Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179020 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42780: Sep 16, 2020 08:31:54 pm
      Haha the Bale talk! Come on lads and ladies surely this is a non starter just to talk about it! Regardless of economics Gareth is not coming to LFC to be Mo Salah’s back up!
      Kopite78
      Reply #42781: Sep 16, 2020 08:33:32 pm
      ;D, now who's changing their position, you know all the criticism I get on here for wumming etc should perhaps be better directed at you old chum!

If people want to accuse me of that then no problem, but I think anyone with a brain can see the differences in the situations

If you cant then sorry buddy, that's on you
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42782: Sep 16, 2020 08:39:13 pm
      Bale a possibility I’m hearing, thoughts ppl ?

Can't see Bale happening at all.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42783: Sep 16, 2020 08:40:58 pm
      Maybe a backup center back, but I think for this season we're going with what we have, which is why I don't think Brewster is going anywhere elither (DEFINITELY NOT on a transfer).

Just reading through on Twitter about Brewster.

Is this serious about him being sold?

If it is, it is a total swerve by the club re their assessment of and intentions for Rhian.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #42784: Sep 16, 2020 08:45:35 pm
      Rumors Brewster has signed for Shef Wed with a buy back clause
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #42785: Sep 16, 2020 08:46:07 pm
      What the F**k kind of club are we
      Kopite78
      Reply #42786: Sep 16, 2020 08:50:13 pm
      What the f**k kind of club are we

Champions of England

Champions of Europe

Champions of the world

🤤
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #42787: Sep 16, 2020 09:57:30 pm
      Soon to be deposed the way we are varrying on and F**k me that hurts
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #42788: Sep 16, 2020 10:34:21 pm
      Champions of England

Champions of Europe

Champions of the world

🤤

Spot on indeed and no-one should forget that !
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #42789: Sep 16, 2020 10:57:18 pm
      Yep, there’s plenty of talk of Brewster going to Sheffield or Villa in a permanent deal. If it happens it doesn’t say much about the club finances does it? Are things really so bad it’s sell to buy time? I’d only be looking at a loan deal for this lad.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #42790: Sep 16, 2020 11:28:33 pm
      Yep, there’s plenty of talk of Brewster going to Sheffield or Villa in a permanent deal. If it happens it doesn’t say much about the club finances does it? Are things really so bad it’s sell to buy time? I’d only be looking at a loan deal for this lad.
      I think the ''sell to buy'' has been a fact all summer now. We took about the exact amount we got for Lovren and put it in Tsimikas and since then we have been seemingly struggling to sell a single one of the fringe players and with this came the end of our activities in the market.

We all know the interest in Thiago is real but we also know by now that he ain't coming in unless we get the money for it buy selling first.

Not a criticism of the club or anything but it is a bit frustrating to see everybody around us move while we do nothing. However, the window is still open for quite a little while so let's see. I think it is no secret that we are still looking for a CB and a depth on the wings.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42791: Sep 17, 2020 12:38:12 am
      I think the ''sell to buy'' has been a fact all summer now. We took about the exact amount we got for Lovren and put it in Tsimikas and since then we have been seemingly struggling to sell a single one of the fringe players and with this came the end of our activities in the market.

We all know the interest in Thiago is real but we also know by now that he ain't coming in unless we get the money for it buy selling first.

Not a criticism of the club or anything but it is a bit frustrating to see everybody around us move while we do nothing. However, the window is still open for quite a little while so let's see. I think it is no secret that we are still looking for a CB and a depth on the wings.

Yep it's actually quite annoying how the F**k we have no money unless we sell. What the F**k is going on? Sure JWH has 30 F***ing million lying around in his fkn sock drawer!

I know they have done a sh*t load for this Club but we are Champions, you have to add that little bit extra when going again! Show us some money for fucks sake! I honestly don't think we will bring in anyone at all.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42792: Sep 17, 2020 12:40:46 am

What sort of question is that ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #42793: Sep 17, 2020 01:26:22 am

I think we are a club that only spends what it makes. That’s how my wife and I run our household, but since Werner’s money ain’t mine I sure wouldn’t mind him throwing some of his own in for LFC.  But I don’t think that’s going to happen and since he’s always said that’s the way FSG do business I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42794: Sep 17, 2020 06:48:58 am
      Soon to be deposed the way we are varrying on and f**k me that hurts

Although I want to trust Klopp, I think that we're commoning complacent. We're sometimes too confident that we're "mentality monsters" and we lose our focus.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #42795: Sep 17, 2020 07:53:41 am
      Why are people surprised that the club are being cautious ?

We are a club that is self sustaining, it spends money it makes , we made a small profit last year which now have been swallowed up by the losses the club has already made and there is going to be potentially more to come , we could lose up to £100mil because of Covid.

Other clubs are relying on credit lines to banks , loans from owners and back and just lumping on top of debt. Even City have only really spent from player sales.

If Brewster goes it’s clear that the manager doesn’t see him in the plans right now - so sell him with a buy back clause and bring someone in who will bring something to the table right now , if Brewster develops well then we have the clause.

As for the owners and not putting their money in - it’s the same all over Twitter - the demands for the owners to spend their £2.2bn ( in assets) on players , being called peadophiles, despicable, worst owners in history , all because they are sticking to what they said they would - not use personal money to buy Carlos kickaball .

The worst thing about football is the transfer window and the way the media big it up , and all those little FIFA virgins acting like it’s the most important thing of the season

If people don’t trust our transfer policy now after seeing the last 5 years work then they never will.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42796: Sep 17, 2020 08:18:51 am
      Soon to be deposed the way we are varrying on and f**k me that hurts

Why? Are we being suspended from all competition?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42797: Sep 17, 2020 09:13:23 am
      Why? Are we being suspended from all competition?

We're selling Brewster, our star striker mate. Where would we be without all of those 0 goals he scored for us in the last 2 seasons? The only way is down from here
      Kopite78
      Reply #42798: Sep 17, 2020 09:15:20 am
      We're selling Brewster, our star striker mate. Where would we be without all of those 0 goals he scored for us in the last 2 seasons? The only way is down from here

Dont get me wrong I'm not like chicken lickin over there but I'll be honest I'm a bit gutted Rhian looks to be leaving, not a fiance thing just losing what looks to me to be a great potential
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42799: Sep 17, 2020 09:30:21 am
      Dont get me wrong I'm not like chicken lickin over there but I'll be honest I'm a bit gutted Rhian looks to be leaving, not a fiance thing just losing what looks to me to be a great potential

Yeah there's obviously some potential there but he's still got a long way to go before he becomes the finished article. I think a lot of people have built him up to be some sort of wonderkid when in actual fact he's a 20 year old lad who scored a few goals for Swansea in the Championship. Jordan Ibe arguably shown more potential during the same stage in his career

If we sell him then that probably means we're using the funds to purchase someone who the club believe could bring more to the squad, and if Rhian does end up exceeding all expectations and becoming the next Alan Shearer then we'll probably have the opportunity to buy him back at below market value
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42800: Sep 17, 2020 10:45:31 am
      Thiago arriving means we must have deals in place or close to for outgoings.

I'd expect Wilson and Grujic will go, and either Origi or Brewster. Shaqiri too if we get a decent offer. Will leave us with a very high quality but relatively small squad.

One more addition to cover the wide forward position and I think we'll have enough squad depth to defend our title.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42801: Sep 17, 2020 11:16:08 am

I am sort of old-fashioned so I'm glad to hear it is not "a fiance thing."

Not that there's anything wrong with that....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42802: Sep 17, 2020 11:21:02 am
      Thiago arriving means we must have deals in place or close to for outgoings.

I'd expect Wilson and Grujic will go, and either Origi or Brewster. Shaqiri too if we get a decent offer. Will leave us with a very high quality but relatively small squad.

One more addition to cover the wide forward position and I think we'll have enough squad depth to defend our title.

Wilson I think was always set to leave, just a matter of finding a buyer. Grujic I thought might be able to play a role here, but midfield is getting awfully crowded. I don't think the forwards you mention are any more likely to leave because of this deal. I suspect the club has reached a conclusion regarding revenues to come in for the coming season. I would guess it's more involved than simply, "we're paying this much for a player so we have to receive that much for other players."

Quick Reply