Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179021 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41515: Feb 15, 2020 11:35:16 am
      DeBruyne will be looking for a new club in the summer

Yes please, what a player he is.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #41516: Feb 15, 2020 11:59:07 am
      He's a Liverpool fan, so if we do want him that'll help.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41517: Feb 15, 2020 12:51:14 pm
      He's a Liverpool fan, so if we do want him that'll help.

he would be a welcome addition the city debacle is going to be fun
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41518: Feb 16, 2020 02:47:35 pm
      Na Cantona was an over rated prima donna - never rated him that highly.

Brought everything together at Utd when he joined though, slag him off all you want but he was pivotal in Utd winning the league after 26 years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41519: Feb 16, 2020 02:48:05 pm
      DeBruyne will be looking for a new club in the summer

Too injury-ridden now!
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Reply #41520: Feb 19, 2020 05:02:05 pm
      Haven’t seen much of Werner so can’t comment on him but after watching harland last night that kid knows where the goal is. Talksport saying he’s got a £60 million release clause put in his contract when he signed for Dortmund last month, they r saying that’s why the scum never signed him. I would have him all day long , bobby’s legs will only last another season or two maybe drop him abit deeper
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41521: Mar 01, 2020 02:37:51 pm
      Did you notice after Sarr's first goal Klopp had the same wry smile on his face as he did after Minamino's goal for Salzburg?

That must mean either:

1. We're in negotiations to buy Sarr.

2. Klopp sees the intangible positives in dropping a match.

To be honest I'm disappointed the Sarr transfer thread hasn't been started yet. Isn't he mates with Mane?
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2020 02:45:07 pm by Robby The Z »
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #41522: Mar 01, 2020 02:42:05 pm
      Did you notice after Sarr's first goal Klopp had the same wry smile on his face as he did after Minamino's goal for Salzburg?

That must mean either:

To be honest I"m disappointed the Sarr transfer thread hasn't been started yet. Isn't he mates with Mane?

Yeah, they'll know each other from the Senegal national team, although they both played at Generation Foot and then Metz albeit at different times/
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41523: Mar 02, 2020 03:14:59 am

That must mean either:

To be honest I'm disappointed the Sarr transfer thread hasn't been started yet. Isn't he mates with Mane?

Did you notice after Sarr's second goal, Sadio went up to him, smiled then said something and patted him on the back? I was F***ing furious with that. Could have done it after the game behind closed doors.  Maybe Sadio said come to Liverpool!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41524: Mar 02, 2020 11:14:32 am
      Did you notice after Sarr's second goal, Sadio went up to him, smiled then said something and patted him on the back? I was f**king furious with that. Could have done it after the game behind closed doors.  Maybe Sadio said come to Liverpool!

Yeah that is NOT a good look, I cannot fathom that kind of reaction in the middle of a game, but its points to a lack of focus which we very clearly saw all game not just from Mane but the whole team, the mentality monsters all had a day off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41525: Mar 06, 2020 07:38:45 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41526: Mar 30, 2020 04:22:01 pm
      Jack Grealish... wouldn’t mind the lad here to be honest..

Can't see that anytime soon especially if story about him having a house party during lockdown then decided to drunk drive and promptly crashing his car is true.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #41527: Apr 23, 2020 06:31:57 pm
      Not sure how reliable this but I read an article on Flipboard that we are negotiating with Willian who is out of contract next summer. He's 31 but not a bad option from the bench.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41528: Apr 23, 2020 07:19:50 pm
      Not sure how reliable this but I read an article on Flipboard that we are negotiating with Willian who is out of contract next summer. He's 31 but not a bad option from the bench.

PL proven shooter from distance, great presser off the ball like Mane, bench player who is content with his role, work rate, etc. I've always rated him. This would be an AMAZING move.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41529: Apr 23, 2020 08:17:15 pm
      PL proven shooter from distance, great presser off the ball like Mane, bench player who is content with his role, work rate, etc. I've always rated him. This would be an AMAZING move.

Proven shooter is completely different to a proven scorer. Unfortunately Willian is far from a proven goal scorer; his highest scoring league campaign is 8. He’s been in the league for 7 seasons now and his goal tally’s have been 4, 2, 5, 8, 6, 3 and 5. That’s shocking for such an attacking player who takes so many shots.

He’s far from creative too, his assist numbers are just as underwhelming.

I’d much rather keep Shaqiri than bring in Willian, who by the way, very happily rejected us in favour of Spurs before Chelsea swooped in for him.

He’s one of the most over rated players in the league IMO. He will have a 2-3 game spell where he gets a goal and a couple of assists but then for the next 15 games he will get 0. In fact before his goal and assist in their last game he managed 2 goals in 19 games...them 2 goals came in the same game. He only managed 3 assists then too.

Far better options out there than Willian, who will have turned 32 come next season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41530: Apr 23, 2020 08:50:13 pm
      Can't see willian happening.age plus wages plus the fact he isn't that good means it's a no from me
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41531: Apr 23, 2020 10:41:52 pm
      Proven shooter is completely different to a proven scorer. Unfortunately Willian is far from a proven goal scorer; his highest scoring league campaign is 8. He’s been in the league for 7 seasons now and his goal tally’s have been 4, 2, 5, 8, 6, 3 and 5. That’s shocking for such an attacking player who takes so many shots.

I’d much rather keep Shaqiri than bring in Willian, who by the way, very happily rejected us in favour of Spurs before Chelsea swooped in for him.

He’s one of the most over rated players in the league IMO. He will have a 2-3 game spell where he gets a goal and a couple of assists but then for the next 15 games he will get 0. In fact before his goal and assist in their last game he managed 2 goals in 19 games...them 2 goals came in the same game. He only managed 3 assists then too.

Far better options out there than Willian, who will have turned 32 come next season.

I'm well aware of him leading us on before signing with Chelsea. You are also correct in that there are better players out there. But those guys will need to be bought. Willan on the free is a good move for a number of reasons. He can help see a game out with his work rate and defensive pressure. He's a good spot kick taker. He's reliable. He is a creator and has proven so in all competitions. 5 goals and 5 assist. If you watch him play you realize he does more than the numbers show. A lot of what Willan does get missed since it comes off the ball

I'm not saying he is Mo Salah or anything. But in a time where money will be hard to come by based on the unfortunate circumstances we're in, we may need to reaases our transfer strategy. I still wanna see us bolster our attack with Werner. To get a squad player like Willan for free is a nice find and makes us better
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020 10:51:02 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41532: Apr 24, 2020 12:01:40 am
      Great move, another one that won't score against us ever again!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41533: Apr 24, 2020 12:09:58 am

Was it Spurs though? I thought he was one of the lads Brendan asked Stevie to text to bring him here and he said no due to living in London. He always turns it on against us but age and wages would be a no from me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41534: Apr 24, 2020 12:53:33 am
      Was it Spurs though? I thought he was one of the lads Brendan asked Stevie to text to bring him here and he said no due to living in London. He always turns it on against us but age and wages would be a no from me.

Don’t know if he was one of the players that Gerrard was asked to try and convince to sign for us but Willian was definitely set for Spurs. Seemed as though he’s going to come to us but then he’s at Spurs for a medical and then Chelsea swooped. Was around the time Spurs seemed to go for everyone we were.

Sanchez was the one that turned us down because he wanted London or his missus wanted London.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41535: Apr 24, 2020 01:35:48 am
      Don’t know if he was one of the players that Gerrard was asked to try and convince to sign for us but Willian was definitely set for Spurs. Seemed as though he’s going to come to us but then he’s at Spurs for a medical and then Chelsea swooped. Was around the time Spurs seemed to go for everyone we were.

Sanchez was the one that turned us down because he wanted London or his missus wanted London.

I remember Gerrard saying in his book that a had a few convos via text trying lure Willan over on Rodgers request.
      Kopite78
      Reply #41536: Apr 24, 2020 07:51:18 am
      I remember Gerrard saying in his book that a had a few convos via text trying lure Willan over on Rodgers request.

That was mainly Kroos wasnt it

Gerrard said he was embarrassed to do it

Willian would be a no from me
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41537: Apr 24, 2020 08:03:17 am
      That was mainly Kroos wasnt it

Gerrard said he was embarrassed to do it

Willian would be a no from me
      Think it was both of them.