Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178852 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44505: Apr 15, 2021 09:13:04 am
      We need to get rid of Salah. His workrate is abysmal. We need another diligent striker like Jota. And we need a CB, hopefully we get Konate. That's it. No need for more. (We could need a playmaker like KDB but there's no decent one available afaik.)

Your an idiot shut up.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44506: Apr 15, 2021 11:22:41 am
      Salah is a wonderful player. One of the best. The issue is that he's not the most clinical of players. The difference this season is that Mane and Firmino are not scoring. His stats are simply fabulous. He has already scored 25 goals while this team has been awful for months.

His stats are fabulous because he profits from the workrate of Bobby, Mané, Hendo and Fabinho. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that I think we could be stronger if we had three strikers to work/press hard instead of two + Salah. He's overrated and I bet if it wasn't for Covid we'd be shopping him around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44507: Apr 15, 2021 11:40:27 am
      His stats are fabulous because he profits from the workrate of Bobby, Mané, Hendo and Fabinho. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that I think we could be stronger if we had three strikers to work/press hard instead of two + Salah. He's overrated and I bet if it wasn't for Covid we'd be shopping him around.

One interesting stat is xG (Expected Goals), if you look on here, https://understat.com/league/EPL, you will see that we are almost always below our xG, even when we win, whereas a team like City is usually above, that makes a huge difference and goes a long way to explaining our difficulties this season.

Salah is a great forward, but is far too wasteful, Jota is more clinical but has been out for a long time after getting injured in a dead rubber match and the less said about Mane and Bobby the better. I would say that we need to either find out what the F**k is wrong with Mane or sell him, Bobby we should definitely sell now. I would actually be quite tempted to sell Mane, Bobby and Salah and replace them with 2 top notch forwards and 1 potential. Yes it might mean next season in transition but we have to be bold, we have to adapt how we play.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44508: Apr 15, 2021 12:05:02 pm
      One interesting stat is xG (Expected Goals), if you look on here, https://understat.com/league/EPL, you will see that we are almost always below our xG, even when we win, whereas a team like City is usually above, that makes a huge difference and goes a long way to explaining our difficulties this season.

What's your explanation? Mine is this: we play pretty random near the box, i.e. we play like: get the ball to the opponent's box asap and then make some pass and if we repeat that 30 times, we get 20 shots, 10 of them on the goal, 5 on target, 2 goals and since we only get one goal on average we are winning. Obviously such a style has the benefit that you don't need the best players to play it and you don't waste much time with tatical scripts but it also means that you are dependent from statistical dry spells. City on the other hand plays more methodical around the box. This maximizes their output but it also requires much more costs for better players and more more effort in scripting attacks while in the same time Liverpool can just focus on trying over and over again. Since City got a cheat mode with the sheikhs it gives them a substantial advantage which makes our two previous seasons even more amazing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #44509: Apr 15, 2021 12:23:09 pm

Salah 'overrated'??
      The elite of the football world would pay silly money for his services!

Your comments get more ludicrous.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44510: Apr 15, 2021 05:54:23 pm
      We need to get rid of Salah. His workrate is abysmal. We need another diligent striker like Jota. And we need a CB, hopefully we get Konate. That's it. No need for more. (We could need a playmaker like KDB but there's no decent one available afaik.)

So your idea is to get shut of our current top goalscorer? Are you off your F***ing head or something?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44511: Apr 15, 2021 06:11:51 pm
      Think I would fit in well on this thread if I said Bruno Fernandes is overrated and we should sell him.  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44512: Apr 15, 2021 06:25:52 pm
      Think I would fit in well on this thread if I said Bruno Fernandes is overrated and we should sell him.  :lmao:

You'd fit in better on Redcafe or maybe not!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44513: Apr 15, 2021 06:38:18 pm
      You'd fit in better on Redcafe or maybe not!

:lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44514: Apr 16, 2021 12:47:36 pm

i see you left a message in the Hillsborough forum yesterday for the anniversary, fair play Keith
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44515: Apr 16, 2021 05:49:10 pm

Sell, sell, sell!! :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44516: Apr 17, 2021 10:48:57 am
      i see you left a message in the Hillsborough forum yesterday for the anniversary, fair play Keith

Thank you Brian, you sound a little surprised. As we both know respect is everthing no matter who fans support. I know that doesn't always happen with the minority. However, prettier sure well over 90% are. Stay safe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44517: Apr 17, 2021 10:50:02 pm
      Thank you Brian, you sound a little surprised. As we both know respect is everthing no matter who fans support. I know that doesn't always happen with the minority. However, prettier sure well over 90% are. Stay safe.

Not surprised at all pal. More highlighting that you took the time to do it when some who abuse you for even being on here couldnt be arsed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44518: Apr 18, 2021 07:55:14 am
      Not surprised at all pal. More highlighting that you took the time to do it when some who abuse you for even being on here couldnt be arsed

Never looked at it like that Brian but yeah, that's a fair point. We do have plenty of wums on here though which adequately proves your right.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44519: Apr 18, 2021 12:18:54 pm
      Dusan Vlahovic links are interesting
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #44520: Apr 18, 2021 12:54:11 pm
      Dusan Vlahovic links are interesting

Only 21. He looks about 35!

Never seen him play links are dubious at best.

We do need a striker though.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44521: Apr 18, 2021 05:04:31 pm
      Allan Saint Maxamin looks like a player who would fit fairly well into our system. Newcastle need money too!!! Try and snag that dude up?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #44522: Apr 18, 2021 06:25:34 pm
      Allan Saint Maxamin looks like a player who would fit fairly well into our system. Newcastle need money too!!! Try and snag that dude up?

Definitely would be on board with this. Old school dribbler and quick, with an end product.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44523: Apr 21, 2021 05:04:16 am
      Whose down for Luis Suraez to come back? If the money is right i say yes, i know hes 34, but hes an upgrade over Firmino, and hes still a very sound player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44524: Apr 21, 2021 08:11:59 am
      Right at this moment I couldn't care less who we sign or sell.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44525: Apr 21, 2021 11:18:40 am
      Whose down for Luis Suraez to come back? If the money is right i say yes, i know hes 34, but hes an upgrade over Firmino, and hes still a very sound player.

I'd have him and Coutinho back.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44526: Apr 21, 2021 11:36:34 am
      Right at this moment I couldn't care less who we sign or sell.

Absolutely...FSG have dragged this illustrious club name through the F***ing mud for the $$$’s

Pissed off our manager, captain, team & City..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44527: Apr 21, 2021 01:31:58 pm

Have you no standards in football? Next thing is you'll be supporting FSG & Henry.  :f_doh:

Quick Reply