Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196588 times
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44574: Apr 28, 2021 10:23:41 am
      actually Fekir is doing pretty good at Betis. Better then Thiago with us.

Thiago is a better player than Fekir

It’s that simple really
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #44575: Apr 28, 2021 12:09:26 pm
      actually Fekir is doing pretty good at Betis. Better then Thiago with us.

Different positions though. Fekir is an attacking midfielder Thiago plays deeper so can't really compare the two.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44576: Apr 29, 2021 08:27:31 am
      Different positions though. Fekir is an attacking midfielder Thiago plays deeper so can't really compare the two.

Who did we need more? Another CM or an AM?

I think we could manage without another CM. Chamberlain, Jones, and Keita could hardly do worse than Thiago. He has had almost no influence on the team so far. In fact, since he has started to play, we've been awful. I'm not saying it's his fault, but we are not getting better because he's on the team. Having another creative AM like Fekir could have help.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44577: Apr 29, 2021 01:09:36 pm
      Who did we need more? Another CM or an AM?

I think we could manage without another CM. Chamberlain, Jones, and Keita could hardly do worse than Thiago. He has had almost no influence on the team so far. In fact, since he has started to play, we've been awful. I'm not saying it's his fault, but we are not getting better because he's on the team. Having another creative AM like Fekir could have help.

If you can't see what Thiago brings, you're not looking properly.

Granted he hasn't fully bedded in yet, but when our first choice midfield is back, with Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago, backed by a fully functioning defense with VVD and Gomez, you'll see him shine.

There's going to be a lot of humble pie being eaten around here next season regarding Thiago.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #44578: Apr 29, 2021 04:24:22 pm
      If you can't see what Thiago brings, you're not looking properly.

Granted he hasn't fully bedded in yet, but when our first choice midfield is back, with Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago, backed by a fully functioning defense with VVD and Gomez, you'll see him shine.

There's going to be a lot of humble pie being eaten around here next season regarding Thiago.

You are in denial if you think Thiago has been good for us. Just admit he has been average like most of the team. I did not say he's not a good player but he has not influenced the team. Mane when he came, became a real asset. Same for Salah, same for Fabinho and Robertson after some months. For Thiago, we are still waiting. It does not mean he won't perform later.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44579: Apr 29, 2021 05:35:31 pm
      You are in denial if you think Thiago has been good for us. Just admit he has been average like most of the team. I did not say he's not a good player but he has not influenced the team. Mane when he came, became a real asset. Same for Salah, same for Fabinho and Robertson after some months. For Thiago, we are still waiting. It does not mean he won't perform later.

:lmao:

Sure.
      Whatever you say.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44580: Apr 29, 2021 05:54:41 pm

Maybe, maybe not

Depends if we continue mis-using him (IMO) as an 8, which he doesn't seem to have the legs for

He was starring for Bayern as a 6 and us signing him when we already had Fabinho shows what happens when you've got a starstruck Director of Football who says "oo yes we'll get him in" and then the manager has to try to work out where he's going to play him

I don't think you can really play them both in the same side and the idea of playing both of those two and Henderson (who is as much a 6 as an 8) is not appealing in the slightest. You've almost got three 6s in a midfield that should have one 6 and two 8s. I mean it might be effective, God knows our greatest ever pointsrackerupper midfield of Fab, Henderson and Gini was effective over aesthetic, but I'd prefer to see Thiago played as a 6 in a lot of games, he likes to see what's in front of him and move the ball around. Fab's much more a get-it-and-give-it no-frills sort of 6. Simple passes. Thiago is a playmaker. Fab just isn't.

Thiago for me was signed to improve our chances of winning Big Ears again, rather than the domestic stuff, which makes our likely relegation to the Eurotrash next season even more catastrophic. Thiago's signing almost becomes pointless.

I barely noticed Bissouma when we've played Brighton. Dunno if he missed a game or two or he was just anonymous or I concentrate so much on our lads that I don't pay as much attention to the oppo (defo a bit of that). But he sounds a bit Momo-like, his best asset is his ability to get about the pitch. Again suggests effective over aesthetic so I'm kind of hoping we look elsewhere. This type of player isn't hard to find for a quarter of the price outside the Premier League, where buying clubs get taken to the cleaners time and again. Didn't Leicester pick up Kante for about £300k from the French 2nd div? What happened to having a scouting network rather than just lashing £40m at it?

I shouldn't grumble about having an effective midfield, none of us should, and I love Gini to bits and will be gutted if he does actually go (still not convinced he will), but having grown up on a diet of Souness (quite gristly) I'd love to see us get an 8 who can pass the ball a bit. And put his foot in. And score double figures a season. And grow a great big tache. I sense Yves Bissouma is not that man. And nor is Thiago.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #44581: Apr 29, 2021 06:46:50 pm

I like Thiago, but he does have a valid point. dont know why you are putting laughing emoji in your post tho.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44582: Apr 29, 2021 07:10:43 pm
      I like Thiago, but he does have a valid point. dont know why you are putting laughing emoji in your post tho.

Because the idea that Thiago hasn't contributed, and has been a negative influence on our play is laughable to me, particularly this part:
      He has had almost no influence on the team so far. In fact, since he has started to play, we've been awful.

He hasn't been at his best, but I find that statement ridiculous.

I hope that's sufficiently clear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44583: May 01, 2021 10:35:54 pm
      Aguero on the house anyone?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44584: May 02, 2021 12:03:32 am

Nah

We need someone like Kane or Shearer. With the supply Trent puts in they'd get 40 goals a season in this side.

But we aint signing Kane.

Michael Edwards shortlists these days seem to consist of players that play for Red Bull Salzburg or Red Bull Leipzig. Kind of cuts our options down quite a lot.

I just spent 10 minutes swearing at Google for not finding me scouting videos of Dakson Pata, but eventually managed to find some of a player called Patson Daka  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #44585: May 02, 2021 12:47:22 am
      I don’t think we need a Gini type replacement. We need a big improvement. Gini has not brought much to the game for some time now.
      We need someone with the engine and tenacity of hendo, with the passing ability of Tiago.

Not sure who mind, need to get the scouts working overtime !

We should go all in for someone like Tielemans. He reminds me of a young Gerrard. And at 23, he could carry our midfield (alongside Jones?) for the next decade. Will be very expensive though, and probably hard to convince given our lack of CL next season.

Alternatively, we could have a look at Neves (he seems to have fallen under the radar a bit) or Saúl (who wants to leave Atlético).

And here's the crazy idea of the day: I actually believe Firmino could be very good playing as a number 8. And that would free up a position for a real killer up front...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #44586: May 02, 2021 09:37:04 am
      We should go all in for someone like Tielemans. He reminds me of a young Gerrard. And at 23, he could carry our midfield (alongside Jones?) for the next decade. Will be very expensive though, and probably hard to convince given our lack of CL next season.

Alternatively, we could have a look at Neves (he seems to have fallen under the radar a bit) or Saúl (who wants to leave Atlético).

And here's the crazy idea of the day: I actually believe Firmino could be very good playing as a number 8. And that would free up a position for a real killer up front...

Tielamens is a very good player. Not quite in the same class as Stevie though lets not get too carried away. But would be a top long term replacement for Hendo.

Probably priced at least £60 million I imagine.

Not too sure he'd leave Leicester in the CL for us in the EL next season though.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44587: May 02, 2021 08:31:46 pm
      But would be a top long term replacement for Hendo.

Could have seen us try to prise Ward-Prowse out of Southampton, as sort of 'hard yards' replacement for Milner in short term and Henderson in long term, but no Champions League and no net spend is going to be a problem.

Just the sort of unexciting but functional signing we'd target. Does he run more kilometres than any other player in the league? Tick, right we'll sign him then.

In our current set-up, the two centre mids responsible for covering their full backs, it'd make sense.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44588: May 02, 2021 09:01:34 pm

Just the sort of unexciting but functional signing we'd target. Does he run more kilometres than any other player in the league.? Tick, right we’ll sign him

F***ing amazing how that won us the European cup and league back to back seasons and made us champions of the world that strategy

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44589: May 02, 2021 10:33:12 pm
      F***ing amazing how that won us the European cup and league back to back seasons and made us champions of the world that strategy

Which is why I said signing JW-P would make sense in our current tactical set-up. If he puts in more yards than anyone in the league then maybe we can revitalise our pressing game, which seems to have disappeared the last year or two, either by design or it just has.

A lot of Reds would kick off though. Why haven't we signed some Brasilian lad they've never seen play but he's got a cool name. Galileo or whatever.

And even more Southampton fans would kick off which makes it worth pursuing. At least arrange a secret meeting in Blackpool even if we don't actually sign him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44590: May 02, 2021 10:45:10 pm
      Which is why I said signing JW-P would make sense in our current tactical set-up. If he puts in more yards than anyone in the league then maybe we can revitalise our pressing game, which seems to have disappeared the last year or two, either by design or it just has.

A lot of Reds would kick off though. Why haven't we signed some Brasilian lad they've never seen play but he's got a cool name. Galileo or whatever.

And even more Southampton fans would kick off which makes it worth pursuing. At least arrange a secret meeting in Blackpool even if we don't actually sign him.

Im only coming in on tbis post, not sure how much as gone before but I would think you arent far wrong, Ward Prowse could be a very good signing, but one that wouldnt have people overly excited
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44591: May 03, 2021 12:43:53 pm
      Dortmund apparently put a 80-90 million euro on Sanchos head, what’s that? Like £70 million lower end? Bargain if anyone gets him at that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44592: May 03, 2021 12:48:25 pm
      Dortmund apparently put a 80-90 million euro on Sanchos head, what’s that? Like £70 million lower end? Bargain if anyone gets him at that.

They wanted £120 last transfer window. You got link to this new info?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #44593: May 03, 2021 01:21:35 pm

If you want a free-kick taker, haven't seen what he offers other than that.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44594: May 03, 2021 02:55:44 pm
      If you want a free-kick taker, haven't seen what he offers other than that.

He puts in more yards than anyone else in the league.

Like I said, not the sort of thing that is going to impress the average fan, but the Director of Football will have noted it as he's a big statto.

I'll readily admit I haven't seen much of JW-P. I was just trying to see who is out there that puts the hard yards in as Milner has got a year left and Henderson two, though hopefully he'll get a new deal which Milner obviously won't.

Anyway we're not connected to JW-P so it doesn't matter. I was just kind of wondering out loud who could come in to replace Milner (and unfortunately looking like Gini as well), given our tactical set-up. JW-P came up as the king of the hard yards in the Premier League.

He's also English and while I couldn't give a flying one if there's no England players in our set-up unless they're Scouse lads, Juergen might want 1 or 2 in the dressing room maybe. Maybe not. But Henderson's been a F***ing outstanding captain. Likewise Milner. Might influence JK's thinking.

I don't see any younger northern lads knocking about the league. Midfielders. Can't think of a single one other than some lad at Bournemouth who seems to be injured a lot. Can't think of the lad's name. Possibly signed from Leeds. Good little player but injury record prob counts him out. And I don't mean the lad who plays for Wales, who is also a good little player but injured a lot. Only other one that comes to mind is Sean Longstaff who United were sniffing round supposedly a while back but he seems to have stalled (probably due to playing for Newcastle). Can safely rule him out. Oh and Barkley and Tom Davies and Lundstram who we're not gonna touch with a blueshite bargepole.

Henderson is going to be a tough lad to replace. I never saw that coming 10 years ago. I reckon most lads would have said "I don't see what he offers" and I dare say I'd have been one of them. I can't remember getting the champagne out the fridge when we signed him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #44595: May 03, 2021 06:31:37 pm
      Henderson is going to be a tough lad to replace. I never saw that coming 10 years ago. I reckon most lads would have said "I don't see what he offers" and I dare say I'd have been one of them. I can't remember getting the champagne out the fridge when we signed him.

We were too busy toasting Suarez with it!!
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44596: May 03, 2021 10:27:38 pm
      We were too busy toasting Suarez with it!!

Aye

Absolute belter of a player, prob be in my all-time LFC XI

Dunno why we never moved for him a year earlier when he was £3m, I remember seeing him on youtube and thinking this lad is phenomenal.

Mind you I thought Mark Gonzalez was gonna be better than Giggs  :-\

Quick Reply