Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178759 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42251: Aug 12, 2020 07:05:42 pm
      Watford want 40m for him no from me may as well have got Werner

From what ive seen of him he's probably worth that. Handy player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #42252: Aug 12, 2020 07:27:06 pm
      No way the skin flints will be paying that

Give it a rest  :mad:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42253: Aug 12, 2020 08:05:25 pm

Pure agent/reporter collaboration there.

"emerged as a front-runner" is the key phrase in the whole thing. This will be part of an effort to get him sold to someone else in the Prem.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42254: Aug 12, 2020 08:18:18 pm
      Pure agent/reporter collaboration there.

"emerged as a front-runner" is the key phrase in the whole thing. This will be part of an effort to get him sold to someone else in the Prem.

Then await the ā€œ.... beats Liverpool to the signing of Sarrā€ like what happened with Werner, despite us not even going for him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42255: Aug 12, 2020 08:28:50 pm
      No way the skin flints will be paying that

Are you not happy with the owners of last year's European and this year's PL champions?

Would you rather we were owned by Saudi Arabia?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #42256: Aug 12, 2020 08:29:27 pm
      From what ive seen of him he's probably worth that. Handy player.

Shown it briefly not sure enough tbh you can have him Keith might be able to get that one over the line 😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42257: Aug 12, 2020 08:36:40 pm
      Shown it briefly not sure enough tbh you can have him Keith might be able to get that one over the line 😉

;D ;D ;D
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #42258: Aug 12, 2020 09:45:12 pm

The next AFCON is in January 2022.  We need cover for Mane and Salah next month - we can worry about the effects of AFCON next summer.

IMO Sarr is a much better option than anyone we currently have on the roster, and 40 million isnā€™t that bad of a price.  Heā€™s young, has PL experience, is right footed, has insane speed, and can play on either wing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42259: Aug 12, 2020 11:32:17 pm
      Then await the ā€œ.... beats Liverpool to the signing of Sarrā€ like what happened with Werner, despite us not even going for him.

Only reason we didnā€™t go in for him is due to Covid. Donā€™t think for a second that Klopp didnā€™t want him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42260: Aug 13, 2020 12:43:17 am
      Only reason we didnā€™t go in for him is due to Covid. Donā€™t think for a second that Klopp didnā€™t want him.

I know that, but it wasnā€™t really the point I was making. Regardless of the circumstances, we ended up not going for the player, though they still made out as if he chose the Chavs over us.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #42261: Aug 13, 2020 08:33:10 pm
      The majority of the ones above all left on a free because we couldnā€™t sell them, despite trying to do so. Nobody would pay to sign Balotelli and Markovic so we ended up letting them go for free before their contracts had even expired, Clyne would have been sold but for the injury, nobody would pay to sign Moreno and nobody offered an acceptable amount for Lallana who was also allowed to leave a year ago. The only players we intentionally let leave for nothing were Can who tried to hold us to ransom and get paid more than he was worth and Sturridge.

The said players, and thier agents ( god i hate those parasites ) have obviously feathered their own nests. I still have'nt forgiven Macca, Owen and Torres for that. My one bi*ch about them is they were still part of the first team, they went there for the wedge and Lpool got FA
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #42262: Aug 13, 2020 08:42:45 pm
      The majority of the ones above all left on a free because we couldnā€™t sell them, despite trying to do so. Nobody would pay to sign Balotelli and Markovic so we ended up letting them go for free before their contracts had even expired, Clyne would have been sold but for the injury, nobody would pay to sign Moreno and nobody offered an acceptable amount for Lallana who was also allowed to leave a year ago. The only players we intentionally let leave for nothing were Can who tried to hold us to ransom and get paid more than he was worth and Sturridge.

The said players, and thier agents ( god i hate those parasites ) have obviously feathered their own nests. I still have'nt forgiven Macca, Owen and Torres for that. My one bi*ch about them is they were still part of the first team, they went there for the wedge and Lpool got FA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42263: Aug 13, 2020 09:19:01 pm
      Give it a year, go after that Dayot Upamecano, watching him during this Leipzig - Atletico match and he is F***ing quality.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #42264: Aug 13, 2020 09:54:47 pm
      I can't see going for another African forward as a good idea.  He does well and becomes the next choice after our 3 it means we will lose 3 of our best 4 foorwards to AFCON.     It is a shame that one has to think like this but AFCON have their own agenda and the welfare of their players seems not to be important to them.   

JĆ¼rgen Klopp himself said early in the year that this factor will play a major factor in recruiting new players.   
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #42265: Aug 14, 2020 10:43:19 am
      Willian signed for Arsenal on a 3 year deal. Thought he would have been a good signing, better option than what we have coming off the bench but I wonder if the wages would have been a stumbling block.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42266: Aug 14, 2020 10:53:06 am
      Give it a year, go after that Dayot Upamecano, watching him during this Leipzig - Atletico match and he is f**king quality.

F**k waiting go get him now !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42267: Aug 14, 2020 12:23:41 pm

He has a release clause of around 35-40mill thatā€™s active as of next summer, makes sense to wait a year.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42268: Aug 14, 2020 01:24:01 pm
      Willian signed for Arsenal on a 3 year deal. Thought he would have been a good signing, better option than what we have coming off the bench but I wonder if the wages would have been a stumbling block.

Great player but by the sounds of things he'll be earning 220k p/w at Arsenal, which is the same as what Van Dijk earns now. Couldn't see us offering much more than half of that figure if we were only going to use him on a rotational basis
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42269: Aug 14, 2020 02:15:29 pm
      Great player but by the sounds of things he'll be earning 220k p/w at Arsenal, which is the same as what Van Dijk earns now. Couldn't see us offering much more than half of that figure if we were only going to use him on a rotational basis

Wow..220 per week for Willian?

It sometimes amazes me that we are able to keep players having as "low" of a wage structure as we do. Really speaks to what we've built here that players are willing to take less than they might be able to get at other teams to be a part of this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42270: Aug 14, 2020 02:18:35 pm

We got a good wedge for Torres.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42271: Aug 14, 2020 02:54:35 pm

It sometimes amazes me that we are able to keep players having as "low" of a wage structure as we do. Really speaks to what we've built here that players are willing to take less than they might be able to get at other teams to be a part of this.

The plan has worked perfectly when you look at it, signing players with potential who aren't quite world class yet, tying them down to contracts and then turning them into superstars. I think every club in the world would probably be jealous of how we've managed to do things in the last 5 or so years. I think that footballers definitely strike a balance between wages & success, although it probably tilts more towards success. The likes of Van Dijk, Salah etc could probably easily earn an extra 100k p/w at a Madrid or a PSG, but they won't be playing in the biggest league in the world and probably wouldn't even have a better chance of success, so staying here is pretty much a no-brainer for them. It's not as though the 200k p/w they're on at the moment is any kind of a pittance

It's easy to call footballers "money-grabbers" or "mercenaries" when they leave. Sterling got it, as did Torres and many more, but I think the main motivation for both of those transfers was that those players wanted to play for (at the time) much better clubs which far greater prospects of success. Both would have gotten a payrise, which was probably a nice bonus to them, but I think the bigger prize would have been competing for titles & European Cups as opposed to playing in the Europa League & aiming for 4th place. Hypothetically, I've no doubt that if those players were playing in this current team with this current manager they wouldn't think twice about leaving

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42272: Aug 14, 2020 06:44:47 pm

Good job Arsenal sacked 55 people to save a few thousand per week, not sure theyā€™d have managed to give Willian over Ā£10mill a year otherwise.

Shithouses
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #42273: Aug 14, 2020 08:00:39 pm
      We got a good wedge for Torres.

obs forgot , but so pi==ed about it, made up it went the way it did

Quick Reply