58:12 pm

Salah has clearly been poorer this season. In his first season he was exceptional. In the second one, he has been world class but has dropped a bit. This season he is not even close to the level of the top strikers we have in the PL. Sterling, Vardy, Mane, Aguero, Aubameyang have been much much better than him.

I think we need a new striker to give him proper competition and to be able to rest any of the three when needed.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41445: Jan 28, 2020 05:18:56 pm
      Salah has clearly been poorer this season. In his first season he was exceptional. In the second one, he has been world class but has dropped a bit. This season he is not even close to the level of the top strikers we have in the PL. Sterling, Vardy, Mane, Aguero, Aubameyang have been much much better than him.

I think we need a new striker to give him proper competition and to be able to rest any of the three when needed.

Hard to argue with this, Salah is certainly not the same striker, in terms of finishing, as he was the first or even second season.

Quick Reply