Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178801 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42849: Sep 18, 2020 10:48:12 pm
      Joyce has said Origi is likely to be off now.

Thanks for the memories Divock.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42850: Sep 18, 2020 10:49:57 pm

With Jota now onboard i def see Divock going
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42851: Sep 19, 2020 05:45:39 am
      Just came in quickly to say GET THE FUCKKKKKK INNNN!!! What a F***ing day! 🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️😘❤️🔴👊🏾
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42852: Sep 19, 2020 07:11:07 am
      Just came in quickly to say GET THE FUCKKKKKK INNNN!!! What a F***ing day! 🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️🏃🏾‍♂️😘❤️🔴👊🏾

Just thought of you as I work overnights now and Aussie Rules football is on. Every time I think I have understood the rules something happens and I have no idea why. Basically you can kick and catch it, but not run with it, right?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #42853: Sep 19, 2020 08:05:05 am
      Wasn't that long ago that we had a business expert among us sharing his wealth of knowledge on the post COVID-19 market, and how Liverpool FC were having to balance the books. That there would be no transfer incoming etc etc

Well then...
       :roll:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42854: Sep 19, 2020 08:12:13 am
      Wasn't that long ago that we had a business expert among us sharing his wealth of knowledge on the post COVID-19 market, and how Liverpool FC were having to balance the books. That there would be no transfer incoming etc etc

Well then...

In all seriousness I'm wondering if this was the plan all along, to wait until the end of the window, or if the clubs now know that fans will be let back in sooner rather than later, therefore there isn't so much uncertainty
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42855: Sep 19, 2020 08:31:19 am

Well then...

I'm pretty sure whoever you are talking about was right and that we will still end up balancing the books pretty much.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42856: Sep 19, 2020 08:44:36 am
      Just thought of you as I work overnights now and Aussie Rules football is on. Every time I think I have understood the rules something happens and I have no idea why. Basically you can kick and catch it, but not run with it, right?

Got to keep the ball moving I believe, but not run I think that’s right, I lived in Melbourne around 2004, seen St Kilda play, mad game but fun, wouldn’t fancy playing it tho rough as F**k and those Aussies are f***in mental aren’t they , must have something to do with all that prison food, Aussiered will know 😜

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42857: Sep 19, 2020 09:07:06 am
      I'm pretty sure whoever you are talking about was right and that we will still end up balancing the books pretty much.

100 % correct.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42858: Sep 19, 2020 09:15:46 am
      In all seriousness I'm wondering if this was the plan all along, to wait until the end of the window, or if the clubs now know that fans will be let back in sooner rather than later, therefore there isn't so much uncertainty

Hope it's the latter for more than one reason.  I'd be interested to know if it was the installments that made it more palatable fkr the owners, changing forecasts (including upcoming matchday revenue), or if the more up to date financials allowed more flexibility.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42859: Sep 19, 2020 09:20:28 am
      Hope it's the latter for more than one reason.  I'd be interested to know if it was the installments that made it more palatable fkr the owners, changing forecasts (including upcoming matchday revenue), or if the more up to date financials allowed more flexibility.

What I don't understand is that if people are allowed in pubs and restaurants without masks and every where else with masks then why can't fans go to sporting events, obviously not in the same numbers as before but you could get about half the numbers in or at least a third.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42860: Sep 19, 2020 09:24:33 am
      What I don't understand is that if people are allowed in pubs and restaurants without masks and every where else with masks then why can't fans go to sporting events, obviously not in the same numbers as before but you could get about half the numbers in or at least a third.
      Hopefully in a few weeks.

Over here I'm sure liability enters into it. But just now fans are being allowed in (reduced numbers) for American football, but not for baseball. like a lot of things, there's a certain aspects of making it up as they go.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #42861: Sep 19, 2020 02:08:41 pm

You are sure this person was right to say that we would not make another transfer, despite the transfer yesterday? Really?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #42862: Sep 19, 2020 02:56:57 pm
      i'm starting to think we were never really interested in Sarr or Lewis as primary targets :D

Just call the club, let the media shout everywhere that you are in tough negotiations with this and that club then turn around and contact your real primary target with a nice and tidy opportunity to replace Lewis and Norwich (or Sarr and Watford) and voila, you just created a little environment in which your primary target and club are a bit more inclined to finalise the deal because of the artificial competition you just created.

Okay, maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this and they really were our primary targets but we also had plan B's and had no time to fiddle around with relegated sides who want to cash in unrealistic prices for players who, ultimately, have been relegated and shouldn't be anywhere near a 40M+ price tag discussion. I mean, I like Sarr but it would be weird to pay 40-45$ to a relegated side.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42863: Sep 19, 2020 03:00:44 pm
      i'm starting to think we were never really interested in Sarr or Lewis as primary targets :D

Just call the club, let the media shout everywhere that you are in tough negotiations with this and that club then turn around and contact your real primary target with a nice and tidy opportunity to replace Lewis and Norwich (or Sarr and Watford) and voila, you just created a little environment in which your primary target and club are a bit more inclined to finalise the deal because of the artificial competition you just created.

Okay, maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this and they really were our primary targets but we also had plan B's and had no time to fiddle around with relegated sides who want to cash in unrealistic prices for players who, ultimately, have been relegated and shouldn't be anywhere near a 40M+ price tag discussion. I mean, I like Sarr but it would be weird to pay 40-45$ to a relegated side.

No I think that is exactly what is happening, if so its very clever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42864: Sep 19, 2020 03:51:22 pm

We'll always have 'Corner Taken Quickly' and Big Div making Pickford look like a tit.

Ta-ra la!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42865: Sep 19, 2020 03:51:52 pm

Almost like a smokescreen!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #42866: Sep 19, 2020 04:43:20 pm

Well then...

Didn’t the club clearly state that if they wanted a player they would get him but all they were doing right now is being patient and also showing a little bit more care before spending- ie check 3 or 4 times before spending.

But it’s clearly when looking at the deals they are still balancing the books in regards the payment schedules for both signings
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #42867: Sep 19, 2020 06:23:50 pm
      Awonyi off on loan to Union Berlin
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42868: Sep 19, 2020 08:03:17 pm

Still trying to get that work permit isn't he?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42869: Sep 20, 2020 05:22:47 am
      Dembele ?

Reminds me of this fella .

Remember him ?

58 seconds

https://youtu.be/XAQiCYDQclM
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42870: Sep 20, 2020 08:53:40 am
      Dembele ?

Reminds me of this fella .

Remember him ?

58 seconds

https://youtu.be/XAQiCYDQclM

Perhaps they should replace Gary Linekar with this chap, Gary seems very keen on diversity as regards Sue Barker so I'm sure he'd be happy to lead by example and step down ;-)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42871: Sep 20, 2020 09:40:37 am

Poor lad will be sent out on loans by us until he's retired.

Strange we haven't sold him by now.

Quick Reply