Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199165 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44160: Feb 09, 2021 08:58:50 pm
      Out of interest, if we signed Mbapps and 1 or 2 more and sold nobody of importance and we go onto become regular champions and the financial plan put in place for it was the reason no big money was spent on defenders last month would it be deemed acceptale or worthwhile?

Though its a theoretical question answer it honestly and open mindedly. Dont skip around it with but we might not win titles etc
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44161: Feb 09, 2021 09:31:58 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #44162: Feb 09, 2021 10:28:52 pm
      Stan Collymore
      Stan Collymore: “Liverpool need to wake up and smell the coffee, which means FSG spending money to go toe-to-toe with City. If City go out and buy Erling Haaland this summer then Liverpool must buy the next Robert Lewandowski or even put in a bid for Harry Kane.”

“What they can’t do is just say, ‘We have a really good XI, some youngsters coming through, and we can maintain our challenges that way’, because there are too many other teams with the money to make sure that won’t be the case.”
      Harry Kane no thank you, always injured great player but no thank you
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #44163: Feb 09, 2021 10:30:33 pm
      Ah Stan Collymore, his genius has spoken
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44164: Feb 09, 2021 10:35:01 pm
      Mbappe not going to Liverpool even if you sell couple of players to fund it. FSG simply won't break their wage structure. You've more chance of getting Haaland even though I think he's City bound.

Like United I think the signings of these players are more luxury buys rather than imperative ones. Your in the same boat as us and need anther good CB. Remains to be seen if your recent acquisitions live up to the plate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44165: Feb 10, 2021 08:57:35 am
      Stan CollymoreHarry Kane no thank you, always injured great player but no thank you

Kane always injured???? He was supposed to be out for 6 weeks but missed only a few games, I wish that was the case with one of our players!!

I'd love to have Kane here, I think he's a superb striker, but age might be slightly against him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44166: Feb 10, 2021 08:59:11 am
      Mbappe not going to Liverpool even if you sell couple of players to fund it. FSG simply won't break their wage structure. You've more chance of getting Haaland even though I think he's City bound.

Like United I think the signings of these players are more luxury buys rather than imperative ones. Your in the same boat as us and need anther good CB. Remains to be seen if your recent acquisitions live up to the plate.

Haaland has the same pr**k manager as Pogba, not a chance in hell we do business with that snake Raiola. I think Haaland will go to City or Utd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44167: Feb 10, 2021 10:48:14 am
      Haaland has the same pr**k manager as Pogba, not a chance in hell we do business with that snake Raiola. I think Haaland will go to City or Utd.

I agree but more likely City due to the fact we have a temporary fix with Cavani for at least this season and the next.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44168: Feb 10, 2021 10:52:15 am
      Kane always injured???? He was supposed to be out for 6 weeks but missed only a few games, I wish that was the case with one of our players!!

I'd love to have Kane here, I think he's a superb striker, but age might be slightly against him.

Kane is world class but those ankles might take a few years off his career so I'd stay well away.

Hard to know where he'll go next but I'm sure City will take a good sniff. Or Real perhaps?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #44169: Feb 10, 2021 12:05:53 pm
      If you believe the rumors, Mbappe is the one Jürgen covets.

We will see. Don’t personally see how he fits our wage structure, but we still need to give Virg a new deal (and probably a couple others) so maybe they see it as doable.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #44170: Feb 10, 2021 12:27:33 pm
      Mbappe?

We couldn't even sign centre backs until we officially had zero centre backs available 😂

There's absolutely no chance we'll sign Mbappe, no chance
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44171: Feb 10, 2021 01:02:52 pm
      Kane is world class but those ankles might take a few years off his career so I'd stay well away.

Hard to know where he'll go next but I'm sure City will take a good sniff. Or Real perhaps?

Kane looks great when the team is set up for him.

Not so much when it's not.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44172: Feb 10, 2021 01:03:25 pm
      Mbappe?

We couldn't even sign centre backs until we officially had zero centre backs available 😂

Go and stir your sh*t somewhere else fella.

It's F***ing boring now.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44173: Feb 10, 2021 01:45:38 pm
      Stan CollymoreHarry Kane no thank you, always injured great player but no thank you

No idea who Stan Collymore is or Henry Winter, but neither appears to have any smarts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44174: Feb 10, 2021 01:48:28 pm
      No idea who Stan Collymore is or Henry Winter, but neither appears to have any smarts.

You don’t know who Collymore is..? How long have you been supporting us..?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44175: Feb 10, 2021 02:53:47 pm
      You don’t know who Collymore is..? How long have you been supporting us..?

Early 2000s
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #44176: Feb 10, 2021 03:34:34 pm
      I agree but more likely City due to the fact we have a temporary fix with Cavani for at least this season and the next.

And nothing to do with the links his arl fella had with City?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #44177: Feb 10, 2021 03:37:01 pm

Former big signing at £8 million in 1995. Played in and scored in one of the best ever Premier League games - the 1st 4-3 Newcastle game. Could have been a absolutely brilliant player if it wasn't for the mental health issues he had.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #44178: Feb 10, 2021 03:41:30 pm
      Someone above mentioned a clear out. I said a few days back that even had we won the league again I still believe this summer it needed refreshing anyway.

So who goes, who stays?

Looks like Gini is going. After that, for me, Id be letting Millie go. Shaq, Keita, Matip, Adrian, Origi, Wilson, Woodburn, Ojo, Karius

Ins? Right full or someone who can play there and at centre half. Centre mid, attacking mid, Forward
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #44179: Feb 10, 2021 03:42:43 pm
      Mbappe?

I'll remind you of this shitbag when our Basketball megastar director sweet talks M'bappe into signing for the reds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44180: Feb 10, 2021 03:55:02 pm
      And nothing to do with the links his arl fella had with City?

Never looked at it that way but yeah that also makes sense. My thinking was more that Aguero on his last legs now, espically with him being so injury prone. Even though covid will have impact on summer signings across the board due to his contract clause someone going to get a great deal with this lad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #44181: Feb 10, 2021 05:40:32 pm
      Just read an article saying should Dortmund fail to qualify for the champions league they have a list of 8 players to sell drawn up. Sancho and Halaand both on it
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2021 05:48:14 pm by Brian78 »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #44182: Feb 10, 2021 05:46:00 pm
      Just read an article saying should Dirtmund fail to qualify for the champions league tgey have a list of 8 players to sell drawn up. Sancho and Halaand both on it

That's a shame for Dortmund. It seems they are always selling but you seldom see them get established players in. They got 100M for Dembele and will get a ton for Sancho and Haaland but doubtful they will bring anyone else in of similar quality.

Quick Reply