Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180410 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42090: Jul 27, 2020 06:02:01 pm
      Jan Vertonghen on a free ?

Can cover both CB and LB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42091: Jul 27, 2020 06:05:47 pm
      Jan Vertonghen on a free ?

Can cover both CB and LB.

He'll be 34 next season.

Nahh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42092: Jul 27, 2020 06:18:55 pm
      After watching the first half against Newcastle, have to agree Neco still has a bit to go before he is ready, felt sorry for him

I'm not so sure, I think he's just guilty of trying a bit to hard, put him in that position 5 game in a row and he'd be right at home. I also recall Trent being a bit of a nightmare defensively when he first broke into the team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42093: Jul 27, 2020 07:21:42 pm
      Just thinking... But is it the actual value that would put the club off signing a player or is it more not breaking the wage structure? For example we probably could have/should have signed Werner but how can we justify breaking the wage structure and upsetting the apple cart? That's why I'm thinking also there will be no Thiago deal.

Wage structure plus the whole Furlough fiasco!

FSG detest bad PR, after the kicking they took over the Furlough stuff, they don't want to be seen blowing millions in the current climate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42094: Jul 27, 2020 07:47:51 pm
      Meanwhile on Twitter corbs blowing his lid on the first day of the transfer window
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #42095: Jul 27, 2020 10:33:15 pm
      Meanwhile on Twitter corbs blowing his lid on the first day of the transfer window
      He’s genuinely insane, I don’t follow him but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t go onto his page every now and then to see what sh*te he was spouting. Convinced someone like him can’t exist I’ve never met a fan/supporter like him
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #42096: Jul 28, 2020 12:09:33 am
      We should definitely look to sign Sarr from Watford

If we get a good price, this would be a good shout
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42097: Jul 28, 2020 01:40:36 am
      He’s genuinely insane, I don’t follow him but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t go onto his page every now and then to see what sh*te he was spouting. Convinced someone like him can’t exist I’ve never met a fan/supporter like him

Who's this again? He's a pundit?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42098: Jul 28, 2020 01:43:00 am
      If I understand the club's transfer policy correctly, the most we will have to spend is 11 million, barring any other outgoings for a fee.

It might not even be that much if that 11 million from Lovren's sale is designated for some other expense.

I think we will only be looking to bring players in for free.

For backups, I'm fine with that.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #42099: Jul 28, 2020 06:19:38 am
      I think we can get around 20-25 mill for the trio of Wilson, Karius and Awoniyi, maybe 35 if we sell Shaqiri also.

Could be money well invested in some good squad players. Also i think Grujic can be a good option from the bench. We will also probably looking to sell Ojo and Woodburn, but i dont think we will get big fees for them.

From the relegated sides we could get some players on the cheap: Cantwell, Buendia, Ake, Sarr and Doucoure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #42100: Jul 28, 2020 09:00:24 am

He has a bunch of little followers as well all demanding the owners leave - sad as F**k
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42101: Jul 28, 2020 10:38:54 am
      I think we can get around 20-25 mill for the trio of Wilson, Karius and Awoniyi, maybe 35 if we sell Shaqiri also.

Could be money well invested in some good squad players. Also i think Grujic can be a good option from the bench. We will also probably looking to sell Ojo and Woodburn, but i dont think we will get big fees for them.

From the relegated sides we could get some players on the cheap: Cantwell, Buendia, Ake, Sarr and Doucoure.

What are we POUNDLAD. were champions of the world players on the cheap FFS
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42102: Jul 28, 2020 10:40:53 am

Yeah, I'm not buying this we are skint narrative, if other clubs have money then we have money, I think we are just playing our cards close to the chest, if not then other clubs are taking a hell of a gamble spending money they don't have.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #42103: Jul 28, 2020 10:45:10 am
      Yeah, I'm not buying this we are skint narrative, if other clubs have money then we have money, I think we are just playing our cards close to the chest, if not then other clubs are taking a hell of a gamble spending money they don't have.

What other clubs have money ?

You surely aren’t going to compare us to clubs held up by oil billionaires are they ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #42104: Jul 28, 2020 10:46:56 am

Robbo was on the cheap was he not ? We signed Gini from a relegated team as well.

Is the price that important to you or is it about getting the right player in for the manager.

People really don’t understand the way the club works , the way the manager works and the current situation in regards our potential finances
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42105: Jul 28, 2020 10:56:54 am
      Robbo was on the cheap was he not ? We signed Gini from a relegated team as well.

Is the price that important to you or is it about getting the right player in for the manager.

People really don’t understand the way the club works , the way the manager works and the current situation in regards our potential finances

Players like Robbo and Gini are the exception though, most of our key players had a hefty price tag, quality players do.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #42106: Jul 28, 2020 10:58:17 am
      Players like Robbo and Gini are the exception though, most of our key players had a hefty price tag, quality players do.

Mane and Mo weren’t hefty in the modern game especially considering the level of performance

The club can only pay what it can afford - we won’t be spending mega bucks on a single player - the club can’t afford it and won’t make that level of risk
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42107: Jul 28, 2020 12:05:29 pm

A point I’ve made before; price is irrelevant, doesn’t matter if they cost 5mill or 50mill, ultimately it is down to the player to perform to a top standard and price doesn’t impact that. Mendy cost 50mill roughly, Robbo cost 7, yet Mendy isn’t fit to lace Robbo’s boots.

I’d say the majority of our team cost between 20 and 35mill. Only Keita, Alisson and Virgil cost more than 40mill. Fabinho at a push could rise to around 40mill after add ons. Generally we aren’t a club who spends a great amount in one individual player, we can leave that to the Mancs, Chavs, Arsenal, City etc and we’ve still completely blown them away.

Our defence has an academy graduate, either 3mill Gomez or free signing Matip at CB and 7mill Robbo from relegated Hull. United have 30mill Shaw, 80mill Maguire, 35mill Lindelof and 50mill Wan Bissaka but yet they’ve been a joke and over 30 points behind us.

Couldn’t care less how much we pay for a player so long as it’s the right one, not sure why people deem the success of a player/transfer window on transfer fees.
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #42108: Jul 28, 2020 12:38:44 pm
      I don't think we'll be doing too much business this summer. I can see Lallana being replaced from within by Jones, hopefully we will sell Shaqiri and let Elliott take his game time. Clyne is replaced by Williams.

Not sure on Lovren. Personally I'm think the fitness of Matip and Gomez is still a a bit of a gamble to replace him with someone like Nat Phillips, so perhaps we bring someone in here.

Maybe that Ben White or go back in for Lloyd Kelly now that Bournemouth are down as he can play CB and LB or there's Jamal Lewis from Norwich.

I'm not going to panic if we don't see a few arrivals, I don't think we're suddenly going to be sh*t, but I do worry a bit that when we come to try and replace some players over the next few years that a lot of the likes of Sancho and Havertz will have already been snapped up by other teams
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2020 02:33:18 pm by deneb »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #42109: Jul 28, 2020 12:44:18 pm
      A point I’ve made before; price is irrelevant, doesn’t matter if they cost 5mill or 50mill, ultimately it is down to the player to perform to a top standard and price doesn’t impact that. Mendy cost 50mill roughly, Robbo cost 7, yet Mendy isn’t fit to lace Robbo’s boots.

I’d say the majority of our team cost between 20 and 35mill. Only Keita, Alisson and Virgil cost more than 40mill. Fabinho at a push could rise to around 40mill after add ons. Generally we aren’t a club who spends a great amount in one individual player, we can leave that to the Mancs, Chavs, Arsenal, City etc and we’ve still completely blown them away.

Our defence has an academy graduate, either 3mill Gomez or free signing Matip at CB and 7mill Robbo from relegated Hull. United have 30mill Shaw, 80mill Maguire, 35mill Lindelof and 50mill Wan Bissaka but yet they’ve been a joke and over 30 points behind us.

Couldn’t care less how much we pay for a player so long as it’s the right one, not sure why people deem the success of a player/transfer window on transfer fees.

Klopp has a knack for signing high quality players for reasonable fees and getting the most out of the youth at the club.  Beyond what he's done here, you can find examples of this from his Dortmund days -- Hummels, Lewi, Reus, Sahin, Goetz, etc. 

Both Klopp and the owners have earned our faith with the results and trophies from the last couple seasons.  Need to just relax and let them do their thing. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #42110: Jul 28, 2020 01:10:57 pm

It appears to be a modern phenomenon that more are interested in table some transfer table - the amount of times that people mention us being at the bottom of a net spend table

1. Surely that’s a bloody good thing

2. Why are they more interested in that table
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #42111: Jul 28, 2020 01:17:52 pm
      @Corballyred on twitter
      Think he used be on here on this forum before my time on here. Lunatic
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42112: Jul 28, 2020 01:20:20 pm

He blows his head every day I think.

Quick Reply