Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178973 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41814: Jun 22, 2020 06:43:28 pm
      In years to come Divock will be remembered fondly for the important goals he scored but that's all.

No one will remember what he was like as a player.

Also he could be a very good player for a lower level club so he is kind of wasted here given how little game time he gets.

We need a forward who can provide genuine competition with Mo and Mane, and be a rotation option.

How we do that under current financial constraints is another question.

Sorry but I don't think he'd start in any team in this league, it's frustrating as he has the tools to be very good but it just doesn't quite work.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41815: Jun 22, 2020 06:54:00 pm
      Sorry but I don't think he'd start in any team in this league, it's frustrating as he has the tools to be very good but it just doesn't quite work.

I think he could do a job at a Palace or Newcastle. He's better than Benteke and Joelington who start.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41816: Jun 22, 2020 06:58:27 pm
      If we sell Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi we should have funds to put towards a couple of players.

Maybe Koulibaly and Dembele? :P
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41817: Jun 22, 2020 07:06:39 pm
      If we sell Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi we should have funds to put towards a couple of players.

Even tho I know you are joking, I would still say that Dembele is an absolute no go unless he comes in on a loan with an option to buy. Is he quality? Yes. But the guy can't stay fit for more than half a game.

I think since Barcelona bought him he didn't even play enough minutes for their fans to be able to judge him properly. They'll be shopping this guy around for a long time if they are seriously hoping to find someone crazy enough to pay them good money for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41818: Jun 22, 2020 07:19:51 pm

Never quite get the link with Koulibaly and us. He’s 28/29, would cost near on what we paid for Virgil and would just block off Gomez. For me, Gomez is right up there and is only going to get better, him and Virgil are the best pairing I think we could possibly want. Doesn’t make a lot of sense going for him IMO.
      Obviously you want players who can add quality depth to the team but I don’t think the money he would cost, and his age would justify bringing him in, in comparison to what he’d actually add to the team.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41819: Jun 22, 2020 07:29:00 pm
      Wish you'd tell all the people who call me every name under the sun, or are we a bit biased in this regard?

Those people (including me) have only given you back what you have first dished out.

If you cant take it mate ...   then as they say ....... go fly another airline .
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #41820: Jun 22, 2020 08:58:13 pm
      On Origi he needs to play through middle end of F***ing discussion
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41821: Jun 22, 2020 09:03:33 pm
      Even tho I know you are joking, I would still say that Dembele is an absolute no go unless he comes in on a loan with an option to buy. Is he quality? Yes. But the guy can't stay fit for more than half a game.

I think since Barcelona bought him he didn't even play enough minutes for their fans to be able to judge him properly. They'll be shopping this guy around for a long time if they are seriously hoping to find someone crazy enough to pay them good money for him.

If we could sign him for around £50 million he would be worth the gamble I think. He's recovering from hamstring surgery now that's  kept him out the last few months.

But if he can regain fitness and stay healthy he is unplayable in the right team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41822: Jun 22, 2020 09:22:18 pm
      Those people (including me) have only given you back what you have first dished out.

If you cant take it mate ...   then as they say ....... go fly another airline .

I think you'll find I very rarely call people names, but when someone tries to say that Origi is on a par with Gabriel Jesus then I can't help myself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41823: Jun 22, 2020 09:47:56 pm
      Traore becoming very similar now to how Bale developed but from Bales case on the left. He's on the rise now from raw potential to borderline unplayable. When he's got a full back in his sights 1v 1 he's the only winner. His cameo for Wolves yesterday won them the game from what was a certain 0-0. It reminded me so much of the early rise of Bale.

Shame he can't shoot like him. Remember his run at VVD earlier in the season, VVD just stands off him, so he tried to have a shot and dragged it miles wide.

As said he's very good running at people on the wing, but he's crap in the box or playing up top.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41824: Jun 22, 2020 09:52:27 pm
      You respect their opinion and the right for them to have a different one to you.

Compre ?

Not call them an idiot.

To be fair he is right trying not to compare Origi to Jesus. You gotta love how chiiled the Big Div is, but I'd take Gabriel Jesus over him as a striker.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41825: Jun 22, 2020 11:56:16 pm
      Never quite get the link with Koulibaly and us. He’s 28/29, would cost near on what we paid for Virgil and would just block off Gomez. For me, Gomez is right up there and is only going to get better, him and Virgil are the best pairing I think we could possibly want. Doesn’t make a lot of sense going for him

I agree, I feel the same way with Raul Jimenez who is a great striker but his combination of age and potential transfer fee make it less attractive than someone in their early to mid 20's
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41826: Jun 23, 2020 12:21:32 am
      I agree, I feel the same way with Raul Jimenez who is a great striker but his combination of age and potential transfer fee make it less attractive than someone in their early to mid 20's

Jimenez is a bit different, it's not like we have a young player already more than capable of coming into the attack and performing at a quality standard, at a level where they are just as good as anybody else we could potentially sign, which is the case with Gomez and CB. Basically, Gomez is the one who will be hampered if we signed Koulibaly, and from what I've seen of Koulibaly, he's not an upgrade on Gomez.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41827: Jun 23, 2020 05:34:14 am
      Jimenez is a bit different, it's not like we have a young player already more than capable of coming into the attack and performing at a quality standard, at a level where they are just as good as anybody else we could potentially sign, which is the case with Gomez and CB. Basically, Gomez is the one who will be hampered if we signed Koulibaly, and from what I've seen of Koulibaly, he's not an upgrade on Gomez.

I get what you are saying, I believe these two players fall under the same umbrella in terms of both are great players but won't improve the quality of starting XI by much (both would greatly improve depth). Both players value their clubs put on them will be much higher than what they are worth in market with their age. It would be more likely and reasonable to pay 80m for Koulibaly or 55m for Jimenez if they were in their mid 20's.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41828: Jun 23, 2020 09:41:40 am
      I get what you are saying, I believe these two players fall under the same umbrella in terms of both are great players but won't improve the quality of starting XI by much (both would greatly improve depth). Both players value their clubs put on them will be much higher than what they are worth in market with their age. It would be more likely and reasonable to pay 80m for Koulibaly or 55m for Jimenez if they were in their mid 20's.

In an ideal world you would buy players when they are 22 years old and established stars but it doesn't always work like that, sometimes you have to think a little bit short term, a good example of this would be Utd getting Van Persie for a couple of season where he helped them win a title.

Having said that I would prefer to stick with VVD and Joe in Central defence, Joe will only get better and better working alongside Virg, he may even become better some day. We do however need to get rid of Lovren and get one more good quality CB as I don;t see any of the youngsters ready to step up just yet.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41829: Jun 24, 2020 01:47:23 am
      Three rumors, that are only ''rumors'' but that I gave myself the liberty to post in here because Transfermarkt usually talks about something only if the rumor is coming from a respectable source or if its long-standing one that usually ends up being true one way or the other

Linking us with Thiago: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-interested-in-thiago-contract-talks-with-bayern-on-hold/view/news/363643

Among the players, it is rumored that Thiago, who has a market value of €48 million, has an offer to play under Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool.

The German manager is a big fan of the midfielder. Furthermore, Thiago could fill the gaping hole in midfield that Naby Keïta, signed from RB Leipzig in 2018, has thus far failed to fill. For Bayern Munich selling Thiago might also play in the club's hands. The Rekordmeister could use the money to sign Leroy Sané for whom Bayern want to pay no more than €40 million to Manchester City this summer.

Linking us with a move for Traore: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/traore-linked-with-liverpool-move-espirito-santo-not-sure-wolves-winger-will-stay-next-season/view/news/363599

Saying Gladbach wants Grujic for around 18M Euros:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/borussia-monchengladbach-want-marko-gruji%C4%87-entire-package-to-cost-euro-18m-/view/news/363641

Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach want to sign Liverpool's Marko Grujić, according to reports by Serbian media and Bild.

Gladbach would loan Grujić for one season and then sign the Serbian for €18 million on a more permanent deal in the summer of 2021, which would make him the third most expensive signing in the club's history.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41830: Jun 24, 2020 10:09:08 am
      David Luis has signed a one year extension at arsenal.

Gutted.

For arsenal like, I wouldn't have him within a mile of our place, f***in donkey.

Can you imagine being a young defender at Arsenal seeing that Muppet get a 1-year extension and limiting your chances, I'd hand in a transfer request on the spot.
      It is utterly baffling what anyone sees in Luiz, he is by far the luckiest footballer I have ever seen in terms of getting highly paid work.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41831: Jun 24, 2020 05:23:54 pm
      Lots of rumours that Thiago wants to leave Bayern to sign for us.

What a position to be in that we have top players in Europe like Werner and Thiago that want to leave their clubs to play with us.

If only we could afford to buy them :D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41832: Jun 24, 2020 06:38:12 pm
      Currently watching the Wolves game and my god is Traore a good player. The combination of strength, speed, power, agility, and technical ability is just amazing.

He takes on defenders like they are cones he can just dribble around or push around with his shoulders and then zoom past them.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41833: Jun 24, 2020 07:07:46 pm
      He is certainly very strong something we lack
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41834: Jun 24, 2020 07:21:50 pm
      Currently watching the Wolves game and my god is Traore a good player. The combination of strength, speed, power, agility, and technical ability is just amazing.

He takes on defenders like they are cones he can just dribble around or push around with his shoulders and then zoom past them.

Really wish we had the money for him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41835: Jun 24, 2020 07:43:33 pm
      I just worry about his end product , doesn’t score much and create much. Great pace and power
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41836: Jun 24, 2020 09:50:19 pm
      I just worry about his end product , doesn’t score much and create much. Great pace and power
      Doesn't score a lot, but he assists a lot. 3rd best assist provided in the league behind KDB and TAA with 9 of those. Considering they often leave him on the bench and play him late in games, this is even more impressive.

Quick Reply