Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199725 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45241: Jul 16, 2021 06:34:08 pm
      He must have pissed someone off at the club or maybe Jürgen really does not like him. While i like Rhys, i found it strange that Kabak suddenly got dropped and never played in May.

Picked up a knock
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #45242: Jul 16, 2021 07:10:03 pm
      I get it, but it's kind of a game of who blinks first.  If we "speculate to accumulate" and go out and buy 3 new players, then other teams will know that we need to sell to balance the books and we will lose negotiating power for outgoing players.  It's about finding the right balance and timing our in/out business in such a way that allows us to stretch our budget as far as possible. 

So Edwards is going to someone at the last minute who is in desperate need of one of our players that will pay top dollar simply because they've cashed in big on someone they sold and require cover. That explains why we bring in players early and offload them at the last minute.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #45243: Jul 16, 2021 08:07:47 pm
      Longer it goes harder it is to sell these players clubs will just wait and get them on loan which is of no us to us
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #45244: Jul 16, 2021 08:35:35 pm
      Could someone with more knowledge help me understand something in regards to Kabak.  If what was written is true and he was offered to us for a cut rate,  why not take it even if we  do not need him.   8.5m is a steal for a CB his age and shown enough quality to make one think he will only improve.  Pay the 8.5 then loan him out.  In the next year or two when clubs are hopefully  able to recover from the covid hardships,  sale him at a nice profit since he will still only be around 23 year old .  And loan him with an option to recall in January god forbid we get hit with another outbreak of injuries.
      You answered your own question.

Do you really want us to do what Chelsea does? Farming players out, treating them like meat whose only value is the potential profit they might generate?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #45245: Jul 16, 2021 08:40:39 pm
      You answered your own question.

Do you really want us to do what Chelsea does? Farming players out, treating them like meat whose only value is the potential profit they might generate?

Being like chelsea is exactly what bunch of people here want us to be.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,097 posts | 83 
      Reply #45246: Jul 17, 2021 01:59:34 pm
      1. Kabak. Yes, he's young, but to make profit you need to assume he gets better and that is not a given. This is not FIFA '21. Kabak is pretty slow and that's a red flag in today's game. He didn't show enough for me to make business with him like it was suggested here.

2. Farming. Get used to it. This is the new football world and it won't go away and we fans are 100% guilty it came so far, so do not cry: take it or leave (as soon as E-Sports has a real feeling I'm gone from this whorish football business incl. LFC, but right now the graphics and game experiences are not good enough to entertain me as real football entertains me, so I stay).

3. Aouar. I like this rumor. A lot.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #45247: Jul 17, 2021 02:00:50 pm
      Could someone with more knowledge help me understand something in regards to Kabak.  If what was written is true and he was offered to us for a cut rate,  why not take it even if we  do not need him.   8.5m is a steal for a CB his age and shown enough quality to make one think he will only improve.  Pay the 8.5 then loan him out.  In the next year or two when clubs are hopefully  able to recover from the covid hardships,  sale him at a nice profit since he will still only be around 23 year old .  And loan him with an option to recall in January god forbid we get hit with another outbreak of injuries.
      Answering your question by another question here but how does the ''homegrown'' and ''foreign'' spots in the squad work? It is a possibility that you use up those foreign players spots even when sending the guy out on loan. In that case it would make more sense to not buy him. (disclaimer: I did not look it up so it might be that loaning him out gives you back the foreign spot for your squad. In that case disregard this theory).

I would also think that there is a certain element of not wanting other young potential transfer targets to see this and think LFC does not mind signing players even tho they have no real intent of giving them a fair shot at getting into the starting 11 within a reasonable time frame (you hear more and more young talented players refusing big clubs for smaller ones just because of the promise of regular game time.). I feel like some clubs like chelsea don't mind that problem because they can just throw more money at the agent and the player with the hope of convincing them but we cant really afford having to do that.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45248: Jul 17, 2021 02:26:28 pm
      Answering your question by another question here but how does the ''homegrown'' and ''foreign'' spots in the squad work? It is a possibility that you use up those foreign players spots even when sending the guy out on loan. In that case it would make more sense to not buy him. (disclaimer: I did not look it up so it might be that loaning him out gives you back the foreign spot for your squad. In that case disregard this theory).

I would also think that there is a certain element of not wanting other young potential transfer targets to see this and think LFC does not mind signing players even tho they have no real intent of giving them a fair shot at getting into the starting 11 within a reasonable time frame (you hear more and more young talented players refusing big clubs for smaller ones just because of the promise of regular game time.). I feel like some clubs like chelsea don't mind that problem because they can just throw more money at the agent and the player with the hope of convincing them but we cant really afford having to do that.

The homegrown/foreign player spots is to do with your squad player registration. You have to register players for each competition, and the HG/foreign player requirements are different. Naturally if you've loaned a player out you won't be registering him to play in any competition.

Re Kabak, I agree it's perhaps likely we don't want to turn into a Chelsea style player factory.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #45249: Jul 17, 2021 02:28:05 pm
      We ain't getting no one are we?

Konate and that's it!
      I feel like the Euros really made us feel like a lot of time has passed by without us making any move but in reality most clubs around us either completed 0 signing or at the very most 2 signings (which is one more than us). Euros + Covid really seems to have slowed things up in most leagues and its just starting to finally pick up (slowly).
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #45250: Jul 17, 2021 02:32:37 pm
      The homegrown/foreign player spots is to do with your squad player registration. You have to register players for each competition, and the HG/foreign player requirements are different. Naturally if you've loaned a player out you won't be registering him to play in any competition.

Re Kabak, I agree it's perhaps likely we don't want to turn into a Chelsea style player factory.
      That's interesting. I now see how chelsea keeps buying young players (HG and foreign). They simply don't have to register them when they loan them out to Vitesse or whoever acts as ''chelsea B'' nowadays.

Thanks for the explanation!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #45251: Jul 18, 2021 11:37:21 am
      2. Farming. Get used to it. This is the new football world and it won't go away and we fans are 100% guilty it came so far, so do not cry: take it or leave (as soon as E-Sports has a real feeling I'm gone from this whorish football business incl. LFC, but right now the graphics and game experiences are not good enough to entertain me as real football entertains me, so I stay).

You mean Moneyball.

And what you put there about E-sports makes you sound a virgin.

You mean you stay on your armchair watching the telly.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,097 posts | 83 
      Reply #45252: Jul 18, 2021 02:03:41 pm
      The day I get my hand on a realistic football simulation, I will play my own PL with my own LFC. In this league money won't rule, players won't change clubs every 4 years, players won't behave like half-criminals on the field. I will play my football like 60-70 years ago: hard, but fair. You won't see a guy like Sterling even try to sell a pen to a ref like the scum did against Denmark. On that day I will become happy - like when I played it myself as a juvenile - because it will be the sport (not business) I like. Now, it's just going thru the motion because there's just nothing better available - and yes, our club is still somehow better than those cheat-mode clubs from PSG or City.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45253: Jul 18, 2021 02:11:46 pm
      The day I get my hand on a realistic football simulation, I will play my own PL with my own LFC. In this league money won't rule, players won't change clubs every 4 years, players won't behave like half-criminals on the field. I will play my football like 60-70 years ago: hard, but fair. You won't see a guy like Sterling even try to sell a pen to a ref like the scum did against Denmark. On that day I will become happy - like when I played it myself as a juvenile - because it will be the sport (not business) I like. Now, it's just going thru the motion because there's just nothing better available - and yes, our club is still somehow better than those cheat-mode clubs from PSG or City.

:lmao:

sh*t trolling
      1/10
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #45254: Jul 18, 2021 06:09:56 pm
      Rumours on Malen seem to becoming more widespread. Would seem to be an excellent addition if materialises. Relatively cheap, 22, can play anywhere along the front line, coverage for AFCON.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45255: Jul 19, 2021 08:10:48 pm
      Looking very quiet on here take it FSG ain't spending
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3364 
      Reply #45256: Jul 19, 2021 08:22:39 pm

Only club that is spending is Arsenal
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #45257: Jul 19, 2021 08:28:46 pm
      Only club that is spending is Arsenal

Who have Arsenal signed? 

Rumours on Malen seem to becoming more widespread. Would seem to be an excellent addition if materialises. Relatively cheap, 22, can play anywhere along the front line, coverage for AFCON.

Malen seems like he would be a perfect fit.  Good blend of pace and skill, and the right age considering the age of our current front 3 -- some youthful exuberance to help motivate some of the old heads :)

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3364 
      Reply #45258: Jul 19, 2021 09:06:50 pm
      Who have Arsenal signed? 

Malen seems like he would be a perfect fit.  Good blend of pace and skill, and the right age considering the age of our current front 3 -- some youthful exuberance to help motivate some of the old heads :)

Ben White and some guy called Lokonga ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #45259: Jul 19, 2021 10:31:05 pm

We've spent £30M odd haven't we?

And haven't seen much else apart from Arsenal on Ben White.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #45260: Jul 19, 2021 10:35:34 pm
      We've spent £30M odd haven't we?

And haven't seen much else apart from Arsenal on Ben White.

Has Sancho not gone through yet?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #45261: Jul 19, 2021 10:45:37 pm
      Ben White and some guy called Lokonga ?
      they also signed a young full-back from Benfica I think
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #45262: Jul 19, 2021 10:55:31 pm
      Has Sancho not gone through yet?

Not sure mate.

I don't get all bent out of shape during this time of year and especially don't lose my sh*t if other clubs are buying.

As long as we strengthen where we need to before the season starts that's all really matters
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #45263: Jul 20, 2021 12:39:37 am
      Not sure mate.

I don't get all bent out of shape during this time of year and especially don't lose my sh*t if other clubs are buying.

As long as we strengthen where we need to before the season starts that's all really matters

I hear ya, especially this summer when it's clear everyone is hurting. There is very little activity so far.

Quick Reply