Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179467 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45287: Jul 21, 2021 03:17:35 pm
      I find players like Origi so frustrating: loads of talent, but seem to be missing something that makes players really succeed.
      I don't know if it's a consequence of having so much money at a young age, or that they just can't make that final leap, but it's a shame for the lad because he has all the things he needs to succeed.
      He's 26 now, and it's really time for him to move on and have a career somewhere else.

Yea he is a strange one Origi. I think he would walk into a lot of teams.

Heard the players say he is the most laid back guy in the squad, perhaps that doesnt help. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45288: Jul 21, 2021 03:18:45 pm
      Jarrod Bowen the latest link.

Haven't paid much attention to him but seems to have upset all the right people in Twitter so I'd almost be for him for that reason alone. ;D

We need more homegrown players seemingly, so might be something to do with it.

But rumours are usually BS these days with, we just seem to sign players out of nowhere now, so not sure how much truth there is in that one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45289: Jul 21, 2021 04:16:29 pm
      We need more homegrown players seemingly, so might be something to do with it.

But rumours are usually BS these days with, we just seem to sign players out of nowhere now, so not sure how much truth there is in that one.

He any good?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45290: Jul 21, 2021 04:23:49 pm
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #45291: Jul 21, 2021 05:12:47 pm
      Jarrod Bowen is a good player, would be surprised if west Ham sold him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45292: Jul 21, 2021 05:41:56 pm
      Jarrod Bowen is a good player, would be surprised if west Ham sold him.

He's a good mid table player that's about it. Plays in the same position as Mo with half the talent.

I'd rather we give Elliot more game time.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #45293: Jul 21, 2021 06:48:13 pm

He wouldn't exactly be a bullseye signing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45294: Jul 21, 2021 06:48:53 pm
      He wouldn't exactly be a bullseye signing.

Not really what I asked but hey ho.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #45295: Jul 21, 2021 06:57:29 pm
      West ham will do as they're told!

Joking before anyone kicks off.

Haha and the lure of the mighty reds.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45296: Jul 21, 2021 07:30:33 pm
      Imagine signing Mbappe on a pre-contract agreement in January as he's free next summer. The collective heads of the net spenders would explode ;D

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #45297: Jul 21, 2021 09:10:01 pm
      Not really what I asked but hey ho.

Super, smashing, great!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45298: Jul 21, 2021 09:54:42 pm
      It’s always a big spending summer “next summer”.

Then there will be some excuse next summer for why we can’t spend any money.

Is it really ? Or is just media stories once again

Don’t think I have ever seen the owners state “next summer will be spending big”

In fact transfers kept pretty close to their chest

But it’s something to stir the masses
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45299: Jul 21, 2021 10:19:31 pm
      Is it really ? Or is just media stories once again

Don’t think I have ever seen the owners state “next summer will be spending big”

In fact transfers kept pretty close to their chest

But it’s something to stir the masses

Good point. Don't think i remember the team at any point saying "next summer we will spend big". The closest i can think of where they have publicly announced spending is when they said all the proceeds of the Coutinho sale would be reinvested into the team, which they were.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45300: Jul 21, 2021 10:56:11 pm
      Well, i say they would explode because all they care about is money and in this occasion they could not bi*ch and moan because we would have gotten one of the top players in the world.

Net spend as an indicator of ambition/success/anything is hugely flawed, and this happening would just drive them nuts.

I couldn’t care less about the money, I want us to have the best players. If the club can figure out a way to do that without spending a dime I’m all for it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #45301: Jul 22, 2021 12:27:55 am
      I couldn’t care less about the money, I want us to have the best players. If the club can figure out a way to do that without spending a dime I’m all for it.

Totally agree. I always find it strange that people act likes it’s their own money - I don’t give a F**k about money, I just want to get our best players tied down to contracts and bring in the best possible players for each position
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45302: Jul 22, 2021 02:39:03 am
      Shaq is so frustrating. hes brilliant but cant stay fit long enough.

Origi is another, id rather a youngster like elliott took his place in the squad now, or another striker.

Guys like Wilson & Woodburn, have been on loan that much they are not even fringe players IMO.

I don't think we will see too much action in the remainder of the window, JĂźrgen generally likes his new lads in early to give them maximum time to acclimitise to his rigorous training sessions and obviously bed in, only Konate thus far has had that privilege,

Its right that we need to shed the dead wood, Grujic, Awonweii, already gone,  probably the likes of Wilson, Woodburn, Karius next, but since there's unlikely to be more coming in, i can see us holding on to Ox, Naby, Origi maybe even Shaqiri,  unless of course we're offered decent dollar for any of those 4,

Gini going has opened a door for either Curtis,  Ox or Naby to fill, wee Harvey will take over from Shaq,  and with Hendo,  Millie, Thiago & Fabinho we're pretty much sorted in midfield,  for this season,  providing of course every one stays fit & healthy,

So as much as we'd all like to  see Tielemans,  Neuhaus,  or Bissouma or Mbappe,  Messi or Ronaldo, ok maybe not him I think JĂźrgen could be happy with his lot,
      Don't forget though,  we managed third last season without the solidity at the back,  the control and domination of midfield and the three amigo's out of kilter, we'll have all of that back plus the hunger ,passion, desire and determination to put things right, put all of that in a big F**k off pot, and you have a very dangerous, very efficient, very effective, very determined well oiled  machine ready to rip up the EPL and regain our title,  oh and, we might as well chuck old big ears in as well  !!

YNWA
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #45303: Jul 22, 2021 07:15:14 am
      We’re short in midfield and could see a similar crisis to what we had in defence last season.

Gini blew hot and cold but one thing you could rely on him for was fitness.

Keita and ox will be injured loads as usual. Both Hendo and Thiago will miss several games too. Milner isn’t getting any younger and Jones is inexperienced and can’t play consistently at top level.

I think we need to move one of the above on and bring in two midfielders as a matter of urgency.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45304: Jul 22, 2021 10:25:19 am
      It's funny when you see people moaning about the club not spending and 'being left behind' then you look at actual confirmed transfers and we've spent the most money only apart from Leicester so far.

This part of football does my head in to be honest. I love looking at players and who will suit us etc etc but the sheer nonsense and drama that comes with it is ridiculous.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45305: Jul 22, 2021 01:24:18 pm
      It's funny when you see people moaning about the club not spending and 'being left behind' then you look at actual confirmed transfers and we've spent the most money only apart from Leicester so far.

This part of football does my head in to be honest. I love looking at players and who will suit us etc etc but the sheer nonsense and drama that comes with it is ridiculous.

I think it's the lack of action regarding solid links. There's nothing concrete on anyone coming in which worries fans because we've seen the owners keep their hands in their pockets before.

There's still a long way to go in this window.

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45306: Jul 22, 2021 01:28:08 pm
      I think it's the lack of action regarding solid links. There's nothing concrete on anyone coming in which worries fans because we've seen the owners keep their hands in their pockets before.

There's still a long way to go in this window.

YNWA

It only worries you if your prone to worrying about such nonsense.

We will sign a midfielder and a forward as well this summer, I have no real doubt about that, so worrying about links is futile.

Enjoy the weather while it's here is what I say
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45307: Jul 22, 2021 01:45:11 pm

Enjoy the weather while it's here is what I say

Exactly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45308: Jul 22, 2021 03:25:23 pm

So Man United hasn’t bought Sancho?

You can certainly argue whether the moves have worked out for the scum but one thing you have to admit is when they think they are falling behind, they certainly aren’t shy about buying boldly.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45309: Jul 22, 2021 04:12:50 pm
      So Man United hasn’t bought Sancho?

You can certainly argue whether the moves have worked out for the scum but one thing you have to admit is when they think they are falling behind, they certainly aren’t shy about buying boldly.

Sancho move has not been completed

Quick Reply