Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178789 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42757: Sep 16, 2020 02:32:40 pm
      Question..

Is their potential of 1 or 2 loan signings coming in for the season to fill whatever gaps we believe might sit in the squad?

Other big clubs use the loan scenario and some quite regular and quite well.

Not looking for pros v cons or complaints about not spening etc, the question is clear so no need to deviate.

Maybe a backup center back, but I think for this season we're going with what we have, which is why I don't think Brewster is going anywhere elither (DEFINITELY NOT on a transfer).

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42758: Sep 16, 2020 02:34:51 pm
      Bale a possibility I’m hearing, thoughts ppl ?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #42759: Sep 16, 2020 02:42:17 pm

600K a week might be an issue 
      Kopite78
      Reply #42760: Sep 16, 2020 02:44:08 pm

Hes going to have to take a dramatic cut on that if he wants a move back to England. Couldnt even see Utd or City paying that

Us and Spurs 100% no chance
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42761: Sep 16, 2020 02:47:03 pm

Considering he earns more than our entire front 3 put together & wouldn't get into the team ahead of any of them, I'd say it's unlikely
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42762: Sep 16, 2020 02:52:23 pm
      Hes going to have to take a dramatic cut on that if he wants a move back to England. Couldnt even see Utd or City paying that

The only way Spurs or us could do it would be to take him on loan and pay a portion of his weekly wage. I don't see it as likely for us, but would Spurs be willing to pay more than £200k per week, would Real Madrid be ok with that, paying 2/3rds of the wage of someone not playing for them?
      Kopite78
      Reply #42763: Sep 16, 2020 02:56:37 pm
      The only way Spurs or us could do it would be to take him on loan and pay a portion of his weekly wage. I don't see it as likely for us, but would Spurs be willing to pay more than £200k per week, would Real Madrid be ok with that, paying 2/3rds of the wage of someone not playing for them?

Absolutely not, why would Real entertain paying getting on half a million a week for a player at another club

No chance. Hed have to tear up his contract and take a far less paid gig which I very much doubt hed do

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42764: Sep 16, 2020 02:58:16 pm
      Absolutely not, why would Real entertain paying getting on half a million a week for a player at another club

No chance. Hed have to tear up his contract and take a far less paid gig which I very much doubt hed do

Well Madrid might have to do it if they were absolutely fu**ed for money, but I doubt they are, they can always get bailed out by the Spanish banks who themselves get bailed out by the EU, but that's another topic ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #42765: Sep 16, 2020 03:00:39 pm
      Well Madrid might have to do it if they were absolutely fu**ed for money, but I doubt they are, they can always get bailed out by the Spanish banks who themselves get bailed out by the EU, but that's another topic ;-)

How would it benefit Madrid to still pay him 400-500k a week?

If he simply left it would free up a hefty contract but not still paying that amount
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42766: Sep 16, 2020 03:03:56 pm
      I think it’s all bollocks myself, rumours are exactly what they are, f***in bullshit, the mongers may as well say Mbappe is imminent but only if Neymar’s holding his hand ?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42767: Sep 16, 2020 03:27:12 pm
      What I was reading last night (dunno how much truth there is to it), is that Spurs were looking on taking Bale on loan and paying half his wage (300k p/w) while sending Deli Ali on loan in the other direction. With Madrid bizarrely paying Ali's full wage for the duration of the loan

Seems a pretty dreadful deal for both sides if I'm honest
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42768: Sep 16, 2020 03:52:01 pm

Think he's more likely to win the British Open than to play football this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #42769: Sep 16, 2020 04:06:57 pm
      Think he's more likely to win the British Open than to play football this season.
      And more likely to do so having beaten Seve and Arnie in a play-off than to play for Liverpool......
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #42770: Sep 16, 2020 04:09:46 pm
      If he’s available for about what £120:150 a week I’d have ,he is still a hell of a player as we know only to well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42771: Sep 16, 2020 04:22:59 pm
      How would it benefit Madrid to still pay him 400-500k a week?

If he simply left it would free up a hefty contract but not still paying that amount

ah you're assuming someone else would take him on for the full £600k, not a chance, certainly not in this market, so if they could at least save £200k per week off the wage bill for someone they don;t want to play then they might go for it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #42772: Sep 16, 2020 04:28:54 pm

He's probably going to end up at Spurs with RM paying most of his wages. RM must be aching to make him go one way or another and will end up paying his wages just to not have him around anymore. Paying him to do nothing is something but the constant bad PR that comes with it is probably the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of trying to get a good fee and not pay his wages.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42773: Sep 16, 2020 04:30:05 pm
      ah you're assuming someone else would take him on for the full £600k, not a chance, certainly not in this market, so if they could at least save £200k per week off the wage bill for someone they don;t want to play then they might go for it.

What type of economics is that?

Spend 20m a year to save 10m

They'd be better off agreeing a pay off of his deal, at a far more reduced number than the above and let him ho on a free.
      They could give him a 5-10m pay off which he would I'm sure more likely take

Or sell him to China and dont lose anything
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42774: Sep 16, 2020 04:54:05 pm

Doubt he'd shake on anything close to that, if he's on 600k a week then he's earning over 30 million a year. His contract expires in 2022 so his planned earnings would be about £65 million from Real Madrid over the next two seasons. Say if he shakes on 7.5M & signs a contract somewhere for 300k p/w then he'd still be losing out on more than £20M over the next 2 years
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42775: Sep 16, 2020 05:05:20 pm
      Doubt he'd shake on anything close to that, if he's on 600k a week then he's earning over 30 million a year. His contract expires in 2022 so his planned earnings would be about £65 million from Real Madrid over the next two seasons. Say if he shakes on 7.5M & signs a contract somewhere for 300k p/w then he'd still be losing out on more than £20M over the next 2 years

He's already shown he's happy sitting in the stands collecting his paycheck. Don't think that will change now. If football was really important to him, he'd have moved on awhile ago in my opinion.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #42776: Sep 16, 2020 05:13:38 pm
      He's already shown he's happy sitting in the stands collecting his paycheck. Don't think that will change now. If football was really important to him, he'd have moved on awhile ago in my opinion.

Yeah, that's it. He's won 4 European Cups so it's not like he needs to move somewhere to prove a point
      Kopite78
      Reply #42777: Sep 16, 2020 05:13:39 pm

This one goes against my debate with Heimy about Thiago as Bale does seem desperately unhappy at Madrid now

If he shook on a tax free pay off (or they pay the tax but dont really) then that 7.5m is worth in excess of 15m in reality

Then he would be free to sign a new deal at whatever and more than likely including a signing on bonus

Yes he would lose a few quid but not as much as we would think and like I say he seems desperately unhappy where he is
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42778: Sep 16, 2020 05:37:28 pm
      What type of economics is that?

Spend 20m a year to save 10m

They'd be better off agreeing a pay off of his deal, at a far more reduced number than the above and let him ho on a free.

Or sell him to China and dont lose anything

oh God, I cannot be bothered to get into another lengthy debate with you, I really don't have the energy, but yes it makes sense to lose £10m instead of £20m and the issue will selling Bale is that, as you told me before, no player would ever take a pay cut, and that's not because they are greedy ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42779: Sep 16, 2020 05:39:29 pm
      This one goes against my debate with Heimy about Thiago as Bale does seem desperately unhappy at Madrid now

If he shook on a tax free pay off (or they pay the tax but dont really) then that 7.5m is worth in excess of 15m in reality

Then he would be free to sign a new deal at whatever and more than likely including a signing on bonus

Yes he would lose a few quid but not as much as we would think and like I say he seems desperately unhappy where he is

;D, now who's changing their position, you know all the criticism I get on here for wumming etc should perhaps be better directed at you old chum!

Quick Reply