Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179237 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41837: Jun 24, 2020 10:31:27 pm
      Doesn't score a lot, but he assists a lot. 3rd best assist provided in the league behind KDB and TAA with 9 of those. Considering they often leave him on the bench and play him late in games, this is even more impressive.

Just need a striker then who'll be in the box for his crosses. None of our strike force would complement Troare.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41838: Jun 24, 2020 10:40:48 pm
      Just need a striker then who'll be in the box for his crosses. None of our strike force would complement Troare.
      You'd think that at first but look at Trent and Robbo. Also, he's more than just a crosser of the ball. He can take it into the box, pass it, etc

However, I do agree that another striker would be our priority. But our wings also need back-up and Traore can play anywhere on the right flank.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41839: Jun 24, 2020 11:00:49 pm
      You'd think that at first but look at Trent and Robbo. Also, he's more than just a crosser of the ball. He can take it into the box, pass it, etc

However, I do agree that another striker would be our priority. But our wings also need back-up and Traore can play anywhere on the right flank.

I'd say we need back-up for Robbo definitely if Larouchi isn't up to the grade. Can't keep relying on Milner as cover.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41840: Jun 24, 2020 11:37:44 pm
      I'd say we need back-up for Robbo definitely if Larouchi isn't up to the grade. Can't keep relying on Milner as cover.

Wouldn’t mind us seeing some of Adam Lewis, who FWIW, I would probably put ahead of Larouchi. But I think his knee injury has held him back a bit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41841: Jun 24, 2020 11:56:50 pm
      Everyone should just relax for a week or so and enjoy watching what is one of the best sides to win this league.

We will strengthen, I have no doubt about that, but maybe the virus will delay that but for me I'm just enjoying how good a football side we have built right now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41842: Jun 25, 2020 12:02:49 am
      Wouldn’t mind us seeing some of Adam Lewis, who FWIW, I would probably put ahead of Larouchi. But I think his knee injury has held him back a bit.

Yeah completely slipped my mind, tbh Larouchi came to mind with the pre-season games and the Everton cup still fresh in the memory banks and was impressed by him. So either them two hopefully make the step up and it'll probably keep the bean counters happy if our reported financial situation means we're not spending much whenever the transfer window start and ends!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41843: Jun 25, 2020 12:04:26 am
      Everyone should just relax for a week or so and enjoy watching what is one of the best sides to win this league.

We will strengthen, I have no doubt about that, but maybe the virus will delay that but for me I'm just enjoying how good a football side we have built right now.

Tbh not worrying just looking at the one key area I'd say we need to bolster.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41844: Jun 25, 2020 12:05:10 am
      Tbh not worrying just looking at the one key area I'd say we need to bolster.

I'm like yourself mate and not worrying at all.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41845: Jun 25, 2020 02:46:15 am

Spot on boys, we see what we missing when Andy is not there.

Let's hope either of the lads make it next season to be Andy's understudy, just like Neco is TAA's. Get the chance, come on and do as good as job as the senior boys.  And we don't need to spend any money. Win Win.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41846: Jun 25, 2020 06:12:03 am
      For anyone who missed it there was a cameo of Adama Traore on MOTD last night (24/6/20) after they had broadcast the Wolves game.

Monster.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41847: Jun 25, 2020 05:38:55 pm
      For anyone who missed it there was a cameo of Adama Traore on MOTD last night (24/6/20) after they had broadcast the Wolves game.

Monster.
      I don't know about Traore's attitude (which is the #1 thing Klopp looks for in a player I think), but everything else about him screams Jürgen Klopp project/player. If this whole virus thing didn't happen, I'd have my money on us completing his transfer this summer.

Let's hope we still do. Someone able to play anywhere on the right flank like him + a back up for Robbo and maybe a striker and I would be happy (Not that I am not already happy, we're about to win the PL  ;D :D )
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41848: Jun 25, 2020 05:45:48 pm
      I don't know about Traore's attitude (which is the #1 thing Klopp looks for in a player I think), but everything else about him screams Jürgen Klopp project/player. If this whole virus thing didn't happen, I'd have my money on us completing his transfer this summer.

Let's hope we still do. Someone able to play anywhere on the right flank like him + a back up for Robbo and maybe a striker and I would be happy (Not that I am not already happy, we're about to win the PL  ;D :D )

If we sign Traore I guess we won't really need a striker as we could play Traore on either wing and Mo or Mane through the middle if needed.

Signing Adama would certainly open up a lot of options.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #41849: Jun 26, 2020 04:43:23 am
      I still believe Brewster will become the player many expected prior to the injury.   The question is how soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41850: Jun 26, 2020 08:20:26 am
      I still believe Brewster will become the player many expected prior to the injury.   The question is how soon.

I hope you are right but I'm not quite convinced yet, anyway who cares today, Champions!!!!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41851: Jun 26, 2020 01:48:24 pm
      If we sign Traore I guess we won't really need a striker as we could play Traore on either wing and Mo or Mane through the middle if needed.

Signing Adama would certainly open up a lot of options.
      Agreed. It would be however a good thing if we could add striker with a bigger frame and a bit more talent in the air as it would compliment TAA  (and hypothetically Traore) main weapon.

Of course I'm not saying we change the way we play and ditch Firmino. I just think its nice to also have a more traditional striker because there's some games where you need to pump in crosses and have a tall presence or two in the box in order to break a deadlock.

Also, one thing I think a lot of people noticed. Mo in a more central role behind the striker (sort of like an AM) is magic. The few times I've seen him drop low, take the ball and start something from a central position he had the required vision, that feeling that he's almost gliding across the pitch with the ball and that wand of a left foot that made him dish out some nice defense-carving passes. Just pointing this out bc this could essentially mean that we can play a 4-2-3-1 with Traore on as the RW. I could see Firmino, Mane and Salah almost free roaming between AM, LW and ST in this formation if we master it well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41852: Jun 26, 2020 05:48:11 pm
      How anyone can be bothered taking transfers today I'll never know.

Have a day off lads and enjoy the moment.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41853: Jun 26, 2020 05:54:26 pm
      How anyone can be bothered taking transfers today I'll never know.

Have a day off lads and enjoy the moment.

Yep.

Literally couldn't give a F**k right now.

Plenty of time for that sh*te.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41854: Jun 28, 2020 01:53:16 am
      LB cover and Willian and Fraser on the free is good business. Win it again next season and save money for reload following season
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41855: Jun 28, 2020 01:37:18 pm
      LB cover and Willian and Fraser on the free is good business. Win it again next season and save money for reload following season

Fraser is overrated with a questionable attitude and Willian won't come here to sit on the bench plus he would command a big salary so a hard pass for me on both players.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41856: Jun 28, 2020 07:31:09 pm
      I dunno. Maybe Willian can make some good money somewhere outside of Europe and get find a good run of games. However, to me at 31 it seems he would be a great fit for a big club in a similar role he's in now. I could see him taking a wage cut for a super sub role with the best team in the world and chase trophies on his way out. He would be a great guy to bring on for the final 15 minutes to either press the ball or to see a game out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41857: Jun 29, 2020 09:42:19 am
      I dunno. Maybe Willian can make some good money somewhere outside of Europe and get find a good run of games. However, to me at 31 it seems he would be a great fit for a big club in a similar role he's in now. I could see him taking a wage cut for a super sub role with the best team in the world and chase trophies on his way out. He would be a great guy to bring on for the final 15 minutes to either press the ball or to see a game out.

Why the f**k would we sign a 31 yr old has been who is no better than we already have, where is the improvement or sense to be gained? he was a good player in his day but not now, signing this kind only hampers our young lads, we have players such as Curtis Jones, Harry Wilson etc who are young , hungry & determined, we don’t need a has been warming the bench who will gladly pocket thousands each week and not give a shiny sh*te whether he plays or not.

Y  N  W  A

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41858: Jun 29, 2020 10:58:14 am

Why the f**k would we sign a 31 yr old has been who is no better than we already have, where is the improvement or sense to be gained? he was a good player in his day but not now, signing this kind only hampers our young lads, we have players such as Curtis Jones, Harry Wilson etc who are young , hungry & determined, we don’t need a has been warming the bench who will gladly pocket thousands each week and not give a shiny sh*te whether he plays or not.

Y  N  W  A

Willian brings way more experience, is PL proven, has way more work rate than Wilson (something Harry seems to be criticized for fairly regularly) and is a quality player who can come in and play a role for us. Any other time I wouldnt be for it, however, if we can get Willian in a deal that works for both parties he may be a nice stop gap until next season when our money options are a lot more clear.

There will be a lot of Football to go round and we're getting to a point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and the aging of players. Willian in a lot of ways is like Mily. Has great cardio, doesn't have as many miles on his legs as you might think (been a regular sub for a while now) and has a great understanding of the game. We could do a lot worse in a pandemic stricken off season
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41859: Jun 29, 2020 01:31:16 pm
      Tyrone Mings or Ake in place of Lovren for me.

Quick Reply