Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178923 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42895: Sep 22, 2020 11:04:01 am
      James pearce said talks are ongoing re. brewster, but no formal bids tabled yet.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #42896: Sep 22, 2020 11:24:15 am
      James pearce said talks are ongoing re. brewster, but no formal bids tabled yet.

Such a nice way to put it. In truth every party is haggling to get the best deal for themselves. Buyer, seller, player and agent.

I won't be surprised if someone comes up and says the player is willing to sacrifice development and winning things for wages and bonuses. I'll have to respectfully disagree on that. Of course you've got to go out there and earn as much as you can while securing a starting role consistently.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42897: Sep 22, 2020 02:08:51 pm
      Sarr link back again, despite the signing of Jota were still being linked to a 36 million desl. Most likely the agent acting the boll** to get other interested parties to move
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #42898: Sep 22, 2020 02:17:46 pm
      Sarr link back again, despite the signing of Jota were still being linked to a 36 million desl. Most likely the agent acting the boll** to get other interested parties to move
      I suppose if 2 or 3 of Shaqiri, Brewster and Origi leave then it could make sense. Personally would like to keep Brewster but wouldn’t be surprised if he does leave.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42899: Sep 22, 2020 02:21:24 pm
      If Brewster Origi and Shaq leave and Sarr comes in thats a foward lie option of

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino
      Minamino
      Jota
      Sarr

Oh and Dembele in on loan
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42900: Sep 22, 2020 02:24:50 pm
      If Brewster Origi and Shaq leave and Sarr comes in thats a foward lie option of

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino
      Minamino
      Jota
      Sarr

Oh and Dembele in on loan

Sarr makes no sense now that we have signed Jota. At the moment we have 5 quality forwards, and at a push Ox can help out as well, that is more than enough. This is of course assuming that we sell Shaq and Origi otherwise we have 7 forwards already.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #42901: Sep 22, 2020 02:39:02 pm
      Sarr makes no sense now that we have signed Jota. At the moment we have 5 quality forwards, and at a push Ox can help out as well, that is more than enough. This is of course assuming that we sell Shaq and Origi otherwise we have 7 forwards already.
      I would say that it makes a lot of sense if the players you mention do leave. I mean you, among others, have complained about depth up top for a while, surely Jota alone doesn’t put an end to that, especially if we have 2/3 forwards going the other way.

It would simply mean we have more reliable and better quality backups. I don’t think Jota or Sarr (if he comes) would be walking in to the club expecting that they will start too many games. But I’m willing to bet that Sarr would rather be a back up to the premier league champions to starting every game for Watford in the Championship.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying this is a need but would make perfect sense to me and would really give us the depth and quality to compete on all fronts and give competition to our front three.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42902: Sep 22, 2020 03:03:41 pm

Perhaps Jürgen has convinced the owners that if we get in the players he wants to give us effective cover in every position we can potentially win both PL and CL this season which will generate huge revenues.

We also won't have to spend big again unless we sell a star player for at least 2 or 3 seasons. 

If we sell Brewster, Origi, Shaqiri and Wilson then signing Sarr definitely makes sense as Ox isn't great as wide forward cover and his fitness can't be relied on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42903: Sep 22, 2020 03:05:12 pm
      I would say that it makes a lot of sense if the players you mention do leave. I mean you, among others, have complained about depth up top for a while, surely Jota alone doesn’t put an end to that, especially if we have 2/3 forwards going the other way.

It would simply mean we have more reliable and better quality backups. I don’t think Jota or Sarr (if he comes) would be walking in to the club expecting that they will start too many games. But I’m willing to bet that Sarr would rather be a back up to the premier league champions to starting every game for Watford in the Championship.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying this is a need but would make perfect sense to me and would really give us the depth and quality to compete on all fronts and give competition to our front three.

I actually think Jota was the missing piece as he can play either flank and we now have Minamino who can play in Bobby's position. Would it be nice with even more players sure, but its not the burning necessity any more.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42904: Sep 22, 2020 03:06:16 pm
      Before I see any other forward come in I want to see a decent CB first, Fabinho did well and can do a job but I want him in front of that defence, not in it.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42905: Sep 22, 2020 05:38:47 pm
      Sarr or Dembele would put us in a great great position to win PL and CL. If we have the budget and they fit in, why not?

Our front 3 needs competition, not because they are not god but they should be able to rest when needed.

I don't fancy Sarr, his stats are not that good and he needs to prove his worth but Klopp and the scouts know better. As for Dembele, having him on loan would be good for all parties
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #42906: Sep 22, 2020 05:40:56 pm
      Sarr or Dembele would put us in a great great position to win PL and CL. If we have the budget and they fit in, why not?

Our front 3 needs competition, not because they are not god but they should be able to rest when needed.

I don't fancy Sarr, his stats are not that good and he needs to prove his worth but Klopp and the scouts know better. As for Dembele, having him on loan would be good for all parties

Dembele is top quality no doubt but his injury record already at his age is extremely concerning for me so I'd pass on that move.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42907: Sep 22, 2020 05:54:17 pm
      Before I see any other forward come in I want to see a decent CB first, Fabinho did well and can do a job but I want him in front of that defence, not in it.

I was already of the opinion that because we have so many midfielders that 4th choice CB was going to be Fabinho's role to get him more playtime. He having that fantastic display against Chelsea i think only solidifies that belief.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42908: Sep 22, 2020 05:55:01 pm
      Dembele is top quality no doubt but his injury record already at his age is extremely concerning for me so I'd pass on that move.

Man what a fall from grace for Dembele. Unless cheap i don't think i really want him either, and given how much he cost Barcelona i doubt they'd be willing to let him go cheap either.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42909: Sep 22, 2020 05:55:09 pm
      Such a nice way to put it. In truth every party is haggling to get the best deal for themselves. Buyer, seller, player and agent.

I won't be surprised if someone comes up and says the player is willing to sacrifice development and winning things for wages and bonuses. I'll have to respectfully disagree on that. Of course you've got to go out there and earn as much as you can while securing a starting role consistently.

Today I heard club are taking their time with brewster, determined he gets the right club, treating the sale like a loan deal.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42910: Sep 22, 2020 08:08:14 pm
      I was already of the opinion that because we have so many midfielders that 4th choice CB was going to be Fabinho's role to get him more playtime. He having that fantastic display against Chelsea i think only solidifies that belief.

My only problem with that is I think he’s our most important midfielder, especially against the big teams, whenever we play a more attacking team and he isn’t there, you can literally see the gaping hole, so I want there to be another option to distance him from that responsibility, because if he’s fit, he’s the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42911: Sep 23, 2020 06:12:34 am
      My only problem with that is I think he’s our most important midfielder, especially against the big teams, whenever we play a more attacking team and he isn’t there, you can literally see the gaping hole, so I want there to be another option to distance him from that responsibility, because if he’s fit, he’s the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.

If Thiago and Henderson play, I'm ok with Fabinho at CB if it's needed.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #42912: Sep 23, 2020 01:49:09 pm
      Today I heard club are taking their time with brewster, determined he gets the right club, treating the sale like a loan deal.

Brilliant. That's the power of Michael Edwards' deal structuring.

Did I read correctly? He collected money like a sale while masking the deal as a loan that retains our rights to the kid? He's the master of deal making. Could have been doing deals on Wall Street. "He's actually a loan but pay me money upfront as though it's a sale". Give me just half of his brilliance. That would do.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #42913: Sep 23, 2020 03:49:32 pm
      Burnley apparently close to a deal for Harry Wilson worth £15m. Sky reporting it so take it with a pinch of salt.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42914: Sep 23, 2020 04:08:36 pm
      Burnley apparently close to a deal for Harry Wilson worth £15m. Sky reporting it so take it with a pinch of salt.

That would be unfortunate for Wilson to go play thug football.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42915: Sep 23, 2020 04:46:32 pm
      That would be unfortunate for Wilson to go play thug football.

He could find some joy from set pieces for them.

I think with the news that crowds won't be returning any time soon, we might be a little more like to accept deals for some of our fringe players that we wouldn't have accepted beforehand. Not sure what the financial difference will be on offers from player to player, but we might not be as inclined to hold out for better offers on some of them, because they may be less likely to get any better now.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #42916: Sep 23, 2020 06:06:32 pm
      When will the Sarr and Dembele deals be done ???

And what is taking so long on Koulibaly ???

Tick-tok.....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #42917: Sep 23, 2020 09:50:03 pm
      15 million deal for Harry Wilson close apparently

Quick Reply