Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179267 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44597: May 04, 2021 01:26:26 am
      Henderson is going to be a tough lad to replace. I never saw that coming 10 years ago. I reckon most lads would have said "I don't see what he offers" and I dare say I'd have been one of them. I can't remember getting the champagne out the fridge when we signed him.

100%. Still remember the debates about who we should keep: Hendo or Shelvey? He didn’t have a particularly great start and there were times when I wondered whether he wasn’t just another failed attempt at signing a homegrown player.

Thankfully the people who knew better were not on the forums and he has gone on to prove his doubters emphatically wrong. A great example to any kid what hard work and belief can achieve.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44598: May 05, 2021 04:55:03 pm
      Cash plus OX deal for Sancho?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44599: May 05, 2021 04:57:32 pm

I think everyone here would sign up for that. But why would Dortmund?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44600: May 05, 2021 05:01:28 pm
      I think everyone here would sign up for that. But why would Dortmund?

supposedly eithe a high ranking official there or his agent have stated there is a gentlemans agreement for Sancho.

Another story is they are interested in OX. For my little brain the obvioylus thing to dio then is offer him plus cssh
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44601: May 05, 2021 05:32:14 pm
      supposedly eithe a high ranking official there or his agent have stated there is a gentlemans agreement for Sancho.

Another story is they are interested in OX. For my little brain the obvioylus thing to dio then is offer him plus cssh

But then you have to figure in Ox wanting that move

He’s settled over here and his mrs job ties her to this country mainly not Germany

Swap deals very rarely happen in real life, they are for computer games
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44602: May 06, 2021 01:45:37 am

Gentleman's agreement for Sancho between who? Us and BVB? or BVB and an unnamed team? Genuinely asking
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44603: May 06, 2021 08:32:57 am
      Gentleman's agreement for Sancho between who? Us and BVB? or BVB and an unnamed team? Genuinely asking

The official stated an agreement, another source stated it is with us.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44604: May 06, 2021 08:37:30 am
      The official stated an agreement, another source stated it is with us.

Have you got a link Bri?

I mean the likelihood is this bloke is just another transfer chancer who actually knows as much as us but wants to feel important on Twitter like that Fabrizio Romarno fella
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44605: May 06, 2021 09:19:09 am
      Have you got a link Bri?

I mean the likelihood is this bloke is just another transfer chancer who actually knows as much as us but wants to feel important on Twitter like that Fabrizio Romarno fella

They pop up on my feed through the day, ill see if i can grab it, or if it pops up again later
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #44606: May 06, 2021 09:35:32 am
      What I read on Sancho was there's a 'gentleman's agreement' that he can leave if he wishes for a certain amount. Didn't see anything stating the agreement was to a certain team.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44607: May 06, 2021 04:31:40 pm
      We need workhorses like Jota and Bobby with ball skills. It‘s pretty obvious that Klopp‘s system needs 8-9 workers and then just one or two difference makers like Salah who does not work hard but focuses to earn what others prepare with their workload.

Get rid of:

-Keita
      -Shaq
      -Origi
      -Minamino
      -Kabak
      -Phillips

Get:

-Konate
      -??? Some quality guy for midfield/attack like Zaha or a striker that could actually make headers
      -Promote our best shot from our youth, e.g. Wilson or Elliott

With that we are fine and should easily play toe-to-toe with City.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44608: May 06, 2021 05:32:33 pm
      We need workhorses like Jota and Bobby with ball skills. It‘s pretty obvious that Klopp‘s system needs 8-9 workers and then just one or two difference makers like Salah who does not work hard but focuses to earn what others prepare with their workload.

Get rid of:

-Keita
      -Shaq
      -Origi
      -Minamino
      -Kabak
      -Phillips

Get:

-Konate
      -??? Some quality guy for midfield/attack like Zaha or a striker that could actually make headers
      -Promote our best shot from our youth, e.g. Wilson or Elliott

With that we are fine and should easily play toe-to-toe with City.

When we were flying last year Salah was working his ass off. I think Klopp's system means all 10 outfield players work hard. Salah's game has dropped off just like Firmino and Mane...difference is he's been at least able to occasionally put the ball in the back of the net.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #44609: May 06, 2021 06:38:10 pm
      What I read on Sancho was there's a 'gentleman's agreement' that he can leave if he wishes for a certain amount. Didn't see anything stating the agreement was to a certain team.

Best mates with Trent, he’ll pass on City, got screwed about by Manure, and how much game time would he get at Chelsea with Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech etc. Bodes well for us, definitely think there is something in this especially as Klopp hasn’t plundered BVB once he left (gentleman’s agreement) as a lot of manager do.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44610: May 06, 2021 06:40:36 pm
      The sky sources beauts on SSN saying Dortmund will not sell Haaland for less than £150 million.

Man Utd and 3 other teams chasing Sancho with Dortmund looking to sell for around £80 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44611: May 06, 2021 06:41:50 pm
      Best mates with Trent, he’ll pass on City, got screwed about by Manure, and how much game time would he get at Chelsea with Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech etc. Bodes well for us, definitely think there is something in this especially as Klopp hasn’t plundered BVB once he left (gentleman’s agreement) as a lot of manager do.

Sancho supposedly wanting to go to a team in Champions League next season.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #44612: May 06, 2021 07:01:59 pm
      It would be a massive turn-up for the books if we signed Sancho given the losses incurred during the pandemic and the anticipated loss of CL football.

We’re talking £80m and we’ve only ever spent that kind of money after receiving a huge windfall from the sale of Coutinho. I don’t see us selling any of our big hitters this summer so can’t see that one happening.

We’ll probably sign Konate, another young attacker for 25-40m in instalments and possibly a midfielder. Out will go a few others: Origi, Shaqiri, Ben Davies, Rhys Williams, Wilson, Grujic, that random guy who plays in Germany somewhere who is never heard of or seen, and possibly Keita or the Ox if we get decent money.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44613: May 06, 2021 07:03:19 pm
      that random guy who plays in Germany somewhere who is never heard of or seen

Karius?  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44614: May 06, 2021 08:04:11 pm
      The sky sources beauts on SSN saying Dortmund will not sell Haaland for less than £150 million.

Man Utd and 3 other teams chasing Sancho with Dortmund looking to sell for around £80 million.

Can anyone afford £150 million this year on one player? Can't even see Chavs or City paying that.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44615: May 06, 2021 08:42:17 pm
      Dortmund won't sell both I don't think

They almost might be better waiting for a season on Haaland - if they can - in order to see if Really Broke Madrid can find some more money from down the back of the sofa. Get an auction going in summer '22. Otherwise they risk losing their biggest asset into a severely depressed market.

They might prefer to let Sancho go instead? Prob let him go for 60?

Personally rather LFC kept their powder dry and waited for Bellingham out of those three, the kid looks frighteningly good for his age. Haaland looks a right knobhead so there's a couple of CL finalist clubs that will suit him down to the ground.

How good is Sancho anyway? Barely seen him play. Get the impression he's sort of Jermaine Pennant but with goals and assists. Pennant was an absolute Rolls Royce of a player in terms of his ability on the ball, had a first touch to die for, but his output was dreadful.

United will go all out on Grealish this summer I think. Nailed on move for me. So no Sancho for them.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44616: May 07, 2021 05:34:01 am
      We have US owners, not Sheikhs. They will not provide the funds because they think business while those Sheikhs think romantically. I tell ya we need to get rid of our US owners.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #44617: May 07, 2021 07:11:14 am
      Unless we get a real golden opportunity where Sancho or Haaland really really want to come to Liverpool, we won't sign them. Klopp does not do that. FSG does not either.

We'll surely try to sign a confirmed good EPL player or a player costing 30-60 M in another league to fill the priority gaps. I guess it depends on what Klopp sees a priority. To me, it's the attack, not defense. As for the midfield, I don't think Klopp wants to replace Wijnaldum, we already have Thiago and we have enough backup if Klopp still has faith in Keita and Ox.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #44618: May 07, 2021 08:46:50 am
      Sancho and Haaland would be great and all but I'd be happy with Raphinha and a striker who can hit the net.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44619: May 07, 2021 10:54:43 am
      We have US owners, not Sheikhs. They will not provide the funds because they think business while those Sheikhs think romantically. I tell ya we need to get rid of our US owners.

I would take Sheik owners in a flash. Wouldn't need to ask me twice.  :lmao:

Quick Reply