Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208309 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,178 posts | 8552 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44919: Jun 12, 2021 12:06:50 pm
      We need to try and sign Ousmane Dembélé

Please God no, he's F***ing crap. If he was half decent Barca wouldn't need to get that Danish lad Braithwaite.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,421 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44920: Jun 12, 2021 12:11:47 pm
      Please God no, he's f**king crap. If he was half decent Barca wouldn't need to get that Danish lad Braithwaite.

Koeman has been using him as a wing back  at times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44921: Jun 12, 2021 02:46:06 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #44922: Jun 12, 2021 03:06:02 pm
      Little piece about Josko Gvardiol, the new 18yo Leipzig CB/LB that is ''expected'' to become a pretty good defender in the future. Its of interest (moderate) to us because he states that Liverpool would be where he wants to go in the future.

However, the Croatia international is already eyeing a move to follow Konate, as he told 24sata this week.

“In Liverpool,” he said, when asked where he would like to play.

“From a young age, I watched Liverpool games with my dad and I grew up with only them.

“When I took football more seriously, I started following them, and I definitely want the Premier League and Liverpool.”
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,178 posts | 8552 
      Reply #44923: Jun 14, 2021 05:04:58 pm
      Soooooooooo Newcastle are interested in Nat Phillips.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #44924: Jun 14, 2021 05:08:52 pm

Sell imo
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44925: Jun 14, 2021 05:31:43 pm

Would probably be what's best for Nat and his career. Bank on last season's success to secure a longer term contract at higher wages and get more regular playing time. Next season with everyone back healthy + Konate it would have to be another catastrophic season for him to get as much time as he did last season.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #44926: Jun 14, 2021 06:05:49 pm
      Would probably be what's best for Nat and his career. Bank on last season's success to secure a longer term contract at higher wages and get more regular playing time. Next season with everyone back healthy + Konate it would have to be another catastrophic season for him to get as much time as he did last season.
      But would he get regular playing time at Newcastle? Not so sure about that. SchÀr and Lascelles are pretty solid centre backs.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #44927: Jun 14, 2021 07:19:18 pm
      But would he get regular playing time at Newcastle? Not so sure about that. SchÀr and Lascelles are pretty solid centre backs.

If he's not to start at Newcastle he could at least be first off the bench. As it currently stands here, he's going to be behind Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip and Konate, so he's looking at 5th option as best case scenario (injuries aside), which isn't even guaranteed as he'd be fighting for that 5th spot with Rhys and Davies.

He was immense for us last year and it would be a good opportunity for him to bank on that and secure a better career. As 5th option for us next year he may fall through the cracks again and be forgotten about.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44928: Jun 14, 2021 08:00:17 pm

Nat Phillips will do what’s best for Nat Phillips, he will consider that he was surplus to requirements prior to Matip and subsequently Fabinho getting crocked last season, he will know full well his situation and JĂŒrgen will be totally straight with him too, I would imagine he would want regular football with whoever and Newcastle would be a good fit for him, after getting a taste of prem football with us and how well he performed I doubt he would swap that for sitting on the bench week after week hoping he gets 10 mins here or there, if at all,

I think it would be a good move for him, at a level he would be comfortable at, good competition is healthy at a club akin to Newcastle and he certainly has the fight in him to do well, his stock has obviously risen after the experience he had with us, hence the interest from Toon, whatever he chooses I wish the lad the very best of luck, I don’t imagine that there is another player who deserves it more.

All the best Nat lad.  YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #44929: Jun 14, 2021 08:25:37 pm

I guess if we do sell the funds will be used to buy Kabak if we haven’t given up on that deal..
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #44930: Jun 14, 2021 09:03:25 pm

I know the last few games they played a back 5 so with three CB's starting regularly he would more then likely get a lot more football then staying here.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44931: Jun 14, 2021 09:29:43 pm
      I guess if we do sell the funds will be used to buy Kabak if we haven’t given up on that deal..

That’s dead mate, Konate was the alternative

One or the other
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #44932: Jun 14, 2021 09:57:23 pm

Option to buy Kabak wasn’t taken on by the club - as with Phillips I suspect Klopp knows neither can play the high line
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #44933: Jun 16, 2021 04:28:04 am
      I'd love to see us sign Neuhaus. One of the few players that fit the bill almost perfectly for us and that is reasonably priced. Tielemans and SMS would be the two other candidates for me but their price tags are too high.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44934: Jun 16, 2021 08:40:53 am
      I'd love to see us sign Neuhaus. One of the few players that fit the bill almost perfectly for us and that is reasonably priced. Tielemans and SMS would be the two other candidates for me but their price tags are too high.

Keen to know more about him must admit haven’t seen a lot of him. One of the things that crops up in other comments is his lack of pace.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #44935: Jun 16, 2021 12:19:44 pm
      Keen to know more about him must admit haven’t seen a lot of him. One of the things that crops up in other comments is his lack of pace.
      Same. If someone has real insight about him, it'd be much appreciated. He seems to be highly rated in Germany but I thought he was mostly a defensive midfielder?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #44936: Jun 16, 2021 05:56:05 pm
      I've watched him against City in the CL and the odd Bundesliga game here and there. From what I've seen I would have to agree that he isn't exactly super fast but he also isn't slow. I would compare him to Curtis Jones or even Keita but less agile (this is why Keita seem to be so fast sometimes. Its because he turns on a dime into the space).

With that said, I would say that, with the ball at his feet, he is pretty agile and a good dribbler. Good vision both in close quarters and for the longer pass. He is a sublime passer of the ball which really surprises me every time I see him dispatch a long pass because he has that weird combination of slim body but no lack of power at all (a la Reus). He also has one hell of a shot on him which is always a good weapon at the edge of the box for a team like us.

I feel confident in saying that his main weakness will be his defending because he is not super fast  without the ball but doesn't compensate for it with incredible defensive reading of the game like Thiago or an explosive acceleration over a short/medium distance to catch the ball carrier. With that said, I have no doubt that if he comes to us, after the initial 6 months to 1 year period where he adapts to the league and learns the system while a lot of people here will scream we got scammed he will establish himself as 2nd best passer on the team after Thiago and will be more of a threat than Thiago in close quarters around the opposition's box.

In my book the ideal transfer is SMS, then Tielemans and then Neuhaus. The first two have prohibitive price tags. However, Neuhaus is still a great option with potential to improve and be molded into an LFC player by JK.

PS: the even more ideal transfert for me would be for Keita to stop being injured all the time and actually do what we bought him to do but that ship seems to have sailed unless theres a very surprising turn in the events.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #44937: Jun 16, 2021 06:40:56 pm
      Interesting insight. Surprised that you think defending is his weakest area because that's what most impressed me in the clips. He looks brilliant at intercepting the ball, and like Gini, really good at shielding and retaining possession under pressure.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #44938: Jun 16, 2021 09:03:04 pm
      Interesting insight. Surprised that you think defending is his weakest area because that's what most impressed me in the clips. He looks brilliant at intercepting the ball, and like Gini, really good at shielding and retaining possession under pressure.
      I agree about him being able to retain the possession and break the pressure (basically taking players out of the play) and maybe I should've thought about it as a ''defending perk'' but I thought about it more as an offensive perk. You are right however, it is a defensive quality just as much as it is an offensive one.

However, I think I still disagree about the rest of his defensive game. He does not cover a lot of ground when the ball is with the opposition after an interception or just passing through the midfield and I also did not see him as being above average at reading the game defensively in order to intercept a lot. I dont think his defensive abilities should be of a huge concern for us if we do decide to go for him because defending is much more coachable than the creativity and passing ability he will bring and he will be surrounded by proper world class guys who will no doubt help him with the defensive chores and make him better at it (Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago and even VVD further back).

Interesting discussion as usual and I also have to bring out the disclaimer (in that case) that my opinion is based on about 5 or 6 games I've seen him play in all season long (2 against city, one against Schalke, one BVB and the other ones I cant recall) so I might very well be wrong.  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44939: Jun 18, 2021 12:50:29 am
      All I wanna know is, does he run and take on defenders, dribble through them and smash balls into the back of the net?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44940: Jun 18, 2021 04:19:37 am
      All I wanna know is, does he run and take on defenders, dribble through them and smash balls into the back of the net?

Sometimes.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44941: Jun 18, 2021 04:49:18 am

Ok, can he split a defense with a mesmerizing pass?

Quick Reply