Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180684 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,484 posts | 3286 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44459: Apr 03, 2021 05:46:45 pm
      You are arrogant and ignorant. You state that he has scored 6 goals in 10 games but that is false, he has scored 6 in 13 games, 2 of the goals were against Northern Ireland, 3 against Romania and 2 against Austria so not exactly WOW is it?

I have stated that he is a good club player but not international and he is certainly not worth £100m or do you think he is off the back of playing for two dominant teams in two weak leagues?

Every stat site has him at 10 games and 6 goals

He has played against

Malta , Sweden , Serbia , N Ireland , Austria , Romania , N Ireland again , Gibraltar , Turkey and Montenegro-

So as you suggest you know more - can you state who the other three teams are ?

Also you dismissed him because he couldn’t score against the Likes of Turkey etc yet when he scores against teams and of that level in Romania and Austria you dismiss him again ?!

The only thing consistent about you is your inconsistency and clueless about the player

And yes I do think he is worth the money because he is going to not stop scoring goals - he is a machine and every team he plays for he scores goals - 120 in 150 games , only Messi and Ronaldo have records close to that
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44460: Apr 04, 2021 10:03:30 am
      You are arrogant and ignorant. You state that he has scored 6 goals in 10 games but that is false, he has scored 6 in 13 games, 2 of the goals were against Northern Ireland, 3 against Romania and 2 against Austria so not exactly WOW is it?

Thats 7 mate.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44461: Apr 04, 2021 12:25:36 pm
      Apparently Haaland has gone four games without a goal which is a first for him. Heimy right about him.  :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #44462: Apr 04, 2021 03:03:39 pm
      Apparently Haaland has gone four games without a goal which is a first for him. Heimy right about him.  :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle:

F**k the lurch looking lanky dope, we've got Jota the slotter!! Blame Carra for that bad nickname.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44463: Apr 04, 2021 03:41:03 pm
      F**k the lurch looking lanky dope, we've got Jota the slotter!! Blame Carra for that bad nickname.

Surely you rate him?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44464: Apr 05, 2021 12:47:10 am
      I don't give a F**k what he does for his Country as long as he's banging them in, wearing our Red Top, is all that should matter!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #44465: Apr 05, 2021 11:45:05 am

Doesn't matter realised on Saturday we don't actually need him. M'bappe would complement us more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44466: Apr 05, 2021 11:54:50 am
      Doesn't matter realised on Saturday we don't actually need him. M'bappe would complement us more.

Was asking if you rate him not whether he's needed  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #44467: Apr 05, 2021 12:13:30 pm
      Was asking if you rate him not whether he's needed  :D

Don't know never seen him live so can't comment. I've only actually seen one game on telly in which he's played.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44468: Apr 05, 2021 01:50:08 pm
      Don't know never seen him live so can't comment. I've only actually seen one game on telly in which he's played.

It will actually be interesting to see how Haaland gets on against City, they have a very decent defence now and I suspect he will be denied the supply he is used to.

I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong and change my opinion on Haaland, as a Norwegian I'd love for him to become a superstar striker like Sweden had with Zlatan, but I just don't think it will happen. He is  good but I'm not sure he has that x-factor that the greats have and I do believe he is being overhyped.

BTW did anyone else notice Klopp having a chat with Odegaard at the end of the match, now that signing I'd love to see happen, he'd be perfect for us.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44469: Apr 05, 2021 04:37:29 pm

Pretty sure you'll be watching him tomorrow HR   ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #44470: Apr 05, 2021 05:05:25 pm
      Pretty sure you'll be watching him tomorrow HR   ;)

Why? Haven't you heard there's a bigger game in Madrid involving actual past winners!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44471: Apr 05, 2021 06:56:30 pm
      Why? Haven't you heard there's a bigger game in Madrid involving actual past winners!!!

Actually forgot about that one  ;D my bad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44472: Apr 05, 2021 08:39:56 pm
      Actually forgot about that one  ;D my bad.

Which game will you watch Keith?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44473: Apr 05, 2021 09:07:33 pm
      Which game will you watch Keith?

The one with the over rated Norweigian in it.  :lmao: However, can also watch you lot!! on laptop as a back up match.  :f_whistle:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #44474: Apr 05, 2021 10:31:37 pm
      I know our top 2 priorities this summer are probably going to be the CB and CF positions but I'd love to see us go and get some sort of cover/competition for Fabinho. I know its bit further down the list of priorities but I'd love to see it happen. Furthermore Fab is the only real CDM in the squad. The only other guy I would say can play the CDM position is Henderson.

I think the past few month showed us how important a good CDM is for our system and in football in general. These past few months also showed us that you don't get to choose who gets injured and for how long.

I wouldn't even mind seeing somebody like Clarkson being given that role since the boss apparently likes him. I don't think he's there yet in terms of his size/physicality but hopefully we see more of him soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44475: Apr 06, 2021 11:43:02 am
      The one with the over rated Norweigian in it.  :lmao: However, can also watch you lot!! on laptop as a back up match.  :f_whistle:

OK let me know what you make of Haaland, I know his numbers are amazing and I know you all think I'm nuts, but I do not rate him as the next great thing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44476: Apr 06, 2021 11:45:02 am
      I know our top 2 priorities this summer are probably going to be the CB and CF positions but I'd love to see us go and get some sort of cover/competition for Fabinho. I know its bit further down the list of priorities but I'd love to see it happen. Furthermore Fab is the only real CDM in the squad. The only other guy I would say can play the CDM position is Henderson.

I think the past few month showed us how important a good CDM is for our system and in football in general. These past few months also showed us that you don't get to choose who gets injured and for how long.

I wouldn't even mind seeing somebody like Clarkson being given that role since the boss apparently likes him. I don't think he's there yet in terms of his size/physicality but hopefully we see more of him soon.

I kind of agree but in all honesty Henderson and Milner can both fill in very well in that position, CDM, so I don't see that as any big priority, replacing Gini is though and as I've said Odegaard would be perfect for that role, plus give us a bit more creativity.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #44477: Apr 06, 2021 12:00:21 pm
      I kind of agree but in all honesty Henderson and Milner can both fill in very well in that position, CDM, so I don't see that as any big priority, replacing Gini is though and as I've said Odegaard would be perfect for that role, plus give us a bit more creativity.

Odegaard could not play the Fab role he's not physically dominant enough and is too attack minded.

Good player though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44478: Apr 06, 2021 01:48:34 pm
      Forget about Halaand lads. He turned up in Manchester wearing a blue face mask and using a blue bag, hes off to city.......

Well according to their support!!

😂😂

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44479: Apr 06, 2021 05:13:55 pm
      Forget about Halaand lads. He turned up in Manchester wearing a blue face mask and using a blue bag, hes off to city.......

😂😂

I read the same thing.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #44480: Apr 06, 2021 05:30:02 pm

😂😂

Was he wearing his arl fellas shirt as well :laugh:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #44481: Apr 06, 2021 08:06:31 pm
      Far from the DM discussion, I think (that's just me guessing) that the idea in Klopp's mind and his staff's mind is to slide Jones into that role (Gini's). He may not be a carbon copy of Gini (no player is a carbon copy of another and thank god for that) but he is versatile enough to play on either side of the DM in our system and has plenty of room to develop if given the minutes.

If we are strictly talking Gini's replacement (in terms of filling a spot), I'd rather we go for someone who can do what Keita was brought in to do but can't do because he is out all the time. The idea that we are going to buy a conventional AM (like Odegaard) and stick him in the midfield of the current formation we use without any consequences is optimistic at best.

Conventional AMs like Odegaard won't track back (throwback to Countinho) and even if they do you lose a lot of their potency by forcing them to track back deep into your own half and dropping them into dog fights. Some of those also don't have the required mobility and stamina to be thrown into a creative wing role. This is why bringing in somebody like Odegaard implies switching to a 4-2-3-1 or something to accomodate the guy. This is also why Keita was brought in. You still need that creativity but you need a different type of supplier, namely a high octane box to box who has a 3rd lung and excels defensively and offensively and can carry the ball straight into the opposition's back line.

I'm not saying it's impossible tho since last summer there was clear signs that Klopp was looking to implement the 4-2-3-1 in order to switch between it and the 4-3-3 (eventually at will). In that spirit buying a conventional AM would make more sense but then you would have to think about the price tag and wage of that player vs the amount of games you are going to give him. Makes no sense to get bullied by Madrid into paying 50M or 60M for somebody who can only play when we're fielding a 4-2-3-1. I'd rather go and get somebody in the style of Sabitzer, Milinkovic-Savic, etc (just dropping names based on my initial knowledge of those players just to give an example or two of the style, I didn't really check their price tag, injury record, etc.)

Quick Reply