Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179658 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44436: Apr 01, 2021 11:01:19 am
      Any truth in we looking at Pedro Neto always reading bit here and there. He played well during the international break got called up from the U21s to seniors and set Jota up for one of his goals.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44437: Apr 01, 2021 02:10:41 pm
      Apparently Haaland's reps are in Barcelona to discuss a potential transfer. While i don't think it happens, should it actually go through despite all the debt problems Barcelona have, it would further show that FFP is a joke.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44438: Apr 01, 2021 02:19:31 pm
      Apparently Haaland's reps are in Barcelona to discuss a potential transfer. While i don't think it happens, should it actually go through despite all the debt problems Barcelona have, it would further show that FFP is a joke.

I don't think there needs to be any further showing....FFP IS a joke and always has been.

I can't imagine they can afford to buy him unless they sell Messi to City...and if City is going to break the bank for a player, why wouldn't they choose Haaland over Messi?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44439: Apr 01, 2021 02:20:36 pm
      Stupid day, dont know if half the sh*te you read is April fools or just sh*te
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44440: Apr 01, 2021 02:35:24 pm
      Did anyone watch Kabak yesterday, going from 3-1 up to 3-3 against Latvia is not good, was he at fault for any of the goals?

BTW Haaland had another lacklustre performance for Norway, obviously he is better than what he shows for his country, but I always worry a bit about players who can't be bothered to crank it up for their country, shows a lack of character in my opinion.

On the flipside Soerloth, who used to play for Palace, is looking very good, seems a much better player than I remember, tall and strong, holds the ball up well and a decent shot on him, could be a good cheap option and a kind of Plan B for us.

Will you pipe down about that bloody Sorloth fella. How on earth would we fit an out and out target man   into this team? Hes playing at his level after being abysmal for Palace.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44441: Apr 01, 2021 02:45:40 pm
      Will you pipe down about that bloody Sorloth fella. How on earth would we fit an out and out target man   into this team? Hes playing at his level after being abysmal for Palace.

Why should I "pipe down" any more than you should? I watched Soerloth in three games for Norway and he was much much better than he ever was for Palace, now I don't know if that was just an aberration and he's sh*te for his current club, but I'd honestly take him as an upgrade on Origi, it would give us a good plan B if Plan A isn't working, someone to hold up the ball, head in goals and out muscle defenders.

OK did a quick check on club stats, he's currently playing for RB Leipzig, mostly as a sub, scored 3 goals this season, 2 assists, minutes per goal 370. So not a superstar striker but I'd say he is definitely a better option than Origi, and he's valued at €18m
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021 03:12:30 pm by heimdall »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44442: Apr 01, 2021 02:58:57 pm
      Why should I "pipe down" any more than you should? I watched Soerloth in three games for Norway and he was much much better than he ever was for Palace, now I don't know if that was just an aberration and he's sh*te for his current club, but I'd honestly take him as an upgrade on Origi, it would give us a good plan B if Plan A isn't working, someone to hold up the ball, head in goals and out muscle defenders.
      The problem is you used those 3 Norway games to say he's (Sorloth) very good despite general trend of his career so far saying otherwise and you also used those same 3 games to say that Haaland is a ''tap in merchant'' and basically describe him as overrated despite everything we saw of him pointing to a much different conclusion than the one you came to.

However, you all well within your right to bang any drum you want as it is, at the end of the day, only an exchange of opinions
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #44443: Apr 02, 2021 01:18:19 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44444: Apr 02, 2021 12:49:51 pm
      The problem is you used those 3 Norway games to say he's (Sorloth) very good despite general trend of his career so far saying otherwise and you also used those same 3 games to say that Haaland is a ''tap in merchant'' and basically describe him as overrated despite everything we saw of him pointing to a much different conclusion than the one you came to.

However, you all well within your right to bang any drum you want as it is, at the end of the day, only an exchange of opinions

No no, I have of course also watched Haaland play for BvB where he is scoring goals for fun, but the vast majority of them are tap-ins because he gets such excellent service. I'm not saying Haaland is a crap player, but I do think he is massively overhyped. As for Sorloth I think he would be a very good very cheap option, but again I've not seen enough of him for RB Leipzig, but can he really be any worse than Origi?? From what I've see of Sorloth I think he would provide a very good plan B.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44445: Apr 02, 2021 12:52:14 pm

;D, if we win that pursuit then he must really really want to play for us, but being managed by that c**t Raiola he'll go to whoever offers Raiola the biggest wad of cash and that won't be us.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44446: Apr 02, 2021 01:11:54 pm

JFC what a clown. This is going to be like Lebron James before he went to Miami and "The Decision".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44447: Apr 02, 2021 03:07:51 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44448: Apr 02, 2021 04:02:34 pm
      He has a bit of Drago from Rocky IV look about him???
      It's that ''humans limbs are sitting in my fridge as we speak'' look. Great striker tho. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44449: Apr 02, 2021 08:46:47 pm
      It's that ''humans limbs are sitting in my fridge as we speak'' look. Great striker tho. 

Not for Norway he's not, outshone by Joshua King and Sorloth over 3 matches. Either he has an attitude problem, and can't be arsed for his country or he needs balls served up for him to tap-in, either way I'm far from impressed and consider him a good striker who is hugely over hyped. He may well become a superstar and I hope he does but he is a long long way from the finished product and is not worth the money in my opinion.

In any case we aren't getting him or the headache of dealing with his tw*t of an agent.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44450: Apr 02, 2021 11:05:07 pm
      Not for Norway he's not, outshone by Joshua King and Sorloth over 3 matches. Either he has an attitude problem, and can't be arsed for his country or he needs balls served up for him to tap-in, either way I'm far from impressed and consider him a good striker who is hugely over hyped. He may well become a superstar and I hope he does but he is a long long way from the finished product and is not worth the money in my opinion.

In any case we aren't getting him or the headache of dealing with his tw*t of an agent.

So three games for Norway decides he isn’t worth the money ? Ignoring the 49 goals in 49 games for Dortmund -120 goals in 150 career games

Clueless
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44451: Apr 03, 2021 12:32:08 pm

So three games for Norway decides he isn’t worth the money ? Ignoring the 49 goals in 49 games for Dortmund -120 goals in 150 career games

Clueless

Oh ffs, are you incapable of English comprehension or something. I have said multiple times now that he obviously is not getting the same service for Norway as he does at BvB, but he has been bang average at International level and you would kind of think that the best striker in the world like ever ever ever would be able to score a goal against f**king Gibraltar, Turkey or Montenegro!!

There are plenty of cases of very good players playing for sh*t national teams but elevating them, Haaland does not do that for Norway, for that reason I put a big question mark against him and I do think he is overhyped.

That does not make me clueless it simply means I have a different opinion of him. BTW do you not think that I have possibly observed him play a bit more than you have?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44452: Apr 03, 2021 02:05:06 pm
      Oh ffs, are you incapable of English comprehension or something. I have said multiple times now that he obviously is not getting the same service for Norway as he does at BvB, but he has been bang average at International level and you would kind of think that the best striker in the world like ever ever ever would be able to score a goal against f**king Gibraltar, Turkey or Montenegro!!

There are plenty of cases of very good players playing for sh*t national teams but elevating them, Haaland does not do that for Norway, for that reason I put a big question mark against him and I do think he is overhyped.

That does not make me clueless it simply means I have a different opinion of him. BTW do you not think that I have possibly observed him play a bit more than you have?

Who said he is the best striker “ever ever ever “

Why would you observe him play more than others ?

And in 10 internationals he has scored 6 goals - not bad for a “bang average striker” at international level

Sorry but you are clueless and have proven that beyond doubt numerous times - and this is just another

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44453: Apr 03, 2021 02:14:52 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the problem is you isolated 3 games he played with Norway and you somehow use those 3 games + the ''better service at club level'' argument to highly disregard the terrific quality he's shown so far at club level (what he has accomplished so far is unbelievable).

Haaland has 6 goals and 1 assist in 10 games with his national team (Norway). If those aren't good numbers then I don't what is. Sure he'll score more at club level because the quality around him is much higher but the idea that he somehow has to carry the whole Norway team or be labelled a bust is not credible at all. I can probably name you 10 players with indisputable legendary status across world football who couldn't ''elevate'' their national team even to winning a continental cup. Let's start with two strikers: Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'o. Both very overrated if we use your logic since none of those two guys managed an AFCON or anything else with their team (the most they ever got with Cameroon and Ivory-Coast was   individual accolades which Haaland will surely get with Norway).

If you prefer Mbappe to Haaland this is very understandable and it's a position you can defend with ease considering how good Mbappe is but defending it by saying Haaland is somewhat overrated because of 3 games with his NT is pushing it IMO.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44454: Apr 03, 2021 03:52:44 pm

Who said he is the best striker “ever ever ever “

Why would you observe him play more than others ?

And in 10 internationals he has scored 6 goals - not bad for a “bang average striker” at international level

Sorry but you are clueless and have proven that beyond doubt numerous times - and this is just another

Do you watch the Norway matches, No didn't think so, therefore how am I more clueless than you, someone who's watched a highlights package of Haaland on YouTube and is getting a bit overexcited. 

In all honestly I'm staggered by how arrogant and ignorant someone has to be so call someone else on an open forum clueless!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2021 04:01:20 pm by heimdall »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44455: Apr 03, 2021 04:00:16 pm
      Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the problem is you isolated 3 games he played with Norway and you somehow use those 3 games + the ''better service at club level'' argument to highly disregard the terrific quality he's shown so far at club level (what he has accomplished so far is unbelievable).

Haaland has 6 goals and 1 assist in 10 games with his national team (Norway). If those aren't good numbers then I don't what is. Sure he'll score more at club level because the quality around him is much higher but the idea that he somehow has to carry the whole Norway team or be labelled a bust is not credible at all. I can probably name you 10 players with indisputable legendary status across world football who couldn't ''elevate'' their national team even to winning a continental cup. Let's start with two strikers: Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'o. Both very overrated if we use your logic since none of those two guys managed an AFCON or anything else with their team (the most they ever got with Cameroon and Ivory-Coast was   individual accolades which Haaland will surely get with Norway).

If you prefer Mbappe to Haaland this is very understandable and it's a position you can defend with ease considering how good Mbappe is but defending it by saying Haaland is somewhat overrated because of 3 games with his NT is pushing it IMO.

Erm I'm not asking for Haaland to carry the team, he's not capable of that, far too selfish and immature, but I would expect him to look lively and score some more goals and generally be one of the best players in the team considering the way some are hyping him up. BTW when the entire attack is set up to benefit Haaland then at international level 6 goals and 1 assist from 13 games is actually not that amazing, especially if you look at who Norway's opponents have been in those 13 matches!

I have stated several times now that Haaland is a good player, he is after all scoring for fun with BvB, and that he will hopefully become a very good player but as of right now in my OPINION he is overrated and overhyped, the same way Sancho is. Given the choice I would choose Mbappe every single time over Haaland. I have no idea why this is such a controversial opinion???
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2021 04:59:18 pm by heimdall »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #44456: Apr 03, 2021 04:38:58 pm
      Dortmund just lost at home to Frankfurt
      and the battle for the silver ball between Haaland and Andre Silva, Silva with the winning goal. Every one talking about Haaland but Silva is having some season 22 or 23 goal this season in the league wonder if he could do it in the premier league? And would not cost as much as Haaland
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44457: Apr 03, 2021 05:26:59 pm
      Do you watch the Norway matches, No didn't think so, therefore how am I more clueless than you, someone who's watched a highlights package of Haaland on YouTube and is getting a bit overexcited. 

In all honestly I'm staggered by how arrogant and ignorant someone has to be so call someone else on an open forum clueless!!

I don’t need to be arrogant - just know that you are clueless , you clearly can’t see a top class striker if he was stood right in front of you.

His goal record both of club and country is the clear proof of how good a player he is but yet some clueless clown says he is overrated and over hyped and not worth the money touted.

You watching a couple of extra Norway games doesn’t make you an expert - it just shows you haven’t got a clue , but then a decade plus of reading what you have posted on forums shows that to everyone .

Haaland is the best pure striker in the game right now and he is only 20 . 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44458: Apr 03, 2021 05:37:08 pm

I don’t need to be arrogant - just know that you are clueless , you clearly can’t see a top class striker if he was stood right in front of you.

His goal record both of club and country is the clear proof of how good a player he is but yet some clueless clown says he is overrated and over hyped and not worth the money touted.

You watching a couple of extra Norway games doesn’t make you an expert - it just shows you haven’t got a clue , but then a decade plus of reading what you have posted on forums shows that to everyone .

Haaland is the best pure striker in the game right now and he is only 20 . 

You are arrogant and ignorant. You state that he has scored 6 goals in 10 games but that is false, he has scored 6 in 13 games, 2 of the goals were against Northern Ireland, 3 against Romania and 2 against Austria so not exactly WOW is it?

I have stated that he is a good club player but not international and he is certainly not worth ÂŁ100m or do you think he is off the back of playing for two dominant teams in two weak leagues?

Quick Reply