Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179308 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45034: Jun 26, 2021 02:48:49 pm

I disagree,  Kane has glass ankles you can bet your bottom dollar he'll spend more time off the pitch getting treatment, Grealish is a grass muncher, never stays on his feet and susceptible to wimping out, obviously a great player but will he fit a Pep system, will Pep need to alter his system to fit those two in,
      Of course they would enhance any side but that doesn't necessarily  mean it will work , we'll still be breathing down their necks all the way, to May and I take us all day long in the pressure stakes. In short they'll crack b4 we would.

YNWA

You forget one vital commodity Billy.... Squad depth, you can't live with them unless you buy least 3/4 top players which can't see that happening.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45035: Jun 26, 2021 03:26:31 pm

I disagree,  Kane has glass ankles you can bet your bottom dollar he'll spend more time off the pitch getting treatment, Grealish is a grass muncher, never stays on his feet and susceptible to wimping out, obviously a great player but will he fit a Pep system, will Pep need to alter his system to fit those two in,
      Of course they would enhance any side but that doesn't necessarily  mean it will work , we'll still be breathing down their necks all the way, to May and I take us all day long in the pressure stakes. In short they'll crack b4 we would.

YNWA

Glass ankles and yet wins the Golden Boot. Not bad work if you can get it. Look I’m no fan of Kane but some of you are delusional to act like he’s overrated.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #45036: Jun 26, 2021 05:14:33 pm
      Glass ankles and yet wins the Golden Boot. Not bad work if you can get it. Look I’m no fan of Kane but some of you are delusional to act like he’s overrated.

There’s nothing bad about glass ankles. Glass ankles wins you penalties here and there, whether fair or not. If they translate into goals, I will take it shamelessly. Some of us would join me. I’d invite the rest to join in as well... ;D glass ankles...
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45037: Jun 27, 2021 12:13:50 am
      Looks like mmmKlopp made it back quickly.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #45038: Jun 27, 2021 02:48:17 pm
      Liverpool in talks with FC Porto for Otávio for 15 million euro plus Grujic going the other way
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45039: Jun 27, 2021 05:25:32 pm
      but he does kind of play second fiddle to Neymar at PSG

Agree he does, which is why I think part of why if/when he moves it will be to a team where he can be the top dog and not have to be second fiddle.

And let’s face it. If he were to come here, Mbappe SHOULD be top dog, and I don’t see Salah being ok with that. He already makes noise about minor things like not being named captain that game Trent was.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2021 05:34:00 pm by CT_LFC »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45040: Jun 27, 2021 05:44:39 pm
      Am I the only one who do not actually want us to buy Mbappé?

5. Not a real downside but we make stars, we don't buy them.

Not always, we had an option to buy Ronaldo for £12 million before he went to United and turned that down.

Have a fairly recent history of F***ing off the chance to buy younger players that ended up becoming superstars.....
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45041: Jun 27, 2021 05:55:57 pm
      Liverpool in talks with FC Porto for Otávio for 15 million euro plus Grujic going the other way
      Interesting. Is it from a reliable source?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #45042: Jun 28, 2021 01:32:10 am
      Isn’t Sanches just as injury prone as Coman?

TBH I only ever watch him in International play, so I couldn't tell ya. I know he flopped at Bayern and they said this tourney he looks rejuvenated at his new club. All I know is every time I watch him he's almost always the best player on the field. He checks all Ginis boxes and then some talent wise. I'll refer to someone else on his fitness. If he is hurt a lot obviously that's bot very Gini like  ;D
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #45043: Jun 28, 2021 07:20:47 am
      TBH I only ever watch him in International play, so I couldn't tell ya. I know he flopped at Bayern and they said this tourney he looks rejuvenated at his new club. All I know is every time I watch him he's almost always the best player on the field. He checks all Ginis boxes and then some talent wise. I'll refer to someone else on his fitness. If he is hurt a lot obviously that's bot very Gini like  ;D

He was wonderful last night. If he's available for a reasonable price, I would like him to come here. He could easily replace Wijnaldum. He's as strong and technical. What I liked is that Sanches took responsibility even when he was playing deeper, something which Wijnaldjm rarely did. Sanches was always asking for the ball and trying to accelerate the game when it was possible.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45044: Jun 28, 2021 09:40:24 am
      Isn’t Sanches just as injury prone as Coman?

Played around 50% of league games in the last two years, doesn't seem great.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #45045: Jun 29, 2021 09:35:08 pm
      I don‘t see any need. Every position has enough quality and depth. We even have some sleepers like Ox or Keita that have a potential for an outbreak.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45046: Jun 29, 2021 10:59:41 pm
      I don‘t see any need. Every position has enough quality and depth. We even have some sleepers like Ox or Keita that have a potential for an outbreak.

I can't decide if you're actually JW OR Linda's surgeon...........🤔🤣
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45047: Jun 29, 2021 11:22:01 pm

RW? CF? RB?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #45048: Jun 29, 2021 11:34:48 pm

An outbreak of injuries?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #45049: Jun 30, 2021 07:52:06 am

We have at least one legit back-up in every section: Gomez/Matip for defence, Jones/Ox/Keita for midfield, Jota/Shaq for offense and Milner to fix basically any position outside of GK. That's enough. Of course we cannot weather an outbreak of injuries like last season. Who can outside of City with its cheat mode?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45050: Jun 30, 2021 12:00:38 pm
      We have at least one legit back-up in every section: Gomez/Matip for defence, Jones/Ox/Keita for midfield, Jota/Shaq for offense and Milner to fix basically any position outside of GK. That's enough. Of course we cannot weather an outbreak of injuries like last season. Who can outside of City with its cheat mode?

Shaq is always injured. Keits is always injured. Matip is always injured. Ox is either injured or permenantly finished from his injuries which is a massive shame
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #45051: Jun 30, 2021 03:53:09 pm
      Shaq is always injured. Keits is always injured. Matip is always injured. Ox is either injured or permenantly finished from his injuries which is a massive shame

Sadly, I have to agree with most of this.  I think it would be ok if we keep 2 of these 4 in hopes that they can overcome their injuries and play a bigger role here.  But we simply have too many injury prone players in already thin squad (compared to Chelsea, City, and Utd).  In my opinion, we need to shift at least 2 of these and replace them with fresh faces who can be relied on to stay fit. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45052: Jun 30, 2021 04:51:24 pm
      Outwith player's either injury prone or simply not able to reach required fitness levels, we need to freshen things up anyway , its the quality of the new faces that has to be high though , no point just bringing in like for like, so for me we need to looking for replacing, Shaqiri & Ox, for starters, Naby I'm going to afford one more season from him, but he really is in last chance saloon, there is a player in there somewhere, hopefully we see that player this season,  Grujic,  Wilson, Woodburn,  Origi, should already be in the departure lounge,

Ox you could argue deserves another season but his worth will lessen if he doesn't reach full fitness this term so it might be worth cashing in now and get the most for him, the problem is finding replacement players better than we have, now I know that's stating the obvious but it's the same for everyone else too, unless your City, Chavs etc.

Its a unusual time right now what with the dying embers of covid and the Euro's ongoing, once that ends the transfer market will go mental,  im hoping that Edward's and his minions will have a surprise or three to spring upon us.

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45053: Jul 01, 2021 05:34:45 pm
      So... Messi is a free agent.

>:D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45054: Jul 01, 2021 06:42:14 pm
      So... Messi is a free agent.

>:D

And apparently Barca have to cut down their wage bill even further otherwise they can't sign him back. That's the edict from La Liga so that they are within FFP rules (who knew).

Probably where all the Coutinho chatter is coming from...they need Phil off their books.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #45055: Jul 01, 2021 08:52:25 pm
      Players who entered their last year of contracts
      https://twitter.com/verderubro/status/1410687004170493952?s=21
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #45056: Jul 01, 2021 09:09:07 pm
      ABOLA reporting that klopp wants Renato Sanches (Lille) and Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton)

Quick Reply