Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212918 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44551: Apr 25, 2021 01:41:10 pm
      I made this suggestion the other day and I only strengthen my argument after today. He does go do down a bit too much though. Quality player and fast as F***ing lighting

He the really, really cheap option if we don't decide to go for Kylian
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #44552: Apr 25, 2021 01:49:29 pm
      Saint-Maximin is an exciting talent but what puts me off is his numbers are nowhere near where Mane's and Salah's were prior to them joining us.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #44553: Apr 25, 2021 04:08:45 pm
      unpopular opinion but id try to sign Nabil Fekir from Betis. He is so calm with the ball and i think that he would be a huge success in our team. Maybe Betis will sell, and if the money is right then the knee thingy wont matter. He is one elegant player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44554: Apr 25, 2021 04:40:59 pm
      Saint-Maximin is an exciting talent but what puts me off is his numbers are nowhere near where Mane's and Salah's were prior to them joining us.

Yes very good player, not sure he's a Jürgen type player though.
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #44555: Apr 25, 2021 11:34:37 pm
      unpopular opinion but id try to sign Nabil Fekir from Betis. He is so calm with the ball and i think that he would be a huge success in our team. Maybe Betis will sell, and if the money is right then the knee thingy wont matter. He is one elegant player.

he was a stud when at lyon i not seen him play much since then but i wouldn't mind seeing him at liverpool.. i am surprised none of the big 6 have signed  him yet tbh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44556: Apr 26, 2021 12:25:07 am
      Konate
      Kabak
      Bissouma
      Raphinha/Neto
      Striker

Would be made up if we bring these players in this Summer.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #44557: Apr 26, 2021 12:39:35 am
      Konate
      Kabak
      Bissouma
      Raphinha/Neto
      Striker

Would be made up if we bring these players in this Summer.

Trade out Bissouma for Bundeia of Norwich and I'm in
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2021 04:28:55 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44558: Apr 26, 2021 09:03:55 am
      I'm not worried by the defense. Gomez and Van Dijk should be back next season and we should have Kabak at least as an additional CB. However, what pisses me is the LB situation. Klopp signs a LB but never plays him even if Robertson is struggling. Tsimikas can't be that bad! Klopp used Moreno for months!
      Klopp allows the players in the starting 11 to keep their place even if they clearly need to be benched. What's the point? You sign Davies but play Fabinho as CB. We're still losing... Give the lad a chance.

Who can say that Mane and Firmino deserve to play more than Shaqiri or Chamberlain? They don't. At least give them a chance. They cannot do much worse than what we've seen from Firmino and Mane this season. 

For next season, I really don't know what we can do. In midfield, we have Thiago, Fabinho, Jones, Chamberlain, Keita, Henderson, Milner, and possibly Grujic... But it seems that for Klopp none of them is better than Wijnaldum! I'm really pissed at Klopp. So I'm really doubting he can take the best out of the players we have in midfield.  All of them are great players but they're castrated. Thiago has played as an average player while he's probably the best midfield around.

The only thing clear for me is that Origi should be replaced and probably Shaqiri too. Not because he's not good enough - I think he deserves to play more - but because Klopp is ruining the rest of his career.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44559: Apr 26, 2021 09:46:47 am

Wanted him 2 years ago mate, not sure how he gets on these days but I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correct, we fu**ed up that deal or it was one of those David Villa type signings. Gonna gonna gonna happen, never did!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44560: Apr 26, 2021 10:33:11 am
      Wanted him 2 years ago mate, not sure how he gets on these days but I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correct, we fu**ed up that deal or it was one of those David Villa type signings. Gonna gonna gonna happen, never did!

Google it. He said recently that his agent tried to make him sign before the World Cup. He was in the US and got a call from his agent saying he would sign the next day. He simply did not want to rush things.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44561: Apr 26, 2021 11:20:20 am
      Google it. He said recently that his agent tried to make him sign before the World Cup. He was in the US and got a call from his agent saying he would sign the next day. He simply did not want to rush things.

Oh yeah and something to do with us thinking he would have knee problems but he hasn't had a knee injury since!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44562: Apr 26, 2021 03:26:26 pm
      Oh yeah and something to do with us thinking he would have knee problems but he hasn't had a knee injury since!

Something's up with Fekir. Why isn't he at a bigger team if he's as good as we all thought? Either there are health issues or he's not as good as thought. He has almost 30 league starts for Betis with only 4g and 5a.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44563: Apr 26, 2021 03:27:55 pm

My vague recollection is that he had already taken pictures with a Liverpool shirt and was ready to be announced and then the agent tried to pull a fast one and Edwards told him to pound sand.

To go from Liverpool to Betis is a massive drop off for him, and it looks like he has hardly excelled there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44564: Apr 26, 2021 03:49:41 pm
      Something's up with Fekir. Why isn't he at a bigger team if he's as good as we all thought? Either there are health issues or he's not as good as thought. He has almost 30 league starts for Betis with only 4g and 5a.

Agreed.

Not sure how good Betis are but his numbers this season ain't great.

Don't think we'll be revisiting this one.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44565: Apr 26, 2021 04:09:16 pm
      Agreed.

Not sure how good Betis are but his numbers this season ain't great.

Don't think we'll be revisiting this one.

Betis have slowly improved this season,  fekir hasn't been great tbh. The odd flash of brilliance and the odd flash of temper

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44566: Apr 26, 2021 11:34:49 pm
      Trade out Bissouma for Bundeia of Norwich and I'm in

Nah totally different style of player mate. Buendia is much more attacking he would be more of a Shaq replacement.

Bissouma would be a natural replacement for Gini.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44567: Apr 26, 2021 11:36:24 pm
      Betis have slowly improved this season,  fekir hasn't been great tbh. The odd flash of brilliance and the odd flash of temper

Yea like others have said if Fekir was all that and a packet of crisps he'd be at Barca not Betis by now.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #44568: Apr 27, 2021 12:37:42 am
      Nah totally different style of player mate. Buendia is much more attacking he would be more of a Shaq replacement.

Bissouma would be a natural replacement for Gini.

I agree, but in all honesty I dunno if we truly need a Gini replacement. If Gini resigned with us, I doubt he's a shoe in for a starting role next season. I'd imagine it be Hendo-Thiago-Fab. Hendo would probably do the Gini role. Why not sign a guy who could come into a 1-1 game with 20 minutes to go and shake sh*t up? Just a thought
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44569: Apr 27, 2021 08:37:38 am
      I agree, but in all honesty I dunno if we truly need a Gini replacement. If Gini resigned with us, I doubt he's a shoe in for a starting role next season. I'd imagine it be Hendo-Thiago-Fab. Hendo would probably do the Gini role. Why not sign a guy who could come into a 1-1 game with 20 minutes to go and shake sh*t up? Just a thought

True. Based on this season it's certainly more goals we need in the team. Although I'm a bit concerned that Hendo might be getting more injury prone as he enters the last stage of his playing career. So we might need some extra steel for midfield if Gini leaves.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #44570: Apr 27, 2021 12:17:15 pm
      I don’t think we need a Gini type replacement. We need a big improvement. Gini has not brought much to the game for some time now.
      We need someone with the engine and tenacity of hendo, with the passing ability of Tiago.

Not sure who mind, need to get the scouts working overtime !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #44571: Apr 27, 2021 04:07:35 pm
      I don’t think we need a Gini type replacement. We need a big improvement. Gini has not brought much to the game for some time now.
      We need someone with the engine and tenacity of hendo, with the passing ability of Tiago.

Not sure who mind, need to get the scouts working overtime !

We were linked to De Paul who appears to fit the mold of player you describe.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #44572: Apr 27, 2021 05:14:02 pm
      True. Based on this season it's certainly more goals we need in the team. Although I'm a bit concerned that Hendo might be getting more injury prone as he enters the last stage of his playing career. So we might need some extra steel for midfield if Gini leaves.

I worry the same about Hendo.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #44573: Apr 28, 2021 10:22:51 am
      Yea like others have said if Fekir was all that and a packet of crisps he'd be at Barca not Betis by now.

actually Fekir is doing pretty good at Betis. Better then Thiago with us.

Quick Reply