Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179156 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43585: Jan 14, 2021 11:46:54 am
      We dont have to sign a megastar. There are players out there be it premier league or elsewhere who can do a job to ease our issues for 5 months. Garay on a free is my go to

Would much rather Militio at Madrid available for 6 months would be much better fellow Brazilian for Fab
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43586: Jan 14, 2021 11:52:40 am
      We dont have to sign a megastar. There are players out there be it premier league or elsewhere who can do a job to ease our issues for 5 months. Garay on a free is my go to

I agree, but I thought there has been stories that Jürgen doesn't do short term fixes?
      No disrespect to Williams or Phillips, but there has to be better players out there who would be able to come in and do a job for an affordable price.
      It is down to Jürgen & Michael Edwards think thrash out the risk/reward and then decide whether to pull the trigger on a new signing or go with what we have.
      I think their decision would be easier if Matip wasn't made of glass and paper mache, as he will no doubt be injured again within weeks of his latest return.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43587: Jan 14, 2021 12:29:00 pm
      F**k sake are we really not getting anyone??

Hopefully........... Not.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43588: Jan 14, 2021 01:06:26 pm
      Militao Is available on loan for 2,5 mil
      RM has announced

We should jump at this

That's a no-brainer get him signed on loan. Surely we must have money for loan signings.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #43589: Jan 14, 2021 02:56:05 pm
      Rightly or wrongly, FSG maybe think that having their pants pulled down to the tune of potentially 10's of millions to sign someone 6 months early just isn't justifiable. The amount we potentially overpay for someone now may be the difference between signing an extra player in the summer.

That's not to say I think we shouldn't sign anyone, but we're not City, Chelsea or United, we can't just throw another £15m at someone to seal the deal.

I do think Edwards has the nous to pull something off that (if there is one) the selling club will be happy with, but no one outside of the club has a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

Isn't the prize money of EPL title winning and UCL/FA win or throgh to later rounds more than enough to compensate that money?
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43590: Jan 14, 2021 03:37:35 pm
      Isn't the prize money of EPL title winning and UCL/FA win or throgh to later rounds more than enough to compensate that money?

It isn't for me to decide, people with far, far more data on the subject will have no doubt studied the numbers and come to their own conclusion.
      Until we hit 11pm on Feb 1st we won't know what that decision was.

What I will say is that we may net (I'm pulling random figures out of the air here) £30m extra for winning the league. Is it wise to spend that amount of money on a player who would normally be worth only £15m during the summer? Like I said in my earlier post, we aren't City, where an extra £10m to secure a player is virtually nothing to them in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying I don't think we should buy someone, I'm trying to explain that the decision to sign someone isn't as straightforward as "need centre half, buy centre half".
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #43591: Jan 14, 2021 04:24:57 pm
      It isn't for me to decide, people with far, far more data on the subject will have no doubt studied the numbers and come to their own conclusion.

What I will say is that we may net (I'm pulling random figures out of the air here) £30m extra for winning the league. Is it wise to spend that amount of money on a player who would normally be worth only £15m during the summer? Like I said in my earlier post, we aren't City, where an extra £10m to secure a player is virtually nothing to them in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying I don't think we should buy someone, I'm trying to explain that the decision to sign someone isn't as straightforward as "need centre half, buy centre half".

I see mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43592: Jan 14, 2021 04:28:37 pm

It is always worth spending money to win the league, especially if its a loan signing. Plus if you get a good defender even if you overpay a bit it will be a good investment in the long run.  I am absolutely baffled why we did not have someone lined up on the 1st January
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #43593: Jan 14, 2021 04:47:45 pm
      It is always worth spending money to win the league, especially if its a loan signing. Plus if you get a good defender even if you overpay a bit it will be a good investment in the long run.  I am absolutely baffled why we did not have someone lined up on the 1st January

Is football players from outside of England need 14 days quarantine?, if so maybe tomorrow . . .   haha  :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43594: Jan 14, 2021 04:56:27 pm

I think its more the money were losing on matchdays due to covid, and no real date in sight for fans returning to the grounds.

losing money every matchday.

Only have to look at whats going on at derby, cant pay wages, to see why the club are nervous about spending any money at all during this time.

Even bringing a loan player in, is more wages. I do wonder if they maybe have to shift someone of the wage bill to get someone else in.

Clubs are going bust. :-(
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #43595: Jan 14, 2021 05:03:06 pm
      I think its more the money were losing on matchdays due to covid, and no real date in sight for fans returning to the grounds.

Only have to look at whats going on at derby, cant pay wages, to see why the club are nervous about spending any money at all during this time.

Even bringing a loan player in, is more wages. I do wonder if they maybe have to shift someone of the wage bill to get someone else in.

Clubs have been going bust for years. It's a gamble whether the outlay would be covered by improved PL or CL position. We'll all be wise after the event. We may be lucky and continue to do OK with no fit first team centre backs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43596: Jan 14, 2021 05:41:56 pm
      Clubs have been going bust for years. It's a gamble whether the outlay would be covered by improved PL or CL position. We'll all be wise after the event. We may be lucky and continue to do OK with no fit first team centre backs.

off course they have, through poor management at board level, but this is very very different.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43597: Jan 14, 2021 06:32:01 pm

We could borrow the money if need be, rates are historically low. Speculate to accumulate.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #43598: Jan 14, 2021 06:38:32 pm
      If we want to win the league and or the CL we must sign a centre back. If united beat us on Sunday its 6 points deficate. How long have we got till the end of the season on a make back CB and a CB made of glass
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43599: Jan 14, 2021 07:28:23 pm
      We could borrow the money if need be, rates are historically low. Speculate to accumulate.

They probably could, but cant see FSG even doing that, in these uncertain times.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43600: Jan 14, 2021 07:30:04 pm
      James Pearce again confirmed, very unlikley they will get a CB unless something radical changes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #43601: Jan 15, 2021 12:10:55 am
      James Pearce again confirmed, very unlikley they will get a CB unless something radical changes.

We're promoting quorn to get money in that's how cash strapped we are ffs we can forget about signing a new player for a long time.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #43602: Jan 15, 2021 12:15:14 am
      As much as it is frustrating to see time pass without us getting someone I think the mistake was going into the season with 3 Cb's. As much as I love Klopp and respect him, him and all his staff are still just humans and do commit mistakes. If your plan B is playing a midfielder as a CB then there's a problem especially going into a season everybody was predicting as being one where a lot of players will get injured.

If you add to this the fact that Matip is literally injured every two games or so and that everybody knows that he will be sidelined way more minutes than he will be available then playing Fab at the back isn't even worthy of the term ''Plan B''. It was literally a ''plan A 1/2''.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43603: Jan 15, 2021 08:29:15 am

Something radical not having any fit CB's in the the team, how much more f**king radical does it need to get for these fuckwits owners at the club????  I just cannot understand why we are not at least getting someone in on loan are we on the cusp of bankruptcy or something?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43604: Jan 15, 2021 08:32:26 am
      We're promoting quorn to get money in that's how cash strapped we are ffs we can forget about signing a new player for a long time.

Yes what is that sh*t about, #meatfreematchdays, might explain our recent performances, do they really think most fans are woke or give a sh*t about this???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43605: Jan 15, 2021 08:35:59 am
      As much as it is frustrating to see time pass without us getting someone I think the mistake was going into the season with 3 Cb's. As much as I love Klopp and respect him, him and all his staff are still just humans and do commit mistakes. If your plan B is playing a midfielder as a CB then there's a problem especially going into a season everybody was predicting as being one where a lot of players will get injured.

If you add to this the fact that Matip is literally injured every two games or so and that everybody knows that he will be sidelined way more minutes than he will be available then playing Fab at the back isn't even worthy of the term ''Plan B''. It was literally a ''plan A 1/2''.

We went into the season with 2.5 CB's(Matip counts as half due to contact injuries), that's more than a mistake its criminally negligent, to then compound that error by not signing someone in January is simply astonishing to the point where you start wondering if they actually want further success, by they I'm referring to whoever it is who is blocking the purchase of another CB, be it the owners or Klopp himself.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #43606: Jan 15, 2021 10:46:34 am
      Yes what is that sh*t about, #meatfreematchdays, might explain our recent performances, do they really think most fans are woke or give a sh*t about this???

Hendo did not look impressed to be involved in that. I'm all for sustainability but don't be shoving quorn down people's throats that stuff is rotten.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #43607: Jan 15, 2021 02:06:10 pm
      Think we will get lad from Madrid Milatio

Quick Reply