Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179170 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42941: Sep 30, 2020 11:21:37 pm
      Unless he's pushing for a move, I still don't get why Brewster would be sold when he can go on loan.

Either way, his future as a significant contributor at Liverpool now that we have Minamino and Jota is less than guaranteed, so i can see why he'd want to move and get 1st team minutes at a lesser team.

I think we need the money to balance the books a bit after signing Thiago and Jota.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #42942: Sep 30, 2020 11:43:13 pm
      Unless he's pushing for a move, I still don't get why Brewster would be sold when he can go on loan.

Either way, his future as a significant contributor at Liverpool now that we have Minamino and Jota is less than guaranteed, so i can see why he'd want to move and get 1st team minutes at a lesser team.

May be this: https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/09/08/buy-back-clause-would-make-rhian-brewster-sale-an-inspired-one/
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42943: Oct 01, 2020 12:03:02 am
      I think we need the money to balance the books a bit after signing Thiago and Jota.

Mods: please add a facepalm smiley. Thx.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42944: Oct 01, 2020 12:07:31 am

Maybe, but at only 20 you can still send him out and reassess next year. Selling to then (potentially) buy back at a higher price does not quite resonate with me.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #42945: Oct 01, 2020 12:09:29 am

I think it might come down to the buy-back clause. You could probably send him back on loan to Swansea or find another Championship team that would guarantee him the minutes but it would still be a notch below the level you want him to play next to develop the way the staff seems to want him to.

The problem on the other hand with the PL is that its a small market with lots of quality (even below mid table). The minutes are far from guaranteed apart from maybe a club or two if you send him on loan and those clubs look sh*t enough to just ruin him on their way down to the Championship.

If you sell him, to someone like Sheffield, at a good price like the one rumoured, you are giving them a bit more of an incentive to capitalise on the asset they just acquired. Sheffield is gonna struggle this year because they have not spent enough last year and this summer. They are, however,  one or two players away from taking a significant stride towards securing their stay in the league.

The luxury of inserting a buy-back clause is a byproduct of you selling to Sheffield and not Leicester or a club with slightly higher aspirations and Sheffield being desperate for goals (something they lacked a lot last year)

All in all, I think its a another fantastic reading of the room by Klopp, Edwards and co. Cash in on a good fee for a kid who wont play anyway, the fee is an incentive for the club to not f**k around with the player, the club itself seems like a good fit and not just any garbage bottom of the league team who is assured of relegation. It makes sense in my opinion
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42946: Oct 01, 2020 12:28:18 am
      I think it might come down to the buy-back clause. You could probably send him back on loan to Swansea or find another Championship team that would guarantee him the minutes but it would still be a notch below the level you want him to play next to develop the way the staff seems to want him to.

The problem on the other hand with the PL is that its a small market with lots of quality (even below mid table). The minutes are far from guaranteed apart from maybe a club or two if you send him on loan and those clubs look sh*t enough to just ruin him on their way down to the Championship.

If you sell him, to someone like Sheffield, at a good price like the one rumoured, you are giving them a bit more of an incentive to capitalise on the asset they just acquired. Sheffield is gonna struggle this year because they have not spent enough last year and this summer. They are, however,  one or two players away from taking a significant stride towards securing their stay in the league.

The luxury of inserting a buy-back clause is a byproduct of you selling to Sheffield and not Leicester or a club with slightly higher aspirations and Sheffield being desperate for goals (something they lacked a lot last year)

All in all, I think its a another fantastic reading of the room by Klopp, Edwards and co. Cash in on a good fee for a kid who wont play anyway, the fee is an incentive for the club to not f**k around with the player, the club itself seems like a good fit and not just any garbage bottom of the league team who is assured of relegation. It makes sense in my opinion

Great paragraph and agree on all points.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42947: Oct 01, 2020 07:14:44 am
      I'd rather keep Brewster rather than Origi. I always hoped that Origi would become a great striker. I even wrote that I thought he could be ahead of Lukaku for Belgium at one point. I was wrong. It's time to move on. He cannot be relied upon. Against Luton, he was poor and it was the youngsters who were playing like senior players. He scored a goal which would have been saved by any PL goalkeeper.

I'm not bashing, but just saying that if we have to sell someone, it should be Origi who has had more than enough chances.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42948: Oct 01, 2020 09:16:42 am
      I even wrote that I thought he could be ahead of Lukaku for Belgium at one point.

I think he actually was ahead of Lukaku - if only for a short while. Might have been during the 2014 World Cup, because he signed that same summer and I remember taking the piss out of a few blues because of it at the time
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42949: Oct 01, 2020 12:11:15 pm
      I'd rather keep Brewster rather than Origi. I always hoped that Origi would become a great striker. I even wrote that I thought he could be ahead of Lukaku for Belgium at one point. I was wrong. It's time to move on. He cannot be relied upon. Against Luton, he was poor and it was the youngsters who were playing like senior players. He scored a goal which would have been saved by any PL goalkeeper.

I'm not bashing, but just saying that if we have to sell someone, it should be Origi who has had more than enough chances.

Jota, taki, jones, ox & shaq are all ahead of origi now in terms of subbing for attack minded players.

If I was Origi I would be wanting away myself, but hes maybe giving it another season, hopefully pick up more winners medals. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42950: Oct 01, 2020 05:26:49 pm
      I think he actually was ahead of Lukaku - if only for a short while. Might have been during the 2014 World Cup, because he signed that same summer and I remember taking the piss out of a few blues because of it at the time

Was playing ahead of Lukaku in the Belgian World Cup squad too!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42951: Oct 01, 2020 08:42:28 pm
      Jota, taki, jones, ox & shaq are all ahead of origi now in terms of subbing for attack minded players.

If I was Origi I would be wanting away myself, but hes maybe giving it another season, hopefully pick up more winners medals. ;D

Big Div should never have to buy another beer whenever he's in town, but we do need better than him and got it with Taki and Jota.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42952: Oct 02, 2020 03:51:33 pm
      The stuff Edwards can do, you wonder if staff members went for transfer fees, what would he be worth? Guys literally the Messi of transfers  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42953: Oct 03, 2020 06:16:38 am
      The stuff Edwards can do, you wonder if staff members went for transfer fees, what would he be worth? Guys literally the Messi of transfers  :lmao:

Should that not be Ronaldo  :f_whistle:
      Kopite78
      Reply #42954: Oct 03, 2020 08:18:51 am

The best Ronaldo retired a few years ago
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42955: Oct 03, 2020 01:47:39 pm
      Is there any word on how much the buy back clause is for Brewster? All i read is the sell on clause being 15 percent
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42956: Oct 03, 2020 07:19:16 pm
      Is there any word on how much the buy back clause is for Brewster? All i read is the sell on clause being 15 percent

I saw 40 million but I have no idea how credible that is. I don't expect him ever to return.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42957: Oct 03, 2020 07:41:55 pm
      I saw 40 million but I have no idea how credible that is. I don't expect him ever to return.

I agree I think the chances of him coming back are low but it is nice to have that card in our back pocket if a couple years from now he is banging in goals.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #42958: Oct 03, 2020 08:37:04 pm
      I read Haaland has a release clause which can be activated at the end of the season? Talk about succession planning for Bobby - he would be incredible.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #42959: Oct 03, 2020 08:37:30 pm
      Any idea who the clubs linked to Shaqiri are?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42960: Oct 03, 2020 08:56:01 pm
      I read Haaland has a release clause which can be activated at the end of the season? Talk about succession planning for Bobby - he would be incredible.

He would want to come too I reckon
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #42961: Oct 03, 2020 08:56:20 pm

Certainly need to start to think about succession planning with the ages of front 3
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #42962: Oct 03, 2020 10:42:55 pm
      Certainly need to start to think about succession planning with the ages of front 3

Minamino (25) and Jota (23).  Sorted 😁
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #42963: Oct 03, 2020 11:17:30 pm
      Minamino (25) and Jota (23).  Sorted 😁

Do you think Minamino is good enough or will be good enough to lead the line on a regular basis for years like Bobby ?

Quick Reply