Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179463 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43631: Jan 18, 2021 03:45:10 pm
      Look your lot had two shots on target, big whoop, both were fairly easily saved. We had numerous opportunities to at the very least test De Gea but unfortunately almost all the chances fell to the hapless Firminio who either scuffed his shot or fu**ed it up in some other way. We had more  opportunities to score than you did, not more shots on goal but more opportunities.
      What is a FACT is that last night was your best opportunity to beat us at Anfield for a long long time and your beloved team fu**ed it up, that gives me quite a lot of satisfaction ;-)

You've not answered my other post yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43632: Jan 18, 2021 03:46:27 pm
      You've not answered my other post yet.

what other question?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43633: Jan 18, 2021 03:48:59 pm

Been answered now.   :D I've just replied.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43634: Jan 18, 2021 03:53:40 pm
      Origi should be gone by now. It's clear he doesn't have the level to play here. As I wrote in another post, ManU brought Cavani in, we brought Origi... We should have better players on the bench. The shame is that our "striker" does not score. I'm tired of the excuses about Firmino's poor stats. He got several chances yesterday but messed up. 

A joke he came on ahead of Minamino. That lad had his best performance v Palace and we have not seen him since.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43635: Jan 18, 2021 03:54:08 pm
      Been answered now.   :D I've just replied.

Cool, I always pride myself on replying to my fans ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43636: Jan 18, 2021 03:56:01 pm
      A joke he came on ahead of Minamino. That lad had his best performance v Palace and we have not seen him since.

We just have to accept that Klopp really really likes Origi, Minamino not so much. From a footballing point of view its baffling but maybe Minamino is an utter c**t in the dressing room whereas Origi is the coolest dude you could ever hope to meet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43637: Jan 18, 2021 03:57:34 pm
      Look your lot had two shots on target, big whoop, both were fairly easily saved. We had numerous opportunities to at the very least test De Gea but unfortunately almost all the chances fell to the hapless Firminio who either scuffed his shot or fu**ed it up in some other way. We had more  opportunities to score than you did, not more shots on goal but more opportunities.
      What is a FACT is that last night was your best opportunity to beat us at Anfield for a long long time and your beloved team fu**ed it up, that gives me quite a lot of satisfaction ;-)

I know when I get in debate with you very hard to turn you around so won't attempt to try.  :D.  You didn't have numerous opportunities as you call it. You had ONE pretty good chance as stated. Classing what can only be described as quarter chances are not what I call clear chances. However, we shall agree to disagree on that one.

It is FACT that was our best chance to beat you (( as I've said in other threads )) we fu**ed up and quite rightly your  gloating about it which I would do the same if I was in that postition.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43638: Jan 18, 2021 04:04:27 pm
      I know when I get in debate with you very hard to turn you around so won't attempt to try.  :D.  You didn't have numerous opportunities as you call it. You had ONE pretty good chance as stated. Classing what can only be described as quarter chances are not what I call clear chances. However, we shall agree to disagree on that one.

It is FACT that was our best chance to beat you (( as I've said in other threads )) we fu**ed up and quite rightly your  gloating about it which I would do the same if I was in that postition.

OK we'll agree to disagree Keith, its a game both sides could have won with better finishing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43639: Jan 18, 2021 04:32:18 pm
      OK we'll agree to disagree Keith, its a game both sides could have won with better finishing.

That can be said in any match.  ;D However, if both teams did score their  best chances  United would of won.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #43640: Jan 18, 2021 05:13:05 pm
      I disagree, we actually created some decent chances, unfortunately most of them fell to Bobby, one in particular just needed Bobby to slot it either side of the keeper but he completely scuffed the shot, in several other situations the forwards were choosing to shoot rather than to pass, but to say we didn't have good situations/opportunities is not true.

As I said half openings Fernandez and Pogba had chances we had openings which I admit could and should have gone in but they weren't really clear chances but are the difference
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #43641: Jan 18, 2021 05:58:47 pm
      I'd say even in the second half where it was Mo against Shaw was a damned good chance, when on form Mo would easily control that ball and go on to score, the decision making is terrible for our forwards, its making them rush their game, far too often they shoot when they should pass and vice versa, I've said it before but there is some serious disharmony in that forward line, for 3 players who have played together for 3+ years now the understanding is awful. Just think back to great strike partnerships of the past and compare.
      There is no question that the 3 of them are going through a very dry patch. Usually at least one will still be firing. This, in my opinion, is indicative of the lack of clear chances we are able to feed them with (and this is despite me conceding that they are also out of form and should finish some of the chances that came their way in the past games)

In my opinion, we looked much better in the first half because Shaq was very active around the penalty box either carrying the ball or with his passes. He was, most of the time, acting almost like a no. 10. Wether this was Klopp's instructions or just him naturally drifting into these spaces is something I'd love to get an answer to. Unfortunately he did not start the 2nd half the same way he was playing in the 1st half. This is indicative of the need for finding a new balance, either through a formation change or a purely tactical one, that will provide us with more efficiency when we have the ball at our feet and still deal with the fact that VVD and Joe are out.

To connect this with the subject of this thread (transfers), I simply don't see the addition of a new CB as a solution to our current problems which, in short, are our inability to score more than the opposition despite having the ball most of the game.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #43642: Jan 18, 2021 10:37:43 pm
      Just heard through the grapevine we are nailed on to get diddly squat this window.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #43643: Jan 18, 2021 10:41:18 pm
      Just heard through the grapevine we are nailed on to get diddly squat this window.

Would take Diddly over Origi.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43644: Jan 19, 2021 07:53:42 am
      Oh look at that Villa about to spend £15M but the Champions don’t have a spare penny even for a loanee CB.............
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43645: Jan 19, 2021 08:32:13 am
      Oh look at that Villa about to spend £15M but the Champions don’t have a spare penny even for a loanee CB.............

pathetic isn't it, any other club would be bringing in a cb if in our position. I'd love to know who is blocking it, Klopp, Edwards or owners.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43646: Jan 19, 2021 08:34:16 am
      pathetic isn't it, any other club would be bringing in a cb if in our position. I'd love to know who is blocking it, Klopp, Edwards or owners.

Why on earth would Klopp block  a move?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43647: Jan 19, 2021 08:37:59 am
      Why on earth would Klopp block  a move?

Stubbornness, he has previously said he doesn't like loan signings and he prefers to wait for the perfect signing.  I would honestly not be that surprised if its him saying he doesn't need a CB unless he can get Virgil mark 2. 

I simply cannot believe that the owners/executives would block a loan signing if Klopp requested one, I mean how much would that cost, a few million?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43648: Jan 19, 2021 08:41:54 am
      Stubbornness, he has previously said he doesn't like loan signings and he prefers to wait for the perfect signing.  I would honestly not be that surprised if its him saying he doesn't need a CB unless he can get Virgil mark 2. 

I simply cannot believe that the owners/executives would block a loan signing if Klopp requested one, I mean how much would that cost, a few million?

Given the circumstances I can't see him putting a block unless it wasn't the player that fitted in with his requirements. Think your imagination getting carried away again.  :D

Virgil Mark 2? You'd be lucky in a January transfer window.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43649: Jan 19, 2021 08:45:42 am
      Given the circumstances I can't see him putting a block unless it wasn't the player that fitted in with his requirements. Think your imagination getting carried away again.  :D

Virgil Mark 2? You'd be lucky in a January transfer window.

Then the only conclusion is that the club won't sanction a few million quid and that is equally improbable when the result of that might be missing out on top 4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43650: Jan 19, 2021 08:49:04 am
      Then the only conclusion is that the club won't sanction a few million quid and that is equally improbable when the result of that might be missing out on top 4.

More chance of the club than Klopp that's for sure.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43651: Jan 19, 2021 08:51:54 am
      More chance of the club than Klopp that's for sure.

Why do you say that? Klopp is famously stubborn when it comes to signings and does not like stop gap solutions, perhaps he puts more faith in two young CB's he won't start than we realise ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43652: Jan 19, 2021 08:58:39 am
      Why do you say that? Klopp is famously stubborn when it comes to signings and does not like stop gap solutions, perhaps he puts more faith in two young CB's he won't start than we realise ;-)

For the same reason as you think it could be Klopp being stubborn. It's my opinion, it also wouldn't make sense as if he had opportunity to at least select one under a certain pay structure that was  sanctioned by the club ( even on loan ) it was make sense.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43653: Jan 19, 2021 09:07:39 am
      For the same reason as you think it could be Klopp being stubborn. It's my opinion, it also wouldn't make sense as if he had opportunity to at least select one under a certain pay structure that was  sanctioned by the club ( even on loan ) it was make sense.

I totally agree it doesn't make sense but neither does persisting with Bobby or a system which is obviously being neutralised at the moment, yet he is.

Quick Reply