Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179010 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41469: Jan 30, 2020 08:41:08 pm

Good debate and conversation as usual, sigh!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41470: Jan 30, 2020 08:41:12 pm
      For all the hype about Sterling. He has about 1 goal in near on 10 games and is far from first choice now. His performances have massively dropped to way below the level our lads have been at. Mahrez has virtually taken his place.

Not to mention he doesn't do half the actual work that Sadio does in terms of tracking, defending and recovering; for my bit Mane is the best all around of the three.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41471: Jan 30, 2020 08:48:30 pm
      I think Sadio Mané is the absolute best and he's my favourite player in the world but that's a odd thing to say of Sterling, it's January and he's scored 20 goals already, his 3rd season in a row scoring 20 or more. Yeah a bit of a dry patch, happens to the best. He's a fantastic player. We're 19 points at the top, leave the bitterness to the blues.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41472: Jan 30, 2020 08:54:42 pm
      Good debate and conversation as usual, sigh!

What’s the point of adding anything else when you are always the complete opposite of the general feeling - you clearly want to be contraversial in regards your opinion it’s clearly just trolling or being clueless

You must be the only Liverpool fan who would take Sterling over Mane or Salah but then you need to keep up your opinion about Salah despite him showing how wrong you are about him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41473: Jan 30, 2020 09:02:09 pm

I think Sadio Mané is the absolute best and he's my favourite player in the world but that's a odd thing to say of Sterling, it's January and he's scored 20 goals already, his 3rd season in a row scoring 20 or more. Yeah a bit of a dry patch, happens to the best. He's a fantastic player. We're 19 points at the top, leave the bitterness to the blues.

There is no bitterness about it. In the league this season he has 11 goals so far and 3 of them came in the opening game of the season, he has managed just 2 assists so far too compared to near on 20 in the league for each of the last 3 seasons. Yes he has 20 goals in all comps but the majority of them came quite early on in the season. Looking at the comments from City fans on him, they are half expecting him to fall behind Sane as well as Mahrez in the pecking order.

His form has massively dipped over the last 2-3 months. It’s not bitterness saying it, it’s just how it is. If it wasn’t like that then Pep would be playing him much more than he has been lately.
      I have said plenty of times last season and the season before when he was hitting 20+ goals and 20+ assists how it would have been good if we got to get that from him.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41474: Jan 30, 2020 09:04:45 pm
      I'd take Sterling and Aguero in a heartbeat, as good as Mane and Salah are I think those 2 are better in every respect, but then it's a bit hard to judge as City play a more direct style to us.

Ha, I don't think Pep would even agree with you on this one.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41475: Jan 31, 2020 11:24:07 am
      TDD and nobody could give a F**k.

Fantastic position to be in while the rest scramble about for loans and short term solutions.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 11:49:25 am by fields of anny rd »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #41476: Jan 31, 2020 11:45:50 am

There is no bitterness about it. In the league this season he has 11 goals so far and 3 of them came in the opening game of the season, he has managed just 2 assists so far too compared to near on 20 in the league for each of the last 3 seasons. Yes he has 20 goals in all comps but the majority of them came quite early on in the season. Looking at the comments from City fans on him, they are half expecting him to fall behind Sane as well as Mahrez in the pecking order.

His form has massively dipped over the last 2-3 months. It’s not bitterness saying it, it’s just how it is. If it wasn’t like that then Pep would be playing him much more than he has been lately.
      I have said plenty of times last season and the season before when he was hitting 20+ goals and 20+ assists how it would have been good if we got to get that from him.

It's got to the stage where teams now try to mark Stirling out of the game, in itself a good thing because the opportunity for free kicks and penalties in that scenario can only be an advantage.

Much like the Suarez days until his vampire lapses.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41477: Jan 31, 2020 03:16:02 pm
      Oh don't misunderstand, I don't like Sterling or Aguero but I think they are a little bit better, not much in it though and Salah, Bobby and Mane are fantastic.

They arent better at all. Aguero is going to end up in the Argentina league in about 2 years time, and Raheem shoots like a F***ing girl in anything about 8 yards out. His goals are mainly on a plate from De Bruyne and he still misses them too. Sterling feeds off of the players City have, I dont think he could drag them to results like Mane does with us. That's always been my opinion of Raheem, he was very young with us, but it was Suarez and Sturridge who he fed off the back of here.

Messing about you, admit it!
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 03:26:29 pm by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41478: Jan 31, 2020 10:03:14 pm
      just flicked on to SKY Sport what a joke this has become now its like having a Party but nobody brings the booze. UTD loaning an ex Watford player from China now that will really appease the faithful.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #41479: Feb 02, 2020 11:06:28 am
      How many of our wins have been last minute and how many narrow 1 goal wins, the point is that there is room for improvement and all teams should always look to improve.

So let me get this right, City have the better strikers than us, they play more direct football than us  and they put teams to bed earlier than us...................... yet we are top by some margin and they are second, hmmmm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41480: Feb 02, 2020 02:26:42 pm

So let me get this right, City have the better strikers than us, they play more direct football than us  and they put teams to bed earlier than us...................... yet we are top by some margin and they are second, hmmmm

22 more points and they need to score 7 and concede none to match our Goal difference mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41481: Feb 03, 2020 01:13:58 am
      22 more points and they need to score 7 and concede none to match our Goal difference mate.

If that makes us 2nd best I guess we want to be 2nd best then

(and champions of England, Europe, The World).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41482: Feb 03, 2020 07:49:03 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41483: Feb 03, 2020 09:25:29 am

sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, F**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

I maintain that City are a better attacking unit than us but overall we are clearly the superior team, as the league table shows.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41484: Feb 03, 2020 09:44:33 am
      sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, F**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

I maintain that City are a better attacking unit than us but overall we are clearly the superior team, as the league table shows.

Because ultimately pal it's bollocks. Take a pop over to the blue moon where they are slagging off Sterling for the worst run of form of his City career and worrying about replacing Aguero long term.

All of a sudden City are now looking like a squad in need of a bit of an overhaul, with FPP investigations and questions on the legality of their sponsorship deals still ongoing.

Man city have an expected goals number that is 20 higher than what they actually have managed to score. They have been very wasteful this season, whereas ours is 6 goals above expected for the chances created.

City have a more creative midfield but that comes at a cost for them in that unless they commit tactical fouls when they lose it, theres little protection for their defence.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2020 09:56:52 am by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41485: Feb 03, 2020 10:14:01 am
      sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, f**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

didn't they score 6 in one game and yet they have only scored 5 more than us hardly better attacking unit and haven't scored in th elast two games but keep digging the hole must be quite deep by now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41486: Feb 03, 2020 10:57:33 am
      Because ultimately pal it's bollocks. Take a pop over to the blue moon where they are slagging off Sterling for the worst run of form of his City career and worrying about replacing Aguero long term.

All of a sudden City are now looking like a squad in need of a bit of an overhaul, with FPP investigations and questions on the legality of their sponsorship deals still ongoing.

Man city have an expected goals number that is 20 higher than what they actually have managed to score. They have been very wasteful this season, whereas ours is 6 goals above expected for the chances created.

City have a more creative midfield but that comes at a cost for them in that unless they commit tactical fouls when they lose it, theres little protection for their defence.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Man City in full flow attacking mode is sensational to watch, we are very very good ourselves but they are a different dimension when it all clicks.
      However that attacking flair comes at a cost because if teams are brave and counter attack them then they are vulnerable, I think this is what we are seeing this season. We on the other hand are just solid throughout the team, we have an excellent attack, very good midfield and superb defensive unit which makes us one of the best teams I have ever seen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41487: Feb 03, 2020 11:00:04 am
      didn't they score 6 in one game and yet they have only scored 5 more than us hardly better attacking unit and haven't scored in th elast two games but keep digging the hole must be quite deep by now

oh for God's sake are you on a wind up or just a bit dim? I'm sure you are aware that Goal difference is calculated as goals scored minus goals conceded? They have scored more than us but have also let in more than us, hence why the goal difference is in our favour because our DEFENCE is better.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41488: Feb 03, 2020 11:12:51 am
      sighhh, yes BECAUSE we have a much better DEFENCE than City, f**k me why is this so hard for some to understand.

Depends what you class as a good attacking unit. They create a lot of chances but miss so many, they're one of the most wasteful teams I have seen in front of goal.

We're a much more clinical side than they are and would say we're a better attacking unit. No point creating chances if you're not going to score them
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41489: Feb 03, 2020 11:21:12 am
      We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Man City in full flow attacking mode is sensational to watch, we are very very good ourselves but they are a different dimension when it all clicks.
      However that attacking flair comes at a cost because if teams are brave and counter attack them then they are vulnerable, I think this is what we are seeing this season. We on the other hand are just solid throughout the team, we have an excellent attack, very good midfield and superb defensive unit which makes us one of the best teams I have ever seen.

Correct, and if you take Firmino out for Aguero then the whole thing changes and straight away we become less solid. Klopp has created a winning machine, with each cog working with each other immaculately.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41490: Feb 03, 2020 01:32:11 pm
      Reddy wrote an article about our summer transfer business. Essentially, probably won't be much unless something weird happens and one of our front three decide to leave. They want to tie Allison and Virgil to new long term deals, they rate Havertz about half of what the rest of the world seems to think he's worth so they won't even entertain him unless they could get him for the right price.

Mbappe, no.

Sancho...probably also a no.

They are only looking to strengthen where needed and only with transfers if our own youngsters can't fill the gaps.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41491: Feb 03, 2020 03:48:06 pm
      Truth is with the signing of Minamino theres not a lot of gaps left to fill.

If we wanted to sell Lovren then we may need another CB, which just makes me feel like we should just keep him if he wants to stay. Not great, but 4th choice CBs rarely are.

Quick Reply