Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179628 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45264: Jul 20, 2021 04:11:44 am
      Grujic to Porto is apparently happening. I wonder what are the details of the deal. Is it a loan with a buy option or is it a straight sell and for how much.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45265: Jul 20, 2021 07:07:49 am
      Grujic to Porto is apparently happening. I wonder what are the details of the deal. Is it a loan with a buy option or is it a straight sell and for how much.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1417356093588656130?s=19
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #45266: Jul 20, 2021 08:19:10 am

10.5 m being touted so 21m so far outgoings. Would expect that to at least double
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45267: Jul 20, 2021 12:32:39 pm
      10.5 m being touted so 21m so far outgoings. Would expect that to at least double

Wonder how much Klopp will see
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #45268: Jul 20, 2021 12:37:04 pm

That's good news.  Need about 5 more out for similar fees (Nat, Wilson, Taki, Shaq, and Origi) and then 2 quality signings in midfield and attack -- maybe Bissouma and Malen? 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45269: Jul 20, 2021 12:56:00 pm
      Time to kick on now and get a couple in.

Not that long before the season starts and some money is starting to come in as well so no more excuses.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45270: Jul 20, 2021 12:58:24 pm

The same as always - all off it
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45271: Jul 20, 2021 01:26:44 pm

Good grief, what a miserable c**t.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #45272: Jul 20, 2021 02:50:03 pm
      That's good news.  Need about 5 more out for similar fees (Nat, Wilson, Taki, Shaq, and Origi) and then 2 quality signings in midfield and attack -- maybe Bissouma and Malen?
      Yep reckon 4 of them 5 could go don't think Taki will and possibly not Phillips . If we are looking at a Gini style player agree Bissouma would be a good addition like the look of him
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45273: Jul 20, 2021 03:03:43 pm

Read somewhere yesterday that Davies may be going (not sure if loan or sale) so I think that means Nat is staying, as i would expect Taki to at this point. Wilson is very likely to go and have read about some interest for Shaq from Italy, which would be a good move for him. Divock i am not sure what Klopp wants to do with him at this point.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45274: Jul 20, 2021 09:39:18 pm
      Read somewhere yesterday that Davies may be going (not sure if loan or sale) so I think that means Nat is staying, as i would expect Taki to at this point. Wilson is very likely to go and have read about some interest for Shaq from Italy, which would be a good move for him. Divock i am not sure what Klopp wants to do with him at this point.
      I expect Phillips to stay too unless we get a very tempting offer for him. Gomez and VVD are both going to have slow starts to their seasons and we don't really know when they will be back to their 100% selves (it could take one month just like it could be around christmass time). Matip is, as we know, a top CB but will miss a lot of games through injuries and Davies well nobody knows anything about Davies other than that he seems to not be in our plans (at least immediate ones). In that context Philips and Konate will be crucial to us especially early in the season where we will want 2 steady guys to man the position well enough for us to be able to pick our points all while also easing Joe and VVD back into the action
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #45275: Jul 21, 2021 12:25:04 am
      I assume we'll sell Karius? What kind of club would want him?? We'll no doubt sell a couple of others to add to the £17m already generated (Wilson and Shaq I'd guess)  and then we'll have enough to buy our midfielder/forward.

We have had a bit of a good run in offloading fringe players of late. I wonder how many of these in future will be from the youth ranks and how many will be the odd cheap deal here or there specifically with a view to selling them on to help fund purchases?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45276: Jul 21, 2021 01:28:19 am
      I assume we'll sell Karius? What kind of club would want him?? We'll no doubt sell a couple of others to add to the £17m already generated (Wilson and Shaq I'd guess)  and then we'll have enough to buy our midfielder/forward.

We have had a bit of a good run in offloading fringe players of late. I wonder how many of these in future will be from the youth ranks and how many will be the odd cheap deal here or there specifically with a view to selling them on to help fund purchases?

So you reckon the club won't give anything more than what's already been given and any further purchases must be funded from players sales?
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #45277: Jul 21, 2021 03:02:38 am
      https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4435366/rennes-open-to-deal-for-manchester-united-target-eduardo-camavinga-club-president

Interesting article because the president basically says the top priority is to reduce the size of the squad and the wage bill.  The pandemic has had a massive impact on clubs finances -- I think it's safe to say that its going to be an interesting window. 
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45278: Jul 21, 2021 03:47:26 am
      https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4435366/rennes-open-to-deal-for-manchester-united-target-eduardo-camavinga-club-president

Interesting article because the president basically says the top priority is to reduce the size of the squad and the wage bill.  The pandemic has had a massive impact on clubs finances -- I think it's safe to say that its going to be an interesting window.

Not sure when the transfer window closes, but agree will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Teams all over are hurting and we could see an unusual summer window. Read Bayern has had loses of 150M or so and have Kimmich and Goretzka coming up soon for renewals where they would want higher wages.

Will also be interesting to see how teams strategize buying this summer vs waiting until next one for the same or other quality players on a free. ESPN flashed a list of players with 1 year left on their contracts that includes names like Varane, Onana, Goretzka, Kessie, Mbappe and Dybala.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #45279: Jul 21, 2021 08:53:07 am
      they also signed a young full-back from Benfica I think

Scored last weekend on his 1st game for them
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45280: Jul 21, 2021 11:57:44 am
      A lot of stories today about big clubs selling players to finance the wages of players they want to keep.

It's not as simple as some would have you believe that it's just about throwing money at transfer fees.

LFC wage bill is approaching 60% of turnover, last I read, and above that wages start to become unsustainable.
      Then there's the fact that, in most cases, a transfer fee is paid in instalments, over the length of the players contract.

So, you have a finite amount of money coming in, which is known i.e. gate reciepts, sponsorship, tv money etc, then the unknown amounts of prize money, which is why at LFC wages are heavily incentivised, plus merchandising.

It's not just the money made from the sale of a player, it's their wages as well.

This would be less of a problem if agents were taken out of the game, but I don't blame players for wanting to get the best deal they can, and agents at the top level are usually very good at looking after the interests of the player they represent.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45281: Jul 21, 2021 12:26:33 pm
      Certainly wont a usual summer transfer window.

If we ship 4 or 5 out the door, I can see us only brining in 3 max. And probably not the superstars everyone is expecting.

The chat ive read from likes of james pearce is that next summer will be a big spending summer, this summer is about extending contracts on the big names, and shipping the fringe players, with possibly 1 or 2 new faces.

We already have Konate which is massive considering last seasons defensive issues.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45282: Jul 21, 2021 12:58:10 pm
      Certainly wont a usual summer transfer window.

If we ship 4 or 5 out the door, I can see us only brining in 3 max. And probably not the superstars everyone is expecting.

The chat ive read from likes of james pearce is that next summer will be a big spending summer, this summer is about extending contracts on the big names, and shipping the fringe players, with possibly 1 or 2 new faces.

We already have Konate which is massive considering last seasons defensive issues.

If we can replace a few fringe players who don't contribute much, either through injury or whatever, with decent players who will contribute when they get on the pitch, I reckon it'll have been a good window.

We can't keep carrying Shaq's wages while he doesn't contribute, for instance.
      Same with Keita.
      We all know they are good players, but it doesn't matter how good they are, if they're hardly ever on the pitch.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45283: Jul 21, 2021 01:36:20 pm
      If we can replace a few fringe players who don't contribute much, either through injury or whatever, with decent players who will contribute when they get on the pitch, I reckon it'll have been a good window.

We can't keep carrying Shaq's wages while he doesn't contribute, for instance.
      Same with Keita.
      We all know they are good players, but it doesn't matter how good they are, if they're hardly ever on the pitch.

Shaq is so frustrating. hes brilliant but cant stay fit long enough.

Origi is another, id rather a youngster like elliott took his place in the squad now, or another striker.

Guys like Wilson & Woodburn, have been on loan that much they are not even fringe players IMO.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #45284: Jul 21, 2021 02:09:53 pm
      You answered your own question.

Do you really want us to do what Chelsea does? Farming players out, treating them like meat whose only value is the potential profit they might generate?

Yes.   If it means we generate more funds for future transfers.  And doing this one or twice if the chance arrises isn’t the same as their loan army.  After all, this is a business.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45285: Jul 21, 2021 03:10:02 pm
      Shaq is so frustrating. hes brilliant but cant stay fit long enough.

Origi is another, id rather a youngster like elliott took his place in the squad now, or another striker.

Guys like Wilson & Woodburn, have been on loan that much they are not even fringe players IMO.

I find players like Origi so frustrating: loads of talent, but seem to be missing something that makes players really succeed.
      I don't know if it's a consequence of having so much money at a young age, or that they just can't make that final leap, but it's a shame for the lad because he has all the things he needs to succeed.
      He's 26 now, and it's really time for him to move on and have a career somewhere else.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45286: Jul 21, 2021 03:11:32 pm
      Jarrod Bowen the latest link.

Haven't paid much attention to him but seems to have upset all the right people in Twitter so I'd almost be for him for that reason alone. ;D

Quick Reply