Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179002 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41860: Jun 29, 2020 02:25:46 pm
      Tyrone Mings or Ake in place of Lovren for me.

Yep both are better players.

If I had to choose one I would pick Ake he's better with the ball at his feet and a bit like a VVD lite.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41861: Jun 29, 2020 04:21:16 pm
      Willian brings way more experience, is PL proven, has way more work rate than Wilson (something Harry seems to be criticized for fairly regularly) and is a quality player who can come in and play a role for us. Any other time I wouldnt be for it, however, if we can get Willian in a deal that works for both parties he may be a nice stop gap until next season when our money options are a lot more clear.

There will be a lot of Football to go round and we're getting to a point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and the aging of players. Willian in a lot of ways is like Mily. Has great cardio, doesn't have as many miles on his legs as you might think (been a regular sub for a while now) and has a great understanding of the game. We could do a lot worse in a pandemic stricken off season

Agree, I wouldn't be against Willian or someone like him come in on a free.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41862: Jun 29, 2020 04:24:39 pm
      Willian brings way more experience, is PL proven, has way more work rate than Wilson (something Harry seems to be criticized for fairly regularly) and is a quality player who can come in and play a role for us. Any other time I wouldnt be for it, however, if we can get Willian in a deal that works for both parties he may be a nice stop gap until next season when our money options are a lot more clear.

There will be a lot of Football to go round and we're getting to a point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and the aging of players. Willian in a lot of ways is like Mily. Has great cardio, doesn't have as many miles on his legs as you might think (been a regular sub for a while now) and has a great understanding of the game. We could do a lot worse in a pandemic stricken off season

Iā€™m trying to fathom your logic of bringing in a elder player as opposed to nurturing one of our young lads, we didnā€™t need his experience when we knocked Blueshite & Shrewsbury out of the cup using our young lads did we ?
      You said, and Iā€™ll quote....there will be a lot of football to go round and weā€™re getting to the point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and ā€˜ageingā€™ player, end quote,
      So you want to rotate more when thereā€™s a rush of games and rotate our elder players with eh....elder players, that really does make sense doesnā€™t it ?

This the kind of planning and thoughtfulness that belongs in the land of mediocrity, you know that place where the likes of Hodgson, Bruce, Pulis , Allardyce etc thrive in, old school management that gets you f***in nowhere, potless & f***in brainless hoofball mentality.

Y  N  W  A
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41863: Jun 29, 2020 06:36:58 pm

Iā€™m trying to fathom your logic of bringing in a elder player as opposed to nurturing one of our young lads, we didnā€™t need his experience when we knocked Blueshite & Shrewsbury out of the cup using our young lads did we ?
      You said, and Iā€™ll quote....there will be a lot of football to go round and weā€™re getting to the point where we will need to rotate more regularly with the rush of games and ā€˜ageingā€™ player, end quote,
      So you want to rotate more when thereā€™s a rush of games and rotate our elder players with eh....elder players, that really does make sense doesnā€™t it ?

This the kind of planning and thoughtfulness that belongs in the land of mediocrity, you know that place where the likes of Hodgson, Bruce, Pulis , Allardyce etc thrive in, old school management that gets you f***in nowhere, potless & f***in brainless hoofball mentality.

Y  N  W  A

Again, I pointed out a few things that Willian can do very well and also stated he isn't your typical 31. He has played off the bench for a good while now and understands his role. If he came here he would be nothing more than a rotation player and sub. A lot of guys who are used to playing week in and week out would probably struggle to be relegated to that role, however, Willian understands it well as it's what he's used to.

Willian is the perfect player to see a game out when we have a lead. He works really hard off the ball and is a wonderful presser of the ball. IMO I think Willian gives you a better chance seeing a game out over Harvey. If Harvey were 21 I could see freaking out about a guy 10 years his senior taking minutes from him. However, the kids 17 and isn't ready to break in just yet. He needs more time to mature, and he can do that on the training ground. If any youngsterwould be hampered by Willian (or someone like him coming in) its Wilson. I don't think he really fits what we do IMO. He's had a decent run this year in the PL. We could sell him to raise funds. Again this is just my opinion
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41864: Jun 29, 2020 09:43:26 pm

Bingo, for 1 year he'd be great cover to the forwards and we could easily start him in quite a few games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41865: Jun 30, 2020 01:17:16 am
      How anyone can be bothered taking transfers today I'll never know.

Have a day off lads and enjoy the moment.

ABSAFUCKINGLOOTLEY!!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41866: Jun 30, 2020 02:31:33 am
      Yep both are better players.

If I had to choose one I would pick Ake he's better with the ball at his feet and a bit like a VVD lite.

Yep plus Ake and Virgil already line up together for the Dutch team.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #41867: Jun 30, 2020 05:22:49 pm

I know we should but I've just spent the last 3 months googling about 300 times a day and stressing whether the PL will be finished/voided/restarted and so on, I have drove myself and the Mrs mad.. I can't switch off now.. 😂
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41868: Jun 30, 2020 09:37:13 pm
      Adama.

Today's Echo has a quote from Joe Cole.

Telling Adama Traore to stay at Wolves where he is better off.

Mr Cole.  Hodgson's first signing on four year Ā£90,000 a week contract ... then ...  July 2010.

Injury prone shipped off to Lille after one year before getting shot of him completely in 2013.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

42 LFC  appearances in total over three years ( 12 months at Lille ) and a grand total of 5 goals.

Cole then slagged us off saying that joining the Reds was a "mistake" due to him "not feeling any connection with the club or the fans."
      Nor us with you , you cockney b***ard.

Seems that the Liverpool FC bank account made a connection to his bank OK for three years to the tune of Ā£3 million .
      No mistake in that for him.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020 09:54:13 pm by MIRO »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41869: Jun 30, 2020 10:20:21 pm
      Cole then slagged us off saying that joining the Reds was a "mistake" due to him "not feeling any connection with the club or the fans."

Seems he forgets he didnā€™t do himself any favours by getting sent off on his debut and followed that up with a ā€œcouldnā€™t give a sh*tā€ attitude and performances.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41870: Jun 30, 2020 10:54:45 pm
      Adama.

Mr Cole.  Hodgson's first signing on four year Ā£90,000 a week contract ... then ...  July 2010.

Injury prone shipped off to Lille after one year before getting shot of him completely in 2013.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

42 LFC  appearances in total over three years ( 12 months at Lille ) and a grand total of 5 goals.

Seems that the Liverpool FC bank account made a connection to his bank OK for three years to the tune of Ā£3 million .

Joe Cole was a lazy little sh*t signed by a delusional old tw*t symbolizing one of the lowest periods in the club's history.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41871: Jul 01, 2020 08:19:43 am
      Adama.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

I agree, why he has now become a pundit is baffling to me, he seems like such a F***ing moron every time he speaks with that whiny voice of his.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41872: Jul 01, 2020 12:01:35 pm
      Cockney c**t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41873: Jul 01, 2020 02:34:53 pm
      Adama.

A Hodgson masterstroke.

To be fair to Roy, it wasn't really his signing, it was Purslow playing Champ Manager!!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41874: Jul 01, 2020 06:05:18 pm
      To be fair to Roy, it wasn't really his signing, it was Purslow playing Champ Manager!!

No being fair to Roy.

He was, and remains, a thundercunt of massive proportions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41875: Jul 01, 2020 10:18:32 pm
      No being fair to Roy.

He was, and remains, a thundercunt of massive proportions.

Plenty of things to slag Roy off for but it was the thundercunt, cock and gobs***e in Cuban heels Purslow who foisted Cole upon us! A signing to deflect attention away from Rafa's exit from the club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41876: Jul 01, 2020 10:25:37 pm
      Plenty of things to slag Roy off for but it was the thundercunt, cock and gobs***e in Cuban heels Purslow who foisted Cole upon us! A signing to deflect attention away from Rafa's exit from the club.

I know who it was, but we can slag off the Fernando Torres of finance AND the owl faced jowl rubber.

No fairness for either of the cu*ts  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41877: Jul 01, 2020 10:28:35 pm
      I know who it was, but we can slag off the Fernando Torres of finance AND the owl faced jowl rubber.

No fairness for either of the cu*ts  :laugh:

Let it go I say, No 19 has cleansed my soul of those dark days  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41878: Jul 02, 2020 12:15:32 pm
      Let it go I say, No 19 has cleansed my soul of those dark days  ;D

I want to remain bitter and twisted about some things.
      It's more fun  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41879: Jul 02, 2020 05:17:46 pm
      It's more fun  ;D

Lest We Forget .....   ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41880: Jul 02, 2020 05:37:11 pm
      I wouldn't normally recommend holding onto such feelings but those months under the rule of a chin rubbing, giant mouse eating, tactics avoiding owl were F***ing hard work.

It's always good to have something to fall back on if at any time you need to vent, or blow off a bit of steam.

I'd say remembering those days fits the bill perfectly.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41881: Jul 02, 2020 07:20:01 pm
      It's more fun  ;D

I love you Swab, a man after my own bawbag 😂 😂 😂
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #41882: Jul 02, 2020 11:42:13 pm
      Reports saying Thiago might be on ?

Quick Reply