Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178765 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42872: Sep 20, 2020 10:14:31 am
      Perhaps they should replace Gary Linekar with this chap, Gary seems very keen on diversity as regards Sue Barker so I'm sure he'd be happy to lead by example and step down ;-)

last week we were expected to be delighted to hear that Gary ( highest paid presenter remember ) had signed a new 5 yr contract with BBC.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #42873: Sep 20, 2020 11:20:42 am
      In the transfer market, Im more a wait till he`s got a Liverbird on his chest with picture sort of guy, Thiago with the big smile that sort of thing, and whatever is printed on the back pages is just pot luck for the journo`s ,as in, if they mention everybody sooner or later they get a hit.

Where as in reality they know heehaw about what we are up to ,the latest Fabinho esq signing Mr Jota yet again proves they know diddly about LFC and its dealings in the TM ,I`d be surprised if a CB came this window I think we are more into freeing up cash now with the 4, 5 or 6 that will have to move on ,I dont see us in any hurry to buy in that position, we will have tabs on who we want tho,whether its viable is another matter 1st 2nd or 3rd choice its all down to cash,value for money ,and not getting your pants taken down in the process,walking away if its not right being something that we excel at.

Building a dynasty takes time, is how its done, bit by bit , like the song says  " We are never gonna stop",   its constant, its ongoing,
       its Liverpool.

YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42874: Sep 20, 2020 03:19:14 pm
      I haven't seen a lot of Jota. What astonishes me is that no one is complaining about the fee. Can someone explain me this?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42875: Sep 20, 2020 03:24:31 pm
      I haven't seen a lot of Jota. What astonishes me is that no one is complaining about the fee. Can someone explain me this?

Possibly down to how many years he had left on his Wolves contract.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42876: Sep 20, 2020 03:28:10 pm

For me I don't really care what the club spend on players as the owners have proven they'll only spend what we can afford and what they feel a player is worth.

You get it all the time with people complaining that we don't buy players then when we buy someone they don't want, or expect, for big money complain about the fee.

Not for me.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42877: Sep 20, 2020 04:16:16 pm

So first people complain that we don’t spend enough on transfers then they should complain that we pay too much?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42878: Sep 20, 2020 04:18:09 pm
      So first people complain that we don’t spend enough on transfers then they should complain that we pay too much?

Normally happens when it's a player they don't like or rate. Or if it's on place of someone they wanted us to buy.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42879: Sep 20, 2020 05:26:57 pm

Did I complain somehow? I just find it strange that no one talks about the fee for a player who has to prove his worth. The 4th most expensive player after Alisson, Van Dijk and Keita. I'm just wondering if he's that good or it's a gamble.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42880: Sep 20, 2020 05:31:49 pm

Did I complain somehow? I just find it strange that no one talks about the fee for a player who has to prove his worth. The 4th most expensive player after Alisson, Van Dijk and Keita. I'm just wondering if he's that good or it's a gamble.

Like I said in my post I'd say those of us not complaining either rate the player and don't care about the fee or trust the recruitment policy and don't care about the fee.

Take your pick.

Like I said the club do not waste money on transfers.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42881: Sep 20, 2020 08:59:48 pm

Think that's just the going rate at the minute. 23 year old Portuguese international so 30-40M sounds about right

The likes of Ayoze Perez, Iwobi, Haller & Joelinton all went for a similar price. 5 or 6 years ago you could probably get a player like that for around £15M, fees have just went mad since the Neymar deal
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #42882: Sep 21, 2020 06:34:57 am
      Think it was clear towards the end of the season and start of this one that Jota was being phased out of the first team in favour of Podence. In that regard it’s maybe unusual that the fee is so high, however my guess is that we were happy to part with more cash in the long run if it meant paying in instalments.

For what it’s worth I honestly don’t care about the fee. I remember wondering why we paid so much for Mane then the same with Salah. Won’t be making the same mistake again.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #42883: Sep 21, 2020 09:06:55 am
      We need to sign one more CB for cover. Matip is too injury prone to be relied on. Gomez also has some knacks now and then.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42884: Sep 21, 2020 09:21:00 am
      We need to sign one more CB for cover. Matip is too injury prone to be relied on. Gomez also has some knacks now and then.

Jürgen name checked Koumetio yesterday before the game when questioned about Matip and Joe's injuries saying Billy also had a small problem so I think he will be fast tracked in to the first team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42885: Sep 21, 2020 12:13:04 pm
      19 million plus 6 million in add ons offered for Brewster from Palace, with buy back option. For me thats a good deal
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42886: Sep 21, 2020 12:49:59 pm
      19 million plus 6 million in add ons offered for Brewster from Palace, with buy back option. For me thats a good deal

yepp, sounds good to me.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #42887: Sep 21, 2020 01:12:39 pm
      If and still an if he makes it we will be paying 12m for a quality striker seems a good deal
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42888: Sep 21, 2020 01:20:52 pm

Reality is, its suits all just now. the lad needs to be playing every week.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42889: Sep 21, 2020 01:34:53 pm
      I think it's a good deal but I suspect Edwards wants more. He sold Solanke for 19 M and it seems Brewster is much more valuable.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #42890: Sep 21, 2020 01:51:21 pm
      The buyback for £12m says it all with £25m upfront. Shrewd.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42891: Sep 21, 2020 01:51:53 pm
      I’d bite their hand off for that, if anything it’s just a glorified loan deal except we get a nice chunk of money in our hands and if he ends up half decent, we buy him back, if not, oh well...
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42892: Sep 21, 2020 02:21:22 pm
      Brewster's Millions.

They should offer us £30M but set the buyout clause at £300M to keep it in line with the film plot
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42893: Sep 21, 2020 10:53:07 pm
      How certain are we about any of these numbers?

When I guessed at a fully rotated lineup for the Cup match this week, I came up with Origi, Minamino and Jota as the starting front three. I could be wrong of course, but if that's the 2nd choice, then Brewster won't be getting a full game with us (the exception would be if Origi instead is the one who leaves). He does need to be playing somewhere.

I don't think buy-backs are as simple as people paint them. You don't see them executed very often at all.

Harvey Elliott starts to come under the same consideration by the way, even though he's a bit younger than Rhian.

Anyway, the numbers all question marks for me at this point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42894: Sep 22, 2020 10:23:36 am

Parish tearing Sky a new one over this, fair play to him, Sky back tracked to a degree but wont remove the story.

Great to see them being tackled by a chairman. Years of tge "sky sports understands" bullshit. Make up a story znd run with it

Quick Reply