Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178779 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41492: Feb 03, 2020 03:59:48 pm
      Would like to see a LB/CB addition made.
      Someone in the mould of Gomez that's young and could cover at both positions.

Other than that:
      If the money is there, go for Sancho.
      Otherwise replace whoever decides to move on whether it's Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana, Lovren.
      The route to arriving at this squad has been built on constantly addressing the weakest links.
      There aren't many of those areas left. LB cover and then everything else is probably outgoing dependant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #41493: Feb 03, 2020 04:40:14 pm

The route to arriving at this squad has been built on constantly addressing the weakest links.

Just picking this part out but that's exactly what she alluded to in her article. They aren't going to throw away their standard of transfers just because they can. They've built this team a certain way and will likely continue to do so. The Coutinho transfer was a bit of a surprise so they hadn't really prepared for that, but that won't happen again. They will spend big if they see the player as a day one starter that's addresses an immediate need and is a generational talent (Virgil, Allison) but in general, they aren't going to splash out huge sums for players that might not make the starting 11 (Werner, Havertz, etc....). Klopp has built this team to be able to be sustained and they want to evaluate our own youth prospects (similar to Trent) first and foremost before going out and buying someone just for backup. It's great to be where we are, but it will make the transfer window a bit boring (but maybe that's a good thing...look at how poorly our rivals have spent the last few years).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41494: Feb 03, 2020 06:34:10 pm
      oh for God's sake are you on a wind up or just a bit dim? I'm sure you are aware that Goal difference is calculated as goals scored minus goals conceded? They have scored more than us but have also let in more than us, hence why the goal difference is in our favour because our DEFENCE is better.

your medication is wearing off time for another dose. Go and see if you can look at the numbers and then ask an adult to explain them to you. Or better still go onto Blue Moon you will feel at home there with all the other nutters
      they have scored 5 more goals than us and beat Villa 6=1 so one game makes them this season long attacking force that we cant compete with . Come back when you understand football.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41495: Feb 03, 2020 09:14:22 pm
      Just seen the funniest rumour I think in a while.

VVD to Juve for £150m, yeah arguably the best player in the world for £150m haha.

Wouldn't sell him for any amount but £150m haha, good one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41496: Feb 03, 2020 09:47:14 pm
      Just seen the funniest rumour I think in a while.

VVD to Juve for £150m, yeah arguably the best player in the world for £150m haha.

Wouldn't sell him for any amount but £150m haha, good one.

It's from the rag.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41497: Feb 03, 2020 09:49:16 pm

Saw it off an IG post, accounts called Sporf. But makes more sense now.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #41498: Feb 07, 2020 06:20:03 pm
      Would definitely  have a sneaky pop at Martinelli no Brazilian influence at Anfield could work going to be a good un
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #41499: Feb 10, 2020 06:56:58 pm

They've got the story from the shitrag, it's all rubbish anyway - even if we considered selling him, it would be for a lot more than 75m.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #41500: Feb 12, 2020 10:51:32 pm
      They've got the story from the shitrag, it's all rubbish anyway - even if we considered selling him, it would be for a lot more than 75m.

Considering Bobby is more crucial to our team than Coutinho was, £75M needs doubling.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41501: Feb 13, 2020 01:18:00 am
      Someone getting early on April fools!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #41502: Feb 13, 2020 07:52:38 am
      Considering Bobby is more crucial to our team than Coutinho was, £75M needs doubling.
      Anyone see the guy on Talksport who said that Firmino is better than both Bergkamp and Cantona?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41503: Feb 13, 2020 10:01:44 am
      Anyone see the guy on Talksport who said that Firmino is better than both Bergkamp and Cantona?

As much as I love Bobby I'm calling bullshit on that one, Bergkamp and Cantona were God like players, didn't we have the chance of buying Cantona but turned it down :-(
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41504: Feb 13, 2020 10:11:22 am

Hmmm as a team we need to keep piling in the silverware into the club then at the end of their careers we can look at where, individually they all rank.

As ever the strength of this team is in the collective and if we continue to plough trophies into the cabinet like we have done since Madrid then that's the conversation I'd be more interested in.

For now though we have 2 in the bag and we're in the hunt for 3 more trophies this season alone, so let's see what we can do.

For me Bobby would be in the conversation with Bergkamp and Cantona as players who's impact on a team transcended more stats and numbers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41505: Feb 13, 2020 10:28:28 am
      Hmmm as a team we need to keep piling in the silverware into the club then at the end of their careers we can look at where, individually they all rank.

As ever the strength of this team is in the collective and if we continue to plough trophies into the cabinet like we have done since Madrid then that's the conversation I'd be more interested in.

For now though we have 2 in the bag and we're in the hunt for 3 more trophies this season alone, so let's see what we can do.

For me Bobby would be in the conversation with Bergkamp and Cantona as players who's impact on a team transcended more stats and numbers.

OK from an impact and importance to the team point of view yes you may have an argument, but Cantona and Bergkamp could win games on their own, they were at times simply untouchable, some of the goals and passes they did were a different dimension. Stevie G was another player like this, who could win games all by himself.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41506: Feb 13, 2020 01:26:27 pm
      As much as I love Bobby I'm calling bullshit on that one, Bergkamp and Cantona were God like players, didn't we have the chance of buying Cantona but turned it down :-(

Na Cantona was an over rated prima donna - never rated him that highly.

For impact at a club maybe but not as a player I never thought he was that special.

Bergkamp yes quality player but a luxury player.

Firmino gets the nod for me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #41507: Feb 13, 2020 01:39:29 pm
      Jack Grealish... wouldn’t mind the lad here to be honest..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41508: Feb 13, 2020 05:03:59 pm
      Na Cantona was an over rated prima donna - never rated him that highly.

For impact at a club maybe but not as a player I never thought he was that special.

Bergkamp yes quality player but a luxury player.

Firmino gets the nod for me.

It's always difficult to judge players from different era's, but a reasonable way is to look at the impact they made at a higher level.

So, did they heavily influence European games?
      To a lesser extent. did they heavily influence International matches?

By those criteria, Cantona was "lesser" than Firmino and Bergkamp, and I would say Firmino has a bigger impact for us in those situations (and Brazil).
      If my memory is working, it was said at the time that Cantona often went missing in European games.

There are some exceptions; Messi and Ronaldo don't make the same impact on the international stage as they do for their clubs, however, they are the standout players in their teams, and their records in domestic leagues and European games is outstanding,
      which is why I said internationals are the lesser of the two criteria.

I also agree that Bergkamp was a luxury player.
      Marvelously skillful, but a bit of a passenger at times.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41509: Feb 13, 2020 06:11:46 pm

He'd have to be content with coming off the bench though, and I'm not sure he'd do that.

Could be brought in as a replacement for Lallana, but with the English Premium fee, I doubt we'd go for him, when I reckon he'd be at least 50 m

Villa have now got rich owners as well, so not even sure if they'd sell.

Spurs missed a trick not picking him up on the cheap, before the new owners came in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41510: Feb 13, 2020 06:28:54 pm

Much rather we focussed on getting Jones into the team properly than pay a stupid amount for Grealish, who in all honesty isn’t anything special. He just stands out in that Villa team because everyone else in it is so crap. Don’t see what Grealish would bring to the team that we haven’t already got, he’s certainly not at the level of Hendo, Ox, Keita or Gini and I’d probably put Shaq ahead of him too.

Regardless of the standard of team, I’d expect any player in his position to stand out against the better teams but he doesn’t, he’s nowhere to be seen...and he’s meant to be the captain.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #41511: Feb 13, 2020 10:36:39 pm
      Much rather we focussed on getting Jones into the team properly than pay a stupid amount for Grealish, who in all honesty isn’t anything special. He just stands out in that Villa team because everyone else in it is so crap. Don’t see what Grealish would bring to the team that we haven’t already got, he’s certainly not at the level of Hendo, Ox, Keita or Gini and I’d probably put Shaq ahead of him too.

Regardless of the standard of team, I’d expect any player in his position to stand out against the better teams but he doesn’t, he’s nowhere to be seen...and he’s meant to be the captain.

Far better player than you give him credit for and better than Shaq for starters
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41512: Feb 13, 2020 10:53:58 pm
      Far better player than you give him credit for and better than Shaq for starters

If you say so.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #41513: Feb 14, 2020 06:36:19 pm

Agree. Wouldn't mind him here for £0. ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41514: Feb 15, 2020 11:00:24 am
      DeBruyne will be looking for a new club in the summer

Quick Reply