Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178803 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42205: Aug 09, 2020 11:55:53 am
      Klopp has worked with Lewandowski before, I wonder if he can tempt him here? Its a dream but what a striker he is. Hard to find a better number 9 in the last few years.

We wouldn’t pay for Werner so we wouldn’t pay twice the amount (maybe more) for a player in his 30’s.
      Dragonmark
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts | 28 
      Reply #42206: Aug 09, 2020 02:34:07 pm
      I think Grujic could be like a new signing from the Bundesliga ;D. He definitely shouldn't be overlooked
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42207: Aug 09, 2020 03:59:09 pm
      We wouldn’t pay for Werner so we wouldn’t pay twice the amount (maybe more) for a player in his 30’s.

Plus why on earth would Lewandowski leave Bayern, unless he's desperate for a new challenge blah blah blah or someone offers him insane wages.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42208: Aug 11, 2020 08:44:51 am
      Pretty quiet on the outgoings so far, apart from lovren and lallana obv.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42209: Aug 11, 2020 09:43:15 am
      Pretty quiet on the outgoings so far, apart from lovren and lallana obv.

And Clyne plus a few of the young lads.

Can see Wilson, Grujic and Karius sold before the window closes. Maybe Shaq too.

This should fund a good CB and winger for more squad depth.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #42210: Aug 11, 2020 10:09:14 am
      Sturridge saying he wants to come back to the premier league as priority and is a free agent. Would you accept him back for backup? Personally I wouldn't but just wondering what others think?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42211: Aug 11, 2020 10:17:03 am
      Sturridge saying he wants to come back to the premier league as priority and is a free agent. Would you accept him back for backup? Personally I wouldn't but just wondering what others think?

The only way I'd have him back is on a pay as you play basis and perhaps if he could assist with coaching.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42212: Aug 11, 2020 10:18:38 am

Take Mr Glass back?

I don't think you will find a Liverpool supporter who would.

Unless they have a fetish for injured players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42213: Aug 11, 2020 10:34:26 am
      Take Mr Glass back?

I don't think you will find a Liverpool supporter who would.

Unless they have a fetish for injured players.

Wouldn't even glass, sorry class  :f_whistle: him premier league standard  :lmao: Maybe championship if some mug will have him pay for his medical bills  :lmao:
      deneb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #42214: Aug 11, 2020 11:20:41 am
      Depends if Brewster is going back on loan and of his wage demands were realistic.

I don't see it though, I think we're more likely to use Mané or Salah central if Bobby was unavailable for a while or give Brewster a chanceor Big Div if he's not being sold.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42215: Aug 11, 2020 11:39:03 am
      And Clyne plus a few of the young lads.

Can see Wilson, Grujic and Karius sold before the window closes. Maybe Shaq too.

This should fund a good CB and winger for more squad depth.

Saw an article saying Klopp wants to give Grujic a chance this season.

Obviously, no idea if it's true.
      Can't even remember where I saw it  :laugh:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42216: Aug 11, 2020 12:18:34 pm
      Saw an article saying Klopp wants to give Grujic a chance this season.

Obviously, no idea if it's true.
      Can't even remember where I saw it  :laugh:

From what I've heard regarding his performances in Germany he certainly sounds good enough to be a fringe player at least, but I'm not even sure if we could accommodate him as that. 7 other centre midfielders battling for those 3 positions. Only way I can see him sticking around next year is if there's some sort of loan deal lined up for Jones, but just going off how heavily he was involved in the release of the new kit I can't see us offloading him for a year
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42217: Aug 11, 2020 12:32:14 pm
      From what I've heard regarding his performances in Germany he certainly sounds good enough to be a fringe player at least, but I'm not even sure if we could accommodate him as that. 7 other centre midfielders battling for those 3 positions. Only way I can see him sticking around next year is if there's some sort of loan deal lined up for Jones, but just going off how heavily he was involved in the release of the new kit I can't see us offloading him for a year

If Jones was going out on loan then it would have been last season IMO, we wouldn’t have changed his number to 17 either for next season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42218: Aug 11, 2020 12:47:27 pm
      If Jones was going out on loan then it would have been last season IMO, we wouldn’t have changed his number to 17 either for next season.

Worded that wrong - meant "for a year" as in I can't see us loaning him out for a season, not I can see us possibly sending him out in 12 months time

And you're right, completely forgot about the shirt number too. He'll definitely be involved in the coming season
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42219: Aug 11, 2020 01:23:13 pm

I'm a bit loathe to regurgitate paper talk without anything concrete behind it, but I'd be surprised if Klopp got rid without at least assessing him in pre season training.

It's true though, that he'll have a hard job breaking into the first team.
      The question really is would he be satisfied with cup games and the odd sub.

Milner isn't going to be here for much longer either, so that's a consideration as well.

No idea about the Wijnaldum situation, but I'd be surprised if he didn't sign an extension at some point.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42220: Aug 11, 2020 01:33:13 pm
      No idea about the Wijnaldum situation, but I'd be surprised if he didn't sign an extension at some point.

I think if he's still here in a few weeks time then he's probably going to sign a new deal. The way the club operates now, I'd be surprised if they were willing to let a player like Wijnaldum go for nothing. Especially after what happened with Emre Can the other year. "Fool me once" and all that...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42221: Aug 11, 2020 01:36:26 pm
      I think if he's still here in a few weeks time then he's probably going to sign a new deal. The way the club operates now, I'd be surprised if they were willing to let a player like Wijnaldum go for nothing. Especially after what happened with Emre Can the other year. "Fool me once" and all that...

What is the issue with Wijnaldum it is wages or length of contract which is the sticking point or does the player just think he wants a fresh challenge? Either way it needs to get sorted out soon
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42222: Aug 11, 2020 01:41:43 pm

I reckon so, and no doubt C-19 has thrown things up in the air a bit as well.

Regarding Can, I thought he was pretty upfront about running his contract down, although no doubt his agent spouted a lot of sh*te.
      Certainly Klopp didn't seem to have any issues.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42223: Aug 11, 2020 01:54:49 pm
      I reckon so, and no doubt C-19 has thrown things up in the air a bit as well.

Regarding Can, I thought he was pretty upfront about running his contract down, although no doubt his agent spouted a lot of sh*te.
      Certainly Klopp didn't seem to have any issues.

Think the Can situation was a bit of a freak one. I imagine we would have sold him in the summer of 2017 if we'd have managed to get Keita in for that coming season. Obviously it transpired Leipzig wanted another year out of Keita so I think we decided to keep hold of Can just so we weren't leaving ourselves short in midfield going into 17-18, but of course that meant him going on a bosman 12 months later & us missing out on a fee
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42224: Aug 11, 2020 02:01:08 pm
      What is the issue with Wijnaldum it is wages or length of contract which is the sticking point or does the player just think he wants a fresh challenge? Either way it needs to get sorted out soon

Saw an interview with him about 7-8 months ago and he was sort of hinting at the prospect of wanting a new challenge.

Although, free transfers are very lucrative from a player's point of view. With the new club not having to pay a fee, a lot of those savings get passed onto the player whether that be in the form of a massive salary increase or a bumper signing-on lump sum, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting to see a few dollar signs now that he's approaching the end of his deal
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #42225: Aug 11, 2020 03:38:07 pm
      It could be the opportunity to play a more attacking role. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42226: Aug 11, 2020 03:40:34 pm
      Saw an interview with him about 7-8 months ago and he was sort of hinting at the prospect of wanting a new challenge.

Although, free transfers are very lucrative from a player's point of view. With the new club not having to pay a fee, a lot of those savings get passed onto the player whether that be in the form of a massive salary increase or a bumper signing-on lump sum, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting to see a few dollar signs now that he's approaching the end of his deal

well in that case we need to move him on, 'm sure there wouldn't be any issue finding a buyer, then get Alcantara signed up
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #42227: Aug 11, 2020 03:45:52 pm
      Like most really like the guy unsung hero.  Consistent and hardly ever gets injured.  Also like that John Barnes look like smile!

Quick Reply