Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178907 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44942: Jun 18, 2021 07:20:15 am
      All I wanna know is, does he run and take on defenders, dribble through them and smash balls into the back of the net?

Let's sign Mereiless!

I loved the guy, not the best player around but so reliable and he could score!

Joke aside, we need creativity from this midfield. That's why I was not against losing Wijnaldum, although I love him. He shows for the Netherlands how good a No. 10 he is but in this team he created nothing even when we badly needed a spark somewhere.

I hope Klopp finds the right player or allow one of Jones/Ox or Keita to do that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44943: Jun 20, 2021 01:47:59 pm
      Very good article in TTT, the Tomkins times by Mizgan Masani, he has ran the rule over who could be a possible replacement for Gini, it’s a in depth analysis and a very good read, he has picked these 5 players who potentially could fill the void……Florian Neuhaus, Yves Bissouma, Youri Tielemans, Marcel Sabitzer, and Lorenzo Pelligrini,……

Apologies for not providing a link….I’m old and a bit thick when it comes to techno bollocks…but just google Tomkins times and enjoy 😂

Y  N  W  A
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #44944: Jun 21, 2021 12:33:48 pm
      Definitely need a replacement for Gini

and in need of a forward too.

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44945: Jun 21, 2021 02:52:23 pm
      Florian Neuhaus is not a real option. He'd need a full season to adapt to PL. He's skinny and soft though with a good workrate. Better look for someone within PL or from Scotland. Robbo has been fantastic for us and in the 70s and 80s we only had good results with Scots, so look for them rather than to look in soft leagues to get guys like Keita.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44946: Jun 21, 2021 04:09:25 pm
      Florian Neuhaus is not a real option. He'd need a full season to adapt to PL. He's skinny and soft though with a good workrate. Better look for someone within PL or from Scotland. Robbo has been fantastic for us and in the 70s and 80s we only had good results with Scots, so look for them rather than to look in soft leagues to get guys like Keita.

I'd say on average there's been better options found across europes top leagues than that of the SPL. There are exceptions to the rule but they are exceptions.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44947: Jun 21, 2021 06:01:31 pm

You think the Bundesliga is a "soft" league?

:laugh:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #44948: Jun 21, 2021 08:31:45 pm
      Regardless of what you consider a soft league or not (I disagree) the problem is that the SPL is not exactly overflowing with quality and any player coming from another league will require the adaptation period you mention (both adapting to the league and our system)

Also, any player you buy from the Prem comes with a sizeable premium because you are buying from direct league rivals who want to skin you for every penny. I doubt Leicester will sell at the same price to Napoli, Inter, etc than they would to any team in their direct vicinity in the league table. This does not mean you dont buy from the Prem but it does mean that you really have to want this player and have to adjust your budget accordingly. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44949: Jun 22, 2021 10:33:37 am
      Waiting on the meltdown after the echo has reported klopp doesn't want a new striker/attacker. ;D
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44950: Jun 22, 2021 11:07:08 am
      Waiting on the meltdown after the echo has reported klopp doesn't want a new striker/attacker. ;D

Probably no funds 👀
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44951: Jun 22, 2021 11:52:47 am

it will be a tactic to get more money for the fringe guys we are selling. And klopp probably is happy to have them as fringe players, but if the right price comes along then they will be gone.

Talking up taki, ox, shaq & origi. Now im sure at least 2 of them will be leaving.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44952: Jun 22, 2021 06:37:06 pm
      Kabak still a possibility..?
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44953: Jun 22, 2021 06:44:08 pm

Doubt it we signed Konate
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44954: Jun 22, 2021 06:45:37 pm

Reports suggesting we can get him for £8 million…
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44955: Jun 22, 2021 06:46:46 pm
      Reports suggesting we can get him for £8 million…

We don’t need him though

And we don’t have the funds to throw 8m at someone we aren’t desperate for when we have other areas we will have to put any money we can scrape any money together for
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44956: Jun 22, 2021 06:48:43 pm

Depends on if we sell Nat or not really.

Very risky to go into the new season with two of the four centre halves coming back from serious knee injuries and one of the others being called Joel Matip.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44957: Jun 22, 2021 06:51:06 pm
      Depends on if we sell Nat or not really.

Very risky to go into the new season with two of the four centre halves coming back from serious knee injuries and one of the others being called Joel Matip.

Maybe but we don’t have a bottomless pit and other areas need focus too

Imagine if Jürgen agrees he will keep Nat
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44958: Jun 22, 2021 07:11:41 pm
      We don’t need him though

And we don’t have the funds to throw 8m at someone we aren’t desperate for when we have other areas we will have to put any money we can scrape any money together for

In that scenario, if Kabak really is available for £8M, then you sell Phillips for £10/£12M and buy Kabak.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44959: Jun 22, 2021 07:29:04 pm
      In that scenario, if Kabak really is available for £8M, then you sell Phillips for £10/£12M and buy Kabak.

Would the team that’s buying Nat not just buy Kabak?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44960: Jun 22, 2021 07:33:23 pm

We’re the ones with the buy clause at that predetermined price. An external team would have to engage in new negotiations with the seller.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44961: Jun 22, 2021 07:36:44 pm

Not necessarily and I'm sure we have some sort of option on Kabak, or at least good relationship with the club, even if an option expires.

You'd keep Philips and not sign Kabak?

For me I like how Phillips developed over the season but I still think Kabak is a much better player and prospect.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44962: Jun 22, 2021 07:37:01 pm

Also depending on Kabak wanting to sign for another team…

I think it’ll happen, it’s Edwards & Klopp moving their pieces on the chess board…

Shalke are desperate for funds & can’t afford the lads wage & want him off the books..
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #44963: Jun 22, 2021 07:45:36 pm
      We’re the ones with the buy clause at that predetermined price. An external team would have to engage in new negotiations with the seller.

Not at 8m though 🤷‍♂️

Not necessarily and I'm sure we have some sort of option on Kabak, or at least good relationship with the club, even if an option expires.

You'd keep Philips and not sign Kabak?

For me I like how Phillips developed over the season but I still think Kabak is a much better player and prospect.

I just think if we have any more cash it needs to be focused elsewhere. Keeping Nat as 5th choice would be cheaper than selling and buying and all the fees associated with that

Also depending on Kabak wanting to sign for another team…

I think it’ll happen, it’s Edwards & Klopp moving their pieces on the chess board…

Shalke are desperate for funds & can’t afford the lads wage & want him off the books..

Kabak may not have much choice in it
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #44964: Jun 22, 2021 10:48:42 pm
      Just can't see us signing Kabak. I think we'll go in as we are with CBs with only Rhys going on loan. I don't think we would lose much value if we kept Nat and we could always review his situation in Jan.

Also it might seem a bit contra a basic sense of earning your place in the squad if after the way he performed last season we then let him go at the first opportunity. It doesn't really send the right message.

I think our priority now will be a midfielder, which will be interesting as I don't think we'll spend big money. I think equally as important is another attacker but whereas City will bid £100m+ for Harry Kane I suspect we will be going for a youngster with potential (no bad thing), the player that should have been Rhian Brewster.

Quick Reply