Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206578 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44344: Mar 24, 2021 12:01:42 pm
      Haven't seen him. If we're looking for another energetic player like Wijnaldum, I'd go for Tielemans from Leceister. He's quite a character and has a very good attitude. He scores and assists. He's young and, having played for Leceister and Rodgers, he would fit in this team.

Yes, I'm harsh on Wijnaldum. He's a very good midfielder but, for me, a midfielder needs to show character and leadership. You should make a difference when you're playing. Fabinho does. Keita does, by example, always trying to do things. And Hendo has been doing it for some years now although he did not before.

As for Wijnaldum, it never happens. Maybe because he is another beast when playing as no. 10/AM like he did vs Barca or when he plays for his national team - he always scores for them. Then it's Klopp's fault IMO.

Rodgers plays a completely different system to Klopp.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44345: Mar 24, 2021 12:02:09 pm
      Seen a rumour in the echo saying were also keeping tabs on Aaron Ramsey.

Do the medical team really need more practice?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44346: Mar 24, 2021 12:15:57 pm
      Seen a rumour in the echo saying were also keeping tabs on Aaron Ramsey.

Why?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44347: Mar 24, 2021 12:17:29 pm
      Liverpool plan transfer for Sander Berge to replace Wijnaldum but face competition from Aston Villa

I guess Klopp really loves plodding defensive midfielders, he is actually fairly similar to Gini in how he plays so I guess it makes sense, but I'd prefer someone more dynamic.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44348: Mar 24, 2021 02:00:49 pm
      Rodgers plays a completely different system to Klopp.

Who uses the same tactics as Klopp's? Rodgers' teams are very dynamic and use pressing. They don't sit back and counter-attack only. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44349: Mar 24, 2021 02:03:25 pm
      Who uses the same tactics as Klopp's? Rodgers' teams are very dynamic and use pressing. They don't sit back and counter-attack only.

As I said, BR uses a completely different system.

"Pressing" is not a system.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #44350: Mar 24, 2021 02:10:31 pm
      Haven't seen him. If we're looking for another energetic player like Wijnaldum, I'd go for Tielemans from Leceister. He's quite a character and has a very good attitude. He scores and assists. He's young and, having played for Leceister and Rodgers, he would fit in this team.

Yes, I'm harsh on Wijnaldum. He's a very good midfielder but, for me, a midfielder needs to show character and leadership. You should make a difference when you're playing. Fabinho does. Keita does, by example, always trying to do things. And Hendo has been doing it for some years now although he did not before.

As for Wijnaldum, it never happens. Maybe because he is another beast when playing as no. 10/AM like he did vs Barca or when he plays for his national team - he always scores for them. Then it's Klopp's fault IMO.

I'm convinced you've never actually watched Gini play. He absolutely makes a difference and if he weren't playing, you'd notice. That's why he plays just about every minute of every game for Klopp.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #44351: Mar 24, 2021 03:13:07 pm
      And time to lob in a live grenade................. ......................

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1374658455265550340
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44352: Mar 24, 2021 03:21:47 pm
      As a super sub / random starter he could be a good option in a "bridge year" scenario if we are going to wait til summer 2022 to make a big signing up front.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #44353: Mar 24, 2021 03:39:10 pm
      This seems to be relevant here...considering FSG bought and planned on competing by being self-sustainable and hoping FFP would be enforced....looks like that's out the window:

(Palmeri) UEFA to blow final whistle over financial fair-play: it will be announced a new system of financial control that will leave much more freedom of spending to clubs
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44354: Mar 24, 2021 04:56:31 pm
      I'd like to see an article on what FFP has really accomplished and how much it has leveled the playing field, because when i see teams like City and PSG spend without regard when they want to and Barcelona 1 billion in debt, I doubt FFP is really accomplishing much.

Would have to see what a new control system would look like, but i doubt it will change things much.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #44355: Mar 24, 2021 05:39:28 pm
      This seems to be relevant here...considering FSG bought and planned on competing by being self-sustainable and hoping FFP would be enforced....looks like that's out the window:

(Palmeri) UEFA to blow final whistle over financial fair-play: it will be announced a new system of financial control that will leave much more freedom of spending to clubs

FSG were hoping there would be some enforceable ruling that actually put a block on a club's ability to buy top players;  this would create parity where owners were unwilling  or unable to take advantage of their team's success and go for the aforementioned top players.

Building on success is what it says on the packet, our rival's progress is embarrassing  while our owners survey LFC's market value as the only improvement they appreciate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44356: Mar 24, 2021 08:47:01 pm

Would love this.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44357: Mar 25, 2021 07:29:56 am

Me too. Suarez is one of the best strikers of his generation like Kane, Ibrahimovitch, Lewandowski... He loves the club and although he does silly things, he's not a bad guy. We know that. I'm sure most fans still like him a lot.

If Coutinho is for sale, I would want him back too. The guy was destined to be one of the best players in the world.
      Klopp said he's against signing former players but Coutinho would fit in instantly.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,292 posts | 763 
      Reply #44358: Mar 25, 2021 03:04:49 pm
      I am not too sure about resigning Suarez, although admittedly a top striker, perhaps in my case, once bitten, twice shy !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #44359: Mar 25, 2021 05:24:27 pm
      Whatever you think of Suarez, he will score goals where ever he goes. absolute goal machine. in our system he would thrive.  Norwich have seen our interest and are now throwing games to avoid promotion to the prem.

Clearly the last sentence was a joke !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44360: Mar 25, 2021 05:29:10 pm
      I am not too sure about resigning Suarez, although admittedly a top striker, perhaps in my case, once bitten, twice shy !

I was the same for a long time, but the bottom line is he has vast experience, and can bring another dimension to us, assuming he is 100% fit and committed and not just after a big pay day.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #44361: Mar 25, 2021 05:49:28 pm
      I was the same for a long time, but the bottom line is he has vast experience, and can bring another dimension to us, assuming he is 100% fit and committed and not just after a big pay day.

All big ifs really, but judging on this season alone he's not finished yet. Again comes down to whether this is just paper talk or there is genuine interest. Definitely a wait and see.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44362: Mar 25, 2021 05:55:51 pm
      All big ifs really, but judging on this season alone he's not finished yet. Again comes down to whether this is just paper talk or there is genuine interest. Definitely a wait and see.

We need a bit of guile, a bit of spite and someone who roughs defenders up a bit.

Firmino is a great player, but I don't see any defenders worrying about his physical side.
      He's strong enough, but doesn't put himself about in the way Suarez does.

As ever, we'll see, but I wouldn't be against it.
      Pretty much mellowed towards the lad.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #44363: Mar 25, 2021 06:15:12 pm
      Pretty much mellowed towards the lad.

I'll say.  I remember you hated him with a passion
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44364: Mar 25, 2021 06:26:05 pm
      Just paper talk, talk of coutinho,  Suarez, surprised sir Roger hasn't been linked with a comeback
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #44365: Mar 25, 2021 06:43:54 pm
      It's strange where the Suarez story has come from. I think he'll regret not winning anything with us so it's possible but I don't think he'll uproot from Spain? Coutinho if the valuation of £40m is true is unbelievable really from £142m. I think Coutinho would be worth a punt at £40m
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44366: Mar 25, 2021 06:47:27 pm
      I'll say.  I remember you hated him with a passion

More the way he engineered leaving tbh.

I never mind players leaving, if it's done the right way.

That said, life's too short to hold grudges.
      If he helped us win another title, it'd go a long way towards repairing his reputation.

Quick Reply