Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179211 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42918: Sep 24, 2020 09:17:48 am
      He could find some joy from set pieces for them.

I think with the news that crowds won't be returning any time soon, we might be a little more like to accept deals for some of our fringe players that we wouldn't have accepted beforehand. Not sure what the financial difference will be on offers from player to player, but we might not be as inclined to hold out for better offers on some of them, because they may be less likely to get any better now.

but I thought we don't care about money, I mean we are happy to lose £25m on Gini next summer right?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42919: Sep 24, 2020 10:41:01 am
      but I thought we don't care about money, I mean we are happy to lose £25m on Gini next summer right?

We are not losing anything on Gini. The club has been shrewd in its transfer business, getting top value for players who weren't necessarily offering anything on the park. Gini is a first team player who made 47 appearances for us last season.

You are like watching a kid riding a carousel who just shouts the same thing each time he spins around but then apparently can't hear the replies.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #42920: Sep 24, 2020 01:35:50 pm
      We are not losing anything on Gini. The club has been shrewd in its transfer business, getting top value for players who weren't necessarily offering anything on the park. Gini is a first team player who made 47 appearances for us last season.

You are like watching a kid riding a carousel who just shouts the same thing each time he spins around but then apparently can't hear the replies.

I'm just baffled by the number of people who continue to reply.  Ignore the kid and he may eventually shut up.... 🤣
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42921: Sep 24, 2020 01:37:08 pm
      I'm just baffled by the number of people who continue to reply.  Ignore the kid and he may eventually shut up.... 🤣

He targets anyone that answers him.

Proper wum.

Had him on ignore for years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42922: Sep 24, 2020 01:44:11 pm

Looking forward to the inevitable day when he actually starts arguing with himself
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42923: Sep 24, 2020 01:52:20 pm
      He targets anyone that answers him.

Proper wum.

Had him on ignore for years.

I actually just took him off ignore in the past month, after more than a year.

Starting to regret it...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42924: Sep 24, 2020 01:57:58 pm
      I actually just took him off ignore in the past month, after more than a year.

Starting to regret it...

Schoolboy error mate ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42925: Sep 24, 2020 02:07:46 pm

Was driven by my Judeo-Christian tradition of compassion, grace and understanding.... :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42926: Sep 24, 2020 02:15:25 pm
      Was driven by my Judeo-Christian tradition of compassion, grace and understanding.... :)

See my previous post ;)

As an ex-catholic, I gave up guilt a long time ago  :laugh:
      People shouldn't need a bloke in a frock to tell them how to behave :)

Anyway, back on topic.
      I hear the Gini's a bit of a c**t, running his contract down.
      Not like he's put a massive shift in for us, and might want a new challenge.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42927: Sep 24, 2020 02:31:45 pm
      See my previous post ;)

As an ex-catholic, I gave up guilt a long time ago  :laugh:
      People shouldn't need a bloke in a frock to tell them how to behave :)

Anyway, back on topic.
      I hear the Gini's a bit of a c**t, running his contract down.
      Not like he's put a massive shift in for us, and might want a new challenge.

Not guilt-driven, but anyway...

Yeah, it's like he thinks he gets to decide where he works or something.

I just don't know why he keeps being selected given that he brings so little to the team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42928: Sep 24, 2020 04:03:45 pm
      Not guilt-driven, but anyway...

Yeah, it's like he thinks he gets to decide where he works or something.

I just don't know why he keeps being selected given that he brings so little to the team.

Sorry, my bad, should have been clearer; I was talking about my experience with catholicism. Guilt is the control mechanism.

I don't have a bad word to say about Gini.
      If he leaves, he leaves.
      He's done us proud and played his part in our success.

I'd be happier if he stayed, but the fact is, players move on for a variety of reasons.
      Jones will be a year older and better, other young lads too.
      We got him for a good price. £25 million was money well spent.

That's if he even goes, nothing is certain.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #42929: Sep 26, 2020 02:23:16 pm
      Not a surprise to anyone but I think the rest of this window will be trying to sell some of the fringe players.

I am however asking myself the following question: considering all the talk about a 2nd and eventually a 3rd wave and the plans to get back fans into the stadiums looking very shaky as a result, are we better off aggressively trying to sell those players right now while teams still have some money and some willingness to do business or are we still better off sticking to our price tags even if it means stalling some of those exists into a relatively uncertain future?

I read, at the beginning of the summer, that we were willing to keep some of those players an extra year if it means selling at the price tag we set for them, but back then most people thought we could get fans in the stadiums around the october/november part of the season. It seems we're slowly seeing those plans getting scrapped.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42930: Sep 26, 2020 03:06:08 pm
      Still no closures on Wilson, Grujic, Karius, Brewster transfers.
      Or potentially Origi.

Though Grujic did well the other night, albeit against Lincoln.

Looks like they're going down to the why-ah..
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42931: Sep 26, 2020 03:17:13 pm
      I’d be tempted to keep Grujic if he’s willing to be a cup player, especially if Fabinho is covering CB, will give more chance to give Fab a rest if he ever needs it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #42932: Sep 26, 2020 03:31:46 pm
      I’d keep Grujic. I think there’s a player there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42933: Sep 27, 2020 12:14:26 am
      Karius to be loaned to Union Berlin this week for the season, per James Pearce.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #42934: Sep 28, 2020 05:00:08 pm
      Karius to be loaned to Union Berlin this week for the season, per James Pearce.

I hope he can get his career back on track.  I know there were many among us (myself included) who resented the lad for costing us the CL final, but I think it's safe to say no one feels worse about those mistakes than him.  Imagine being 1st choice keeper for LFC in a CL final, then getting sent away and watching your replacement lift both the CL and Prem in subsequent seasons. 
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42935: Sep 29, 2020 12:33:03 pm
      After starting the way we have, not sure we 'need' to sign anyone else.
      But if we were to, a CB might round things off.
      Matip is good when in form, but fitness wise he's not dependable.
      Anything happens to Gomez/VVD, and though Fab can do a great job there, we loose him from the middle.

Looking at Citeh, they've had defensive problems at season start, and go out and spend 65million on a CB. Ridiculous.
      Know we're not going to do that - but that's what we're up against.

Would still expect some players to leave, probably some 'who blinks first' going on at the moment. So money will come in.
      Even a CB that could come in and play in EFL/FA cup matches etc. just so we don't have to line VVD/Gomez out in them too, but still keep us competitive at the back, cause we have great backup in other areas of the pitch.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42936: Sep 29, 2020 01:54:35 pm
      After starting the way we have, not sure we 'need' to sign anyone else.
      But if we were to, a CB might round things off.
      Matip is good when in form, but fitness wise he's not dependable.
      Anything happens to Gomez/VVD, and though Fab can do a great job there, we loose him from the middle.

Looking at Citeh, they've had defensive problems at season start, and go out and spend 65million on a CB. Ridiculous.
      Know we're not going to do that - but that's what we're up against.

Would still expect some players to leave, probably some 'who blinks first' going on at the moment. So money will come in.
      Even a CB that could come in and play in EFL/FA cup matches etc. just so we don't have to line VVD/Gomez out in them too, but still keep us competitive at the back, cause we have great backup in other areas of the pitch.

MCity are dumb. I think that we've shown that we're right to do things differently with a clear vision and strategy. Last season, we were all crying for another striker, we godt none but still won the league. This time, we all want another CB but we have Fabinho, some youngster who can step in and Klopp belives that will do. I trust him even though I would prefer to have another CB in the team.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42937: Sep 30, 2020 06:29:49 pm
      Echo reporting we've had bids for Grujic, Wilson and Brewster totalling around £60 million.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42938: Sep 30, 2020 06:38:25 pm
      Echo reporting we've had bids for Grujic, Wilson and Brewster totalling around £60 million.

If we do, that would be more excellent business this summer.
      And would wish all three of them the VERY best with their future clubs [but lets see].
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42939: Sep 30, 2020 09:52:54 pm

Actually it says the combined asking price for those three is about 60 million, but just says bids have been made for those three. Haggling about the price I guess.

Would that amount put us in the black, re transfers in and out? Pretty close I'm thinking.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42940: Sep 30, 2020 11:04:10 pm
      Unless he's pushing for a move, I still don't get why Brewster would be sold when he can go on loan.

Either way, his future as a significant contributor at Liverpool now that we have Minamino and Jota is less than guaranteed, so i can see why he'd want to move and get 1st team minutes at a lesser team.

Quick Reply