Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179176 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43562: Jan 12, 2021 05:04:50 pm
      Why are you mad at us when you're the one not knowing the difference between revenue, cost and profit?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #43563: Jan 12, 2021 05:07:03 pm
      Why are you mad at us when you're the one not knowing the difference between revenue, cost and profit?

Best leave it, there's some condescending tw*ts on here who would rather abuse people than explain. BTW not aimed at you CT.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #43564: Jan 12, 2021 05:10:01 pm
      No they arenā€™t. Revenue is income in the most simple sense. Profit is what takes costs and revenue into account.

And if you donā€™t believe me (which you wonā€™t)

Revenue is the income generated from normal business operations and includes discounts and deductions for returned merchandise. It is the top line or gross income figure from which costs are subtracted to determine net income.Oct 1, 2020
      Investopedia ā€ŗ terms ā€ŗ revenue
      Revenue Definition - Investopedia

To be more specific, revenue from sports teams or businesses typically originate from three major sources:
      1) matchday (or race day for F1)
      2) broadcast revenue
      3) sponsorships

These are streams of revenue you earn. Covid has led to loss of revenue especially from matchday. Itā€™s not exactly revenue going negative but loss of revenue collection.

The club still has to pay salaries and other operational costs (albeit some savings from scaled down operations). This could result in lower net profit or in the worst case, net losses (negative profit for some peopleā€™s understanding).

The football money league report usually deals with revenue. Because nobody can get the clubsā€™ salaries right, and profit and loss from player sales, itā€™s a tall order to estimate net profit reasonably. But you can calculate a ballpark estimate of matchday, broadcast and sponsorship revenue with publicly available information (shirt deals, TV deals, stadium capacity and average ticket prices etc.)

Iā€™ve some knowledge on the sports business which is why Iā€™m sharing. And pardon me when I say a player is too expensive or a deal is good (like acquiring for free and selling for a profit or taking Coutinho back on a free) because it is this financial aspect is where Iā€™m coming from, unlike those of us who need to ā€œbuy a particular player at all costsā€.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #43565: Jan 12, 2021 05:17:44 pm
      The oracle is out again I see spouting the same sanctimonious  sh*te
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43566: Jan 12, 2021 05:38:07 pm
      Does LFC publish a statement of cash flows? Because ultimately cash is what really matters.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #43567: Jan 12, 2021 05:41:58 pm
      Does LFC publish a statement of cash flows? Because ultimately cash is what really matters.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

Select the filing dated 4 March 2020.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43568: Jan 12, 2021 05:51:29 pm

Good stuff. Their FCF was >100% of their reported income, always good to see and shows they are managing the business well, but 37M is not a lot of cash when you have so many fixed expenses and not getting any money in from attendance.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43569: Jan 12, 2021 06:41:45 pm
      Popped in to see what was happening on this thread  but reading this then won't be hanging around
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #43570: Jan 12, 2021 08:07:55 pm
      Fabinho and Williams could go down long term and he wouldn't sign anyone. Just play hendo and philips at the back no doubt.

We arnt signing anyone ...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #43571: Jan 13, 2021 12:58:08 am
       :f_whistle:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #43572: Jan 13, 2021 01:43:23 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43573: Jan 13, 2021 08:46:53 am
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #43574: Jan 13, 2021 06:18:18 pm
      Thought it was a Liverpool transfer forum but looks more like a financial forum
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43575: Jan 13, 2021 07:02:56 pm
      Thought it was a Liverpool transfer forum but looks more like a financial forum

If you can't see how they're related we can't help ya.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43576: Jan 13, 2021 08:02:53 pm
      F**k sake are we really not getting anyone??
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #43577: Jan 13, 2021 08:43:04 pm
      Really odd if we don't sign anyone. Without another CB we will almost certainly not win the title (unless we get really lucky with Fab and, in particular, Matip). Whereas with another CB, I would make us favourites (maybe joint favourites with City).

I know that money is tight for everybody, but that means players should be available cheaper, as some clubs need to sell, and others can't afford to buy (or at least to spend as much when they do).

We need to look at the fact that we will probably need to buy a CB in the summer anyway (cos of Matip's injury issues, Gomez likewise has got a pretty big injury history, and now that c**t Pickford has even left Virgil with a question mark about how resilient he will be after he comes back. Painful to even think about that, I know, but it has to be done. Hopefully he will be back as strong and durable as before, but we don't know that, and anyway the other 2 are definitely already injury prone.)

Basically if JĆ¼rgen doesn't think Phillips or Williams are going to cut it long term, we will need somebody else as cover at the very least anyway. So we should get them in now when prices are lower (even if it means taking on a bit more debt or whatever). We're only postponing the expense by delaying, and the price of the postponement is likely to be this season's title chances.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #43578: Jan 13, 2021 09:10:38 pm
      Militao Is available on loan for 2,5 mil
      RM has announced

We should jump at this
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #43579: Jan 14, 2021 02:14:39 am
      Militao Is available on loan for 2,5 mil
      RM has announced

We should jump at this

We should be all over this... was solid against us when we played Porto..I hope our Brazilian players help
      Seal this one..
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #43580: Jan 14, 2021 05:00:03 am
      We should be all over this... was solid against us when we played Porto..I hope our Brazilian players help
      Seal this one..

Don't know much about him but if he's good enough and available, it would be dumb not to sign him. Transfers involve risks.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43581: Jan 14, 2021 10:16:34 am
      We wont break the bank during covid. and selling clubs probably wanting silly money for same reason.

LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43582: Jan 14, 2021 10:26:54 am
      Rightly or wrongly, FSG maybe think that having their pants pulled down to the tune of potentially 10's of millions to sign someone 6 months early just isn't justifiable. The amount we potentially overpay for someone now may be the difference between signing an extra player in the summer.

That's not to say I think we shouldn't sign anyone, but we're not City, Chelsea or United, we can't just throw another Ā£15m at someone to seal the deal.

I do think Edwards has the nous to pull something off that (if there is one) the selling club will be happy with, but no one outside of the club has a clue what is going on behind the scenes.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #43583: Jan 14, 2021 10:30:23 am
      RM wants to send him on loan and the option to buy him at the end of loan, if he works out we would have the option sign him or send him back. With the situation at back itā€™s a no-brainer
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43584: Jan 14, 2021 10:30:56 am
      Rightly or wrongly, FSG maybe think that having their pants pulled down to the tune of potentially 10's of millions to sign someone 6 months early just isn't justifiable. The amount we potentially overpay for someone now may be the difference between signing an extra player in the summer.

That's not to say I think we shouldn't sign anyone, but we're not City, Chelsea or United, we can't just throw another Ā£15m at someone to seal the deal.

I do think Edwards has the nous to pull something off that (if there is one) the selling club will be happy with, but no one outside of the club has a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

We dont have to sign a megastar. There are players out there be it premier league or elsewhere who can do a job to ease our issues for 5 months. Garay on a free is my go to

Quick Reply