Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179327 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44850: Jun 07, 2021 03:08:47 pm
      After watching McKennie last night, man, really wish Juve would be willing to let him go. He'd be great for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #44851: Jun 07, 2021 04:28:39 pm
      Here's the problem with the netspenders.

Tomorrow Edwards could go and rob someone to pay a high price on Origi and Woodburn and turn around and use that money to get Neuhaus, for example, and instead of being excited about getting a great player for the present and future, they will take out their calculators and see what the total net spend was and go to the FSG thread and complain about it.

It is the single most petty, dumb thing on this board. Only net spend matters, nothing else.

Actually you guys should start your own movement: NSM

Dude you need to step back and take a chill pill. If you are so happy with FSG then why do you care if people debate the whole “net spend” issue?

I don’t think there is anyone that isn’t happy for a quality signing just because we had to sell someone to buy them but imagine if we could make a quality signing without having to always sell someone.

If we sell Origi, Shaq, Ox and Naby and bring in a quality attacker, I’ll be real happy and won’t really care about the net spend. However if we have to sell a Mane or a Firmino or a Salah to fund a quality signing or two then that’s an issue. L

Or if we can’t add a quality signing because we can’t move on dead wood then that’s a problem.

In FSG’s defense, they’ve always claimed this is the way they would work so it’s not a surprise but I would rather have owners that weren’t afraid to speculate to accumulate once in awhile.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44852: Jun 07, 2021 06:57:58 pm
      /\/\/\

Nail.Head.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44853: Jun 07, 2021 08:14:50 pm
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That&#39;s not what I wrote. The story you are referring to (which is 10 days old) says.....<br>&#39;Further new arrivals after the signing of Konate will be influenced by how much is generated from player sales.&#39;</p>&mdash; James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1401903590055292936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44854: Jun 07, 2021 08:24:00 pm
      player sales to fund signings that couldn't possibly be correct FSG support JĂźrgen to the hilt he only has to say the word and the player is as good as signed
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44855: Jun 08, 2021 01:40:29 am
      Would be happy if we signed Konate and Raphina.
      2 in and a few out to keep the squad fresh.
      Definitely some players at the end of the season played their way into a deserved squad place.
      At the start of the season I thought we had the strongest squad I'd ever seen at LFC so 2 quality players in would do the job.
      Obviously then you look at other options if players like Origi have decided they want to move on for regular football.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44856: Jun 08, 2021 02:49:57 am
      Would be happy if we signed Konate and Raphina.
      2 in and a few out to keep the squad fresh.
      Definitely some players at the end of the season played their way into a deserved squad place.
      At the start of the season I thought we had the strongest squad I'd ever seen at LFC so 2 quality players in would do the job.
      Obviously then you look at other options if players like Origi have decided they want to move on for regular football.

You could probably also let Shaqiri go and give Wilson a chance. Frees up a few mil to put towards something else.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44857: Jun 08, 2021 07:45:46 am
      Dude you need to step back and take a chill pill. If you are so happy with FSG then why do you care if people debate the whole “net spend” issue?

I don’t think there is anyone that isn’t happy for a quality signing just because we had to sell someone to buy them but imagine if we could make a quality signing without having to always sell someone.

If we sell Origi, Shaq, Ox and Naby and bring in a quality attacker, I’ll be real happy and won’t really care about the net spend. However if we have to sell a Mane or a Firmino or a Salah to fund a quality signing or two then that’s an issue. L

Or if we can’t add a quality signing because we can’t move on dead wood then that’s a problem.

In FSG’s defense, they’ve always claimed this is the way they would work so it’s not a surprise but I would rather have owners that weren’t afraid to speculate to accumulate once in awhile.

Once Covid restrictions are relaxed and fans back in the stadium that gives the club a good ÂŁ130m a season to spend on players - imagine that 🙄
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44858: Jun 08, 2021 07:48:37 am
      player sales to fund signings that couldn't possibly be correct FSG support JĂźrgen to the hilt he only has to say the word and the player is as good as signed

Do you remember when the club sold Keegan and bought Kenny or when they sold Rush and bought Beardsley and Barnes - what did you think when the club was selling players and using the funds to buy others to replace them
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44859: Jun 08, 2021 08:45:59 am
      Once Covid restrictions are relaxed and fans back in the stadium that gives the club a good ÂŁ130m a season to spend on players - imagine that 🙄

You’d have to have a brilliant imagination but I like your sunny outlook  ;D it’s refreshingly innocent…. Like that of a child
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2021 08:57:50 am by L4.19Times »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44860: Jun 08, 2021 08:50:54 am
      You could probably also let Shaqiri go and give Wilson a chance. Frees up a few mil to put towards something else.

Wilson won't ever be good enough for the Premier League. Good technically but physically he's miles off which shows in how he drifts out of matches for long periods.

I'd clear out the attack - Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson and Minamino out, bring in a top attacker and give some minutes to Elliott as well in a similar way to how Foden was bedded in at City a couple of years ago.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #44861: Jun 08, 2021 09:43:11 am
      So nothing going on with transfers then.

International competitions always slow down transfer activity until after the players teams are out
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44862: Jun 08, 2021 10:29:49 am

In the words of Mr Lennon "dream, dream away".

Do you remember when the club sold Keegan and bought Kenny or when they sold Rush and bought Beardsley and Barnes - what did you think when the club was selling players and using the funds to buy others to replace them

That was decades before bullshit and NESV were even contemplated, LFC then was all conquering and run like football team not a building society.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2021 10:37:18 am by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44863: Jun 08, 2021 12:08:45 pm
      In the words of Mr Lennon "dream, dream away".

That was decades before bullshit and NESV were even contemplated, LFC then was all conquering and run like football team not a building society.

So what you’re saying is - it was ok to do it 30 years ago but it’s not ok to do it now 🤷‍♂️

So you are ok with one set of owners doing it but not when the Americans do it

I wonder what your feelings would be if FSG were from Liverpool 🤔
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #44864: Jun 08, 2021 12:43:22 pm
      Can we at least keep the circular FSG debate to the right thread, I thought we were talking about actual transfer rumours in here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44865: Jun 08, 2021 12:44:35 pm
      Can we at least keep the circular FSG debate to the right thread, I thought we were talking about actual transfer rumours in here.

Only transfers happening are between FSG & investors...😂
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #44866: Jun 08, 2021 06:27:21 pm
      Wilson won't ever be good enough for the Premier League. Good technically but physically he's miles off which shows in how he drifts out of matches for long periods.

I'd clear out the attack - Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson and Minamino out, bring in a top attacker and give some minutes to Elliott as well in a similar way to how Foden was bedded in at City a couple of years ago.

This all day long. Also don't see us replacing Gini, and wouldn't be surprised if we see Trent or Bobby drop into midfield for a time at some point next season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44867: Jun 08, 2021 06:45:01 pm

Given the diminished role he would have, i think Wilson could serve that role, in addition to getting another better player for up front to take Origi's spot.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #44868: Jun 08, 2021 07:00:08 pm

I think Wilson will be good enough for the Premier League, which is not the same as saying he will be good enough for Liverpool FC. He will be sold on to a Brighton or a Leeds and will have a good career at that level as he is a fairly good little player but the odds must be against him making it at LFC.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44869: Jun 09, 2021 02:50:15 am

The club made a profit in 1977, just after being European Champions. It was criminal! They ended up European Champions again, but........... :D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44870: Jun 09, 2021 08:52:44 am
      We need to add an attacker for sure!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #44871: Jun 09, 2021 09:00:04 pm
      Will Edwards get us Mbappe on a bosman for next year?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #44872: Jun 09, 2021 09:00:28 pm
      Will Edwards get us Mbappe on bosman for next year?

Very much doubt it

Quick Reply