Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179355 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41929: Jul 07, 2020 09:13:47 pm
      How did we get on this season ?

And how many “top players “ are going to sit on the bench waiting for “suspensions and injuries to happen.

It’s very hard to find the balance to keep players happy and the right playing time.

Did well, no guarantee will get away with it next season . Again this player does not need to sit on the bench they will put pressure on the front three. It might not be a top top player just like Robertson was belittled by some on here. With the right recruitment it can be done
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41930: Jul 07, 2020 09:17:08 pm
      Did well, no guarantee will get away with it next season . Again this player does not need to sit on the bench they will put pressure on the front three. It might not be a top top player just like Robertson was belittled by some on here. With the right recruitment it can be done

Oh I have no doubt that Klopp and his team will be looking at the gaps and what can be filled from either within the academy or from other teams - I can see us looking at players like Aarons , Cantwell , players exactly like Robbo

It’s more then demand for “top players”
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #41931: Jul 07, 2020 09:25:37 pm
      Oh I have no doubt that Klopp and his team will be looking at the gaps and what can be filled from either within the academy or from other teams - I can see us looking at players like Aarons , Cantwell , players exactly like Robbo

It’s more then demand for “top players”

Ighalo has done it for the Mancs I know his wage will be big and only a stop gap but that is what we may need until funds become available but I stick by my view that we need another forward end of
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41932: Jul 07, 2020 09:30:14 pm
      Ighalo has done it for the Mancs I know his wage will be big and only a stop gap but that is what we may need until funds become available but I stick by my view that we need another forward end of

I’m happy with Brewster coming in at the moment and can see the boss giving him a chance next season. I don’t see Klopp as the type to bring in stop gaps if there are players in the academy that can be used.

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #41933: Jul 07, 2020 09:47:58 pm
      I’m happy with Brewster coming in at the moment and can see the boss giving him a chance next season. I don’t see Klopp as the type to bring in stop gaps if there are players in the academy that can be used.

Possibly suppose depends on whether he would benefit from another season on loan or like Greenwood who has gone straight in not sure Brewster good enough at this level only time will tell I do think he is more of a natural finisher but has he got the other attributes  needed to play in a front three
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41934: Jul 07, 2020 09:57:34 pm
      Possibly suppose depends on whether he would benefit from another season on loan or like Greenwood who has gone straight in not sure Brewster good enough at this level only time will tell I do think he is more of a natural finisher but has he got the other attributes  needed to play in a front three

That’s where he adds something different , I can also see Elliott getting more minutes on the pitch as well - Klopp won’t be afraid to put these players in if needed - when you add in Jones as well there is some options there .

The question is what to do about Origi
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #41935: Jul 07, 2020 10:53:08 pm
      That’s where he adds something different , I can also see Elliott getting more minutes on the pitch as well - Klopp won’t be afraid to put these players in if needed - when you add in Jones as well there is some options there .

The question is what to do about Origi

How I look at it with Origi and others who I am unsure on is where they would end up after leaving us . Would he end up a top 3 club in any of the big leagues running the front line probably not which means for us probably not good enough . Think there is a player in there just not seen it enough for me would have to go
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41936: Jul 07, 2020 11:44:58 pm

Are you that obtuse? Spelled...rested, taken out, not played, do I need to type it slower so you can process it?

How did we get on in the league this year considering you don’t believe we had “capable”  difference makers on the bench
      We did well in the league because we relied on our front three not being injured or needing much rest. How did we do in the Champion's League? Why do you always take someone's point and then try to move the goalpost and change the argument?

Do you have that little faith in the squad and the management? Are you incapable of understanding the level of team we actually do have ? Are you incapable of understanding that this team which you seem to not have such a high opinion of broke multiple records this season and created a huge gap to the team behind us.
      What does faith have to do with football? This is black and white, faith doesn't have anything to do with whether players get injured, go off the boil or need a rest.

People like you are incapable of

1. Understanding the model the manager and the club work towards

2. The current financial situation the club could see itself in

3. Managing a football team is not the same as playing football manager on your PC

1. I understand the model just fine...do you? Tell me more about the model that had us break our transfer fees several times (Allison, VVD, Salah) to add difference makers.

2. I think I've often said that we won't be making any transfers most likely because of Covid. In fact you are one of the dickheads that chided me for making the tongue in cheek comment about closing down the transfer board because we wouldn't be buying anyone.

3. Don't play football manager, have no idea what it even is so not sure how that has any relevance here.

In fact that’s what I will call you - FM2021 , ensure you ask for the millions to spend to flood the bench with all these game changers.
      Again...see #3, and then by the way, where did I say we need to "flood the bench"? Once again, you can't just discuss the points made so you have to deal in hyperbole. Not surprising. Ignorance begets hyperbole in most discussions.

One day realism will slap you in the face and help you understand that the methods the club are using is helping us win the big trophies - I guess that’s what we isnt it ? Unless some faceless expert on the Internet knows better ?
      There won't be anything slapping me in the face, it's just too bad there's not someone slapping you in the face because you don't show people on this forum much respect unless they are lock step in line with your thinking. Not even sure why you want to post here since you seem to get your panties in a twist anytime that someone even remotely disagrees with you.

I bet if we go back to last summer you were at the front with pitchforks crying about not spending money with the whole “what happens if....” 

Well I've been on this forum a pretty long time so if you'd like, you can go look at my posts from last summer and see for yourself what I was saying. Don't really care to be honest. Go ahead and have the last word though, you are going on ignore as I'm bored of seeing you saying the same thing over and over and over again. Super fans usually stick with Reddit....maybe you'd find your place over there Echo.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #41937: Jul 08, 2020 01:06:55 am
      I think the fight over if big players will come here to sit on the bench is pointless.

Is it true that big players won't sign for a team unless they are relatively sure to get playing time, yes, but it's also true that a winning side is very attractive and some type of players are perhaps willing to sacrifice a bit of game time in order to be part of a winning squad coached by a managers they like or integrate a team that they feel particularly suits their style. 

What I'm saying is that its a case by case thing where it depends on the type of player you are dealing with. What I doubt we have is not the attraction, but the money to pay all those guys. Players nowadays will take a playing-time cut and refuse any kind of monetary compromise (which is understandable given they have a limited number of years they can make money in).

I think Klopp and his team are satisfied with what they've got and excited about the idea of promoting youngster, but it's also clear to me that Klopp is uncomfortable with some key areas in his team, hence the Werner transfer saga and now the undying Thiago links. Notice how the two players have specifically said they wanted to play for Klopp (Thiago has said that to his teammates which is widely accepted as quasi-fact at this point) and Liverpool (Anfield). Imo this indicates a willingness to come here and not automatically expect a starting position as well as a desire to really drink the Klopp Kool-aid and win.

Having said that, if other teams around us move for big pieces we will need to move and improve the overall quality of the squad in order to not let the gap close too much and this means getting a deeper squad and more importantly cover areas like LB and CB where for one (LB) we have no back-up at all and the other position is split between Lovren, Matip, and Gomez who can't stay fit if their lives depended on it (until lockdown Lovren seemed like a gauranteed departure at the end of the season too)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41938: Jul 08, 2020 01:18:01 am
      Media reports from Eastern Europe stating we have signed 16 year old Polish goalkeeper Fabian Mrozek.

Been with FC Wroclaw.

Had a trial with the Reds last September and has now signed forms with us after reaching his 16th birthday.

Deal brokered by SSM football agency.

Confirmed by LFC and in the Echo today.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41939: Jul 08, 2020 08:12:20 am
      Who this mythical player then ?

Remembering the constraints the club is currently under.

Well yes that is the problem, personally I would have broken the bank to get Werner, I simply cannot understand that we didn't have the funds for him when the chavs did, but anyway a player like that would be perfect, young and hungry, with tonnes of potential. Perhaps that describes Rhian but the times I've seen him so far I've not been that impressed.

One player I would enquire about would be Joshua King from Bournemouth, I think he could be very good for us and apparently he wants to leave, I'd imagine he wouldn't be too expensive either
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41940: Jul 08, 2020 08:41:42 am
      Well yes that is the problem, personally I would have broken the bank to get Werner, I simply cannot understand that we didn't have the funds for him when the chavs did, but anyway a player like that would be perfect, young and hungry, with tonnes of potential. Perhaps that describes Rhian but the times I've seen him so far I've not been that impressed.

One player I would enquire about would be Joshua King from Bournemouth, I think he could be very good for us and apparently he wants to leave, I'd imagine he wouldn't be too expensive either

Just to break down the level of figures they are talking about in regards Werner

Fee - ÂŁ48mil
      Wages -reported to be between ÂŁ230k and ÂŁ270 k a week ( more than any of our players )
      Agent fee  ÂŁ15mil

It’s a lot of money for someone who potentially isn’t better than any of the front three

In regards Brewster- he scores goals , he is a natural finisher and he is showing that on loan

Now Joshua King is a decent option ( surely you must have read in the paper ) - he wouldn’t be stupid fee and would provide a good level of cover
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41941: Jul 08, 2020 08:55:57 am
      Are you that obtuse? Spelled...rested, taken out, not played, do I need to type it slower so you can process it?

Apologies for not understanding your different English - the Dictionary doesn’t show “spelled” meaning rested taken out not played ?!?

We did well in the league because we relied on our front three not being injured or needing much rest. How did we do in the Champion's League? Why do you always take someone's point and then try to move the goalpost and change the argument?

We were doing fine in the CL into a single player mistake meant we conceded an away goal - that the thing with KO games , it’s one off issues , doesnt really suggest anything in regards squad depth etc - the league is the barometer

What does faith have to do with football? This is black and white, faith doesn't have anything to do with whether players get injured, go off the boil or need a rest.

All comes down to the fact it seems you don’t understand the emotions within the sport - maybe that’s down to only watching games on the Internet and not being at the games and feeling the belief the crowd has in the team and manager. Again the manager has the ability to manage his players to ensure they keep themselves to a high standard of fitness - I would expect the last two season should highlight that to anyone

1. I understand the model just fine...do you? Tell me more about the model that had us break our transfer fees several times (Allison, VVD, Salah) to add difference makers.

Is that after we sold hundreds of millions of players - what’s the net spend again ? And those players you mention all straight into the first team

2. I think I've often said that we won't be making any transfers most likely because of Covid. In fact you are one of the dickheads that chided me for making the tongue in cheek comment about closing down the transfer board because we wouldn't be buying anyone.

I have no idea what you are talking about here - I don’t recall ever “chiding “ you for suggesting the transfer board should be closed ? Maybe you have yourself confused but certainly doesn’t excuse throwing insults

3. Don't play football manager, have no idea what it even is so not sure how that has any relevance here.

Are you really saying you don’t know what the football manager Pc game is ? Fair enough but to paint a picture - it’s someone who wants the club to act in an unrealistic manner especially when it comes to transfer windows

Again...see #3, and then by the way, where did I say we need to "flood the bench"? Once again, you can't just discuss the points made so you have to deal in hyperbole. Not surprising. Ignorance begets hyperbole in most discussions.

There won't be anything slapping me in the face, it's just too bad there's not someone slapping you in the face because you don't show people on this forum much respect unless they are lock step in line with your thinking. Not even sure why you want to post here since you seem to get your panties in a twist anytime that someone even remotely disagrees with you.

Well I've been on this forum a pretty long time so if you'd like, you can go look at my posts from last summer and see for yourself what I was saying. Don't really care to be honest. Go ahead and have the last word though, you are going on ignore as I'm bored of seeing you saying the same thing over and over and over again. Super fans usually stick with Reddit....maybe you'd find your place over there Echo.

That’s a proper flounce and such a shame you won’t be around to read the response

I’m not sure it matter how long someone has posted on a forum - what is the relevance , does that mean your opinion holds more weight ? There are prob lads who go to the game week in week out for the last 40 years and haven’t posted as much as you but whose opinion I will value more over any internet fan.

As a super fan I normally find my place in the pub before the game , then in the stands , then in the pub after - you should give it a try , I’ll send you the post code
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41942: Jul 08, 2020 09:48:08 am
      Just to break down the level of figures they are talking about in regards Werner

Fee - ÂŁ48mil
      Wages -reported to be between ÂŁ230k and ÂŁ270 k a week ( more than any of our players )
      Agent fee  ÂŁ15mil

It’s a lot of money for someone who potentially isn’t better than any of the front three

In regards Brewster- he scores goals , he is a natural finisher and he is showing that on loan

Now Joshua King is a decent option ( surely you must have read in the paper ) - he wouldn’t be stupid fee and would provide a good level of cover

I know Joshua King quite well form watching Norway, a very decent striker who will only get better and better, especially if he trained and played with our front three and coaching staff.

BTW on the topic of Werner where in the holy hell is Chelsea getting all this money from? They've already signed up Werner and Ziyech, now there's talk of Kai Havertz, a CB and also replacing their goalie. At a time where even Real Madrid are saying they need to sell before they buy I'm finding it damned odd that Chelsea seem to have infinite budget, missing out on one transfer summer does not explain it.

FFP anyone?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41943: Jul 08, 2020 10:04:47 am
      I know Joshua King quite well form watching Norway, a very decent striker who will only get better and better, especially if he trained and played with our front three and coaching staff.

Joshua King is going on 29 and plays for Bournemouth.

Hardly a top striker who could slot in for our front 3.

We might as well sign Teemu Pukki while we're at it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41944: Jul 08, 2020 10:10:53 am

BTW on the topic of Werner where in the holy hell is Chelsea getting all this money from? They've already signed up Werner and Ziyech, now there's talk of Kai Havertz, a CB and also replacing their goalie. At a time where even Real Madrid are saying they need to sell before they buy I'm finding it damned odd that Chelsea seem to have infinite budget, missing out on one transfer summer does not explain it.

FFP anyone?

Chelsea sold Hazard and Morata for big money and didn’t spend a penny due to a transfer ban - so they have money to spend and that’s what they are doing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41945: Jul 08, 2020 10:11:55 am
      Apologies for not understanding your different English - the Dictionary doesn’t show “spelled” meaning rested taken out not played ?!?

We were doing fine in the CL into a single player mistake meant we conceded an away goal - that the thing with KO games , it’s one off issues , doesnt really suggest anything in regards squad depth etc - the league is the barometer

All comes down to the fact it seems you don’t understand the emotions within the sport - maybe that’s down to only watching games on the Internet and not being at the games and feeling the belief the crowd has in the team and manager. Again the manager has the ability to manage his players to ensure they keep themselves to a high standard of fitness - I would expect the last two season should highlight that to anyone

Is that after we sold hundreds of millions of players - what’s the net spend again ? And those players you mention all straight into the first team

I have no idea what you are talking about here - I don’t recall ever “chiding “ you for suggesting the transfer board should be closed ? Maybe you have yourself confused but certainly doesn’t excuse throwing insults

Are you really saying you don’t know what the football manager Pc game is ? Fair enough but to paint a picture - it’s someone who wants the club to act in an unrealistic manner especially when it comes to transfer windows

That’s a proper flounce and such a shame you won’t be around to read the response

I’m not sure it matter how long someone has posted on a forum - what is the relevance , does that mean your opinion holds more weight ? There are prob lads who go to the game week in week out for the last 40 years and haven’t posted as much as you but whose opinion I will value more over any internet fan.

As a super fan I normally find my place in the pub before the game , then in the stands , then in the pub after - you should give it a try , I’ll send you the post code

This sneering attitude that some locals have towards foreign fans is quite distasteful, I thought we were all supposed to be more understanding in this BLM era, xenophobia is every bit as ugly as racism in my opinion and that includes within the UK and the attitude towards "Wools"!

I can assure you that I've been lucky enough to attend several games at Anfield, even a few in hospitality, but my passion watching those games was no different than watching on some crappy stream, I still live every moment of every game as I'm sure all of us do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41946: Jul 08, 2020 10:13:50 am
      Joshua King is going on 29 and plays for Bournemouth.

Hardly a top striker who could slot in for our front 3.

We might as well sign Teemu Pukki while we're at it.

Did you think the same of Robertson before he joined, how about Hyypia back in the day?? ;-)  I was challenged to find a striker who we could get a for a reasonable fee and Josh King fits that bill, with better coaching and teammates he could make the step up, I'm sure of it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41947: Jul 08, 2020 10:16:09 am
      Chelsea sold Hazard and Morata for big money and didn’t spend a penny due to a transfer ban - so they have money to spend and that’s what they are doing

hmm, that's not quite true, they paid for someone in January didn't they, in any case we must also have had funds stored up as we spent F**k all last summer or January, Minamino was just ÂŁ9m, so where has our warchest gone? answer corona virus crisis which Chelsea seem immune to, the question is why?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41948: Jul 08, 2020 10:36:13 am
      Did you think the same of Robertson before he joined, how about Hyypia back in the day?? ;-)  I was challenged to find a striker who we could get a for a reasonable fee and Josh King fits that bill, with better coaching and teammates he could make the step up, I'm sure of it.

Eh Robertson was 23 when we signed him and came in when we only had Moreno at left back who was total garbage so we couldn't have done any worse really.

Josua King is about as far from a Klopp style forward player as you can find not to mention his age so this suggestion makes no sense on any level.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41949: Jul 08, 2020 12:00:57 pm
      Yes the manager knows what he's doing most of the time, but we aren't undefeated since he's come here are we? We did get knocked out of CL this year also didn't we?

Do you have any other valid point to make other than blindly trust Klopp and don't ever discuss the team?

Players need spelled for a number of reasons...injury, fatigue, form.........

Are you saying that we should always be able to rely on the same 3 players to consistently play at the highest level with no dip or injury for the total of a season including all cup games? Because I think that's absurd and I don't know of many top teams that don't have at least one or two very capable difference makers on their bench.

For the life of me though can't figure out why you even post in these topics since you don't really seem interested in actual debate, just telling people why their opinions are wrong and to "trust Klopp".

Think I'll rename you "Echo" since you seem to like the sound of your opinion over anything else.

I can't believe I've just read the bit in bold.

I hope it was meant differently than it reads, otherwise, it's just incredibly arrogant.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41950: Jul 08, 2020 12:12:09 pm
      The situation with Werner tells me we won't be bringing anyone in this summer for more than a relatively small fee. Klopp evidently liked him as a player but the money just isn't there based on the club's business model, which is a model that has taken us back to the pinnacle in England and Europe.

It may not provide the instant gratification a high profile transfer in seems to bring, but it is now proven to work. I think the squad doesn't need major adds for next season, only minor tweaks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41951: Jul 08, 2020 01:54:40 pm
      I can't believe I've just read the bit in bold.

I hope it was meant differently than it reads, otherwise, it's just incredibly arrogant.

Coming from the king of arrogance, I'll take that as a compliment then.

Klopp isn't infallible. He gets things wrong occasionally. No one is perfect. Except maybe you apparently? 

Quick Reply