Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179489 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44252: Feb 27, 2021 01:07:34 pm
      I tend to have the mindset that if a player is mentioned we are not looking

Hahahaha yeah, think I meant it more like I reckon every media outlet have a Fa Cup style draw we're they draw out names of players who they're going to link us to!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44253: Mar 01, 2021 05:54:26 pm
      We lead the race for Nehaus from Monchengladbach apparently. Gets some serious reviews this lad

This lad has release clause of 40 million Euro, about 35 million sterling. Might be something in this?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44254: Mar 03, 2021 03:33:30 pm
      Talk that Bayern on the verge of Koulibaly for 39 million. Hoe that cheap I dont know, hopefully thats a sign that clubs in trouble will let playrrs go on the chesp.

What this likely means is that Alaba wont be staying. Think we should stick our nise in thete. Can play centre half, left full and centre mid. Him on a fred leave a nice chunk.of cash in the pot to chuck towards Halland
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #44255: Mar 03, 2021 05:15:34 pm
      Talk that Bayern on the verge of Koulibaly for 39 million. Hoe that cheap I dont know, hopefully thats a sign that clubs in trouble will let playrrs go on the chesp.

What this likely means is that Alaba wont be staying. Think we should stick our nise in thete. Can play centre half, left full and centre mid. Him on a fred leave a nice chunk.of cash in the pot to chuck towards Halland

Alaba signing for Real isnā€™t he?

I wouldnā€™t wish financial trouble on clubs because I donā€™t think many will avoid it. Even if we donā€™t have ā€œtroubleā€ I very much doubt we have any money to bring in big signings this summer
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44256: Mar 03, 2021 05:37:06 pm
      Alaba signing for Real isnā€™t he?

I wouldnā€™t wish financial trouble on clubs because I donā€™t think many will avoid it. Even if we donā€™t have ā€œtroubleā€ I very much doubt we have any money to bring in big signings this summer

Dont think anything official mate, yet
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #44257: Mar 03, 2021 05:44:03 pm
      Dont think anything official mate, yet

His wage demands from what Iā€™ve read will definitely rule us out even if nothing official with Real
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #44258: Mar 04, 2021 03:07:42 pm
      Liverpool are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon left-back Nuno Mendes, who is valued at around Ā£60m, according to reports.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #44259: Mar 04, 2021 03:11:58 pm
      Liverpool are interested in signing Sporting Lisbon left-back Nuno Mendes, who is valued at around Ā£60m, according to reports.

:lmao:

Two things on this

We have a world class left back so donā€™t need to spend Ā£60m on a new one

We donā€™t have a pot to piss in in reality so the idea of signing a Ā£60m left back when we donā€™t need it is probably the best laugh Iā€™ve had all week
      So thanks
       :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #44260: Mar 04, 2021 04:14:21 pm

;D.

Must make Robbo valued at Ā£600 million.

Not bad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44261: Mar 04, 2021 04:27:29 pm

We'll sign Haaland and Mbappe before this happens.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44262: Mar 04, 2021 05:09:11 pm
      We'll sign Haaland and Mbappe before this happens.

If, we get these two & a CB Iā€™d be happy with our summer business.. thatā€™s without selling our trio upfront but I think one will go...

If we sold say Bobby for Ā£50 million ( hypothetical figure) & paid Ā£100 million for either one then thatā€™s good business...
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #44263: Mar 04, 2021 06:01:47 pm
      If, we get these two & a CB Iā€™d be happy with our summer business.. thatā€™s without selling our trio upfront but I think one will go...

If we sold say Bobby for Ā£50 million ( hypothetical figure) & paid Ā£100 million for either one then thatā€™s good business...

If we sold Bobby for Ā£50m we'll probably get a couple of kids for the academy and a striker from the lower levels of the bundesliga on the last day of the window. And we should all be made up about it because Covid.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #44264: Mar 04, 2021 06:43:37 pm

Literally zero chance ( less than zero ) of any of that happening mate
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44265: Mar 05, 2021 03:06:10 am
      Who are realistic guys that could come in? We spent money last summer with Thiago and Jota, so sadly I could see us getting a guy or two on the free and selling VVD as a new addition. Hope I'm wrong, but its a pandemic, so who knows.

I see Shaq, Ox, and Origi out for sure. It would be nice to get Wilson, Ojo and Gruic gone too, but whose gonna buy them in this market? I'd love to see us replace Gini with a guy like Tielemans, but that's wishful thinking. I see Elliot and Taki coming back to the squad

Do Bobby or Mane go on the market? The front 3 need a shakeup, more than Jota coming in and Bob going to the bench. All are damn near 30 now. Some hard truths have to be told, but again the timing sucks. No money coming in and a good chance at bot having the UCL to lure players coming in.

Realistically in my head:

CB[s?] - not Kabak
      MF - ideally a creative one
      RW / CF - would love Harvey Barnes. Depay on a free would be slick too
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 04:54:11 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44266: Mar 06, 2021 12:00:11 am

Yeah I'd settle for that too :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44267: Mar 06, 2021 12:21:28 pm
      ;D.

Must make Robbo valued at Ā£600 million.

Not bad.

Robbo is really not as good as some think, especially this season he's been bang average.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #44268: Mar 06, 2021 03:27:41 pm
      Robbo is really not as good as some think, especially this season he's been bang average.

When the attackers fail to convert chances to goals, then most likely the chance creators could look worse than what they actually are.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44269: Mar 06, 2021 03:50:07 pm
      When the attackers fail to convert chances to goals, then most likely the chance creators could look worse than what they actually are.

true but his crosses are simply not that good, very often he fails to beat the first man, his overlaps are not that good any more either and very often you'll see him turn and pass the ball backwards , when a bit of a dink/dribble would actually get him into a very dangerous position.

Then we have his finishing which has actually become comical, I'm at the stage that a shot on target from him surprises me.

As said I love the guy his passion is second only to Hendo but quality-wise he is no where near top 10 in the world, certainly not this season. Trent on the other hand shows flashes of true genius, he just needs to work a bit more on his defending, but that will come with age.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #44270: Mar 06, 2021 05:47:26 pm
      Munich can't live with Haaland at the moment what a player
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44271: Mar 07, 2021 11:50:28 am
      Some idle chat/rumours about Salah for Mbappe.
      Not as pressing as midfield or defence priorities but an interesting sell to buy conundrum.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44272: Mar 07, 2021 11:58:22 am
      Some idle chat/rumours about Salah for Mbappe.
      Not as pressing as midfield or defence priorities but an interesting sell to buy conundrum.

Not very interesting at all. Its in the media because for months now its being thrown out there that its us v Madrid for his signatute based on a comment he made about the team and Klopp. Nobody has mentioned the fact that Paris have never once said they are selling him.

Now they have Mo to add to the story because he got hooked Thursdsy night.

I might look at going into sport journalism, handy number
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44273: Mar 07, 2021 12:14:40 pm
      Not very interesting at all. Its in the media because for months now its being thrown out there that its us v Madrid for his signatute based on a comment he made about the team and Klopp. Nobody has mentioned the fact that Paris have never once said they are selling him.

There were comments during the week about how M'bappe has told PSG he wants to leave, don't know how true they are.

Then again were also being linked with Haaland as well.

And the F***ing embarrassment of this sh*t  https://uk.gofundme.com/f/get-mbappe-to-liverpool  some of our fans seriously need to get a F***ing grip and stop embarrassing us.

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2021 12:20:57 pm by HUYTON RED »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44274: Mar 07, 2021 12:20:45 pm

Now they have Mo to add to the story because he got hooked Thursdsy night.

I might look at going into sport journalism, handy number

As indicated Brian it was rumour and tied in with ongoing contract extension talks.
      Salahā€™s demeanour of late has prompted talk of him wanting away which leads to talk of a sell to buy scenario with Mbappe being the swap.

Quick Reply