Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200022 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41906: Jul 06, 2020 02:25:29 pm
      General question for the board.  If you had control of the situation, how would you approach this summer window?

I would love to be able to land Sancho or Havertz at discounted price due to the virus but I do not see that happening.

Because of this, Iā€™d like to see is look for as many young players as we can and either loan them back out or send to the academy. If even 1 of 4 pan out it would be a good investment.  Iā€™d also look for quality players on regulated clubs like we have done in the past.
      Players like Sancho and Havertz will probably not go on discounts IMO. I doubt teams like BVB and Leverkusen are in enough financial trouble to be forced into moves like those. They will gladly wait another year and cash in on as much money as possible.

I think the discounts will be from clubs who are facing potentially serious financial troubles.

I read an article yesterday (can't remember which outlet) saying that we were prepared to keep Shaqiri and some of the others that seemed like a sure exit months ago just to be able to cash in on more money next summer. If it's true then I think it gives an idea about how clubs that are not obliged to sell this summer will deal with the situation. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41907: Jul 06, 2020 02:44:20 pm
      General question for the board.  If you had control of the situation, how would you approach this summer window?

I would love to be able to land Sancho or Havertz at discounted price due to the virus but I do not see that happening.

Because of this, Iā€™d like to see is look for as many young players as we can and either loan them back out or send to the academy. If even 1 of 4 pan out it would be a good investment.  Iā€™d also look for quality players on regulated clubs like we have done in the past.

I wouldn't have let Werner go to Chelsea, I refuse to believe that money was so tight we couldn't afford him, I think that one will bite us in the arse as he was the perfect player for us.
      As it stands I would break every piggybank I could find to either sign or at least do a loan for a top quality forward, one who can complement our current front three.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41908: Jul 06, 2020 02:45:38 pm
      Players like Sancho and Havertz will probably not go on discounts IMO. I doubt teams like BVB and Leverkusen are in enough financial trouble to be forced into moves like those. They will gladly wait another year and cash in on as much money as possible.

I think the discounts will be from clubs who are facing potentially serious financial troubles.

I read an article yesterday (can't remember which outlet) saying that we were prepared to keep Shaqiri and some of the others that seemed like a sure exit months ago just to be able to cash in on more money next summer. If it's true then I think it gives an idea about how clubs that are not obliged to sell this summer will deal with the situation. 

That makes no sense to me, because that is a years worth of salary wasted on a player you'll very rarely play who is only valued at about Ā£10m.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41909: Jul 06, 2020 10:36:49 pm
      We are the PL champions, but still hope we bring one or two new faces in.

Priority for me would be an attacking midfielder. Someone like Coutinho :) Don't get me wrong, really don't like the way he left and think re-signing guys who have left to play their best days someplace else is not a good idea. But don't think his best days are behind him just yet. Plus, he seems to really want to come back. Type of guy who can open a tight match, and fill a creative gap when the front three are struggling.
      In saying that, if we won't shell out for Werner, there's NO chance we'll shell out for Cou. But with a solid defense, and say Hendo and Fab in the middle, could afford the luxury of a Cou type player to help the front 3 when a bus gets parked.

Either that, or a front 3 player who is up to give the current front 3 a run for their money - cause we're a long way from having that right now. Whether they are prepared to sit on the bench ain't anyones problem but theirs, just sign em up if possible, selection headaches are good headaches.

Minamino, Ox, Shaq, Lallana, there could be options out there to strengthen further, though not sure we can afford them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41910: Jul 06, 2020 11:17:45 pm
      Media reports from Eastern Europe stating we have signed 16 year old Polish goalkeeper Fabian Mrozek.

Been with FC Wroclaw.

Had a trial with the Reds last September and has now signed forms with us after reaching his 16th birthday.

Deal brokered by SSM football agency.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #41911: Jul 06, 2020 11:25:03 pm
      That makes no sense to me, because that is a years worth of salary wasted on a player you'll very rarely play who is only valued at about Ā£10m.
      I thought the same thing especially considering that players like Sancho and Havertz will not lose in value and might even gain in value in a year as they remain very young and might play even better football next season, but players like Shaqiri and the other guys like him in our team are only getting older and will not be given enough game time to gain in market value.

Then again, we sold Solanke to Bournemouth for 23M so what do I know  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41912: Jul 07, 2020 11:19:30 am
      Surely we must be able to do a loan deal with an option to buy in a years time for a top notch forward, I think that will be how most deals are structured this summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #41913: Jul 07, 2020 11:54:33 am
      Surely we must be able to do a loan deal with an option to buy in a years time for a top notch forward, I think that will be how most deals are structured this summer.

Not many top notch forwards out there though who will come here to sit on the bench, or even top notch forwards in general available.

Perhaps the solution now lies in Brewster as back up striker with Origi third choice. I'd like to see Rhian given a chance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41914: Jul 07, 2020 12:07:28 pm
      Not many top notch forwards out there though who will come here to sit on the bench, or even top notch forwards in general available.

Perhaps the solution now lies in Brewster as back up striker with Origi third choice. I'd like to see Rhian given a chance.

why would they sit on the bench if they are top notch quality? Ever heard of rotation, competition for places, injuries etc?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #41915: Jul 07, 2020 01:54:21 pm

I'm struggling to see what Origi offers to be honest. He has some great goals, but aren't all of them mostly opportunistic? I mean he doesn't really create anything on his own for the most part and his skill leaves a lot to be desired.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #41916: Jul 07, 2020 02:20:50 pm
      why would they sit on the bench if they are top notch quality? Ever heard of rotation, competition for places, injuries etc?

Klopp is not a manager like Pep who likes to rotate I thought that is clear by now.

He likes to stick to a regular starting 11 for the most part unless there are injuries. He does not rotate for tactical reasons or competition for places.

Also the more I hear from Klopp the more I'm now sure we won't be making big money signings this Summer as he seems very excited about integrating our young players in to the senior team.

Therefore I believe he will look to use Brewster next season on the bench for PL/CL games and to start domestic cup games.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #41917: Jul 07, 2020 03:10:55 pm

I donā€™t think you will ever understand the methods of Klopp - he doesnā€™t rotate through the main games - he will bring in fringe players for cup games etc but every league game itā€™s the same front three barring injury

A top forward is not going to arrive to play cup games - itā€™s not like a computer game were players can just be taken in and out and itā€™s just not Klopps method

Next season he will use the same main starting 11 plus 5 subs with the odd midfielder coming out or in depending on opposition

He works with small personal squads
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41918: Jul 07, 2020 04:36:17 pm
      I donā€™t think you will ever understand the methods of Klopp - he doesnā€™t rotate through the main games. he will bring in fringe players for cup games etc but every league game itā€™s the same front three barring injury

Thatā€™s partly because the quality isnā€™t there to do so. If we had Lewandowski for example, or generally any attacker that had similar quality to one of the front 3 then itā€™s much easier to rotate in bigger games than having the rotation option as Origi.

Where as the midfield, itā€™s always a guess as to who will play because on the whole, they are generally all of a similar quality. Thereā€™s been times where Hendo, Fab and Gini have all been rotated throughout the last couple of seasons and would have been rotated more if Keita and Ox hadnā€™t spent so much time injured.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41919: Jul 07, 2020 04:43:33 pm
      Klopp is not a manager like Pep who likes to rotate I thought that is clear by now.

He likes to stick to a regular starting 11 for the most part unless there are injuries. He does not rotate for tactical reasons or competition for places.

Also the more I hear from Klopp the more I'm now sure we won't be making big money signings this Summer as he seems very excited about integrating our young players in to the senior team.

Therefore I believe he will look to use Brewster next season on the bench for PL/CL games and to start domestic cup games.

Nonsense, he rotates the midfield quite a lot, even the CB's quite often, the reason he doesn't rotate the forwards is quite simply because he doesn't have any quality backup in the squad.  This notion that its impossible to have a 4th top quality forward in a team that plays with 3 forwards is utter crap. That 4th forward would not just sit on the bench all season, they'd be pushing our current front three and if one has a dip in form they'd replace them or if one is a bit tired/injured they'd be replaced or if Klopp wants to make a substitution during the game he'd finally have a decent option instead of sending Origi lumbering on to do absolutely F**k all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #41920: Jul 07, 2020 05:24:14 pm
      Nonsense, he rotates the midfield quite a lot, even the CB's quite often, the reason he doesn't rotate the forwards is quite simply because he doesn't have any quality backup in the squad.  This notion that its impossible to have a 4th top quality forward in a team that plays with 3 forwards is utter crap. That 4th forward would not just sit on the bench all season, they'd be pushing our current front three and if one has a dip in form they'd replace them or if one is a bit tired/injured they'd be replaced or if Klopp wants to make a substitution during the game he'd finally have a decent option instead of sending Origi lumbering on to do absolutely f**k all.

Klopp does not rotate the CB's often unless he is forced to due to injuries. Had Gomez not gotten injured earlier in the season he would have continued to start the majority of games next to Virgil.

Also had Fabinho not gotten injured he would have most certainly started most games.

The only players I see getting rotated occasionally are Gini or Hendo with Ox or Keita.

The front three are never rotated in the league unless through injury.

I'm not saying we SHOULDN'T sign another striker as I don't rate Origi and was disappointment we didn't go for Werner.

I'm simply basing my opinion on the last 3 seasons of evidence that Klopp does not like to rotate his front line and therefore will not pay big money for a top forward until he is ready to phase out one of them which will be a couple of seasons away at least.

You may not like this but it's something you will need to accept as Klopp is not going to change his approach to team management.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #41921: Jul 07, 2020 07:23:31 pm
      I donā€™t think you will ever understand the methods of Klopp - he doesnā€™t rotate through the main games - he will bring in fringe players for cup games etc but every league game itā€™s the same front three barring injury

A top forward is not going to arrive to play cup games - itā€™s not like a computer game were players can just be taken in and out and itā€™s just not Klopps method

Next season he will use the same main starting 11 plus 5 subs with the odd midfielder coming out or in depending on opposition

He works with small personal squads

That's fine in the perfect world playing same 3 never heard of  injuries or suspensions ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #41922: Jul 07, 2020 07:35:06 pm
      That's fine in the perfect world playing same 3 never heard of  injuries or suspensions ?

How did we get on this season ?

And how many ā€œtop players ā€œ are going to sit on the bench waiting for ā€œsuspensions and injuries to happen.

Itā€™s very hard to find the balance to keep players happy and the right playing time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #41923: Jul 07, 2020 08:17:57 pm
      How did we get on this season ?

And how many ā€œtop players ā€œ are going to sit on the bench waiting for ā€œsuspensions and injuries to happen.

Itā€™s very hard to find the balance to keep players happy and the right playing time.

I guess since itā€™s hard we shouldnā€™t even try.

And past experience isnā€™t a future predictor when it comes to injury.

But if you are ok with Brewster and Origi being starters in a champions league or league games when the front three need spelled, ok then.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #41924: Jul 07, 2020 08:39:33 pm
      I guess since itā€™s hard we shouldnā€™t even try.

And past experience isnā€™t a future predictor when it comes to injury.

But if you are ok with Brewster and Origi being starters in a champions league or league games when the front three need spelled, ok then.

Why would the front three need ā€œspelledā€ ?

We have started games with big players missing and won them

Did we miss two of them in a big CL game once ? How did that work out - do you think the manager knows what he is doing and can adjust when required
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #41925: Jul 07, 2020 08:45:11 pm

Why would the front three need ā€œspelledā€ ?

We have started games with big players missing and won them

Did we miss two of them in a big CL game once ? How did that work out - do you think the manager knows what he is doing and can adjust when required

Yes the manager knows what he's doing most of the time, but we aren't undefeated since he's come here are we? We did get knocked out of CL this year also didn't we?

Do you have any other valid point to make other than blindly trust Klopp and don't ever discuss the team?

Players need spelled for a number of reasons...injury, fatigue, form.........

Are you saying that we should always be able to rely on the same 3 players to consistently play at the highest level with no dip or injury for the total of a season including all cup games? Because I think that's absurd and I don't know of many top teams that don't have at least one or two very capable difference makers on their bench.

For the life of me though can't figure out why you even post in these topics since you don't really seem interested in actual debate, just telling people why their opinions are wrong and to "trust Klopp".

Think I'll rename you "Echo" since you seem to like the sound of your opinion over anything else.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #41926: Jul 07, 2020 08:54:10 pm
      Yes the manager knows what he's doing most of the time, but we aren't undefeated since he's come here are we? We did get knocked out of CL this year also didn't we?

Do you have any other valid point to make other than blindly trust Klopp and don't ever discuss the team?

Players need spelled for a number of reasons...injury, fatigue, form.........

Are you saying that we should always be able to rely on the same 3 players to consistently play at the highest level with no dip or injury for the total of a season including all cup games? Because I think that's absurd and I don't know of many top teams that don't have at least one or two very capable difference makers on their bench.

For the life of me though can't figure out why you even post in these topics since you don't really seem interested in actual debate, just telling people why their opinions are wrong and to "trust Klopp".

Think I'll rename you "Echo" since you seem to like the sound of your opinion over anything else.
      Again ā€œspelledā€ ?

Do you mean rested - and the manager does rest them , they get rested in good number of games throughout the year hence why they were still able to be kept fresh through the season , there are multiple cup games where players get rested

How did we get on in the league this year considering you donā€™t believe we had ā€œcapableā€  difference makers on the bench

Do you have that little faith in the squad and the management? Are you incapable of understanding the level of team we actually do have ? Are you incapable of understanding that this team which you seem to not have such a high opinion of broke multiple records this season and created a huge gap to the team behind us.

People like you are incapable of

1. Understanding the model the manager and the club work towards

2. The current financial situation the club could see itself in

3. Managing a football team is not the same as playing football manager on your PC

In fact thatā€™s what I will call you - FM2021 , ensure you ask for the millions to spend to flood the bench with all these game changers.

One day realism will slap you in the face and help you understand that the methods the club are using is helping us win the big trophies - I guess thatā€™s what we isnt it ? Unless some faceless expert on the Internet knows better ?

I bet if we go back to last summer you were at the front with pitchforks crying about not spending money with the whole ā€œwhat happens if....ā€ 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41927: Jul 07, 2020 09:07:55 pm
      Again ā€œspelledā€ ?

Do you mean rested - and the manager does rest them , they get rested in good number of games throughout the year hence why they were still able to be kept fresh through the season , there are multiple cup games where players get rested

How did we get on in the league this year considering you donā€™t believe we had ā€œcapableā€  difference makers on the bench

Do you have that little faith in the squad and the management? Are you incapable of understanding the level of team we actually do have ? Are you incapable of understanding that this team which you seem to not have such a high opinion of broke multiple records this season and created a huge gap to the team behind us.

People like you are incapable of

1. Understanding the model the manager and the club work towards

2. The current financial situation the club could see itself in

3. Managing a football team is not the same as playing football manager on your PC

In fact thatā€™s what I will call you - FM2021 , ensure you ask for the millions to spend to flood the bench with all these game changers.

One day realism will slap you in the face and help you understand that the methods the club are using is helping us win the big trophies - I guess thatā€™s what we isnt it ? Unless some faceless expert on the Internet knows better ?

I bet if we go back to last summer you were at the front with pitchforks crying about not spending money with the whole ā€œwhat happens if....ā€ 

This season we were lucky with injuries to the front three, we may not be as lucky next season and if we get a top quality 4th forward they will NOT sit on the bench like Origi does as Klopp will trust him in the same way he trusts the midfielders he constantly rotates.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #41928: Jul 07, 2020 09:09:14 pm
      This season we were lucky with injuries to the front three, we may not be as lucky next season and if we get a top quality 4th forward they will NOT sit on the bench like Origi does as Klopp will trust him in the same way he trusts the midfielders he constantly rotates.

Who this mythical player then ?

Remembering the constraints the club is currently under.

Quick Reply