Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178870 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42182: Aug 05, 2020 03:50:30 pm
      Hmmm remember him getting the winner v city. Scored 2 in the 4-0 humiliation of barca etc etc etc... his overall performances since he joined have been brilliant. Plenty of vital contributions and good consistency.

Superb player for the club since he joined.

This.

Gini provides so much to the team besides goals and assists. He has a brilliant engine and does all the dirty clean up work in midfield. He's not a flashy player but a pivitol player in Klopp's system.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42183: Aug 05, 2020 04:27:09 pm
      PLAYERS BACK FROM LOAN:

Sheyi Ojo (Rangers)
      Marko Grujic (Hertha Berlin)
      Kamil Grabara (Huddersfield Town)
      Ben Woodburn (Oxford United)
      Taiwo Awoniyi (Mainz)
      Harry Wilson (Bournemouth)
      Nathaniel Phillips (Stuttgart)
      Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

I guess we are are looking to sell all of the above apart from maybe Grabara right?

Nat philips maybe stays unless we get that CB to replace Lovren. And this guy Kamil Grabara, probs goes on load again.

The rest I think will be cashed out. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42184: Aug 05, 2020 04:34:46 pm
      Grujic seemed to have what was needed to play. A friend who lives in Germany saw him play and said he was really the best player on the pitch.

It's not a very popular opinion, but for me Wijnaldum, although he's a very good player, does not bring enough to the team. Wijnaldum: 7 goals and 0 assists in 2 league seasons!

You're right in that it's not a very popular opinion at all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42185: Aug 05, 2020 05:11:21 pm
      Reports they want 20m for him (Lewis).

Pass at that price.

why?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42186: Aug 05, 2020 05:13:39 pm
      You're right in that it's not a very popular opinion at all.

I think we can improve in Wijnaldum, that's not to say he's not good but he very often goes missing and I'd like to see a little bit more positivity from him going forwards.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42187: Aug 05, 2020 05:28:18 pm

Yup he's only 22 and Norwich don't need to sell so can't see us getting him for £10 million. Hopefully we can meet half way on the valuations.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42188: Aug 05, 2020 06:01:12 pm
      PLAYERS BACK FROM LOAN:

Sheyi Ojo (Rangers)
      Marko Grujic (Hertha Berlin)
      Kamil Grabara (Huddersfield Town)
      Ben Woodburn (Oxford United)
      Taiwo Awoniyi (Mainz)
      Harry Wilson (Bournemouth)
      Nathaniel Phillips (Stuttgart)
      Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

I guess we are are looking to sell all of the above apart from maybe Grabara right?

I'd say all will be sold, apart from maybe Garbara as you say.

To be honest I'd thought Ojo, Ejaria and Woodburn already had left permanently last summer. Surprised to see them on the list!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42189: Aug 06, 2020 11:43:27 am
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #42190: Aug 06, 2020 11:56:51 am
      Acting like a fanny and keep getting injured then NO! Sort that out, then definitely YES! He would be amazing in this team IMO
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42191: Aug 06, 2020 12:16:15 pm
      Yea let's sign an injury prone 31 year old currently on £450k per week cus that's the way we do business. :roll:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42192: Aug 06, 2020 12:23:05 pm
      Yea let's sign an injury prone 31 year old currently on £450k per week cus that's the way we do business. :roll:

Wasn't being totally serious Baz. Just a light-hearted question. ;D

As BigBob said if in an ideal world he was injury free and actually seemed focused on football what a player he'd be in our system.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42193: Aug 06, 2020 01:24:50 pm
      Wasn't being totally serious Baz. Just a light-hearted question. ;D

As BigBob said if in an ideal world he was injury free and actually seemed focused on football what a player he'd be in our system.

Can't deny that or course as he's a world class player when fit and motivated.

But his best days are past him now. Although he seems to be in form of late so hopefully he bangs in a couple against City tomorrow. ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42194: Aug 06, 2020 01:38:54 pm
      Grujic seemed to have what was needed to play. A friend who lives in Germany saw him play and said he was really the best player on the pitch.

It's not a very popular opinion, but for me Wijnaldum, although he's a very good player, does not bring enough to the team. Wijnaldum: 7 goals and 0 assists in 2 league seasons!

(Again! )

Our midfielders are not used in what some what call the traditional way.

They are primarily defenders, also used to high press when we are in the attacking third, win the ball back, recycle it, and bring the fullbacks into play.
      You can see them drop in behind, and slightly inside the fullbacks when they push up, supporting them, and winning the ball back, then bringing in the FB again, or a forward who has gone wide to support.

You can easily see this in the stats - our fullbacks have 25 assists in the league between them.

Our mids chip in with a few, and have around as many (or a few more) than you would expect from full backs in other teams.

They'll sometimes get into the box, when we have one extra outside the box (when teams are defending deep), but in general, they sit outside the box, picking up the scraps, hunting down the opposition, and covering the CB's.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #42195: Aug 06, 2020 01:56:49 pm
      (Again! )

Our midfielders are not used in what some what call the traditional way.

They are primarily defenders, also used to high press when we are in the attacking third, win the ball back, recycle it, and bring the fullbacks into play.
      You can see them drop in behind, and slightly inside the fullbacks when they push up, supporting them, and winning the ball back, then bringing in the FB again, or a forward who has gone wide to support.

You can easily see this in the stats - our fullbacks have 25 assists in the league between them.

Our mids chip in with a few, and have around as many (or a few more) than you would expect from full backs in other teams.

They'll sometimes get into the box, when we have one extra outside the box (when teams are defending deep), but in general, they sit outside the box, picking up the scraps, hunting down the opposition, and covering the CB's.
      Our midfield is our first barrier of defense as you explained well.

If Klopp is thinking to use Jones, I personally think that Grujic is better midfielder.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42196: Aug 06, 2020 02:40:42 pm
      Our midfield is our first barrier of defense as you explained well.

If Klopp is thinking to use Jones, I personally think that Grujic is better midfielder.

I agree, but I would add that against "weaker" teams, when one of the 3 mids attacks more (AOC and Keita have been used this season) Jones is probably the better attacking option, although in fairness I haven't seen as much of Grujic, so I could be wrong.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42197: Aug 06, 2020 03:06:23 pm
      Can't deny that or course as he's a world class player when fit and motivated.

But his best days are past him now. Although he seems to be in form of late so hopefully he bangs in a couple against City tomorrow. ;D

Edit: He's been left out of the squad for tomorrow night and looks to have played his last game for Real.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #42198: Aug 06, 2020 03:52:47 pm

Me, srslfc and you know its not going to happen mate but can always think about an injury free Bale in our team at the top of his game. Oh well, dream over  ;)

Shame he's not playing against Citys defense also
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42199: Aug 06, 2020 04:23:32 pm
      Me, srslfc and you know its not going to happen mate but can always think about an injury free Bale in our team at the top of his game. Oh well, dream over  ;)

Shame he's not playing against Citys defense also

Don't get me wrong he's an unreal player but not a fit for us for various reasons.

Yea it's a shame he fell out with Zidane as he always produces the goods in big games.

Hard to see City losing tomorrow night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42200: Aug 06, 2020 04:32:45 pm
      Don't get me wrong he's an unreal player but not a fit for us for various reasons.

Yea it's a shame he fell out with Zidane as he always produces the goods in big games.

Hard to see City losing tomorrow night.

Why is it hard to see city losing, I can imagine that easily, I can also imagine City winning easily, its one of those games that's quite hard to call as it depends on who starts better, if Real can nick an early goal then it could be very interesting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42201: Aug 06, 2020 04:43:06 pm

Do we get a bag of golf clubs to go with him?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #42202: Aug 06, 2020 06:09:44 pm
      Do we get a bag of golf clubs to go with him?

Police still looking for the suspect those missing golf clubs - description is for a small Welsh man with a fiery temper.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42203: Aug 09, 2020 09:08:23 am
      Klopp has worked with Lewandowski before, I wonder if he can tempt him here? Its a dream but what a striker he is. Hard to find a better number 9 in the last few years.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42204: Aug 09, 2020 09:58:37 am
      Liked the look of Brooks before he got injured young and looks versatile probably out of our desired price range at the moment though

Quick Reply