Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178860 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45310: Jul 22, 2021 08:29:56 pm
      So Man United hasn’t bought Sancho?

As far as I can see that hasn't went through yet.

bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #45311: Jul 22, 2021 08:38:53 pm
      Would love to buy Griezmann! Think he would be quality for us
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #45312: Jul 22, 2021 08:43:30 pm
      As far as I can see that hasn't went through yet.

Pretty sure it isn't far off along with Varane that will be about 120m would of thought
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #45313: Jul 22, 2021 08:54:12 pm
      Pretty sure it isn't far off along with Varane that will be about 120m would of thought

Wouldn't be so sure about Varane. I have a sneaky feeling he's using their interest to get an improved contract.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45314: Jul 23, 2021 11:04:07 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #45315: Jul 23, 2021 11:34:14 pm
      Kessie's time on the merry go round. Who will it be? Bissouma, Niguez, Sanches, Neuhaus, Tielemans, Scottie Pippen? Difficult to say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #45316: Jul 23, 2021 11:37:17 pm
      Kessie's time on the merry go round. Who will it be? Bissouma, Niguez, Sanches, Neuhaus, Tielemans, Scottie Pippen? Difficult to say.

No one till we raise some more funds. And by then will they even be ready for the start of the season?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #45317: Jul 24, 2021 12:05:07 pm

Potential signing/maybe/what if/ ???
      Aren't you embarrassed with your unflinching support of the FSG under achievers?

In 11 years their only commendable decision has been the signing of Klopp, the man has extracated them from the brown stuff but their pitiful lack of support will see him leave sooner rather than  later.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #45318: Jul 24, 2021 12:19:37 pm
      Looking like another 12M incoming with Wilson nearly gone we will certainly strengthen in Midfield or attack or both
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45319: Jul 24, 2021 12:41:43 pm
      Looking like another 12M incoming with Wilson nearly gone we will certainly strengthen in Midfield or attack or both

Who is taking Wilson?

I'm not sure about anyone else coming in this season. They seem to want Ox to play in this central role. Someone from Jota, Bobby, Sadio and Mom will be missing starts each game. Still have an excess of midfielders so I'm not sure about any major outlay. That money might.be saved for after a current starter (Hendo?) leaves in the future.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45320: Jul 24, 2021 01:36:03 pm
      Who is taking Wilson?

I'm not sure about anyone else coming in this season. They seem to want Ox to play in this central role. Someone from Jota, Bobby, Sadio and Mom will be missing starts each game. Still have an excess of midfielders so I'm not sure about any major outlay. That money might.be saved for after a current starter (Hendo?) leaves in the future.

Fulham is taking Wilson

I wouldn’t read too much into where Ox plays- i suspect the manager is just looking at things that can be used during the season - having an Ox giving an extra string to his bow will make the squad more adaptable.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45321: Jul 24, 2021 02:47:04 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #45322: Jul 24, 2021 03:45:19 pm
      Apparently we bid £86m for Chiesa (fantastic player IMO). Who believes that one?

Good deal on Wilson at £12m. I think he'll do well at Fulham. Should put us on £30m or so in sales. One or two more and I think we should have enough to sign a midfielder/forward.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #45323: Jul 24, 2021 04:09:39 pm

Should put us on £30m or so in sales. One or two more and I think we should have enough to sign a midfielder/forward.

The "should" only covers the Konate outlay. The one or two more assuming they go for £40m collectively, will be enough to find a similarly priced midfielder/forward.

Again, someone will be cursed to go to hell for not taking out his own money. Who would? Only oily owners would. I wouldn't. And why should I if I were an owner.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #45324: Jul 24, 2021 06:11:35 pm
      Who is taking Wilson?

Fulham
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #45325: Jul 24, 2021 08:04:11 pm
      That's all I'm reading it re Ox. If it makes us more versatile, good

I just don't think Jürgen wants anyone else new this season.

Why would Jürgen not want anyone new? Do you think he wants to have a situation where his front three all run down their contracts with no reinforcements in sight?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45326: Jul 24, 2021 08:09:42 pm
      That's all I'm reading it re Ox. If it makes us more versatile, good

I just don't think Jürgen wants anyone else new this season.

We're at the very least signing a replacement for Gini mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45327: Jul 24, 2021 10:39:03 pm
      We're at the very least signing a replacement for Gini mate.

We'll see. Right now in midfield we've got Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Curtis Jones, James Milner, Ox and Naby Keita. Seven guys for 3 positions. Really don't need an 8th.

Why would Jürgen not want anyone new? Do you think he wants to have a situation where his front three all run down their contracts with no reinforcements in sight?

When it's time to replace those players, then new players will be brought in. Not before. Those three (four) are all still set for the lion's share of minutes up front. Harvey Elliott is likely to see an increased role with the team this season. Maybe you could argue the need for cover at the forward position, but signing a guy to be more of a backup isn't so much of a major expenditure (he might even come in on a free).

IN short he wouldn't want anyone new if he is happy with the team he has. He signed Konate because he recognized a need. I think next summer is more the time when we will see some significant adds to the team. The rest of this window is I think going to be mostly (or entirely) departures.

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2021 10:47:54 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #45328: Jul 24, 2021 11:10:32 pm
      So 12m for Wilson but will see diddly until 2022
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #45329: Jul 25, 2021 01:54:51 am
      So 12m for Wilson but will see diddly until 2022

The Club and FSG are doing well enough that if they wanted to borrow against this fee (future income) for transfers this summer, they would.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #45330: Jul 25, 2021 03:51:15 am
      :mad:

It seems it impossible to provide any sort of credit to anyone but Klopp , amazing how he has managed to do it on his own

It’s solely down to klopp.

The club was a shambles before he came in and we were moving in the wrong direction very quickly.

They had people in place to recruit players back then and look at the mess they made. Signing the likes of Downing and adam who had good numbers and stats but were both massively out of their depth here. I could go on but nobody wants a history lesson.

Klopp came in and the same type of sh*t was still happening. It’s mad to look back on it now because of the great job Jürgen has done with this group of players, but when we signed robertson for example, everybody was fuming. People were even unsure on the likes of mane and salah too because of what we had seen previously with the likes of Downing.

The difference is, we have klopp who is the best coach in world football. If, by now, you still don’t realise he has a unique gift and can even make sh*t players look half decent then I don’t know how to engage with you. He’s an unbelievable coach and there’s a lot more to it than a club highlighting a player and even suggesting them to the manager.

Do you honestly believe that had klopp not managed us, and we had any other manager in place, and we signed the exact same players that we have under klopp, then we still would have achieved the same levels of success? That those same players would have reached the same heights that they have and become the world class stars that they are now?

What about the players who were here before klopp, the obvious one being hendo. Why was he absolutely sh*te for years before klopp came and was even on the verge of joining Fulham but now most people would consider him a decent player and he’s captained his team to domestic and European titles? If it wasn’t for klopp, would jordan henderson have ever won the European cup? He would be in the bloody championship!

It doesn’t really matter who we f**king sign as long as we’ve got klopp. If they’re half decent to begin with and he’s got something there to work with then he will get a tune out of anyone and any player will flourish under him. It’s why so many are desperate to play for him. Can you name one player who has gone backwards under klopp while at us? So yes I’ll say it again, it’s f**king down to klopp.

I remember saying to you ages ago that once klopp leaves this club, you and a few others are in for a right shock. I wonder if you’ll still be nagging us to praise all those people at the club now who are all massively responsible for our success when we’re languishing in mid table competing with palace for tenth place. There’s so much to quote you on you’re going to look like an idiot. The only direction this club is going once klopp leaves is backwards unless FSG change.

Another thing, you keep saying the club only spends what the club earns. Pre covid, why didn’t we spend any money then? With all the tv, sponsorships and prize money why where we still on a sell to buy policy? It’s only now because of covid you can argue that there’s no money in the pot, but before covid there must have been? Wasn’t that the best time to invest, when we were on top and had money in the bank?

And if we only spend money that we earn, then we can’t possibly earn that much, so would you not agree that we’re a badly run club then? For a club of our size and stature, it’s worrying that we barely make any money, so you’d have to wonder what the f**k FSG are doing then 🤷🏼‍♂️
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45331: Jul 25, 2021 09:49:11 am
      It’s solely down to klopp.

The club was a shambles before he came in and we were moving in the wrong direction very quickly.

They had people in place to recruit players back then and look at the mess they made. Signing the likes of Downing and adam who had good numbers and stats but were both massively out of their depth here. I could go on but nobody wants a history lesson.

Klopp came in and the same type of sh*t was still happening. It’s mad to look back on it now because of the great job Jürgen has done with this group of players, but when we signed robertson for example, everybody was fuming. People were even unsure on the likes of mane and salah too because of what we had seen previously with the likes of Downing.

The difference is, we have klopp who is the best coach in world football. If, by now, you still don’t realise he has a unique gift and can even make sh*t players look half decent then I don’t know how to engage with you. He’s an unbelievable coach and there’s a lot more to it than a club highlighting a player and even suggesting them to the manager.

Do you honestly believe that had klopp not managed us, and we had any other manager in place, and we signed the exact same players that we have under klopp, then we still would have achieved the same levels of success? That those same players would have reached the same heights that they have and become the world class stars that they are now?

What about the players who were here before klopp, the obvious one being hendo. Why was he absolutely sh*te for years before klopp came and was even on the verge of joining Fulham but now most people would consider him a decent player and he’s captained his team to domestic and European titles? If it wasn’t for klopp, would jordan henderson have ever won the European cup? He would be in the bloody championship!

It doesn’t really matter who we f**king sign as long as we’ve got klopp. If they’re half decent to begin with and he’s got something there to work with then he will get a tune out of anyone and any player will flourish under him. It’s why so many are desperate to play for him. Can you name one player who has gone backwards under klopp while at us? So yes I’ll say it again, it’s f**king down to klopp.

I remember saying to you ages ago that once klopp leaves this club, you and a few others are in for a right shock. I wonder if you’ll still be nagging us to praise all those people at the club now who are all massively responsible for our success when we’re languishing in mid table competing with palace for tenth place. There’s so much to quote you on you’re going to look like an idiot. The only direction this club is going once klopp leaves is backwards unless FSG change.

Another thing, you keep saying the club only spends what the club earns. Pre covid, why didn’t we spend any money then? With all the tv, sponsorships and prize money why where we still on a sell to buy policy? It’s only now because of covid you can argue that there’s no money in the pot, but before covid there must have been? Wasn’t that the best time to invest, when we were on top and had money in the bank?

And if we only spend money that we earn, then we can’t possibly earn that much, so would you not agree that we’re a badly run club then? For a club of our size and stature, it’s worrying that we barely make any money, so you’d have to wonder what the f**k FSG are doing then 🤷🏼‍♂️

We'll never agree on Hendo dude.....but that aside this is spot on 👏
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #45332: Jul 25, 2021 11:17:27 am
      We'll never agree on Hendo dude.....but that aside this is spot on 👏

It’s no secret that I’m not his biggest admirer but one thing that can’t be denied is the progress he has made under Jürgen and his value to the team.  Just another example of how good of a football coach klopp is.

Quick Reply